Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,863 members, 7,806,445 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme - Jobs/Vacancies (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme (339076 Views)

Apply For Heineken International Fresh Graduate Programme 2018 / Seplat Petroleum Graduate Scheme Massive Recruitment 2017/2018 / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by jojochik: 10:15am On Nov 30, 2015
lapazi:
The first test is the Situational Judgement Test, or SJT. SJTs provide a good measurement of your thought processes in work related situations. You are presented with 18 different situations that could occur in the workplace and a number of different solutions that could be used to solve this problem. There are four different options for you to choose from and you have to rate each of the options on a five grade scale with 1 being “counterproductive” and 5 being “highly effective”. As well as rating each of the statements, you have to single out two of them, one being the option that you are most likely to do and the other being the option that you are least likely to do.

Shell Numerical Test
Using ratios, percentages and other mathematical functions you need to calculate the correct answers and select the correct answer from five different options. There are 16 questions which are grouped together in sets of four questions for each set of numerical data. You have a window of 18 minutes to answer all the questions in this test.

hi, pls i need help, am trying to write the 2nd test and its not going past the 1st question, i don't know if am picking the answers wrongly, Pls help
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nlevel(m): 10:24am On Nov 30, 2015
Jarus:

You have said it all.

1, My friend used his PhD project
2, Another friend used his Bsc project experience
3, Another friend used his experience as President of SIFE, a students group in his undergrad days
4, Another used his experience as Chairman of Fund Raising committee of his religious association on campus and during NYSC.

All of them were successful.

That's why I always advise students to engage in extra curricular activities

This is very educative sir! I am really learning a whole lot as a fresh graduate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 1:18pm On Nov 30, 2015
cc150615:

The bolded got me rotfl.....
Btw ah been watching u for a while nd I'm officially ur fan now....So are u male or female?....my brain registers u as female tho
cheesy thanks... know you as well *from the chat room*
And am a guy grin
ksstroud:
^^^^^^
Geobukky as you don get secret admirer, na God win..
On top shell... Chai.. Geobukky better say you're a man oooo...
BTW, I expected you to be in either Coventry or..... By now, Wetin you still dey do in this "junkerter in chief" land
Baba na so I see am o, to get funding ain't easy, infact I think it's easier to get a job*like a very good job* than a scholarship *the war no be here at all*... the hustle continues tho....
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by sparklebaby: 4:52pm On Nov 30, 2015
I feel the dynamics of phone interview s differ. Although I want to believe shell recruiters are well trained, I understand that it is easier for your interviewer to feel you and connect with you more, if you guys were conversing eye ball to eye ball. It is even often said that 90% of communication is nonverbal. That is, if I stand in your front, and we are having a conversation, 90% of what you understand from me is not as a result of the words from my mouth, but rather, body movement, gestures, etc. They all matter.

If given the opportunity to choose, me, I'd choose face to face interview. Even if it means having to travel.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Emanehi(f): 4:56pm On Nov 30, 2015
sparklebaby:
I feel the dynamics of phone interview s differ. Although I want to believe shell recruiters are well trained, I understand that it is easier for your interviewer to feel you and connect with you more, if you guys were conversing eye ball to eye ball. It is even often said that 90% of communication is nonverbal. That is, if I stand in your front, and we are having a conversation, 90% of what you understand from me is not as a result of the words from my mouth, but rather, body movement, gestures, etc. They all matter.

If given the opportunity to choose, me, I'd choose face to face interview. Even if it means having to travel.

You're very correct. When I had my phone interview in 2013, I didnt connect with the interviewer at all. And I can't say if their interviewers are well trained but whoever interviewed me was definitely not trained. The interview was just horrible.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Adortem: 5:42pm On Nov 30, 2015
Emanehi:

You're very correct. When I had my phone interview in 2013, I didnt connect with the interviewer at all. And I can't say if their interviewers are well trained but whoever interviewed me was definitely not trained. The interview was just horrible.
Why would you say an interviewer is definately not trained,and why did you describe your interview as horrible?
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Cutehector(m): 6:22pm On Nov 30, 2015
sparklebaby:

havn to travel? Like seriously...
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Emanehi(f): 6:38pm On Nov 30, 2015
Adortem:

Why would you say an interviewer is definately not trained,and why did you describe your interview as horrible?

