Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,980 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? (41048 Views)

The Magical Wonders Of Dudu Osun Soap! / Side Effects Of Dudu Osun / What Dudu Osun Soap And African Shea Butter Can Do For Your Skin. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by ayeesha: 12:46pm On May 13, 2009
I recently started using this soap, the tropics that has lime, honey and shea butter in it and i noticed that my face is getting lighter than it was

initially. Is it supposed to tone the face since it said to be local with no harmful bleaching agents included?
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by tpiah: 4:10pm On May 14, 2009
I think it does, but the ingredients are supposed to be natural.

locally made black soap is very helpful in maintaining the skin, so dudu osun shouldnt be any different.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by mafolayomi(f): 3:22pm On May 18, 2009
Nope, it does not, as i have been using it since 1999 till date. u can check on my pix on my profile, would not want to advertise for them 4 free though smiley, but its good, d reason y i keep using it wink
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by dominique(f): 8:56pm On May 18, 2009
it all depends on the type of skin you have. it toned me a bit when i was using it but when my friend decided to use it, her skin stayed the same.
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by uyaib(f): 12:03pm On May 22, 2009
Dudu Osun doesn't tone.
That is what i use,it only maintain your complexion whether you are fair or dark
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by steaming(f): 3:32pm On May 22, 2009
pls does it not dry the skin? I tried using the regular black soap and it started wrinkling my skin a lil.

is dudu oshun any different from the regular black soap?
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Supercharg: 3:42pm On May 22, 2009
maybe it is exfoliating your skin ,,hence the looking lighter effect , I dont believe this is harmful
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by ayeesha: 4:46pm On May 22, 2009
@ all

Thanks for your contributions. will stick to it then cos i kind of really like the soap.

@ steaming

it doesnt dry my skin. on the contrary after use, my skin feels silky and smooth. you can try that and see instead of the normal black soap.
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by steaming(f): 12:02pm On Jul 09, 2010
ok, fanx ayeesha
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by jumiluve: 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2010
I use Dudu osun for my body only. It works but cos i am dark skinned and dont want to be too fair i use face wash.
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by yhemmmy(f): 8:08pm On Jul 09, 2010
Dudu oshun exfoliates ur skin and makes it glow, i make black soap for myself and the ingredients i put is the black soap itself mixed with aloe vera, sulphur, honey, lime and oshun (cam wood). The original oshun which is dark red in colour and hard to find anyway really tones the body, but in a natural way. It does not have any side effect at all. Also lime tones the body. So it preferable buying blacksoap or making yours instead of buying toilet soap. Some people react to some of the ingredients in the blacksoap, so if you are making your own black soap, you may not put the ingredient that makes you react.

2 Likes

Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Sissy3(f): 12:30am On Jul 10, 2010
yhemmmy:

Dudu oshun exfoliates your skin and makes it glow, i make black soap for myself and the ingredients i put is the black soap itself mixed with aloe vera, sulphur, honey, lime and oshun (cam wood). T[b]he original oshun which is dark red in colour and hard to find [/b]anyway really tones the body, but in a natural way. It does not have any side effect at all. Also lime tones the body. So it preferable buying blacksoap or making yours instead of buying toilet soap. Some people react to some of the ingredients in the blacksoap, so if you are making your own black soap, you may not put the ingredient that makes you react.

yea, i heard they stop making it. the tropical one is the only one available
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Mobinga: 1:25am On Jul 11, 2010
My First Post in this section: DUDU OSUN IS UTTER CRAP!!!!!
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Sissy3(f): 2:21am On Jul 11, 2010
Why?

did it breakout your skin?
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by LadyDee1(f): 8:48pm On Jul 13, 2010
DuDu Osun is kiss kiss kiss kiss

I love IT!! Its amazing for the skin, a very good exfoliator, removes dead skin cells so your skin glows!!
Im kinda fair in general but this soap does not tone it just thoroughly cleanses,

The west are scouring sites for the original Black soap (dudu osun is the nigerian version and there is a ghanian version which is for sensitive skin).
There are so many fakes out on the market, embarassed
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by whiteroses(f): 8:47pm On Jul 14, 2010
^ original has a red line when it's opened its their trademark any fakes that lines it red will get in trouble.
at poster yes it tones, i was a fair person i have gone dark through the years, cause of sun and stuff but i started dudu osun and i went back to my original colour which i was in high school but its almost a year now after i went back to my normal color, it stays the same i thought its gonna continue toning but it dinnt so its sort of confusing
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by LadyDee1(f): 9:15pm On Jul 14, 2010
whiteroses:

