Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,964 members, 7,806,791 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans (22240 Views)

The 10 Most Dangerous Waters In The World / 10 Amazing Things We’ve Learned About The Solar System In 2016 / Gulf Of Alaska: Two Oceans Meet But Do Not Mix"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
hahahaha. grin grin grin. this is funny to me. embarassed i have no idea why though.

Seriously if our magnetic field goes then are going bye-bye princess. . . Its no joke grin grin

anyway, you're probably right as well. the problem now is, if humans are going to live on mars, they will have to plan their lives around it. it solar winds must be constantly monitored so that they can be indoors when it strikes. or . . . fried chicken, sir. lipsrsealed

That's an unmistakable variable..

meanwhile, ganymede is becoming somehow interesting to me . . .

Largest moon in the system and the only of such to have it's on magnetic field.. Damn she is pretty attractive..

Wouldn't blame you..grin
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Blakjewelry(m): 6:51pm On Nov 10, 2015
hahn:

When I am eventually rich, I will love to create a science institute here in Nigeria. Maybe we can work on it together when it's time grin
I have similar dream but I think I will be starting small, I already have a name and a project under it. I thought I might be launching the e-version this year but there is no free cash to throw around for now. Though I plan to raise cash also via donations for the physical project, I thought e-version can create environment were science heads can come together to interact and form alliance for a new project. I mean people from different field can contribute to achieve a goal

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Blakjewelry(m): 6:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
johnydon22:
GANYMEDE

Everyone should give this crown jewel of the moons a standing ovation. . . This moon is the largest moon in our solar system and it's not a surprise it belongs to the largest planet in our system, Jupiter.

Ganymede is one of the Galilean moons, the only moon to possess it's own independent magnetic field.

Ganymede anyway has a trapped under ground salty ocean beneath is surface, it is truly a remarkable moon..

This baby should be a planet not a moon, jupiter nawa for you oo angry na only you waka come? undecided

contunu !!! undecided
What do you think will be possible outcome if we drive this babe into Mars. I mean if we have the tech
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Gluthatione: 8:32pm On Nov 10, 2015
I think our mods are sleeping on this post should be in front page by now.
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by donnffd(m): 6:44am On Nov 11, 2015
johnydon22:

I doubt the solar wind hypothesis. . . We are much closer to the Sun than Mars and so i think Solar winds should have much effect on the earth than Mars...

So If solar wind had such effects on Mars, Why is earth still hoarding an enormous amount of liquid water..

(tho waters on Mars must have been far more older than what we have on earth..)

Alongside Mars having an ancient ocean before, it is also thought mars had a much thick atmosphere like earth..

What ever murdered those Thick atmosphere took the water with it.

My best guess is a Planetary Collision, Mars might have been a bit bigger than it is now, a collision with another planetary body e.g Asteroid Can really dismantle Mars' rich atmosphere remember Asteroids react like nuclear bomb on impact.

So i think It was a collision which evaporated the Waters in the process, peeled off most of Mars' atmosphere until we are left with what we have now..

Debris from that collision must have contributed to the debris in the asteroid belt..

Take a look at the picture of Mars i put up there, You noticed the huge scar on the planets surface?..

Might be remnants from the impact.. ...

Mars did have a very thick atmosphere before,but it was slowly lost due to solar winds which eroded the atmosphere, we are very lucky on earth because we have a strong magnetic field that deflects this solar wind and radiation before it reaches the surface. Mars has a frozen core which makes it defenseless to these solar winds,that's y humans won't be able to live on Mars surfaces except it's underground or in strong bunkers orelse we would have cancer...even astronauts and pilots ar at the risk of these...
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by donnffd(m): 6:50am On Nov 11, 2015
johnydon22:

Very true about the Magnetic field that is why i proposed a collision which is the only that should be powerful enough to severe Martian magnetic field that much..

Our collision with the body that formed our moon should not be as big as that Mars could have witnessed.

The body must have been nearly half the size of Mars to powerful enough to diminish the planets size, severe it's magnetic field and slice it's atmosphere leaving the water and possibly life forms on it at the mercy of Solar Wind like you rightly postulated.

The scar on Mars points towards a humongous collision..

I think understanding what really happened to the Red planet would give us incentive on how to prevent Earth from suffering such fate anytime soon..

The reason Mars doesn't have a magnetosphere is because of its frozen core, earth's core is molten liquid
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 7:37am On Nov 11, 2015
donnffd:

Mars did have a very thick atmosphere before,but it was slowly lost due to solar winds which eroded the atmosphere, we are very lucky on earth because we have a strong magnetic field that deflects this solar wind and radiation before it reaches the surface. Mars has a frozen core which makes it defenseless to these solar winds,that's y humans won't be able to live on Mars surfaces except it's underground or in strong bunkers orelse we would have cancer...even astronauts and pilots ar at the risk of these...
astronauts in the ISS are much more safer because they are still within the earth's Magnetic field..

