Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,373 members, 7,781,046 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:01 AM

Shell Nigeria Madness - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria Madness (28738 Views)

How To Apply For Shell Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2017 / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 11:33am On Nov 04, 2015
It seems shell Nigeria needs to retract their recent recruitment requirement...I was informed by a friend to go apply for shell recruitment day 2015 and behold i couldn't make it through the application after indicating i had a second class upper in my 1st degree..

I hope this trend is not here to stay otherwise shell Nigeria would have to deal with the oil producing communities..I know of the shady recruitment carried out by this company via the HR(by facilitating recruitment process for freinds and relatives whilst leaving the process of many qualified persons in review for all eternity) and now they want to deal with first class students ONLY...

where is the NLC to curtail the excesses of shell nigeria...what rubbish...

The IYC president and community leaders of oil producing communities must hear this... angry angry angry angry....

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by waterfas: 12:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
Guy, forget, we don't have NLC. What a white contract staff called expat earn per day, most Nigerian contract staff don't earn in a month.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
waterfas:
Guy, forget, we don't have NLC. What a white contract staff called expat earn per day, most Nigerian contract staff don't earn in a month.
its crazy...i am filing reports to community leaders...these companies just do what they like... angry angry angry

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by PresVA: 12:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
Shell even organises Graduate recruitment(s) annually, what about other oil companies Total, Chevron, Agip etc, how many times have you seen their graduate recruitment? ? undecided

48 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
Guys...it was a network glitch..the 2 1 place holder was where the 2 2 place holder was and vice versa....We reapplied with "2: 2" and it went through! So...if the link is still up..Try again...Good Luck! This works actually!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by flossy007: 12:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
Searching for the link. Cant find it. Seems its closed already sad
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Ukeachu1(m): 1:29pm On Nov 04, 2015
Bellerin:
Guys...it was a network glitch..the 2 1 place holder was where the 2 2 place holder was and vice versa....We reapplied with "2: 2" and it went through! So...if the link is still up..Try again...Good Luck! This works actually!

ballerin speedily help with d link. I believe ur pace

4 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 04, 2015
Bellerin:
shocked shocked shocked shocked..are you sure...i think i noticed that...hmmmm

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by kaboninc(m): 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
shocked shocked shocked shocked..are you sure...i think i noticed that...hmmmm

Oyaaa apply and let me retry!
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
flossy007:
Searching for the link. Cant find it. Seems its closed already sad
removed already... sad embarassed
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 04, 2015
kaboninc:

Oyaaa apply and let me retry!
guy the link for nigeria is already removed.... sad sad
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Val24x(m): 1:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
abeg what is the link
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by kaboninc(m): 1:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
guy the link for nigeria is already removed.... sad sad

Maybe they want to correct the mistake.

I trust the company to be a very reputable company.

Well, let's see how it goes.

Sadly they are the most consistent oil major who have always given GT opportunities. Especially for multidisciplinary fields. ExxonMobil usually calls for specific academic fields (geology) and I've never seen any from Chevron or Total Agip

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 04, 2015
kaboninc:

Maybe they want to correct the mistake.

I trust the company to be a very reputable company.

Well, let's see how it goes.

Sadly they are the most consistent oil major who have always given GT opportunities. Especially for multidisciplinary fields. ExxonMobil usually calls for specific academic fields (geology) and I've never seen any from Chevron or Total Agip
lets wait and see..but that doesnt mean i am still not angry with them...
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by catchdwind4rmkd(m): 2:56pm On Nov 04, 2015
Bellerin:

You have brains, and you use them well my bro... I wrote them immediately I experienced same last night coz I couldn't risk applying as 2.2; you'll definitely be bounced during the profile review stage should you be successful with the online tests. So, the best bet was to bring it to their notice. As suggested by other posters, I'm sure the complains they received caused the retraction. I hope it is true though. But I'm confident coz they acknowledged my mail. So, hopefully it should be back on with extended deadline.
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by raayah(f): 3:37pm On Nov 04, 2015
waterfas:

Blaming computer glitch on expats?

