Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,492 members, 7,808,822 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) (2405 Views)

Android Xposed Framework, Roms And Mods Mtk And Qualcomm Only Come Inside / Infinix HOT 4 (X557) Official Discussion Thread / Get Custom Roms & Stock Roms Of Every MTK Android PHONE HERE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2015
Hello Nairalanders,

This is a discussion thread, and I'll be helping those who wish to install custom roms, install custom recovery, rooting and other related stuffs here. so feel free to drop a comment if you got any issue.

At your service...

1 Like

Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by acenazt: 8:05pm On Nov 05, 2015
Sup i need to install custom roms for my Sony Xperia Z. What do i need and how do i go about it. Thanks
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
acenazt:
Sup i need to install custom roms for my Sony Xperia Z. What do i need and how do i go about it. Thanks

Is ur device still on Kitkat or have u upgraded to Lollipop? so I can recommend a rom for u.
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by taiocol: 11:26pm On Nov 05, 2015
I need The Stock lollipop rom for Samsung Gt I9505 Or a custom Kit Kat rom
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 12:01am On Nov 06, 2015
taiocol:
I need The Stock lollipop rom for Samsung Gt I9505 Or a custom Kit Kat rom

Stock lollipop firmware... https://mega.co.nz/#!O8QEGCqC!vu7Op5QTNEWd27FJLHs-nYd0G8V9QDSkQEZxMcYuCWU

Make use of Odin to flash.. If you need the procedure, I can help you with that.
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by taiocol: 12:04am On Nov 06, 2015
BossTechy:

Stock lollipop firmware... https://mega.co.nz/#!O8QEGCqC!vu7Op5QTNEWd27FJLHs-nYd0G8V9QDSkQEZxMcYuCWU

Make use of Odin to flash.. If you need the procedure, I can help you with that.

No laptop to flash with Odin
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 12:22am On Nov 06, 2015
taiocol:

No laptop to flash with Odin

Have u installed custom recovery on your device?
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by taiocol: 12:35am On Nov 06, 2015
BossTechy:

Have u installed custom recovery on your device?

Yes, TWRP
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 3:53am On Nov 06, 2015
taiocol:

Yes, TWRP

here's what u do, download the file provided above, then unzip the file.. u get .tar.md5 file, also unzip and extract the recovery.img there, then convert the recovery.img to recovery.tar, u can use 7-Zip or winrar to add to achieve when converting. then flash the recovery.tar on your device via recovery mode..
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Halemat: 5:34am On Nov 06, 2015
please I need help on how to root my gionee m2mini.
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Halemat: 5:35am On Nov 06, 2015
I have been trying to use flash tool. but it is given me an error
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by acenazt: 6:48am On Nov 06, 2015
BossTechy:

Is ur device still on Kitkat or have u upgraded to Lollipop? so I can recommend a rom for u.
Lollipop
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 7:42am On Nov 06, 2015
acenazt:
Lollipop

Stay tuned... Remind me in few days time, Developers is through with Xperia Z Ultra, Z1 and Z Compact.. Still facing Xperia Z... Would inform you once Android Marshmallow ROM is available for your device smiley

1 Like

Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 06, 2015
I need help on how to uninstall twrp on techno c8 in order to install the latest software update .
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 9:29am On Nov 06, 2015
tunnamania11:
I need help on how to uninstall twrp on techno c8 in order to install the latest software update .

It's better u flash to stock rom...
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Segunagagu(m): 11:03am On Nov 06, 2015
Helloo. .Pls can I flash mashmallow on my galaxy note 3...tank u
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 11:40am On Nov 06, 2015
Segunagagu:
Helloo. .Pls can I flash mashmallow on my galaxy note 3...tank u
sure, AOSP Marshmallow Rom is available for Galaxy Note 3... have u installed TWRP Recovery on it? if yes.. then download rom from .. https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24052804347851186 and flash.. also flash gapps from.. http://www.guruswizard.com/2015/10/google-apps-for-android-6-0-marshmallow.html

