Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,523 members, 7,808,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:10 PM

Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device (39063 Views)

Help Can't Use OTG Cable On My Tecno L9 Plus. / USB OTG Cable - 7 Important Things You Can Use It For On Android / **pictures** Wonderful Things You Can Do With An Otg Cable On Any Android Device (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by tkatechy(m): 10:26am On Nov 04, 2015
What an O.T.G cable? guess that what on your mind right......

Most of android users are not familiar with some features their android device can perform,but with time i will show you one of the special thing an O.T.G cable can do on any device that support O.T.G

Well an O.T.G cable is accessory for android that connect an android device with any external component (lollll that my own definition) be it flash drive,game controller,mouse or keyboard or modem etc. It full meaning is ON-THE-GO (OTG).

WONDERFUL THINGS YOU CAN DO WITH AN OTG CABLE ON ANDROID

1. USING AN EXTERNAL CONTROLLER.

This one of my favorite of all,for game freak like me, i would not like to play my HD games using my soft screen to avoid premature damage it may cause to my phone, so i'll prefer to use an external game controller like XBOX 360 PAD,PS 2 PAD etc to play games on my phone and belive me it so interesting been with it,
i actually made a video on HOW TO PLAY PPSSPP GAMES WITH A PLAY STATION 2 CONTROLLER ON ANDROID. WATCH BELLOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So,all this made possible because i made use of an otg cable connecting my android to the game pad.

2. CHARGING A DEVICE WITH ANOTHER DEVICE

An OTG cable easily lets you charge another phone with your phone so far it supports it, am sure this isn't new to you if you are familiar to it. just connect the otg cable to a usb cord and plug them to the respective devices, NOTE; the host of power should be the one connected to the otg cable. SEE PICTURE ABOVE!!!!!!!!

3. USING A FLASH DEVICE

i also find this cool,in the sense that i can actually send files from my flash drive to my android device,watch movies from the flash drive on my device,listen to music from the flash,reading documents saved on the flash etc it does not include any settings at all...

4. USING A MODEM

With the help of an otg cable, you can possibly share the internet connection from the modem to your android device and surf the internet amazing right

5.FILE TRANSFERRING BETWEEN DEVICES

I know the most popular way of transferring files from android to android is using the so called XENDER or FLASH SHARE,yeah it fast but it requires the use of wifi and hostpot which consume a lot of battery, but with the help of otg cable i can transfer files very fast from one device to another super fast and will not consume any battery from the devices..

Source: http://www.tkatechy..com.ng/2015/10/wonderful-things-you-can-do-with-otg.html?m=1

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by iamsodium(m): 10:28am On Nov 04, 2015
Now these are the kinda posts we are looking for...things informative....i'm very sure 78% of us ever knew dat such a cable even existed........#nairalandscience....instead of one "ali baba poses like Pharoah" like dat has added meaning to our lives...

Meanwhile am FTC

TEAM#NAIRALANDSCIENCE

21 Likes

Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by daridex(m): 10:30am On Nov 04, 2015
na how much?
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by feldido(m): 10:40am On Nov 04, 2015
Cool... Informative
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Mckandre(m): 10:40am On Nov 04, 2015
can I connect my standing fan to it as heat they wirer me here?

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by lekjons(m): 11:46am On Nov 04, 2015
maestroviviano7:
Nice post Op. Hw much?
fammo:
Hw can I connect my android device to my TV? What kind of cable should I buy and where can I get it.....Ps I live in portharcourt
mrlaw93:
It will be nice if i cn connect my electric kettle to it..
.. Modified; aw much be the cable?
daridex:
na how much?
between N500-N1200 on jumia

4 Likes

Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Babyboy1986(m): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
lasisi69:
End time
Waiting dis one dey talk self

6 Likes

Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by mrlaw93(m): 1:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
It will be nice if i cn connect my electric kettle to it..

.. Modified; aw much be the cable?
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by adoegen: 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
Create your own FORUM just like NAIRALAND!! and start earning money like seum osewa.... please contact me @ samejabofu@gmail.com

or add me on facebook @ samson pein

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Dreyl(m): 2:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
Cool
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by sigmundfreud(m): 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
Abeg I fit use your phone charge my ba3 small? grin

4 Likes

Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by fammo: 2:02pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hw can I connect my android device to my TV? What kind of cable should I buy and where can I get it.....Ps I live in portharcourt
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by GEJmustGO(f): 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nib
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by realsemaj: 2:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
I bought it 500 Naira somewhere in Ogbunabali port Harcourt but I observed it works mostly with Samsung phones that have been debugged rather than all Android phones as portrayed by the OP
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
Rogered!
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by maestroviviano7(m): 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
Nice post Op. Hw much?
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
Not any android deviceĀ°

They have to support it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by j4sure(m): 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2015
wow so good
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by DaPhilosopher(m): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2015
great
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Nemesis99(m): 2:08pm On Nov 04, 2015
fammo:
buy gotv antenna or startimes

2 Likes

Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by wanderlust007(m): 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
daridex:
na how much?
I bought mine fr just #500 but it doesn't work wit all android phones. make sure ur fone is OTG enabled

1 Like

Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by ogaprime(m): 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2015
OTG depends on which Os version and if it is factory fitted

So don't go and buy otg cable before checking if its enabled on your phone. Check before you buy
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by scarr: 2:10pm On Nov 04, 2015
Who no know before?
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Juell(m): 2:13pm On Nov 04, 2015
check on konga or jumia, price from N500
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by saints2(f): 2:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
The truth is that not ALL android phones are compactible with OTG devices, your phone need to have an OTG hardware that is embedded in your phone, examples of these phones are your tabs, your Infinix (latest ones), samsung and other phones which have an OTG mechanism in them.

By the way, I sell an OTG flash, these are a break from the norm, I give a warranty of 6 months each on them and for every purchase, you have a free case along.

Pix attached.

Please Whatsapp me for more info

2 Likes

Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Nobody: 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
Even if it is enabled, some games like fifa 14 dont respond to it
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Swaggzkid: 2:17pm On Nov 04, 2015
Enjoying it already on my M5 since.......

@op that one of external game controller i no sabi ooo. Oya come and elaborate on it abeg. I wan use am play game tonite. Thanks
Re: Things You Can Do With An OTG Cable On Any Android Device by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
i use it with my tab2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Takes Photo In A Ghana-Must-Go Bag / Etisalat Unlimited Blackberrybisnow Cost #1000 / Alcatel One Touch Pop Star Discussion Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.