Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

NCC Should Put Etisalat Under Monitor, Prepare To Fine Them Too. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Should Put Etisalat Under Monitor, Prepare To Fine Them Too. (1140 Views)

NCC To Fine Network Providers N5m For Unsolicited Text Messages / NCC Should Fine Airtel For Increament In Call Tariff (smart-talk) / NCC Should Get Ready To Slam MTN Nigeria Another Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Should Put Etisalat Under Monitor, Prepare To Fine Them Too. by Nobody: 10:58am On Nov 05, 2015
Etisalat Nigeria is one of the Networks with the Best service to Nigerians in terms of Data calls and SMS. They are also in the lead in terms of quality customer service, but...

1. The Charges by Etisalat for calls need to be reviewed by NCC. Their charges are outrageous. They should not use the bonus that they give to customers to defraud the customers. 24 Naira per Minute is very outrageous.

2. They are using illegal lottery to defraud their customers. NCC should work hand in hand with lottery commission to insure compliance by network operator that want to engage in lottery services.
I was charged for lottery game I never played or subscribed to by Etisalat via the short code 55505. I complained and was refunded. I requested for the deactivation of the service which the confirmed to have done only to be charged again the next morning. On complaining for the second time, I was told refund can only be done once for a service and that it is the end user that can opt out of the service. Such a joke.
NCC should move to sope this lottery using 55505. It is a scam and fraudulent.

Re: NCC Should Put Etisalat Under Monitor, Prepare To Fine Them Too. by Nobody: 11:13am On Nov 05, 2015
So much bad market from these Network operators.
Re: NCC Should Put Etisalat Under Monitor, Prepare To Fine Them Too. by woblow1(m): 1:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
Contact NCC with 622 its toll free
Re: NCC Should Put Etisalat Under Monitor, Prepare To Fine Them Too. by Nobody: 1:22pm On Nov 05, 2015
woblow1:
Contact NCC with 622 its toll free

I saw you earlier. You must be an advocate of correct paper works.

I shall contact NCC though.
Re: NCC Should Put Etisalat Under Monitor, Prepare To Fine Them Too. by possibilita(m): 2:00pm On Nov 05, 2015
In other news Etisalat data now drains faster.
Re: NCC Should Put Etisalat Under Monitor, Prepare To Fine Them Too. by lawisong(m): 3:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
Useless Etisalat. I bought an Etisalat sim for my wife and so far I've registered it 3 times yet it's still saying my line cannot be used because its not registered. The last time i even registered in their office, still the same thing. Rubbish.
Re: NCC Should Put Etisalat Under Monitor, Prepare To Fine Them Too. by Activityj(m): 4:50pm On Nov 05, 2015
Network providers and their flaws!!!
Re: NCC Should Put Etisalat Under Monitor, Prepare To Fine Them Too. by lacicrips(m): 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2015
Cc: Lalasticlala

I thought it was me. I keep recharging and the account keeps getting drained. This is illegal.

I had to find out from their customer service that a certain 55505 number was the culprit behind the deductions. However she failed to tell Etisalat is behind the number, I had to find out from the OP (Original Post). I asked for a refund, problem is I don't know how much has been deducted so far. This new attitude is not good.

(1) (Reply)

Infinix ZERO 3 Core Specs Revealed / Most Useless Apps In The World Ever Made / NCC Moves To Crash Price Of Internet Data Subscription In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.