Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,435 members, 7,808,559 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:26 PM

Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture (6848 Views)

Alaafin Raises Alarm Over Assault On Yoruba Culture / White Students Of Yoruba Language At Wisconsin University (Photo) / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by tonychristopher: 7:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
Honesty007:

i hope u r not ignorant of deliverance because u r not a JEW.i did this post to bring the fore evils in our culture and not to condemn anyone.Also our background is satanic and we must be dellivered. Christ said ''if i with the finger of God cast out devils, then the kingdom of God is come unto u.

No wonder he told the jews who were against his deliverance, ''ye are of ur father the devil,he was a liar from the beginning.
I hope u dont want to be blinded by tradition and the word of God becomes non effect in ur life!!!

U even have no right here because u r a Gentile christian,without deliverance from the satanic aspects of our culture we cannot enter the kingdom of God.pls open ur eyes very well if u r truly proud of ur father whom u claim as d devil,i am sorry for u if u dont wanna burn forever in hell

What about states dedicated to Ogun and osun...learnt they are goddess....I know you said the fact ....they might argue that but the fact is that it is fetish to give a god blood

Your correct
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Honesty007(m): 4:57pm On Dec 09, 2015
absoluteSuccess:

I quite understand your argument, you are not a good evangelist of the faith yet.

Even Christ did not go about sermonizing about genealogy, when he was with us.

some doctrines are meant for the converts and not for aggregate public.

you did not do anymore research before you slam your biological root to the devil.

isn't that heretical?

In the table of nations offered you in Genesis, did God created some people through devil that managed to survive the flood?

If yes, then your argument does not derive from the Bible.

Please learn the art of mass communication to Evangelise the faith.

thanks.

u may seem right,but wether christians or not,this post applies to all. Gentilechristians and gentile unbelievers.That is why i want u to understand ''the things which the gentiles sacrifice ,they do to Demons and not to God-1st corinthians 10:20.This is general even before a gentile bcomes born again we have served demons through idolatry.
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Honesty007(m): 5:03pm On Dec 09, 2015
tonytony208:

Op, there is an entity called amadioha and another one called ikenga in Igbo land. Are they fallen angels or risen angels? You are a complete iidiott.
all gods n goddesses r fallen angels with Satan.
There is no how humanity can paint them good,no matter what they offer.
Thats why d bible says ''let no man deceive u in false humility and voluntary worship of angels ,those who put u into unecessary fear to intrude into evil things.
Truth is when u r serving them,u have no freewill of ur own but u r subject to fear.
Fear brings torment.Many people of the world and even christians play God like a ball and go scot free but u cannot try that if u r serving the devil.If u disobey satan / idol priests or demons,u will have instant punishment.
So people fear Devil/satan more than God today.
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Honesty007(m): 5:06pm On Dec 09, 2015
ayogabriel:

Am happy for you, keep it up, but my own take, you don't have to call another tribe been satanic, because you don't know anything about any tribe, you know what you think you know. Every infact all tribe have there folk tale, even your so called pastors respect all this traditions, you don't go about "bastadicing" a tribe, its not matured sorry to say, I know of a pastor that he is strong in the word of God, he is also a electrical technician, he was contacted to lay cable pass, a shrine, in other words he will have to break through the shrine, but turned it down, not because he was scared but he respect another person's "god" other people who didn't respect the shrine, 4 died except one. Now the moral lesson, you can have all the faith you want in this life, trust God to take you through the day, but when you crossing the road, am sure you look left, right, and left before crossing, in this world it's about been smart, cautions, respectful, and now 'rattling' about what you think you know. Have a nice day.

the pastor wont go to the shrine because he cannot go ''TO SATANS TERRITORY! Dont u know whosoever breaketh the hedge,the serpent shall bite? Nevertheless if God send him,he may Go
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by tpiar: 5:10pm On Dec 09, 2015
tonychristopher:

What about states dedicated to Ogun and osun...learnt they are goddess...

why did nobody correct this statement?

the states are named after rivers.

your post is like saying Imo is named after a goddess. Or Cross River is named after mammy water since it has "river".
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by tonychristopher: 5:36pm On Dec 09, 2015
tpiar:

why did nobody correct this statement?

the states are named after rivers.

your post is like saying Imo is named after a goddess. Or Cross River is named after mammy water since it has "river".

But Ogun is God of thunder
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by tpiar: 5:41pm On Dec 09, 2015
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by absoluteSuccess: 11:20pm On Dec 09, 2015
Honesty007:

u may seem right,but wether christians or not,this post applies to all. Gentilechristians and gentile unbelievers.That is why i want u to understand ''the things which the gentiles sacrifice ,they do to Demons and not to God-1st corinthians 10:20.This is general even before a gentile bcomes born again we have served demons through idolatry.

really,

what must I do to be safe?
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Honesty007(m): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2015
absoluteSuccess:

really,

what must I do to be safe?