Well....I have attended other interviews since then and I know what a good interview should be. The interviewer is trained being that he knows what he is looking for. Shell interviewers definitely know what they want and know the right candidates whether thru phone or face to face. But the aspect in which he is not trained is in conversing with a candidate. And many interviewers are not trained in this respect. An interview should be a conversation where the interviewee learns more about the role and the company and likewise the interviewer learns more abt y d candidate is right for d job. My best interview so far has been my KPMG partner interview with Toyin Gbagi .and why do I say so? Because it was a conversation. I didnt feel the pressure or anxiety that comes with interviews. It was so relaxed and it felt like we were gisting but that doesnt mean I wasnt been assessed. I learnt abt d role, d company, d challenges she faced on her journey to partnership and at d same time, i tried 2 convince her y I was d right candidate. My shell interview was so different from that. I was shakin d whole time, felt d pressure and nervousness and the interview questions were so difficult. The man would ask like 6 follow up questions from one scenario. It was crazy. How would I have performed well under such conditions? Well...nevertheless, there are a good number of people who scaled through. So evryone shd prepare really well. Prepare for follow up questions and pls dont try 2 make anything up. U will be caught. And just be confident. And above all, pray.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 30, 2015
angry
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Aatom: 7:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
Emanehi:

Well....I have attended other interviews since then and I know what a good interview should be. The interviewer is trained being that he knows what he is looking for. Shell interviewers definitely know what they want and know the right candidates whether thru phone or face to face. But the aspect in which he is not trained is in conversing with a candidate. And many interviewers are not trained in this respect. An interview should be a conversation where the interviewee learns more about the role and the company and likewise the interviewer learns more abt y d candidate is right for d job. My best interview so far has been my KPMG partner interview with Toyin Gbagi .and why do I say so? Because it was a conversation. I didnt feel the pressure or anxiety that comes with interviews. It was so relaxed and it felt like we were gisting but that doesnt mean I wasnt been assessed. I learnt abt d role, d company, d challenges she faced on her journey to partnership and at d same time, i tried 2 convince her y I was d right candidate. My shell interview was so different from that. I was shakin d whole time, felt d pressure and nervousness and the interview questions were so difficult. The man would ask like 6 follow up questions from one scenario. It was crazy. How would I have performed well under such conditions? Well...nevertheless, there are a good number of people who scaled through. So evryone shd prepare really well. Prepare for follow up questions and pls dont try 2 make anything up. U will be caught. And just be confident. And above all, pray.

Partner interview is always going to be different from a 'regular' face to face interview talk less of a phone interview. The purpose is to see if your personality match what the company wants. Therefore, it is going to be you gisting with the partner to help you relax to show your real self. And also, remember the partner is a senior staff (maybe for that particular role) so they know the role well and can talk about it.

I believe shell phone interview is with HR officer who is strictly looking for if/how you exhibited CAR and if you have it which leads to the many follow up questions. Making the two experience totally different.

My advice: During phone interview assume it is face to face and act like it is. Gesture like you would during a face to face conversation and remain calm.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Emanehi(f): 7:52pm On Nov 30, 2015
Aatom:

Partner interview is always going to be different from a 'regular' face to face interview talk less of a phone interview. The purpose is to see if your personality match what the company wants. Therefore, it is going to be you gisting with the partner to help you relax to show your real self. And also, remember the partner is a senior staff (maybe for that particular role) so they know the role well and can talk about it.

I believe shell phone interview is with HR officer who is strictly looking for if/how you exhibited CAR and if you have it which leads to the many follow up questions. Making the two experience totally different.

My advice: During phone interview assume it is face to face and act like it is. Gesture like you would during a face to face conversation and remain calm.