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by HopeAtHand: 3:52pm On Nov 04, 2015
IzonOwei:
It seems shell Nigeria needs to retract their recent recruitment requirement...I was informed by a friend to go apply for shell recruitment day 2015 and behold i couldn't make it through the application after indicating i had a second class upper in my 1st degree..

I hope this trend is not here to stay otherwise shell Nigeria would to have deal with the oil producing communities..I know of the shady recruitment carried out by this company via the HR(by facilitating recruitment process for freinds and relatives whilst leaving the process of many qualified persons in review for all eternity) and now they want to deal with first class students ONLY...

The iyc president and community leaders of oil producing communities must hear this... angry angry angry angry....

I know of some SWesterners that were employed by Shell last week.i agree we are all Nigerians but those of us from oil bearing communities feel the brunt whenever their is fault with their pipelines or instruments and should be duly employed. This biased recruitment trend doesnt seem like it will abate soon..

Very pathetic.

6 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by richidinho(m): 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2015
shell

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by engrjosefz(m): 3:58pm On Nov 04, 2015
OK
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by texazzpete(m): 3:59pm On Nov 04, 2015
IzonOwei:

I hope this trend is not here to stay otherwise shell Nigeria would have to deal with the oil producing communities..I know of the shady recruitment carried out by this company via the HR(by facilitating recruitment process for freinds and relatives whilst leaving the process of many qualified persons in review for all eternity) and now they want to deal with first class students ONLY...

The IYC president and community leaders of oil producing communities must hear this... angry angry angry angry....

LOL

See how you rushed to give up and whine on Nairaland. More serious folks have already spotted the true issue and proactively reported this to Shell and it seems (from the poster above) that they have already taken action.

No be just to get 2.1 alone. You must learn to use your brains to solve real world issues before pushing the panic button. I hope you learn from this.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Seunaj05(m): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
Paper qualification freaking Shell. Make I hear say some 3rd class graduates no go land that job, all na formalities
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by drizslim(m): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
Hotline bling

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
When my family members were boasting of how they make $120 grand+ per year(3 uncles and 2 aunts) my brain realigned and I switched fro petroleum engineering to Computer Engineering.

Its just not practical...your job opportunities are tied to a certain region but that's none of my business.

[img]http://media./media/ySmU76RcyKjy8/giphy.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
Fight Buhari
Leave Shell alone
They deserve to employ according to their requirement

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by rawpadgin(m): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
am just laughingg grin

the corruption in spdc has become something else since a black became the head

if u dont know somebody that know somebody that is a top notch there.....

my brother, u need jesus to work in any of her facility

ain't nobody gives a demn about how qualified u aree cheesy
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by bigv(m): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
O&G noni
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Bigdreams(m): 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2015
Seen.

Have you read Business Sense For Bulk SMS Business?

Click https://www.nairaland.com/2647784/business-sense-bulk-sms-business to read now.
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by yungest(m): 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
madness u said...OK

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Mogidi: 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
Forget Shell at the moment if your name is not Mohammed.
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Timoleon(m): 4:01pm On Nov 04, 2015
its just plain unfortunate.
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by Noblebrown7(m): 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
wait
Re: Shell Nigeria Madness by macaranta(m): 4:03pm On Nov 04, 2015
OP don't blow things out of proportion,shell holds one of the most transparent recruitment processes ever and I am speaking from experience.If you pass their assessments at all stages no one,I repeat no one tampers with your slot .
The issue with the 2-1 stuff is an algorithm/logic error on the website,the logic is for 2-1 accept application,but the 2-1 placeholder was mixed up with the 2-2,if you apply and select 2-2 it goes through,but shell only works with 2-1s I guess(so if you actually have a 2-2 you might be screened out later)

Direct your anger at Agip ,Total ,Mobil and Chevron that is majorly in house and on a man know man basis.Worst is Chevron that will set exam with their partner in crime dragnet and no single person will pass ,na so we don dull reach ? grin

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What's The Best Answer To “How Much Do You Want Us To Be Paying You?" / Massive Recruitment at Federal University, Kashere Gombe State, May 2015 / I Refused A 200k Per Month Job Because I Cannot Work Under A Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.