Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,262 members, 7,807,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians (59303 Views)

Attempt To Declare Saraki Acting President Fails At Senate / Dino Melaye And His Turbaning Outfit At Senate's Plenary Session (Photos) / Uncertainty Hangs Over Buhari's #5000 Stipends For #25M Poorest Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
There was mild drama at the senate on Wednesday, as All Progressives Congress (APC) senators and those of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) squabbled over a motion by Philip Aduda, senate minority leader, urging President Muhammadu Buhari to fulfill his party’s promise of paying N5,000 monthly to unemployed Nigerian youths. ‎

The motion, which was seconded by Godswill Akpabio (senate minority leader), generated hot air, as APC senators shot it down. Aduda’s motion followed an earlier motion‎ on the need to curb unemployment in Nigeria by Bassey Akpan (Akwa Ibom northeast).

Akpan had observed that the rate of job creation in Nigeria was grossly inadequate to keep pace with the expanding working age and labour force population. He said he believed that if the nation’s unemployed youths‎ were effectively engaged in gainful employment, vices such as terrorism, kidnapping and armed robbery would be reduced. ‎

Akpan therefore urged the senate to call on the “federal government and sub-national governments to intensify their effort on employment generation activities in line with their various campaign promises”. The was motion adopted, however, after some amendments were made to it. The senate adjourned to next Tuesday.

https://www.thecable.ng/drama-senate-apcs-n5000-month-promise-unemployed-nigerians

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by INTROVERT(f): 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2015
lolz....

We knew all those were just empty campaign promises used to deceive gullible Nigerians... grin grin grin

263 Likes 20 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
Buhari is just a disgrace...
In sane countries, a dullard of this calibre would be in Elderly homes, fed by NGOs. But here we have someone who would insult out sensibilities...making unfound promises dat is never feasible. And still. deny the rest.
OK. which one have u been able to deliver?
Answer==None!!
Big shame!

Truly, when a dullard rules, the people regret!

339 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by kodded(m): 5:18pm On Nov 04, 2015
Tonnierichy:
If Buhari will fulfil that promise, it wouldn't be now.....

The country is not financially buoyant to effect such promise yet!!

So I'll advice everyone to be reasonable.....

I can remember wen such issue was raised under the Jonathan's administration, it was outrightly shot out by former senate President David Mark.
did gej promise anyone free meals and free N5000 ? .

158 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by ajepako(f): 5:19pm On Nov 04, 2015
Why the ruckus now?

Is it now a crime to remind a government that promised 'change' to fulfill its promises?

Chai... all the barbers, vulcanizers, radio repairers, and baba eleran in my area don shut up

I no dey hear 'sai baba' again

APC, I hail una lie oh! grin grin grin grin grin grin

255 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by kelvincoll(m): 5:21pm On Nov 04, 2015
undecided
This is one policy i argue its logic.
A FG that owes her civil servants salaries and pensioners yet to receive arrears would pay millions of youth #5000?

What were the APC think tank smoking?
What happened to "teaching how to fish and not giving fish"

116 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by IbokUtoroh(m): 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2015
why apc senators vex over iit? was it not their campaign promise?

158 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by Cutehector(m): 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2015
Even if jonathan remained in power, billions of money would hav continued to be siphoned... And there still will be no jobs.

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by VickJames(m): 5:22pm On Nov 04, 2015
So the senators do not know thath the #5000 promise is a 2015 scam?

90 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by Tonnierichy(m): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
If Buhari will fulfil that promise, it wouldn't be now.....

The country is not financially buoyant to effect such promise yet!!

So I'll advice everyone to be reasonable.....

I can remember wen such issue was raised under the Jonathan's administration, it was outrightly shot out by former senate President David Mark.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
K

1 Like

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by LesbianBoy(m): 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
Chai! How time flies! I even forgot buhari and Apc even promised this sef. I don't really blame myself sha. Why won't i forget when, ever since buhari took over, its been one problem to another! Its definitely going to be a long 4 years o!

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by gloriousangel7: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
OK.

