Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,414 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:38 AM

Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? (25434 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by ademipeju(f): 9:22am On Nov 08, 2015
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by plaetton: 9:23am On Nov 08, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

Explain how life Evolved without a Supernatural source?

..Don't forget that things don't just exist.....here on earth

It has been explained a million times,...in textbook after textbook, but I guess you haven't been reading since you left primary school.

And now , you want someone to explain it to you in how many words in this forum? undecided
Gimme a break !

And by the way, can please explain the meaning of "supernatural source" for us.
Thank you.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by proflatibedrew: 9:23am On Nov 08, 2015
@donffd...i am surprised that you claim to know that dogs dream..buh eventually u are refering the other guy to google it...Is GOOGLE the creator of the world?Now science have always failed man and thats y pple blive in faith.let me ask you has science been able to explain y we sleep?no...have science been able to concretely tell us how man was created?they say its evolution buh thats not true...sth must initiate the evolution to take place...According to law of conservation of mass,matter can neither be created or destroyed..if science claim we came from evolution then where did evolution came from(read that law again).so many times we have heard incurable diseases cured by coming to faith with God..does that not tell u that life is beyond science?i would av loved to continue writing buh will not...buh let me end with this:For those who claim there is no God,they have to be God to prove that claim....and jesus is the true God and/or leads us to the true God..every other person is counterfeit...

4 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by xtervaganza(m): 9:23am On Nov 08, 2015
tartar9:
He is certainly the God of Islam.am sure you only have knowledge of the xtian god and have generalized it to include other religions.the Islamic account is very much different.
your own is even worse

Terrorists

Lol

3 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 08, 2015
orisa37:
Of course God is aware of atheists. Psalm 53: 1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Athiests are insane, foolish and insensible. If they die in their madness, they go to sheol period.

D bible said that, Not God.

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 08, 2015
If God is real, christians don't need to advertise it. If God is real an atheist like me should feel it.

6 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by xtervaganza(m): 9:26am On Nov 08, 2015
keenn:

Mr man, u are beating around the bush. You were asked to narrate any supernatural experience you've heard, and not quote what is ambiguous.

If you can't give what is holy to dogs, then what is the purpose of repentance?
that's what christians are

Gullible liars

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by ChynoBEATS: 9:28am On Nov 08, 2015
xtervaganza:

Only a fool will serve a god who instructed non virgins to be killed in front of their parents

Bring forth your source and I'd expand your knowledge about this

xtervaganza:

Only a fool will serve a god who will throw ppl in eternal fire for a sin they committed for their 70 years existence

"they committed" .... I'm glad you admit they've broken a golden rule to those on earth
Apart from GOD being the Alpha-KING
Don't forget that GOD is a judge .... GOD has RULES and the ALMIGHTY Follows them

Your words are absurd ...

You know the diff between Good and Evil ...

And you know that there's a standing Law Made to balance the Equation

You steal and you're charged for it and you're sentenced by the Law

Now you'll face death sentence

....is it the JUDGE's Fault or Your's?

Keep being ignorant o .....

I rest my case

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by harsysky(m): 9:29am On Nov 08, 2015
plaetton:

I have also experienced the grace of the tooth fairy, as well as Santa Claus, whose jolly grace I am sure you and millions of others may have experienced as well.

But why do you not believe in existence and supreme graces of the Tooth fairy and Santa Claus ?

Jesus did not come for the whole. Most of these atheists know the bible very well ; I wonder why some Christians would go all the way to convince them. When Jesus taught, it was only those wh felt they had issues came around ,and those who had no issues mocked him. If you guys go about convincing an atheist, they would sharpen you hence the saying " Iron sharpeneth iron."

Jesus said to the disciples " come and I will make you fishers of men." I believe the men aren't the atheist, it is those who don't know whom to follow. The atheist are already following science and I am following Jesus. They can't convince me ,and I ,too, can't convince them. Peace!

