Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,425 members, 7,808,520 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

False Allegation: Blogger Begs Amosun For Forgiveness - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / False Allegation: Blogger Begs Amosun For Forgiveness (582 Views)

Ben Bruce Reply To Man Who Begged GEJ For Forgiveness / Governor Ortom Rolls On The Floor, Prays, Begs God For Forgiveness / Doyin Okupe Prostrates, Begs Obasanjo For Forgiveness (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

False Allegation: Blogger Begs Amosun For Forgiveness by Tolexander: 6:43pm On Nov 04, 2015
The blogger who was arrested by policemen in Ogun State last month and charged to court for allegedly writing a false report against the wife of Ogun State governor, Mrs. Olufunso Amosun, Emmanuel Ojo, has apologised to the governor, Senator Ibikunle Amosun.

In a statement he personally signed in Abeokuta on Wednesday, a copy of which was made available to our correspondent, he said the action was not aimed at maligning the state governor or any of his family members.

The blogger had posted a story on his facebook page that Mrs. Amosun had been arrested and detained in London over money laundering to the tune of $300,000.

Ojo, who had been arrested and released on bail, was charged for publishing a false news with intent to malign, cause hatred against the wife of the governor which was punishable under section 516 of criminal code cap 24 vol. 2 Laws of Ogun State of Nigeria, 2006.

The blogger said he had received good counsel from some stakeholders in the state, mainly community and spiritual leaders, asking him to embrace peace by seeking alternative means of settling the impasse.

Ojo said he had also directed his lawyers to withdraw the case he instituted against the governor’s Chief security Officer as part of the peace moves.

He said, “In the spirit of ‘Omoluabi,’ I hereby apologise for any inconvenience or embarrassment that the said Facebook posting might have caused the state government or the family of the amiable governor.

“I have also directed my lawyers to withdraw the case instituted against the governor’s CSO in the interest of peace.

“Let me reiterate, at this juncture, that it is not my wish at anytime to malign anyone, particularly the state governor or any of his family members.

“It is the peace, prosperity and progress of my dear Ogun State that I seek. I believe the state governor, being the father of all in the state, will appreciate this and be benevolent on the matter.”
http://punchng.com/2015/11/3912
Re: False Allegation: Blogger Begs Amosun For Forgiveness by Andyg: 3:42am On Nov 05, 2015
May he forgive you IJN
Re: False Allegation: Blogger Begs Amosun For Forgiveness by aminho(m): 4:18am On Nov 05, 2015
Zoombie
Re: False Allegation: Blogger Begs Amosun For Forgiveness by Nobody: 4:28am On Nov 05, 2015
Fear factor part 1

1 Like

Re: False Allegation: Blogger Begs Amosun For Forgiveness by Aromas: 4:43am On Nov 05, 2015
This particular statement get me laughing grin The blogger said he had received good counsel from some stakeholders in the state, mainly community and spiritual leaders, asking him to embrace peace by seeking alternative means of settling the impasse. Na wa o, he won fight b4?
Re: False Allegation: Blogger Begs Amosun For Forgiveness by Misterlaby: 4:53am On Nov 05, 2015
Na person wey never receive police torture for cell go deh claim "strong man" na wink tongue
Re: False Allegation: Blogger Begs Amosun For Forgiveness by Alphaoscar: 6:35am On Nov 05, 2015
Ojo is an errand boy for the PDP topshots in Ogun state and he believed he will be untouchable due to his closeness to the opposition leaders in the state but he was surprised to discover that he was left to carry his cross alone when kasala burst on his head.

Re: False Allegation: Blogger Begs Amosun For Forgiveness by dridowu: 6:39am On Nov 05, 2015
To all those useless bloggers out there that like to write/spread false news, time would soon catch up with you.

Be Warned

GBN
Re: False Allegation: Blogger Begs Amosun For Forgiveness by Pavore9: 6:47am On Nov 05, 2015
Falsehood do not take one far but being a 'guest' of the Nigerian Police, u go know how far! cheesy
Re: False Allegation: Blogger Begs Amosun For Forgiveness by ArodeTsolaye: 6:49am On Nov 05, 2015
Chai yoruba no get liver at all. After them don mend the guy seriously inside cell. He don 'embrace peace' come postrate. Thank God Nnamdi kanu is not yoruba. grin

(1) (Reply)

6 Things You Should Know About Ministerial Appointee Professor Isaac Folorunso A / 2015. The Doomsday Year Of Nigeria Breakup Is Here...but Not Yet Gone! / Babangida Reject Pdp’s Invitation, Insists He Has Retired From Politics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.