SHOUT out to my Role Model PRINCESS FACH the BEST PRESENTER....Watch her LIVE on NTA Lagos channel 10 on Mondays 7:30 pm...
TVC Every Saturday 8:30 am
MITV every Saturday 8:0am also available onDSTV,GOTV,STARTIMES,...
I just love her as my Role Model.
Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by gneisss: 5:23pm On Nov 04, 2015
bunch of liers....another big scam which was pulled on every Nigerian....
mr president why have u not stabilize the price of crude oil yet??
why is 1dollar not even equal to 100naira talkless of 1 naira?
where is the #5000 for unemployed youth?
why are the school children not receiving free meals yet?
why are people not going to jail yet?...

we are not asking for too much ...just start doing something biko...afterall u knew all the problems affecting Nigeria...AND PLEASE STOP TRAVELLING AROUND THE WORLD WE AINT SEEING WORLD LEADERS COMING HERE EITHER

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by Icecomrade: 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
Still remember OSibanjo moving around with Power point presentation during campaign.

I was simply laughing at the guy because he felt governance is university lecturing.

Its time to fulfill the promises and they sit like toddlers wailing about being. Broke

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by Mopolchi: 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
ok. That Bassey Akpan be like say na correct senator. I like im contention. But I for like make they create jobs rather than encouraging laziness with N5000 only.

7 Likes

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by kelvyn7: 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
shocked

NO BE SMALL MATTER, MATTER, MATTER

#in 2Baba's voice

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by fulaniHERDSman(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
Pained Southies, no power for you lot till 2070. After we must have finished your oil and developed our lake chad basin oil fields we kick y'all out.

For now the only thing we want from PMB is.........The promised NATIONAL GRAZING PATHWAY for herdsmen. cool

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by jazinogold(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
we all know we were scammed by APC like ABC!

make dem add d 5000 to my NEPA bill grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by RexTramadol1: 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
PDP be whyning APC on top visible scam

5 Likes

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by Jimmyo3(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by gokay11(m): 5:24pm On Nov 04, 2015
Baba please don't let ur supporters down fulfill ur campaign promises.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by naijapips02: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
Buhari never promised that.
Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by EagleScribes: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
We are watching

APC = PDP = deceivers

Our PVC is still intact!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by Nelsizzy(m): 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
Buhari n Apc don use propaganda finish us. APC n SCAM r synonyms.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by MadCow1: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
lol
Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by gloriousangel7: 5:25pm On Nov 04, 2015
OK.

SHOUT out to my Role Model PRINCESS FACH the BEST PRESENTER....Watch her LIVE on NTA Lagos channel 10 on Mondays 7:30 pm...
TVC Every Saturday 8:30 am
MITV every Saturday 8:0am also available onDSTV,GOTV,STARTIMES,...u can visit her site too
www.princessfach.com
I just love her as my Role Model.
Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by adewumiopeyemi(m): 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
if de pa dis money people we de employed GO StILL de collect d 5k GOD HELP US

4 Likes

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by nikkiking(m): 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
grin things can change. Oh yes things can change.

He says that just to get elected.

I pity the fool expected Buhari will pay 5k to the unemployed nigerians tongue tongue

Story for the Guuuuds.

14 Likes

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by skulboiy1990(m): 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
Editor1:
Buhari is just a disgrace...
In sane countries, a dullard of this calibre would be in Elderly homes, fed by NGOs. But here we have someone who would insult out sensibilities...making unfound promises dat is never feasible. And still. deny the rest.
OK. which one have u been able to deliver?
Answer==None!!
Big shame!

Truly, when a dullard rules, the people regret!
... Bros na wa u oo... Gimme 1 solid reason y he is a dullard like u just said

2 Likes

Re: Drama At Senate Over Buhari's #5000 Promise To Unemployed Nigerians by Balkan(m): 5:26pm On Nov 04, 2015
If you tell a lie, you will continue to tell so many lies to maintain your lie. APC = liar muh.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Peter Obi Attends Linda Ikeji’s Child Dedication Ceremony (Photos) / Meet Amina Mohammed, Most Beautiful & Highly Placed Woman From Northern Nigeria / Musa Wada Emerges PDP Guber Candidate In Kogi As Dino Melaye Loses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.