Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? (1783 Views)

Why Do Females Hate Video Games? / Cool Video Games We Played In The 90's!!! Add Yours / Up Coming Video Games That You Won't Want To Miss (PC & Console) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? by haroldpatt(m): 3:11pm On May 13, 2009
Before this video games were the absolute preserve of children. But this days, it seems the reverse is becoming the case. Is it normal?

www.freegamescentre.com
Re: Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? by Infoseye(m): 9:47am On May 14, 2009
Even back in the days it was meant for adults n kids thats why u read the rating +18 above on the game case or b4 d game starts.
Re: Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? by init4dmoni(m): 11:18pm On May 14, 2009
dats a dumb question tongue tongue sad
Re: Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? by haroldpatt(m): 9:12am On May 15, 2009
I actually wanted to know if the adults are seeing it as a way of relieving stress. I sometimes play computer games in the office during lunch hour as a way of relaxing. What do you think?
Re: Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? by ElRazur: 9:18am On May 16, 2009
haroldpatt:

I actually wanted to know if the adults are seeing it as a way of relieving stress. I sometimes play computer games in the office during lunch hour as a way of relaxing. What do you think?

Game playing can be used by individual for relieving stress. In fact ,individuals can do anything to relieve stress. When it comes to games, I play them because I am a keen gamer.

haroldpatt:

Before this video games were the absolute preserve of children. But this days, it seems the reverse is becoming the case. Is it normal?

Erm it is a billion dollar industry. Even the games for kids are made by "adults". I personally do not think it was marketed at children from the start. Even the first computer games by pioneers like Atari and co were expensive back then and the target market obviously would have been adults.

Are you just advertising a website? undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? by haroldpatt(m): 9:26am On May 16, 2009
Thanks for your reply. Sometimes it's fun being controversial. Don't you think. Am having fun playing games at the moment. Thanks all the same.
Re: Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? by ElRazur: 12:51pm On May 16, 2009
^^ Headfcuk. Makes no sense. Noting controversial about your post.
Re: Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? by dani1luv: 2:50pm On May 16, 2009
shait. .

This is no qxtn
Re: Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? by lexyman(m): 11:04am On May 17, 2009
no
Re: Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? by mccloud224(m): 11:59pm On May 26, 2009
Try playing silent hill 2 (homecoming) on PS3.Thirty minutes into the game and you'll know it was meant for the older audience.The rating states MATURE.

Games are both for kids and adults (its the rating that counts).No discrimination.It's like saying ice cream isn't for adults (and my woman loves ice cream, hehehe).
Re: Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? by iniguy(m): 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2009
Vid games are meant for both adults and children. Sadly adults in Nigeria do not see video games as means of relieving stress.

1 Like

Re: Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? by vgstores: 10:17am On Apr 19, 2022
This video games are the best for children
FIFA 22 - FIFA 22 Sports game is a popular video game that can be played by kids without fear of violence or vulgar word. It can be played as a healthy competition between kids and parent or their friends. The PEGI 3 game can be played by age 3 years and above. FIFA 22 is available on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, and Xbox One, and Xbox Series X.

https://www.vgstores.ng/product/fifa-22-ps5/

Super Mario 3D All-Stars - It is not short of fun at any point in time. Super Mario 3D All-Stars put three of Mario's greatest hits, Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy, all in one package.

Animal Crossing: New Horizons - The famous game played on Nintendo Switch recently won the Best Family Game award at The Games Award 2020. It is rated ā€˜Eā€™ and can be played by anyone It is especially popular among children.

Just Dance 2022 - This game can be so much fun for parents and children bonding during the holidays. Imagine playing a popular song and competing to get the dance step right to whoop your kid on the game console.

https://www.vgstores.ng/product/just-dance-2022-nintendo-switch/

Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart - Ratchet and Clank may be the closest thing Sony has that is close to a family-kid game. It can be played on Play Station 4 and PS5. The video game is rated ā€˜Eā€™ and can be played by anyone above the age of ten.

https://www.vgstores.ng/product/ratchet-and-clank-rift-apart-ps5/

Get more games here - https://www.vgstores.ng/store/

Re: Are Video Games Meant For The Kids Alone? by vgstores: 10:40am On Aug 11, 2022
Thus blog post from VG Stores exposes everything you need to know about Video games for kids.
If you go through it you can get 20% discount on some Video games and get it delivered to you ASAP.
Check out the blog post [https://www.vgstores.ng/best-video-games-for-kids-to-play/]

Cheers!!!

(1) (Reply)

Please Where Do I Buy PC Games In Uyo,akwa Ibom State / Play Grepolis And Conquer The World / Quick Flick! An Android Game By Hydef!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.