Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,517 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Yeast Infection: Help! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Yeast Infection: Help! (20074 Views)

Free Yourself From Yeast Infection Within 24hours / Tips On Vigina Yeast Infection And How To Treat It With Garlic / Treat Yeast Infection With These Home Remedies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yeast Infection: Help! by kunbi2k2(f): 10:20pm On Oct 13, 2006
Pls ladies or docs in d hse, Bn havin recurrent thrush 4 a while now, I have used like 4 packs of canesten, nystatin, i have done 2 swab tests and it proved i had yeast. Every time i use the canesten, it goes then it later comes back after a week, Its not severe but i just know its back cos i feel discharges all day, Iv even tried ironing my under wear, Still its stil there, Maybe its just a phase that will pass with time, I dont know. Pls if u guys know anything else i can do, U cld pls tell me. Cos im almost frustrated, Thanks
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by kunbi2k2(f): 10:23pm On Oct 13, 2006
Pls ladies or docs in d hse, Bn havin recurrent thrush 4 a while now, I have used like 4 packs of canesten, nystatin, i have done 2 swab tests and it proved i had yeast. Every time i use the canesten, it goes then it later comes back after a week, Its not severe but i just know its back cos i feel discharges all day, Iv even tried ironing my under wear, Still its stil there, Maybe its just a phase that will pass with time, I dont know. Pls if u guys know anything else i can do, U cld pls tell me. Cos im almost frustrated, Thanks
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by delarontus(f): 11:43am On Oct 14, 2006
You can use Diflucan. The beauty of it is that its an oral medication and you need to increase the level of your personal hygiene. Do away with nylon underwear, restrict yourself to cotton and if you use tampons make sure you don't wear them for too long. You can also douch after your periods.
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by mamaput(f): 5:51pm On Oct 14, 2006
Or your Boyfriend has it too and keeps giving it back to you
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by desiree(f): 9:02pm On Oct 20, 2006
A re-occurring thrush might be sign of a serious problem underlying (STI). You said you done a swab and it confirms that you have a yeast infection?? Have your boyfriend tested too and treated appropriately.
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by PTBNaija(f): 8:41am On Nov 21, 2006
Are you on any antibiotics? And sorry to get a little personal here, but what kind of soap do you use when you clean that area. Because I have a feeling that it may be the soap you use. Like if you use some soap that is meant to kill all bacteria, thinking that it will get rid of the infections you are just making it worse. You have healthy bacteria in that area as well, and when you use certain soaps, you kill the bacteria that you need to keep the yeast from growing out of control. So I advise you to go to the doctor of course and talk over the situation there. But if you are using harsh soaps, then I advise that you find a better alternative.
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by babysnogls: 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2006
Dts rite.Use only water to clean dt area.Pour dettol or any disinfectant in a potty of hot water and sit on it so dt d steam might kil d infection.(dt is if its nt STD)

1 Like

Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by babysnogls: 8:24pm On Nov 24, 2006
Dts rite.Use only water to clean dt area.Pour dettol or any disinfectant in a potty of hot water and sit on it so dt d steam might kil d infection.(dt is if its nt STD)
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by izoneb(f): 12:18am On Nov 25, 2006
U got all the advices u need already.
1.Too much antibiotics can cause it
2.Diflucan is excellent
3.Don't be harsh on that part with soaps and stuff.
4.Take to Ur boyfriend/husband about a text.
5.I'm not sure about the hot sit!
6.Canesten has a lot of fake in 9ja

Most importantly take ur lab report to a Dr.and get treated once and for all.
It could be cheaper than all the trouble u gone thru!
Sorry Dearie!
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by Eurphoria(f): 4:57pm On Nov 26, 2006
maybe ur boyfriend has it and is passing back to you, so even when you have treated yourself if keeps coming back.
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by chelsea4su(f): 5:09pm On Nov 29, 2006
stop having sex with your boyfriend for a while
do not use soap to wash the affected area
wear only net pant
use dettol to bath always
dont use any antibiotics drug
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by isaacayomi(m): 10:19am On Dec 29, 2006
happy new year in advance to you all. i need an urgent response from you nairaland users. what can be a permanent solution to abnormal female discharge and treatment for the husband as well? thanks.
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by Eurphoria(f): 12:49am On Dec 30, 2006
Isaac
only a doc can tell you that do not self medicate. It could indicate all sorts in the woman , you two need seeing to. Do not self medicate
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by lauryn(f): 12:54am On Dec 30, 2006
I'll suggest U wear only cotton panties, restrain from tight jeans, g-strings,and thongs, wash ur vagina often and wipe from d front to back and not the other way round
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by ZuluNation(m): 12:57am On Dec 30, 2006
* what the hell is zulu doing in this thread,*
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by lauryn(f): 1:04am On Dec 30, 2006
what he does best grin grin
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by ZuluNation(m): 1:05am On Dec 30, 2006
Thunder scatter your big head Lauryn angry. where have you been monkey like you.