The ones that might go to Mars would be much more vulnerable to that, that why they would need Habitats built for the purpose of withstanding and protecting them from it.

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by hahn(m): 7:54am On Nov 11, 2015
Blakjewelry:

I have similar dream but I think I will be starting small, I already have a name and a project under it. I thought I might be launching the e-version this year but there is no free cash to throw around for now. Though I plan to raise cash also via donations for the physical project, I thought e-version can create environment were science heads can come together to interact and form alliance for a new project. I mean people from different field can contribute to achieve a goal

Nice. I'm in it for the profit though grin plus it will be cool to have youths engaged in something other than entertainment. You can try indiegogo dot com. It's a crowd funding platform and such ideas will sell there. Endeavour to check it out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 7:55am On Nov 11, 2015
MIMAS

Getting on with our list we are still orbiting Saturn porting to another of Saturn's moons Mimas.

This wonder has a very famous impact crater scar so large that it peeks into every picture it takes.

The actuality here is not confirmed whether Mimas for sure has an ocean (sub-surface) or not but if it does would surely lie few kilometers beneath it as it's surface characteristics suggests.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 8:12am On Nov 11, 2015
this is going well . . . cheesy
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Blakjewelry(m): 8:26am On Nov 11, 2015
hahn:

Nice. I'm in it for the profit though grin plus it will be cool to have youths engaged in something other than entertainment. You can try indiegogo dot com. It's a crowd funding platform and such ideas will sell there. Endeavour to check it out
OK I will try and check on my spare time, but it's passion that drives me and not cash. I don't want to pass through this world without making contribution to it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by hahn(m): 8:41am On Nov 11, 2015
Blakjewelry:

OK I will try and check on my spare time, but it's passion that drives me and the cash. I don't want to pass through this world without making contribution to it

Nice
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 5:28pm On Nov 11, 2015
TRITON

We are not done yet ...Ok my fellow spongebob fans would be familiar with this name..
We head to Neptune, one of Neptune's moon Triton. . . This is one of the most active body we know of in our planetary neighbourhood.

An icy surface with active geysers shooting Nitrogen gas into the air, Volcanic features are also present.

Whether Triton has a liquid sub-surface ocean is an unsure speculation but it's more likely that it does and that would put it on the chat for biological possibility...

triton and its host planet neptune (The grey little ball)

triton herself

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2015
PLUTO

Ok pluto is one of our newest babies in terms of surprises right now in our solar system..

Just few months back New Horizon Space probe reached Pluto and has given us wonderful information about this Dwarf golden glory.

Now we have a better picture, a more detailed land scape than we used to ...

From the information reaching us Pluto has icy mountains and water on it which gives us more slaps to the face on the wonderful discoveries and wealth of information this baby holds for us..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Feraz(m): 9:02pm On Nov 15, 2015
donnffd:

The reason Mars doesn't have a magnetosphere is because of its frozen core, earth's core is molten liquid
Don't you think terraforming Mars will 'unfreeze' its core?

So I did a little search and saw the above here and here
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2015
[b]ASTEROIDS AND COMETS

Asteroid is a small planet-like body or can be referred to as a miniature planet if you so wish that orbit a star too..

Comets are are little spec of ice and dust that charges up when it comes into close range with the sun and emits a radiative emissions in reaction to action of solar radiation and wind on it's nucleus..

Now these two are the last on my list, it has been speculated that water has not always been on planet EARTH as we know it today..

No it used to be a dry hot planet after formation, earth's water scientist speculate came from asteroids and small part of it from comets.

So these two enter the last of my list because they have shown to be water cooperation of the system grin..

Water is not a rare thing in this universe, water molecules have been found even in distant nebulae away affirming that water is a very common factor in this universe..

There are ocean-like water in comets that speed through us sometimes, notable is the Hartley 2 (Picture below) that has shown to have a whole lot of water like oceans..
So here concludes my list of our neighbouring oceans and water buddies in our planetary system.

(1)Comet
(2)Asteroid
Lalasticlala..
[/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by menesheh(m): 9:33pm On Nov 19, 2015
johnydon22:
[b]ASTEROIDS AND COMETS

Asteroid is a small planet-like body or can be referred to as a miniature planet if you so wish that orbit a star too..

Comets are are little spec of ice and dust that charges up when it comes into close range with the sun and emits a radiative emissions in reaction to action of solar radiation and wind on it's nucleus..