6 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by mastercho(m): 9:31am On Nov 08, 2015
BETATRON:
ebola and cancer are diseases related to humans and not God inflicted diseases...maybe result of smoking or the result of untidiness
Dat you don't understand the phenomenon behind tsunamies and tornadoes doesn't refute the existence of God..dat you don't understand a few lines in a write up doesn't make the write up invalid and devoid of sense
you are making great sense!!!i love your replies
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by ichommy(m): 9:34am On Nov 08, 2015
Dis One wey u dey drink Panadol for Atheist Mata. U re panariod. I will say this NO god.
orisa37:
Of course God is aware of atheists. Psalm 53: 1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Athiests are insane, foolish and insensible. If they die in their madness, they go to sheol period.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by xtervaganza(m): 9:34am On Nov 08, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

Bring forth your source and I'd expand your knowledge about this

"they committed" .... I'm glad you admit they've broken a golden rule to those on earth
Apart from GOD being the Alpha-KING
Don't forget that GOD is a judge .... GOD has RULES and the ALMIGHTY Follows them

Your words are absurd ...

You know the diff between Good and Evil ...

And you know that there's a standing Law Made to balance the Equation

You steal and you're charged for it and you're sentenced by the Law

Now you'll face death sentence

....is it the JUDGE's Fault or Your's?

Keep being ignorant o .....

I rest my case
just goes to show you're an illiterate of your evil bible book if you don't know God instructed non virgins to be stoned to death

It's better you rest your case and find a new meaning to your life

Christian religion is a business and a scaremongering venture taking advantage of gullible like you

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by DRskyman: 9:35am On Nov 08, 2015
[color=#000099][/color] cheesy Dis certainly will end like all other arguments: nonody wins,everybody goes home more foolish. Daddy said dont argue with fools, people might not know the difference. I BELIEVE IN THE FATHER,SON AND HOLY SPIRIT. U must not believe with me... that z predestination. Am outta here. U can hang me,nay my comment.
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by plaetton: 9:36am On Nov 08, 2015
accountable:
@Keenn
As for supernatural experiences..........

the life of any man who truly and totally commits himself to Christ is supernatural. 1 john 1:1. We daily experience what we believe.
I have many instances but I will narrate this one only because I hope that peradventure it may convince u:

I'm a Dr. Sometime during my training before crossing from preclinical to clinical, we were required to do medical tests. I tested positive to HBV. 5 Times thereafter I went for the test and it came out as positive. I prayed about it and God spoke to me, He said that I should just follow Him, that the test was not important. I obeyed. some years later after I had graduated, I was walking along the road, when God spoke to me. He simply said" You are free" . and then He opened my eyes to see inside of me, and I could see that I was completely cleansed. Immediately I turned around and entered the nearest diagnostic lab. And the result came out negative.
Some months later, I was required in church to carry out premarital medical tests. Which I did but HBV test was not requested. But out of sincerity I told my fiancee( now my wife), that I once had HBV, she insisted that I repeat the test, I went to the hospital where I worked and repeated it and it was negative.
Now that's just one. I could continue........

I don't how to say this without sounding rude, but the above post, again, encapsulates the sad silliness of a religiously infused African mind.
Here we have a trained doctor, a man whose training and occupation are built on a solid scientific foundation, mocking his own training, substituting supernatural mumbo jumbo in place of his scientific knowledge.

Now, I haven't prayed in over 25 yrs.
I give my middle finger to Yahweh at every available opportunity.
Yet, I have also experienced illnesses that seemed go away all on their own.
Was it also your god , or my tooth fairy that was responsible, and, what does it prove?

4 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by ichommy(m): 9:37am On Nov 08, 2015
Malakh:
He reserves wrath for them remember, most rotten fruits last longer on the tree

2 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by atoleybaba(m): 9:38am On Nov 08, 2015
accountable:
If there is anywhere in the bible that God, if He deemed it necessary, would have introduced Himself it is Gen 1:1, since the bible does not have any `` about the author``. But what does it say, " In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth". He completely ignores the question concerning whether HE exists......... Why?

Another close call was Exodus 3:13,14, where Moses directly asked GOD of His name. GOD'S answer again regarding his person is astonishing: I AM THAT I AM.

Of course God is aware of atheists, because psalm 53: 1 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. But is He deliberately ignoring them? Prov 26:4.
actually God has practically been revealing himself..taking DT exodus u quoted as a case study: another bible rendition says "...he causes to become"(NWT) in other words, he caused the universe and intelligent
beings to come into existence, and he continues to cause
his will and purpose to become a reality. And bawt him ignoring those that don't believe in him, he is not he is just giving them time to realize he exist when it is d due time, he will now av time for them
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by ichommy(m): 9:39am On Nov 08, 2015
freecocoa:
Church is for people who have time and money to waste, fortunately for me, I can't afford it. grin

GBAM. Can't imaging carrying bible and walk to church Auditorium.
Chai Brainwashing

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by plaetton: 9:40am On Nov 08, 2015
harsysky:

Jesus did not come for the whole. Most of these atheists know the bible very well ; I wonder why some Christians would go all the way to convince them. When Jesus taught, it was only those wh felt they had issues came around ,and those who had no issues mocked him. If you guys go about convincing an atheist, they would sharpen you hence the saying " Iron sharpeneth iron."

