Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,379 members, 7,808,347 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook (27103 Views)

Youths Catch Man Having Sex With Married Woman In The Bush In Owerri / Woman In Adamawa Sees Husband's Romantic Chat With Another Lady On Facebook / Man Trying To Sleep With A Married Woman In Bayelsa Caught Pants Down (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 05, 2015
Armed robbers/ boko haram will visit naija man house, he takes off leaving his wife and children behind grin

Tomorrow if the woman survives she will start looking for her husband .
Pls darling come back home. We miss u.

Twah grin

4 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Kimoni: 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
crackhaus:

Lmao... Coincidentally, we both submitted at exactly the same time, 8:48pm. cheesy

It's no longer a question of who stole the other's point, but that of who thought of it first...and seeing as my post is a little longer than yours, I probably started typing before you did. gringrin

Thief! angry

grin grin grin grin plagiarism You'll hear from my lawyers grin

But seriously, women need to be more assertive, live the talk and whine less...

A lady who came to rant on twitter was trending some weeks back. A guy hit her ride and they both got down from their cars to assess the damage and during their talk, the guy told her he couldn't discuss with her but he would rather speak with her husband since women know nothing about cars. She said she was dumbfounded and just stool still, unable to utter a word till they both drove away and the next thing she did was to come and rant online shocked shocked see me see gobe o

Instead of her to put her foot down with the guy, check the damage, display her knowledge of her ride or call her mechanic on the spot for help...or just do something, instead, she stood there like a zombie unable to utter a word thereby proving the silly guy right that women know nothing about cars. Na online she come dey rant dey look for e-supporters when she had the golden opportunity to make an impression and leave an unforgettable mark on the minds of everyone standing there. It's high time our lives reflect what we preach.

Infact, it was this lady I remembered when I typed what I wrote initially cuz this was about the same thing her e-supporters were saying on twitter.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 05, 2015
cococandy:
The funny thing is if I typed this, flies will perch on me and start attacking like I'm lying
I guess I told the dude in question to say this. Or we planned it. angry

Let those that pretend like they don't know it's true continue.
But I know it won't stop others from saying the truth as they see it.

You carry butter rub for body, how flies no go perch on you grin

Mé na calaman lotion i rub for body o. Flies no dey reach my side again grin

1 Like

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by edwife(f): 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
Chillisauce:

grin grin
You see them blaming juju for wandering blokoses shocked

As innnnnn...
She used juju on him.
Blokoses that has destined to wander will wander .

I thought women had the right to choose how they want to live their lives,no?

If she wants to beat up the mistress or kill both(husband and mistress) isn't it her right again?Abi the right is only when it's about fighting the man or spending time wailing over and over. undecided

So she can stay in a shitty marriage waiting for the man to die so she can fvck any nincompoop but she can not beat anyone she deems fit to? grin

If she is fighting for right,then she should fight for everything that is hers!

1 Like

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by cococandy(f): 9:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
Chillisauce:

You carry butter rub for body, how flies no go perch on you grin

Mé na calaman lotion i rub for body o. Flies no dey reach my side again grin
Calamine lotion.

I remember that stuff grin
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2015
edwife:

I thought women had the right to choose how they want to live their lives,no?

If she wants to beat up the mistress or kill both(husband and mistress) isn't it her right again?Abi the right is only when it's about fighting the man or spending time wailing over and over. undecided

So she can stay in a shitty marriage waiting for the man to die so she can fvck any nincompoop but she can not beat anyone she deems fit to? grin

If she is fighting for right,then she should fight for everything that is hers!

You don't have the right to beat up or kill any one whether married or not.

Let the law handle it.
You choose to stay in sh1t marriage. I see no problem in that but you don't have any right to kill the man nor his mistress.

2 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by cococandy(f): 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2015
Burntpalace:

And yet, here you were on one of the posted examples...

No be nairaland?
Dem dey shift position as the spirit leads.