If u need further assistance, let me know
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 06, 2015
BossTechy:

It's better u flash to stock rom...
How do I do that ?
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2015
tunnamania11:

How do I do that ?

firstly, u have to install VCOM driver on your computer, so that you can Install SP Tools, and use SP tools to flash the stock rom.. guide to install VCOM driver, i already published that.. http://www.bosstechy.com/2015/11/install-mediatek-vcom-drivers-on-windows-pc.html also download stock rom from .. https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3lGFL3BJv1FYXg4ZGY3b2ZRcWc&export=download
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Baroba(m): 12:51pm On Nov 06, 2015
Good thread boss, will be dropping in soon for advice.. cool
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
BossTechy:

firstly, u have to install VCOM driver on your computer, so that you can Install SP Tools, and use SP tools to flash the stock rom.. guide to install VCOM driver, i already published that.. http://www.bosstechy.com/2015/11/install-mediatek-vcom-drivers-on-windows-pc.html also download stock rom from .. https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B3lGFL3BJv1FYXg4ZGY3b2ZRcWc&export=download
Thanks. can I flash twrp recovery after software update? will my phone not brick ?
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 1:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
tunnamania11:

Thanks. can I flash twrp recovery after software update? will my phone not bricked ?

Ya.. Sure.. U can do that smiley
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2015
BossTechy:

Ya.. Sure.. U can do that smiley
Thanks bro, the question now is; in sp flash tool, is it download or flash ? where will I put the stock ROM?
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 2:08pm On Nov 06, 2015
tunnamania11:

Thanks bro, the question now is; in sp flash tool, is it download or flash ? where will I put the stock ROM?

I just published a guide this afternoon on how to flash with flash tools.. Follow guide .. http://www.bosstechy.com/2015/11/use-sp-tool-to-flash-all-mtk-android-phones.html
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Lordaweezy: 3:23pm On Nov 06, 2015
Mr. OP nice work you're doing here.... But you should try and ask Samsung,lg,sony,users and the likes about their version before giving them a custom rom cos they can easily get their device hard bricked by flashing roms that isn't meant for the device they are using.
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 3:42pm On Nov 06, 2015
Lordaweezy:
Mr. OP nice work you're doing here.... But you should try and ask Samsung,lg,sony,users and the likes about their version before giving them a custom rom cos they can easily get their device hard bricked by flashing roms that isn't meant for the device they are using.

Ya... I do ask.. If u follow up, you'll notice that I did ask the samsung user about his model number.. Coz I know Samsung and some other brand just as u mentioned has different varieties....
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 06, 2015
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Lordaweezy: 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2015
BossTechy:

Ya... I do ask.. If u follow up, you'll notice that I did ask the samsung user about his model number.. Coz I know Samsung and some other brand just as u mentioned has different varieties....

OK just some extra advice..... Good luck with your thread bro
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Baroba(m): 4:48pm On Nov 06, 2015
Can you suggest a custom kernel for rooted Samsung galaxy note 10.1 N8010..
Am running Cayanogen on it, unfortunately it is charging very slow and I lost root after flashing CM...
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2015
Lordaweezy:

OK just some extra advice..... Good luck with your thread bro
Thanks smiley
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by BossTechy(m): 8:46am On Nov 21, 2015
Baroba:
Can you suggest a custom kernel for rooted Samsung galaxy note 10.1 N8010..
Am running Cayanogen on it, unfortunately it is charging very slow and I lost root after flashing CM...

Are u running the official version of CM?
Re: Android Development, Custom Roms And Stock Firmwares (discussion Thread) by Halemat: 6:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Plz I need custom rom for my gionee m2mini. Is got brick when installing an application but only show the log and not charging plz help.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Can I Install Whatsapp On My Android 2.2 Version / Appleā€™s Iphone 8 Is Coming In The Fall Of 2017(see Image And Frctures) / At Last, The All-new Infinix Zero Now Available For Order (1GB + 8GB) @N20,900!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.