Jesus said to the disciples " come and I will make you fishers of men." I believe the men aren't the atheist, it is those who don't know whom to follow. The atheist are already following science and I am following Jesus. They can't convince me ,and I ,too, can't convince them. Peace!

I am moved by your wisdom and sincerity.

But atheists are not here to convince anyone.
We have no beliefs or philosophy to sell or convince.

Here, we mock brain-eating lethal mythologies.
Simple.

A person cannot be convinced to be an atheist.
No.
Just ask any atheist.

It is an inner stirring , a deep stirring for knowledge and understanding.
In the midst of this inner stirring, faith and religion seem silly, shallow , pedestrian, even vulgar.

That's why we mock.

6 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by ChynoBEATS: 9:40am On Nov 08, 2015
plaetton:

It has been explained a million times,...in textbook after textbook,

Textbook after textbook

I'm glad you pointed it out

I hope you know that those textbooks arent accurate n thats why there are Revised editions for it

But wait how did the text book explain it

Did it say that it Just Happen?

plaetton:

but I guess you haven't been reading since you left primary school.

Reading is what i do daily

I know you read only textbooks

Thats why your orientation is fully based on that

I read more than that .....

We're different bro

We both believe in science

I have a plus cos i believe in GOD
And i know HIS SON is MY KING
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by BETATRON(m): 9:41am On Nov 08, 2015
chuna1985:

Dogs do those 2 things u mentioned.
so you see your self like one,reason like one,and feel live only revolve around food,shelter and fulfillment of mundane and transient desires
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by paulGrundy(m): 9:44am On Nov 08, 2015
ifeness:
Is Santa Claus deliberately eluding those who do not believe in it?

Believers in Santa believe it by faith and know what ever happened to them is the hand work of Santa.

Santa can only reveal itself to those who only believe in it

Can santa make the blind see? Cause the lame the walk? Raise the dead?

Did santa die and rise up from the dead?
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 08, 2015
donnffd:

I am not comparing myself with anything,I am just telling you reality,if you don't believe me,Google it,there is nothing supernatural abt dreams,its just chemical processes in the brain,I advice you to Google on these things and stop believing fairytale...

As to how we got here, science explains dat perfectly
I'm quite sure that the op would also believe that sleep paralysis is spiritual.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by Smartiegurl(f): 9:47am On Nov 08, 2015
cold:

Yeah..the typical cherrypicking theist. Pick the good stuff and attribute them to your skydaddy. And then try to explain away the evil stuff by injecting some pseudo intelligence into the debate. Reason why i can't keep up with you folks and your desperation to defend your sky fairy. Your god exists? Fine,can you all do us a favour and go fetch him and stop dissipating your energy standing in his defense? Alas that is never going to happen is it? You're going to keep up this rigmarole for as long as it takes..sigh
Do not be a fool but hear me out...live your life believing that God exists, if finally there is God, u have got nothing to loose, if there is still no God, u still got nothing to loose. my 5cent!

1 Like

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by plaetton: 9:48am On Nov 08, 2015
ChynoBEATS:

Textbook after textbook

I'm glad you pointed it out

I hope you know that those textbooks arent accurate n thats why there are Revised editions for it

But wait how did the text book explain it

Did it say that it Just Happen?

Reading is what i do daily

I know you read only textbooks

Thats why your orientation is fully based on that

I read more than that .....

We're different bro

We both believe in science

I have a plus cos i believe in GOD
And i know HIS SON is MY KING

Science is not a belief system.
This error explains why faith tries to mock science.

Scientific knowledge is responsible for the quality of life you enjoy in thus 21st century.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by arabianights: 9:49am On Nov 08, 2015
paranorman:
Before I contribute, why do you choose to believe in the existence of God? What are you convictions?