All the people on this thread that are acting confused like they don't know such things as stated by the OP happen in real life, will be the first on another thread to tell a woman how she should make sure she limits herself to accommodate what the man wants in a wife.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by edwife(f): 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
Chillisauce:

You don't have the right to beat up or kill any one whether married or not.

Let the law handle it.
You choose to stay in sh1t marriage. I see no problem in that but you don't have any right to kill the man nor his mistress.

Thank you for this answer....i will remember this.

Anyone can choose to kill if they want to,it is just against the law and not their will.Beside i said the right to choose.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by crackhaus: 9:49pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mindfulness:

Why should they be humble?
What a question...

2 Likes

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 9:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
edwife:

Thank you for this answer....i will remember this.

Anyone can choose to kill if they want to,it is just against the law and not their will.

Hian. Wetin you dey remember here grin
I thought we were talking about how Nigerian women are suffering and how blokoses are wandering .

This one you dey talk about killing.
Wrong no grin
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by edwife(f): 9:53pm On Nov 05, 2015
Chillisauce:

Hian. Wetin you dey remember here grin
I thought we were talking about how Nigerian women are suffering and how blokoses are wandering .

This one you dey talk about killing.
Wrong no grin

Hehehe na you know gringringrin

I have no business with wandering blokos,not even as a young single lady. cool

How far?
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
edwife:

Hehehe na you know gringringrin

I have no business with wandering blokos,not even as a young single lady. cool

How far?

Amen sis. cheesy
I'm fine dear.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2015
thorpido:
The best of people are never proud people.

I rather be the worst of people then.

Humble:

1. showing you do not think that you are as important as other people

Proud:

1. feeling pleased and satisfied about something that you own or have done, or are connected with

http://www.oxfordlearnersdictionaries.com/definition/english/proud_1?q=proud

Anyone who chooses to be humble and not proud has a serious problem. No pity!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by crackhaus: 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin grin plagiarism You'll hear from my lawyers grin

But seriously, women need to be more assertive, live the talk and whine less...

A lady who came to rant on twitter was trending some weeks back. A guy hit her ride and they both got down from their cars to assess the damage and during their talk, the guy told her he couldn't discuss with her but he would rather speak with her husband since women know nothing about cars. She said she was dumbfounded and just stool still, unable to utter a word till they both drove away and the next thing she did was to come and rant online shocked shocked see me see gobe o

Instead of her to put her foot down with the guy, check the damage, display her knowledge of her ride or call her mechanic on the spot for help...or just do something, instead, she stood there like a zombie unable to utter a word thereby proving the silly guy right that women know nothing about cars. Na online she come dey rant dey look for e-supporters when she had the golden opportunity to make an impression and leave an unforgettable mark on the minds of everyone standing there. It's high time our lives reflect what we preach.

Infact, it was this lady I remembered when I typed what I wrote initially cuz this was about the same thing her e-supporters were saying on twitter.
You're right...less whinning, more living.

The thing is that at the end of the day, the guy was right as she probably didn't know anything about cars except refilling the fuel tank and topping up the radiator with coolant... cheesy

What the guy said was a deliberate attempt to rile her up and may not have being intended as a sexist remark.
Even if it was sexist, it is also truth that on average, most women know absolutely nothing about how their cars run - still the womens' fault as society did not stop them from learning about their darn cars... gringrin

1 Like

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
crackhaus:

[size=18pt]What you women need is a little more self-esteem and confidence. Fvck what society says and go get what you want, society can only talk at the end of the day..it won't kill you.[/size]
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by damiso(f): 10:10pm On Nov 05, 2015
i just came back from naija and I think the hardest thing to be in Naija is Poor embarassed

Really I would rather be Linda Ikeji in banana island anytime anyday than one of the thousands of men selling gala in go slow.

When all the people online who say ' Linda go and marry ' log out I will still be in my mansion while they are putting on their 'I better pass my neighbour 'generator.