Merry Christmas dear kiss
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by lauryn(f): 1:06am On Dec 30, 2006
who's thunder, have I met the fella? grin grin grin
anyhoo, how has ur krusty brokeasss behind been? grin
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by ZuluNation(m): 1:08am On Dec 30, 2006
My sister you know say na only suffer head be my problem, God dey sah.
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by lauryn(f): 1:10am On Dec 30, 2006
hehe grin grin grin
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by ZuluNation(m): 1:12am On Dec 30, 2006
lauryn:

hehe grin grin grin

Abeg close your mouth angry you brush this morning sef tongue
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by lauryn(f): 1:14am On Dec 30, 2006
no make me slap hair commot for ya mouth o angry, crase pikin grin grin
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by ZuluNation(m): 1:16am On Dec 30, 2006
No start now young girl, watin you dey do for this thread sef,  that yeast infection way Uche give you never do you.
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by Bobbyaf(m): 7:31pm On Jan 03, 2007
@ Kumbi

Please ladies or docs in d hse, Bn havin recurrent thrush 4 a while now, I have used like 4 packs of canesten, nystatin, i have done 2 swab tests and it proved i had yeast. Every time i use the canesten, it goes then it later comes back after a week, Its not severe but i just know its back because i feel discharges all day, Iv even tried ironing my under wear, Still its stil there, Maybe its just a phase that will pass with time, I don't know. Please if u guys know anything else i can do, U cld please tell me. Cos im almost frustrated, Thanks

I used to help persons with your condidtion some years ago, but my approach was never one of conventional medicine. My approach was always the natural way, and I have had over 99% success.

Listen carefully. Be it yeast ifection or infestation it doesn't matter. Yeasts tend to line the small and large intestines where they thrive better in an alkaline environment. If there is a normal habitat of friendly bacteria called lacto-bacillus, and more specifically lactobacillus acidophilus, the Yeasts, and more particularly Candida albicans, cannot thrive because of the lactic acid production by these friendly bacteria. Modern anti-biotics tend to lower the numbers of these friendly bacteria which line the intestines for a good reason. When these good bacteria decrease then it opens up the flood gates for yeasts to take over the body, and once they do your life will become miserable.

In addition try to get access to a natural product called Garlic Allium Complex. If you combine both the Acidoliphus Plus with the Garlic Allium Complex, your life of normalcy will be restored. Guaranteed!!!!

Get in touch with a company called GNLD International who manufactures these two wonderful products. I knw there are some wonderful distributors in Nigeria who might be able to assist you. If you were in Jamaica then I would certainly do that, but since you're there try to get hold of those who do business with GNLD.

If not contact me at:

bobbyaf@msn.com
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by sammyjl(f): 1:42pm On Jan 05, 2007
undecided I had that same problem. When I visited the clinic and they checked me, they told me it might be the soap that I'm using and treated me. I have recently changed and well it has disappeared. I also informed my boyfriend and we both went to the clinic together.

Public toilets can also be the cause, so avoid them aswell, those things are never that clean anyways.
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by Eurphoria(f): 2:34pm On Jan 05, 2007
huh? public toilets? hardly--------- many think you can get all sorts from pub toilets but its not the case , well not unless you actually go swimming knickerless inside the toilet bowl itself.

Anyway its always bets to go see a doc, for the proper medication. Many have talked about some of the preventative measures here already like cleaning the right way, type of underwear, and not using fragranced soaps.
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by spoilt(f): 2:28am On Feb 24, 2008
The best advice i ever got from my obgyn was "leave your vagina the hell alone" .
she said often times women overwash that area because they've been told its 'dirty and smelly'. They wash , wash, scrub, scrub and even put fingers in to bring out imaginary dirt. all that throws your body out of balance and causes more problems for you. Soap has no business in that region. use only water. Take 2 bathes a day, change your undies often .silky underthings may get your man's blood boiling but its not good for you in the long run. stick to cotton panties if you can help it. you should be fine.
Also she said to lay off the anti-yeast creams for a bit and let your body find its balance. its called over treatment! grin

1 Like

Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by ifyeve1(f): 9:15am On Feb 29, 2008
well all have said and they are all remedies to it but try the following:
- clean enviroment
- avery clean toletries/ toliet
- never but underwear twice, be it bra, tight, etc.
- avoid harsh cusmetics
- take ur bith atleast twice a day with clan water
- always shave
- use 1005 cotton undies and night wear etc.
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by ifyeve1(f): 9:26am On Feb 29, 2008
- use 100% cotton underwear
with these and other medication with time it will lear off
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by ifyeve1(f): 9:27am On Feb 29, 2008
- use 100% cotton underwear
with these and other medication with time it will lear off
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by angolag(m): 11:28pm On Apr 07, 2008
Could men get this too?Just curiouse
Re: Yeast Infection: Help! by kizzle(m): 4:04pm On Apr 18, 2008
angola_g:

Could men get this too?Just curiouse
yes, men can get this as well, and its terrible in men, it eats up the sperm cells and also causes sexual dysfunction.
burning in the penile region and within the anal region too, DO NOT USE ANTIBIOTICS !! they make yeast worse.
this is because there are bacterias which are friendly in/on the human body which attack these yeast cell or parasites,the use of antibiotics tend to kill these bacteria paving enough room for the yeast to groom,

(1) (2) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For September 25 2020 In Nigeria - (2,635 Tested) / Steps To Getting The COVID-19 Vaccine In Lagos, Phase 1 & List Of Those Eligible / The Hidden Risks Of Getting A Tattoo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.