u must be assured of ur salvation
believe
Repent accept Jesus christ as lord and saviour.-Matthew 1:21
call on Jesus christ to wash u from ur sins(mention them) reject those sins and renounce them.call on Jesus christ to come into your heart-rev 3:20.
Confess with ur mouth,believe with ur heart and testify ''that he is nw ur lord and saviour.after this hv personal fellowship with God-get a bible, pray and always worship God in the morning.Ask things from God through the name of Jesus christ.
Then ask God ''what have i to do in your house? Or as business.once you know this,later pray which church should u go to?
God speaks in dreams and visions to people.he would show u.
Then u begin to feed on Gods word 1 corinthians 3.
Personal fellowship makes u to always pray to God on ur daily d)cisions,guidiance and for insturction.
Pray against satan and demons.note always confess ur sins 1John 1:5-7 before u ask requests and bind satan.
After this,next is water baptism.Then deliverance.why?
You cannot live a holy life without deliverance.Luke 1:68-75.it is the reason why many christians r struggling with sin,satan,tthe world, the flesh,rising n falling always.
After deliverance,u need baptism of holyghost n fire-speaking in tongues. Then u now have and develop gifts of the spirits in u(since u might hv prayed before to know what to do in the house of God)you dont get picked by man,but your election is of God ''This means all ur work wont be BURNED BY FIRE.IT WOULD HAVE RECORD IN HEAVEN.UNLIKE OTHERS WHO THINK THEY R SERVING GOD BY VOLUNTEERING OR JUST DOING THINGS FOR GOD WHEN THEY R NOT CALLED.THEY R ON THEIR OWN.THEIR WORK HAS NO RECORD BEFORE GOD.IT WOULD BE BURNT.ITS A PITY
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by absoluteSuccess: 2:04pm On Dec 11, 2015
Honesty007:

u must be assured of ur salvation
believe
Repent accept Jesus christ as lord and saviour.-Matthew 1:21
call on Jesus christ to wash u from ur sins(mention them) reject those sins and renounce them.call on Jesus christ to come into your heart-rev 3:20.
Confess with ur mouth,believe with ur heart and testify ''that he is nw ur lord and saviour.after this hv personal fellowship with God-get a bible, pray and always worship God in the morning.Ask things from God through the name of Jesus christ.
Then ask God ''what have i to do in your house? Or as business.once you know this,later pray which church should u go to?
God speaks in dreams and visions to people.he would show u.
Then u begin to feed on Gods word 1 corinthians 3.
Personal fellowship makes u to always pray to God on ur daily d)cisions,guidiance and for insturction.
Pray against satan and demons.note always confess ur sins 1John 1:5-7 before u ask requests and bind satan.
After this,next is water baptism.Then deliverance.why?
You cannot live a holy life without deliverance.Luke 1:68-75.it is the reason why many christians r struggling with sin,satan,tthe world, the flesh,rising n falling always.
After deliverance,u need baptism of holyghost n fire-speaking in tongues. Then u now have and develop gifts of the spirits in u(since u might hv prayed before to know what to do in the house of God)you dont get picked by man,but your election is of God ''This means all ur work wont be BURNED BY FIRE.IT WOULD HAVE RECORD IN HEAVEN.UNLIKE OTHERS WHO THINK THEY R SERVING GOD BY VOLUNTEERING OR JUST DOING THINGS FOR GOD WHEN THEY R NOT CALLED.THEY R ON THEIR OWN.THEIR WORK HAS NO RECORD BEFORE GOD.IT WOULD BE BURNT.ITS A PITY

This is amazing grace.

There should be a solemn theme song to my salvation.

Heavens,

reserve me a mansion.

On a street a crown given.

A new landlord in heavenly,

And a chieftain with the king,

A place than sunlight, so pure.

My last home, Oh eternal home.
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Mwindo64: 4:18am On May 24, 2019
God, Jesus, the Devil, Allah are not real. The originator of this post is stupid. christianity came to you from the europeans and islam from the arabs. The chinese are atheist and taking over Africa. Where's Jesus or Allah at? NOWHERE. Your Ancestor's Gods forsaken you because you wanted to follow the white man. and yes its a white man's religion.You dont follow the ethiopian church you follow the white man's version

1 Like

Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Honesty007(m): 2:50pm On Jul 24, 2019
absoluteSuccess:
I am from the house of Oduduwa.

A true descendant of your 'satan', your devil.

Even Christ was slammed as 'prince of belzebub'.

Whose son are you if you have a pedegree?

Blessed art thou, when men shall say evil about you...

Matt 5:11.
Christ took on our sinful nature,so we can become the righteousness of God.it was an accusation through the mouth of the pharisees and saducess by satan to blaspheme his sonship
Re: Satanic Aspects Of Yoruba Culture by Olu317(m): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2019
Honesty007:

stop deceiving urself, u better go for deliverance if u have not been.one thing is too painful, what is ur name, if an idolgod is among ur name,do u even for one second think that GOD would write idol names IN THE BOOK OF LIFE?

Your ignorance is more than bewilderment. People like you need not even be on culture section for castigation of a whole ethnic group that's over 100million + in population.

The stereotype ignorance of your kind of Christians that lacked 100% the understanding of the spoken language of the Hebrews nor their Lord but base your knowledge on English language that's not accurate in translation of Hebrew Bible . Even the word , Christ is a derivative from the Greek Christos grin. Paradventure you don't know the word Christ comes from Χριστός (Christos), meaning "anointed one". My question is, are you anointed for condemning Yorubas or their ancestors ? Even David didn't existed as the correct name of king of the unified country of Hebrews.

Futhernmore , Jesus is actually Yeshua grin which showed you don't even know the God of the Hebrew you claimed to serve . If indeed you want to boast about Christianity of later Hebrew, then go study the reason they do shebo(do sacrifice) and Yeshua didn't say they will stop it willingly.

Do you actually think you deserve posting all these unfounded information? You think you know the religion of Hebrew ancestors that's uses sacrifice to appease God on every sin committed. I just wonder how someone like you who isn't versatile in Yoruba language and Hebrew, won't appreciate Yoruba tradition. Doubt you are even Yoruba in the first place to be able to infer on Christianity. Yet the Mother land of Christianity in Africa is in YORUBA LAND.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Igbos: List Your Favourite Igbo 'otimkpu' Hailings : And Meaning If Possible / Why Can't Edo/benin/urhobo/ishan/isoko Become One Tribe? / Chinese-dragon Boat Festival Versus Nigerian-boat Regatta.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.