I agree it's hard to develop a thick skin , but one needs to learn to not seek self validation from the typical naija society. A lot of naija people have an opinion about everything so it's pointless just do you.God knows how many 'you are not acting like a married woman ' I heard .I never knew marriage makes one grow wings or automatically confers 'Madam' title cheesy I reject that 'madam' title with every fibre of my being.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by crackhaus: 10:15pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mindfulness:

Was that intended to buttress your point about pride?

If you can't draw the line between being proud and having a healthy level of self-esteem/confidence, then we really shouldn't take this any further.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Nobody: 10:18pm On Nov 05, 2015
crackhaus:

Was that intended to buttress your point about pride?

No. It resonated with me. That's all.

If you can't draw the line between being proud and having a healthy level of self-esteem/confidence, then we really shouldn't take this any further.

I can but I don't want to. End of discussion.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Stillfire: 10:21pm On Nov 05, 2015
Chillisauce:

grin grin
You see them blaming juju for wandering blokoses shocked

As innnnnn...
She used juju on him.
Blokoses that has destined to wander will wander .

Meanwhile where is burnt palace?
That user name sounds like burnt sacrifice grin
Ileobatojo this your burnt offering no follow o

Lollllll.

damiso:
i just came back from naija and I think the hardest thing to be in Naija is Poor embarassed
Really I would rather be Linda Ikeji in banana island anytime anyday than one of the thousands of men selling gala in go slow.
When all the people online who say ' Linda go and marry ' log out I will still be in my mansion while they are putting on their 'I better pass my neighbour 'generator.
I agree it's hard to develop a thick skin , but one needs to learn to not seek self validation from the typical naija society. A lot of naija people have an opinion about everything so it's pointless just do you.God knows how many 'you are not acting like a married woman ' I heard .I never knew marriage makes one grow wings or automatically confers 'Madam' title cheesy I reject that 'madam' title with every fibre of my being.

Damiso I hope you are dressing like this tongue tongue tongue tongue You must be Madam by force. tongue tongue

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by armyofone(m): 10:22pm On Nov 05, 2015
It is true. Just imagine having to cook all the time not to talk of other work heaped on you, because someone said it is a woman's responsibility...
The toughest place to be a woman is Nigeria/Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Kimoni: 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2015
crackhaus:

You're right...less whinning, more living.

The thing is that at the end of the day, the guy was right as she probably didn't know anything about cars except refilling the fuel tank and topping up the radiator with coolant... cheesy

What the guy said was a deliberate attempt to rile her up and may not have being intended as a sexist remark.
Even if it was sexist, it is also the truth that on average, most women know absolutely nothing about how their cars run. gringrin

Lol..

Truthfully, initially, I also didn't know anything about cars but I found out that everyone was taking advantage of me due to my ignorance. Between my driver and Elizade, I could swear they were changing the same parts everytime on that ride. I was nearly gong crazy wth their stories. Nobody taught me to get off my lazy butt and update my brain. But currently, I think I only have residual knowledge sha, my husband has since taken up that job function cool but e no mean say if somebody hit me badly, I no go fit talk or estimate the damage, except I just don't wish to.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by babygirlfl: 10:27pm On Nov 05, 2015
damiso:

Word.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by freecocoa(f): 10:29pm On Nov 05, 2015
Chillisauce:
Armed robbers/ boko haram will visit naija man house, he takes off leaving his wife and children behind grin

Tomorrow if the woman survives she will start looking for her husband .
Pls darling come back home. We miss u.

Twah grin
Sad.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by damiso(f): 10:30pm On Nov 05, 2015
Stillfire:

Lollllll.

Damiso I hope you are dressing like this tongue tongue tongue tongue You must be Madam by force. tongue tongue

grin grin grin

It's not even dressing o. Naija women are on point fashion wise if it's that one grin

I can't explain it sef it's just this 'air' a couple of people have. Taking themselves too seriously cos they are now married.

