Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,646 members, 7,782,116 topics. Date: Saturday, 30 March 2024 at 09:47 AM

Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? - Art, Graphics & Video (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? (4018 Views)

Tomaz Plugins For Photoshop / Laptop For Photoshop.. / Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by felixchip(m): 6:11pm On Nov 10, 2015
inalegwu99:
ure not in my clas,,,,i argue wit serious minded ppl....i pity u til eternity..

Which class you dey? Standard 4 abi?
O boy eh! You no try at all.

Since wey dem born you na there you dey? Choi!
Just ey manage abeg.
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by osasojie: 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2015
Chairmen!!!......we shud all b matured now, not coming on nairaland nd insulting ourselves.its like everyone on dis nairaland platform only strives at proofing superiority ova another person, I really don't c how dat puts money into ur pockets....Jus give ur humble opinion on a discussion and leave, its dat simple nw.....
2 guys dat haven't even seen each oda b4 jus raining causes on themselves.....ena get time oo
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by gozmaxs(m): 12:17am On Nov 14, 2015
I don't usually comment on this forum bt this argument has been drawn out of proportion.
You can't compare the two softwares they are totally different. bout the op's question photoshop's flexibility mks it a common tool amongst designers.
And for those saying that there are things u can do in Corel that u can't achieve in Photoshop that's a big lie, everything boils down to how good one is with a particular software and ur creative capabilities.
The only down big diff btwn the two is that one is raster based nd d other vector, bt if u are experienced in Photoshop converting raster to vector ain't a big deal.
A lot of third party softwares can do the trick.
Finally it boils down to what you learnt with, which software you are comfortable with, and how creative you are.
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 1:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
osasojie:
Chairmen!!!......we shud all b matured now, not coming on nairaland nd insulting ourselves.its like everyone on dis nairaland platform only strives at proofing superiority ova another person, I really don't c how dat puts money into ur pockets....Jus give ur humble opinion on a discussion and leave, its dat simple nw.....
2 guys dat haven't even seen each oda b4 jus raining causes on themselves.....ena get time oo
they started it first...i only made an observation to a new trend..dats y i came here to post it..to my greatest surprise instead of heathy arguement , they started wit insulys.i was pushed to the wall
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by inalegwu99(m): 1:38pm On Nov 14, 2015
Thank yu very much...lastly, it depends on ur flexibility...so vector or raster dont count
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by DerrickM(m): 10:22pm On Nov 14, 2015
@INALEGWU99 I get that your question comes from a place of curiosity. Just take note of your typo errors they were much for real. Let me put like this using Photoshop for graphic design alone is not professional because Adobe didn't make it for that. It's mainly for Digital Art,Photo-manipulation,Photo Enhancement and allows import of vector art. It has limited vector creation capability compared to Illustrator because it's a raster application not vector vice-versa. Try creating a logo in PSD and then in AI then stretch & deform them. Regardless of the size big or small the logo from AI doesn't lose it's properties compared to that done in PSD. The logical design workflow when using CDR & PSD;is to design,add text and plan the layout of document regardless of what it is then place bitmap/jpg images enhanced from PSD. CorelDraw is very popular in Nigeria amongst newbies,pros and printers but in the big media/advertising firms or creative agencies you need to be proficient in Adobe Photoshop,Illustrator and InDesign especially in Lagos. I've checked lots of schools abroad online and noticed most teach these 3apps only for Graphic Design and are Adobe Certified Training Centres. So we all need to be onboard with these apps.

@FELIXCHIP,bro,he was just expressing himself. So both of you didn't need insult yourselves or rain curses on each other(totally uncalled for). You had your point no doubt but please y'all need to chill and relax.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by felixchip(m): 10:59am On Nov 15, 2015
DerrickM:

@FELIXCHIP,bro,he was just expressing himself. So both of you didn't need insult yourselves or rain curses on each other(totally uncalled for). You had your point no doubt but please y'all need to chill and relax.

Oga eh, as you see me so, na fun me just dey catch.
I made my first comment, but, he thought I was a fool and took to throwing words at me.

You see these kind people, na dem go talk pass, but, na dem mumu pass. He was trying to tell me that he is a pro and seemingly knows everything about design, but, he was spitting naked nonsense.

Anyway, you suppose know say I no dey find trouble o.
Me na just one guy wey dey do my thing jejely.
Ask them for here.

Happy Sunday. I wish you two bottles of chilled ORIJIN with two plates of hot pepper soup.

Enjoy dey go.
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by chubbyswit(m): 9:18pm On Nov 16, 2015
felixchip:

Oga eh, as you see me so, na fun me just dey catch.
I made my first comment, but, he thought I was a fool and took to throwing words at me.

You see these kind people, na dem go talk pass, but, na dem mumu pass. He was trying to tell me that he is a pro and seemingly knows everything about design, but, he was spitting naked nonsense.

Anyway, you suppose know say I no dey find trouble o.
Me na just one guy wey dey do my thing jejely.
Ask them for here.

Happy Sunday. I wish you two bottles of chilled ORIJIN with two plates of hot pepper soup.

Enjoy dey go.
oga u're a lier from the pit of hell, scroll up to the first page and see where u were spewing insults on me for saying my mind on the subject, i just ignored you because it would be chidish on my own part to reply you. The other guy just took it upon himself to defend and i commend him for that though i didnt need it. Have a nice day
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by chubbyswit(m): 9:24pm On Nov 16, 2015
felixchip pos=40039943:

oga u're a lier from the pit of hell, scroll up to the first page and see where u were spewing insults on me for saying my mind on the subject, i just ignored you because it would be chidish on my own part to reply you. The other guy just took it upon himself to defend and i commend him for that though i didnt need it. Have a nice day
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by felixchip(m): 10:31pm On Nov 16, 2015
chubbyswit:

See your yeye life.
You na rebranded MUMU.

Commot for here.
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by chubbyswit(m): 6:56am On Nov 17, 2015
felixchip:

See your yeye life.
You na rebranded MUMU.

Commot for here.
keep displaying your stupidity online. God have mercy on your pitiful soul
Re: Why Are Modern Designers Ditching Coreldraw For Photoshop? by felixchip(m): 8:00am On Nov 17, 2015
chubbyswit:
keep displaying your stupidity online. God have mercy on your pitiful soul

The truth is that you're trying to show that you're a gentle man. But, you just can't keep yourself from exhibiting your carlous attitude.

Find a rehab around you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Know That The Portrait At The Back Of 20 Naira Note Is Life Picture / Photo - Wonderful Sculpture Made By University Of Benin (UNIBEN) Final Year Stud / Mad Graphics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.