^ original has a red line when it's opened its their trademark any fakes that lines it red will get in trouble.
at poster yes it tones, i was a fair person i have gone dark through the years, cause of sun and stuff but i started dudu osun and i went back to my original colour which i was in high school but its almost a year now after i went back to my normal color, it stays the same i thought its gonna continue toning but it dinnt so its sort of confusing

Hun, i dont think its toning you, i think it exfoliated all the dead cells away, hence, bringing up all the renewed natural skin colour.
When you stay in the sun too much without proper skin protection (suncream) you will get a tan/burn,
To get rid of your suntan just exfoliate lots and protect your skin, before you know it you have gone back to your normal skin tone,
That why i said dudu osun doen't tone otherwise, like you said it would have lightened you more than your original colour, wink

1 Like

Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Sissy3(f): 5:38am On Jul 15, 2010
isnt this the one, you guys are using?

1 Like

Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by whiteroses(f): 2:35am On Jul 21, 2010
^no never seen that before, what happened to the yellow packaged one
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Nobody: 5:56am On Jul 21, 2010
It worked . . . been using it for a few months. Toned my skin, heck 95% of the marks on my body are gone. shocked kiss I think it speeds up the process of skin renewal.
And it softens my flesh. . . . loff it. I just hate the smell lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Sissy3(f): 6:00am On Jul 21, 2010
according to the vendors and users, they(manufactures) have stopped making the brownish one. that one is the only one available both in beauty stores and online undecided

whiteroses:

^no never seen that before, what happened to the yellow packaged one
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Sissy3(f): 7:38am On Jul 21, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

It worked . . . been using it for a few months. Toned my skin, heck 95% of the marks on my body are gone. shocked kiss I think it speeds up the process of skin renewal.
And it softens my flesh. . . . loff it. I just hate the smell  lipsrsealed

you use it on both body and face?
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by whiteroses(f): 8:23am On Jul 21, 2010
~Sissy~:

according to the vendors and users, they(manufactures) have stopped making the brownish one. that one is the only one available both in beauty stores and online undecided

is it? my local african shop havent had these ones i hope they upgrade tho

Lady Dee:

Hun, i dont think its toning you, i think it exfoliated all the dead cells away, hence, bringing up all the renewed natural skin colour.
When you stay in the sun too much without proper skin protection (suncream) you will get a tan/burn,
To get rid of your suntan just exfoliate lots and protect your skin, before you know it you have gone back to your normal skin tone,
That why i said dudu osun doen't tone otherwise, like you said it would have lightened you more than your original colour, wink
true. thinking of it now it didnt tone me altho i look brighter its just my original color especially that both my parent have been using it longer than me and truss me they are not toned
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jul 21, 2010
~Sissy~:

you use it on both body and face?
Yea, for my night shower. I have a lil separate face sponge.

@whiteroses

It works for some, not for others. A lot of nairalanders will agree with you. try the black packaged ones, [i]they [/i]might work.
It's sold on ebay/amazon
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by whiteroses(f): 3:02pm On Jul 21, 2010
^tanks i use the yellow packaged ones its fine so far, but dont think i'd like to try that if it will tone my skin tho cos i'm a bit light naturally def dont wanna go lighter
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2010
now that you mentioned it, it did make my skin a few shades lighter undecided lol ok, nvm then
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by whiteroses(f): 3:18pm On Jul 21, 2010
dats gd

1 Like

Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Sissy3(f): 9:46am On Jul 24, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Yea, for my night shower. I have a lil separate face sponge.

doesnt dry out your skin/face?
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jul 24, 2010
~Sissy~:

doesnt dry out your skin/face?
not after I use lotion.
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Sissy3(f): 1:54am On Jul 26, 2010
ok :p
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Nobody: 2:35am On Jul 26, 2010
~Sissy~:

ok :p
not just any lotion oh. lol Clinique made. softens the face real well, and not greasy
Re: Dudu Oshun. Does It Tone? by Sissy3(f): 7:28am On Aug 13, 2010

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Glory Brown Wins Miss Celebrity Nigeria 2016(photos) / I'm Not Bobrisky – Crossdresser Laments After Being Assaulted By Lagos Area Boys / Lmao!begining Of Madness I Think!guys Will You Rock This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.