Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,150 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:19 AM

Body-builders Please Get In Here - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Body-builders Please Get In Here (4761 Views)

Weight Lifters, Ab Builders Meet Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Body-builders Please Get In Here by scarr: 5:01pm On Nov 06, 2015
So today i took public transport to the office, when we got to our destination, the driver called a price that was above the normal rate, none of the passengers agreed to pay but unfortunately for me, the driver raised his voice higher at me cos i was the smallest and least intimidating.......How embarrassing it was for me to be picked on........

long story short.......I NEED SOME BIG MUSCLES QUICK!!

A friend recommended this

but he doesnt even know what areas of my body it would help develop...
So i really need your help with what i can do or take to build up....i currently weight 65kg
Thanks in advance
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by ministeriallist: 5:38pm On Nov 06, 2015
Post your pix and let's see you
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by scarr: 7:40pm On Nov 06, 2015
ministeriallist:
Post your pix and let's see you
Here, how can you help

Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by akagson: 8:28pm On Nov 06, 2015
scarr:
So today i took public transport to the office, when we got to our destination, the driver called a price that was above the normal rate, none of the passengers agreed to pay but unfortunately for me, the driver raised his voice higher at me cos i was the smallest and least intimidating.......How embarrassing it was for me to be picked on........

So i really need your help with what i can do or take to build up....i currently weight 65kg
Thanks in advance

Me and you are in same shoes. You even weigh more than me by far. I'm 51kg at 23yrs and 168cm.
If you really want a comprehensive bodybuilding program, it would cost you money. Na the money sef make me never start up till now.
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by scarr: 4:02am On Nov 07, 2015
akagson:

Me and you are in same shoes. You even weigh more than me by far. I'm 51kg at 23yrs and 168cm.
If you really want a comprehensive bodybuilding program, it would cost you money. Na the money sef make me never start up till now.
Also 23 @168cm
I might be able to afford the money ,d luxury I might not have is d time
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by scarr: 4:11am On Nov 07, 2015
Good people of NL pls help me and others in my shoes
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by akagson: 8:33am On Nov 07, 2015
scarr:

Also 23 @168cm
I might be able to afford the money ,d luxury I might not have is d time
Well, you would need time so you would have to make time if you really want to grow.
The two important things you need are :
1) Food: You would eat, eat, eat and eat. Trust me, it's not your regular eating habit. And anybody who tells you that you can gain muscles without uping the ante of your food intake, that person is lying. Lifting weights without eating is a waste of time.
2) Lifting weights: You would also need a good program in the gym.
3) Supplements: This one too is important because your food alone may not give you all you'd require.
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by masties2(f): 1:30pm On Nov 07, 2015
Hello op. I actually think you are cute the way you are cos the older you get the younger you will look.

Back to topic something's you need are
1. A dumbbell. Buy different sizes. 10-20 kg.
A bar bell you can make urs with a strong iron bar and cement.
After eating your meals. More carbs and proteins lift weights immediately. Google weight programs for different part of the body.
2. Take protein shakes. Very important. They help you build muscles and repair torn tissues. Also take whey powder ( also protein) all these shakes and meal supplements make the difference
3. Be consistent. Don't give up.
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 3:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
masties2:
Hello op. I actually think you are cute the way you are cos the older you get the younger you will look.

After eating your meals. More carbs and proteins lift weights immediately. Google weight programs for different part of the body.
2. Take protein shakes. Very important. They help you build muscles and repair torn tissues. Also take whey powder ( also protein) all these shakes and meal supplements make the difference

I must confess that am impressed with your knowledge of exercising for a lady. Hope you also lift.

1 Like

Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by scarr: 8:13pm On Nov 07, 2015
akagson:

Well, you would need time so you would have to make time if you really want to grow.
The two important things you need are :
1) Food: You would eat, eat, eat and eat. Trust me, it's not your regular eating habit. And anybody who tells you that you can gain muscles without uping the ante of your food intake, that person is lying. Lifting weights without eating is a waste of time.
2) Lifting weights: You would also need a good program in the gym.
3) Supplements: This one too is important because your food alone may not give you all you'd require.
I used to eat heavily before but lately the appetite hasn't been dere.
What supplements do you recommend.
Since you know what to do already why not start
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by scarr: 8:39pm On Nov 07, 2015
masties2:

Lol thanks for the compliment,
I checked online for some dumbbells but I think they are expensive, I might just have to use cement to make one,
Can u recommend any available protein shakes, whey and supplements?