Note I am not saying people should not take marriage vows seriously before someone misunderstands my point.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by freecocoa(f): 10:31pm On Nov 05, 2015
armyofone:
It is true. Just imagine having to cook all the time not to talk of other work heaped on you, because someone said it is a woman's responsibility...
The toughest place to be a woman is Nigeria/Africa.
Sounds like someone doesn't like cooking.grin

I wish having to cook all the time is the only problem.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by thorpido(m): 10:33pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mindfulness:

Humble:

Proud:

1. feeling pleased and satisfied about something that you own or have done, or are connected with

Humble:
1)Having or showing a modest or low importance of self.
2)Not haughty,not arrogant

Source:Merriam-webster dictionary.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by crackhaus: 10:40pm On Nov 05, 2015
Kimoni:

Lol..

Truthfully, initially, I also didn't know anything about cars but I found out that everyone was taking advantage of me due to my ignorance. Between my driver and Elizade, I could swear they were changing the same parts everytime on that ride. I was nearly gong crazy wth their stories. Nobody taught me to get off my lazy butt and update my brain. But currently, I think I only have residual knowledge sha, my husband has since taken up that job function cool but e no mean say if somebody hit me badly, I no go fit talk or estimate the damage, except I just don't wish to.
That bit got me laughing as I can totally relate to it... cheesycheesy

During my adolescent years, it was my mother making such complaints as her husband my father was always away from home for long stretches due to work...consequently, I would be forced to drive & accompany the mechanic most times just to keep an eye on what he was actually changing or working on.

Now, it's a neighbour of mine complaining about the same thing...she would rather wait till her husband returns in 2/3 weeks so he can do the repairs himself if it isn't something that needs urgent attention. gringrin

1 Like

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by freecocoa(f): 10:45pm On Nov 05, 2015
thorpido:
Yes money makes many women proud.Can a woman have money,be independent and yet humble?
Ha!Is this like a real question?
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by thorpido(m): 10:52pm On Nov 05, 2015
freecocoa:
Ha!Is this like a real question?
It's a rhetorical question.
Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by freecocoa(f): 10:57pm On Nov 05, 2015
Mindfulness:

Humble:

Proud:

As far as I know, a humble person can also be proud so I don't see the need to choose, you just have to be on the positive side of pride.

1 Like

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by freshvine(f): 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
It isn't easy at all

By God's grace, the only place I see such st*pid and medieval men in quantum is on NL. I ain't surrounded by them in reality...
My husband, father, brother and male friends are very-very different. There are days I hang my leg up like a barbie(that I am), while my Cuddle-boo does the work. kiss kiss... he's a sweeeeet husband. No be juju at all, it's love and understanding.
#BlessHeavens.

Believe this, do this and sign the divorce papers except you aren't in Africa @ladies

1 Like

Re: Being A Woman In Nigeria Is Hard Says A Nigerian Man On Facebook by Kimoni: 11:03pm On Nov 05, 2015
crackhaus:

That bit got me laughing as I can totally relate to it... cheesycheesy

During my adolescent years, it was my mother making such complaints as her husband my father was always away from home for long stretches due to work...consequently, I would be forced to drive & accompany the mechanic most times just to keep an eye on what he was actually changing or working on.

Now, it's a neighbour of mine complaining about the same thing...she would rather wait till her husband returns in 2/3 weeks so he can do the repairs himself if it isn't something that needs urgent attention. gringrin

grin grin can I blame your neighbor? One thing the corporate world has taught me, "outsource/delegate tasks as much as you can, but never be found wanting if/when you are called upon to do it". I had this friend that the driver claimed was very mean to him. Guess what the guy did one day, he parked the car on 3rd mainland bridge and said he was resigning shocked shocked he no work again. Just because he knew my friend couldn't drive sad Hahahaha she said she had to eat the humble pie to start begging the guy, at least make he drive her reach house. Nobody taught her to go for driving lessons. So for ladies, as much as we want to delegate some task to the men for sanity's sake or any other reason, we should still be ready to take up the responsibility anytime. The chicken can come home to roost anytime.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

New Generation Vs Old Fashioned Husband? Ladies Choose Wisely / Divorcee Asks For Wedding Expense Refund To Enable Him Remarry / Man Orders Wife To Refund N1.4 Million He Spent In Marrying Her In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.