I believe you are right. However, not all the interviewers are HR staff. Mine was a guy who had stayed with d company for 24 years. I can't remember his position sha.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Aatom: 8:00pm On Nov 30, 2015
Emanehi:

I believe you are right. However, not all the interviewers are HR staff. Mine was a guy who had stayed with d company for 24 years. I can't remember his position sha.

I just assumed the interviewer is HR personnel. Now I know better.

2 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Emanehi(f): 8:36pm On Nov 30, 2015
Na wa ooo. This thread is almost 50 pages and no one has been notified of an interview. I wonder how many pages it would be when people get offer letters. Wetin we dey talk sef?
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Newman365: 9:40pm On Nov 30, 2015
Well, let's believe for the best outcome. As for me, I've prevailed by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by sparklebaby: 9:42pm On Nov 30, 2015
I thought shell will start rolling out the mails today. But as we can see, our suspense flight is still cruzing

1 Like

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Philadelphia: 9:50pm On Nov 30, 2015
#Page 48
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by elShakes(m): 10:33pm On Nov 30, 2015
LOL. Some People are still writing tests? and some are expecting interview call ups?
Wonderful.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by sparklebaby: 10:56pm On Nov 30, 2015
elShakes:
LOL. Some People are still writing tests? and some are expecting interview call ups?
Wonderful.

Lol
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by vickgrad: 11:55pm On Nov 30, 2015

4 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by sparklebaby: 12:43am On Dec 01, 2015
vickgrad:
My hypothesis:

Since submission of new application ends on 20th and it takes 7 days to complete the first assessment, while another 7 days to complete the other. I believe, a window of 14 days after fresh application deadline should be given to enable allapplicant complete their online assessments. I will predict mails should roll in 5th of December. So why Dnt we discus more important factors DAT can augment our chances of having a success mail after d phone interview.

The better the earlier brethren

Just saying. . . .

Nice hypothesis.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by ProudOlodo: 7:18am On Dec 01, 2015
vickgrad:
My hypothesis:

Since submission of new application ends on 20th and it takes 7 days to complete the first assessment, while another 7 days to complete the other. I believe, a window of 14 days after fresh application deadline should be given to enable allapplicant complete their online assessments. I will predict mails should roll in 5th of December. So why Dnt we discus more important factors DAT can augment our chances of having a success mail after d phone interview.

The better the earlier brethren

Just saying. . . .

There's a strong chance you're right. Going by last year's timeline, the interview notices started popping up about that long after the closing date.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by ayowhizi: 8:28am On Dec 01, 2015
Guys. Is it possible for me to upload my academic transcript even when my application is under review?
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by scarplanet(m): 9:37am On Dec 01, 2015
ayowhizi:
Guys. Is it possible for me to upload my academic transcript even when my application is under review?

Is it possible to actually give it a try before asking questions?

7 Likes

Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Newman365: 10:35am On Dec 01, 2015
An anxious mind breeds conjectures. Guys chillax.
Re: Apply For 2015/2016 Shell Petroleum Graduate Programme by Omaobe: 10:43am On Dec 01, 2015
FACTS:

1. This thread is too negligible to generalise the happenings here to the entire 2015 SRD in Nigeria. Millions of people applied and do not know nairaland exist not to talk of this thread.

2. Many people have already been scheduled for interview since the close of application but you will not know. In fact, there are some that only observe all the comments here without making a single comment but have already been scheduled for interviews. Also, some people will stop making comments after being scheduled for interviews to keep everything to their chests.

I got to know these last when I announced my interview schedule on last year's thread after 4 days of the close of application. I was bombarded with a lot of pms from known and unkwown people from the last year thread. They all wanted me to guide them after their interview schedules.

Please, don't do the same here. Try and cooperate.

3. You only get the feel of the real application process after the interview schedule.

4. Everything about being scheduled for the interview is all about luck. Pray for your luck.

5. All the best.

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (74) (Reply)

State Security Service (S.S.S) Is Recruiting. / Nigerian Ports Authority Massive Recruitment 2014. / NDLEA Recruitment 2023 Official Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.