1 Like

Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by akagson: 11:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
scarr:

I used to eat heavily before but lately the appetite hasn't been dere.
What supplements do you recommend.
Since you know what to do already why not start
As I said, na money matter.
I started sometime ago but I stopped. I did the program for one month and gained about 4kg before I stopped. I initially thought it was something I can start and see result overnight, but I discovered that I needed to make it like a lifestyle —on a continuous basis.
I even imported supplements like whey protein and some other pre workout and post workout shakes . They were really expensive. So when I saw that there was no point continuing because I had exhausted my supplies and I ain't doing something reasonable that can be pumping me consistent cash, I say make I pause first till money start flowing.
To give you a clue of what type of eating you'd be doing, I used to eat 6eggs (3 whole + 3 whites) daily for breakfast. Weird right?
You'd also need gym membership cause you'd be gyming at least 4days per week.
The tin been show for my body for that one month o.... but you know, money to continue was a problem.
If you are really interested in starting the program, you can hit me up.
I'll give you both meal plan and workout plan.
I'll also personally assist you in importing the supplements you'd need (but they are damn expensive o).
Mind you, you don't need to give me any money to help you buy anything. You'd be doing all the purchase yourself, just incase you're scared of being scammed.
If you're really interested, hit me up.
I feel for people who are in my condition cause I know exactly how it hurts. Lol.
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by akagson: 11:52pm On Nov 07, 2015
I can take photos of the containers of the supplements so you see what they're like.
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by Iamoilprince(m): 12:27am On Nov 08, 2015
I was formely 59 kg or so but know my weight is usually 75-78kg.

I stated gyming April this year. Was as skinny as the slimmest person but now, my upper body is quite henched.

All you need is consistency. U gym everyday if possible morning and night. U can rest on Sundays. I started with a local gym then moved to a proper gym after like one month.

It can be tough at first but you hv to think about the benefit. It will encourage you the more.

I don't encourage supplement as a beginner, u need to build "foundational muscles" before using supplements. Take lots of Eggs n milk. Lets say 6 or 7 eggs daily, eat alot of beans and vegetables too. Before going to the gym take Apple, it will help circulate ur blood and give u more energy.

Also try to exceed ur limit everyweek by lifting more than what you did previously.

Get ready for different injuries lyk: Chest muscle strain, dislocation, shoulder injuries tho not always, but it prone to happen since u re forcing the muscle to increase and also forcing the bones to be stronger.

Important tip: Make sure you dnt stop until you are big enough. Once you stop at early stage you will go back to square one. So prepare you mind before starting.

Fron you pic i can discover you will develop a very broad Shoulder, ur upper body will get far bigger than ur lower body, so i advise you work on ur thigh along.

I hope this helps

3 Likes

Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by Qualer: 7:12am On Nov 08, 2015
scarr:

Thanks in advance

you should probably do some understudying of people that have been on similar journeys
for example https://instagram.com/martynford1982/?hl=en

Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by Qualer: 7:13am On Nov 08, 2015
he went from an ordinary lanky guy to a badasss beast!!!! believe!!! if he can, you can too!! cool
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by akagson: 7:21am On Nov 08, 2015
Iamoilprince:
I was formely 59 kg or so but know my weight is usually 75-78kg.

I stated gyming April this year. Was as skinny as the slimmest person but now, my upper body is quite henched.

All you need is consistency. U gym everyday if possible morning and night. U can rest on Sundays. I started with a local gym then moved to a proper gym after like one month.

It can be tough at first but you hv to think about the benefit. It will encourage you the more.

I don't encourage supplement as a beginner, u need to build "foundational muscles" before using supplements. Take lots of Eggs n milk. Lets say 6 or 7 eggs daily, eat alot of beans and vegetables too. Before going to the gym take Apple, it will help circulate ur blood and give u more energy.

Also try to exceed ur limit everyweek by lifting more than what you did previously.

Get ready for different injuries lyk: Chest muscle strain, dislocation, shoulder injuries tho not always, but it prone to happen since u re forcing the muscle to increase and also forcing the bones to be stronger.

Important tip: Make sure you dnt stop until you are big enough. Once you stop at early stage you will go back to square one. So prepare you mind before starting.

Fron you pic i can discover you will develop a very broad Shoulder, ur upper body will get far bigger than ur lower body, so i advise you work on ur thigh along.

I hope this helps
Wow! You also inspired me too. Pls if you don't mind, can you mind pls upload ur before and after pics let me take a peek. You can blur out your face.
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by Iamoilprince(m): 7:56am On Nov 08, 2015
akagson:

Wow! You also inspired me too. Pls if you don't mind, can you mind pls upload ur before and after pics let me take a peek. You can blur out your face.

ok...

White top was my 2nd month at the gym.

3 Likes

Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by Iamoilprince(m): 8:07am On Nov 08, 2015
me n davido 2013

then me n davido 3 months ago

2 Likes

Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by Iamoilprince(m): 8:11am On Nov 08, 2015
more.... Am like 6 months old at the gym.

I dnt take supplement like dat.

u guys should also start with Press-up

20 reps X 5 sets. Thats like 100 daily.

Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by akagson: 9:23am On Nov 08, 2015
Iamoilprince:

ok...

White top was my 2nd month at the gym.
Wow. Impressive. If I happen to see myself in even the size of you in white top, I'll be thankful. I look so so skinny. Na only God go help me. If I can gather some money again, I'll startup even if I can't afford to buy supplements. At least consistent feeding would still do me good.
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by akagson: 9:30am On Nov 08, 2015
Iamoilprince:
me n davido 2013

then me n davido 3 months ago
You and Davido.... hmm... cool.
I am even skinnier than how you look in that 2013 pic with Davido. Well, you just encouraged me.
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by Iamoilprince(m): 10:32am On Nov 08, 2015
akagson:
Wow. Impressive. If I happen to see myself in even the size of you in white top, I'll be thankful. I look so so skinny. Na only God go help me. If I can gather some money again, I'll startup even if I can't afford to buy supplements. At least consistent feeding would still do me good.

I dnt use supplement often. Wat i do is share the cost with anybody interested then we share it.

Its really good to be henched. Girls no go allow u rest self. lol
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by akagson: 3:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
Iamoilprince:

I dnt use supplement often. Wat i do is share the cost with anybody interested then we share it.

Its really good to be henched. Girls no go allow u rest self. lol
Hehe.. gurls gurls
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by scarr: 8:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
Qualer:

you should probably do some understudying of people that have been on similar journeys
for example https://instagram.com/martynford1982/?hl=en
OMG that guy is a freaking monster,
I don't expect less, he eats 6-8 times a day, takes supplements and works out most of the times
Iamoilprince:
more.... Am like 6 months old at the gym.

I dnt take supplement like dat.

u guys should also start with Press-up

20 reps X 5 sets. Thats like 100 daily.
Ure quite impressive, d change is very evident,
D problem I'm really having is my job, I work 8-6 so It'll be hard for me to visit d gym, expect I have one at home

@akagson can u post a pic before u started and one when u where working out.

I really wanna make body building and fitness my resolution for next year.
If I can reach 80kg before April I go happy die.
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by masties2(f): 11:27pm On Nov 12, 2015
scarr:

Lol thanks for the compliment,
I checked online for some dumbbells but I think they are expensive, I might just have to use cement to make one,
Can u recommend any available protein shakes, whey and supplements?

Whey protein cost between 2000- 4500 naira. Some are more expensive. You could also try complan but that is a food drink.
For dumbells, a quick one is to fill small buckets with sands and lift by the handle. If you are in Lagos you can get affordable ones at Ojuelegba. Look around your neighborhood you might see where guys workout, befriend them and join them. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by masties2(f): 11:43pm On Nov 12, 2015
This life eh! While you will be so happy to reach 80kg, I would give my right arm to be your size. I was overweight before so I did a lot of research and worked out and lost some. I buy books a lot along the road and I have "Men fitness and health" year book. It has tons of workouts and meal plans and everything about men's health. If you want I can send it over to you but it is hardcopy. Else, do online research.
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by scarr: 12:55am On Nov 13, 2015
masties2:

Whey protein cost between 2000- 4500 naira. Some are more expensive. You could also try complan but that is a food drink.
For dumbells, a quick one is to fill small buckets with sands and lift by the handle. If you are in Lagos you can get affordable ones at Ojuelegba. Look around your neighborhood you might see where guys workout, befriend them and join them. Cheers
Checked out some whey protein and it was 8k upward,
Do you really think complan is whey? I don't think so tho(I might be wrong). Which other one can you recommend within that price range
I'm in abj and the neighbour environment is quite different from that of Lagos. I think Cement with the sand would make it heavier.
Thanks
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by scarr: 12:59am On Nov 13, 2015
masties2:
This life eh! Why you will be so happy to reach 80kg, I would gibe my right arm to be your size. I was overweight before so I did a lot of research and worked out and lost some. I buy books a lot along the road and I have "Men fitness and health" year book. It has tons of workouts and meal plans and everything about men's health. If you want I can send it over to you but it is hardcopy. Else, do online research.
Heheh I sure want smiley saves time of doing research: D
Re: Body-builders Please Get In Here by masties2(f): 7:13pm On Nov 14, 2015
scarr:

Checked out some whey protein and it was 8k upward,
Do you really think complan is whey? I don't think so tho(I might be wrong). Which other one can you recommend within that price range
I'm in abj and the neighbour environment is quite different from that of Lagos. I think Cement with the sand would make it heavier.
Thanks

Complan is just a food drink but the ones in flavours are protein shake and very helpful.
Yea, cement with sand is a good idea

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For June 11 2021 In Nigeria / Please Help Me,severe Menstrual Cramps / Please, Which Fertility Drug Is Suitable For Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.