Now these two are the last on my list, it has been speculated that water has not always been on planet EARTH as we know it today..

No it used to be a dry hot planet after formation, earth's water scientist speculate came from asteroids and small part of it from comets.

So these two enter the last of my list because they have shown to be water cooperation of the system grin..

Water is not a rare thing in this universe, water molecules have been found even in distant nebulae away affirming that water is a very common factor in this universe..

There are ocean-like water in comets that speed through us sometimes, notable is the Hartley 2 (Picture below) that has shown to have a whole lot of water like oceans..
So here concludes my list of our neighbouring oceans and water buddies in our planetary system.

(1)Comet
(2)Asteroid
Lalasticlala..
[/b]

One of the picture resembles a demigod
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 10:59pm On Nov 19, 2015
menesheh:

One of the picture resembles a demigod

Which of them and which demiGod? grin
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nmeri17: 12:19am On Nov 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Take a look at the picture of Mars i put up there, You noticed the huge scar on the planets surface?..

Might be remnants from the impact.. ...
any idea about what the red threadlike stuff around Europa depicts??
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 9:41am On Nov 22, 2015
Nmeri17:
any idea about what the red threadlike stuff around Europa depicts??
Cracks on it's soft icy surface, what causes the colour is what i don't really know probably reaction if minerals in the surface with the ice.

But Europa is one of the leading planetary bodies that promises High chance to harbour life probably in microbile form...
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 9:50am On Feb 19, 2016
Gluthatione:
I think our mods are sleeping on this post should be in front page by now.
Lets call our bosses lalasticlala, Mynd44 and UjSizzle to help out with that wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Nobody: 10:41am On Feb 19, 2016
Nice thread. Hey Johnydon22, you never gave me feedback on the telescope issue.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 10:43am On Feb 19, 2016
LoJ:
Nice thread. Hey Johnydon22, you never gave me feedback on the telescope issue.
Hey bro i couldn't even find one telescope, its just too sad i must say... I don't think we can find one in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Ahmed3rdjuly: 12:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
You are seeing water and am seeing scars from asteroids in almost all the planetary bodies
May God help us
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Timileyin008: 12:24pm On Feb 19, 2016
You shud be disappointed and sorry for yourself
Krystalzkris:
wonder why i didnt take my physics and geography class serious. undecided
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by johnydon22(m): 12:26pm On Feb 19, 2016
Ahmed3rdjuly:
You are seeing water and am seeing scars from asteroids in almost all the planetary bodies
May God help us
Every planet has those scars (Craters) this was from the early history of the solar system when it was just a chaotic war front of meteor and asteroid bombardments... earth has these craters too..
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by banmee(m): 12:36pm On Feb 19, 2016
hahn:

Do you think johnnydon22 learnt all this via the Nigerian schooling system? It's apparent that he is self taught

Really? Are you sure you understand how the internet works? If you have access to the internet, specifically Google, every form of information will be at your fingertips. People are just lazy and don't want to put forth the effort to want to learn anything. I can put up a topic on Rocket science in 10 minutes on NL. It does not mean I know anything about rocket science.

2 Likes

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Krystalzkris(f): 12:44pm On Feb 19, 2016
Timileyin008:
You shud be disappointed and sorry for yourself
meaning what You should be sorry for urself too
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Timileyin008: 12:50pm On Feb 19, 2016
Meaning you should have taken your physics and geography classes serious if so there wouldnt be any reason for your tourche story...
Krystalzkris:
meaning what You should be sorry for urself too
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Krystalzkris(f): 1:19pm On Feb 19, 2016
Timileyin008:
Meaning you should have taken your physics and geography classes serious if so there wouldnt be any reason for your tourche story...
last time i checked,i didnt complain to you...
Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by Dawdy(m): 1:21pm On Feb 19, 2016
All these things are speculations, assumptions conjunctions. Recently, some people have Emerged in America. They call themselves earth-flaters. They said people have been lied to by Nasa. They said earth is flat and No body has ever been to the moon, It all hoax.
The said apolo moon landing is hoax because no one can never pass through the van allen belt to the moon, it is very deadly. You can watch them on youtube.com to confirm their convincing evidences.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Solar System And Its Waters And Oceans by vekanem(m): 1:22pm On Feb 19, 2016
Hmmm. Which is habitable in all that you have mentioned so that I fit dey pack my things small small keep. I just need my gadgets and few stuffs and am good to go. Seems the geography I was thought is far obsolete and far behind.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Brand New Sealed iPhone 13 Pro Max @ 550k / Lions Bring Cars To A Stand-still In Nairobi Kenya / AAD 2016: Proforce Ready To Begin Ara MRAP Production

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.