God bless you. I actually clicked to ask him the same questions .why in heaven would any one decide not to believe in God?
how did they come into being,by coalition of the stars?
what of the plants that feed them
where do they go to when they die,become babies again and restart life?
.............................................smh
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:49am On Nov 08, 2015
plaetton:

I don't how to say this without sounding rude, but the above post, again, encapsulates the sad silliness of a religiously infused African mind.
Here we have a trained doctor, a man whose training and occupation are built on a solid scientific foundation, mocking his own training, substituting supernatural mumbo jumbo in place of his scientific knowledge.

Do facts like most scientists being theists seem to elude you when arguing on Nairaland ? I just don't get it
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:52am On Nov 08, 2015
plaetton:

This error explains why faith tries to mock science.

"Faith" is employed in scientific theories

2 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by denigma2(m): 9:53am On Nov 08, 2015
Allah (God) asked the disbelievers a four-pronged question in the Quran:
Were you created from nothing? Or did you create yourselves? Were you created by something that was created or created by something that was not created?

Can the atheists answer this objectively?
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by ChynoBEATS: 9:53am On Nov 08, 2015
xtervaganza:
just goes to show you're an illiterate of your evil bible book if you don't know God instructed non virgins to be stoned to death

I know this ish has a source

Bring it forth I'd enlighten you about it

xtervaganza:

It's better you rest your case and find a new meaning to your life

Ouch ....i feel your pain ...

It hurts cos you can't defend your claims

I'm insult-proof

Insults arent useful when thrown towards me

xtervaganza:

Christian religion is a business and a scaremongering venture taking advantage of gullible like you

Ehya! Sorry o but my religion has never swindled me before......

We'r all different

We've got our own personal knowledge about our religion .....

I do things the way i personally see it
Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by oluamid(m): 9:56am On Nov 08, 2015
Faith, God and religion. Eish!

This topic can never be exhausted. The faithful think the faithless are fools, the faithless think the faithful are stupid.

Its the chicken and the egg thingy. It can't really be explained.

I don't know if there is a God or not but I do know if there is one I'm yet to meet him, or her or them, or it.

A person cannot be convinced to be an atheist.
No.
Just ask any atheist.

It is an inner stirring , a deep stirring for knowledge and understanding.
In the midst of this inner stirring, faith and religion seem silly, narrow , pedestrian, even vulgar.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by xtervaganza(m): 9:58am On Nov 08, 2015
accountable:
@Keenn
As for supernatural experiences..........

the life of any man who truly and totally commits himself to Christ is supernatural. 1 john 1:1. We daily experience what we believe.
I have many instances but I will narrate this one only because I hope that peradventure it may convince u:

I'm a Dr. Sometime during my training before crossing from preclinical to clinical, we were required to do medical tests. I tested positive to HBV. 5 Times thereafter I went for the test and it came out as positive. I prayed about it and God spoke to me, He said that I should just follow Him, that the test was not important. I obeyed. some years later after I had graduated, I was walking along the road, when God spoke to me. He simply said" You are free" . and then He opened my eyes to see inside of me, and I could see that I was completely cleansed. Immediately I turned around and entered the nearest diagnostic lab. And the result came out negative.
Some months later, I was required in church to carry out premarital medical tests. Which I did but HBV test was not requested. But out of sincerity I told my fiancee( now my wife), that I once had HBV, she insisted that I repeat the test, I went to the hospital where I worked and repeated it and it was negative.
Now that's just one. I could continue........

guy, you can lie for Africa

From now till the end of time hepatitis has always disappeared in some people without scientific explanation, it has nothing to do with your fake god or invisible father

You're not the only Dr on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: Is God Deliberately Ignoring The Atheist??? by Oluwaseytiano(m): 9:58am On Nov 08, 2015
Have You ever thought that perhaps there is a reason why we weren't given all the answer? Perhaps to humble us, that no matter how we strive to be the best, the smartest among humble we can never be more than what we are- imperfect mortal humble. atheists ask questions to mock human fail, seeking answers to quench that hunger within bt nt realising that getting answers and knowledge is easy but understanding those answers is what brings wisdom

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Can A Married Christian Couple Use intimacy gadgets? / Samuel Ugwute: Big Holes In Story Of Man Who 'Resurrected' From Dead- PoliticsNG / 2017 Prophecies By Prophet U.E James Of Fountain Of Hope Ministries Inc.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.