Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" (32164 Views)

Construction Of 2 Bedroom Block Of 6 Flats In Owerri,imo State / My Portharcourt Eneka 6 Flats Project. / The Making Of A Low Budget 5 Bedroom Duplex (with Costs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by 7footre(m): 10:52pm On Jan 22, 2016
You guys are super fast I must say! And your block works are impeccable! Keep up the good work

I may come around your site sometimes if you don't mind as I reside here too

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 10:55pm On Jan 22, 2016
7footre:
You guys are super fast I must say! And your block works are impeccable! Keep up the good work

Thank you bro,
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by 7footre(m): 10:56pm On Jan 22, 2016
spyder880:

Thank you bro,
You are the boss, the big boss
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by Chekitaut: 2:43am On Jan 23, 2016

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:52am On Jan 27, 2016
We continue with good carpentry.......

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:54am On Jan 27, 2016
Preparations for lintels and columns cast completed in one flat........

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:57am On Jan 27, 2016
From the top...........

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 8:01am On Jan 27, 2016
Closer..........

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 8:05am On Jan 27, 2016
The rest of the compound where we have not built............

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by Nobody: 8:07am On Jan 27, 2016
7footre:

Yeah, he has an outstanding crew that has a keen eye for detail.

I hope they know that they've established a standard for many builds that started from here. I know my builder has seen many of his works to establish an acceptable standard.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 8:09am On Jan 27, 2016
Casting the work with good concrete starts today.............

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 8:12am On Jan 27, 2016
EgunMogaji:

Yeah, he has an outstanding crew that has a keen eye for detail.

I hope they know that they've established a standard for many builds that started from here. I know my builder has seen many of his works to establish an acceptable standard.

Thank you Sir, we can only aim to improve with every job. How is your project Sir, I am coming over to look.......

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by sheelay(m): 10:03am On Jan 27, 2016
Rahmbo Steel Company, we specialize in stainless steel railings for homes, offices, and malls.. We deliver high quality materials, and look forward to clients' satisfaction... Give us a call today, and you won't regret doing business with us.
Call/whatsapp 08035218309/08028954477

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by tekknow727: 10:47am On Jan 27, 2016
ohhh thats nice.........meanwhile plots of land for sale in Awka.Location-mgbakwu,okpuno,isuaniocha,Price-ranges from 300k to 3m depending on the location,Contact us on 09024510137
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by redcap: 12:13pm On Jan 27, 2016
Oga spyder880 ,pls where can I get cheap gravel in anambra.around ozubulu ihiala axis.thx
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:09am On Jan 28, 2016
redcap:
Oga spyder880 ,pls where can I get cheap gravel in anambra.around ozubulu ihiala axis.thx

I will ask someone.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:09am On Jan 28, 2016
Work ongoing without hitches, more pictures later......
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by Mayor78: 4:15am On Jan 30, 2016
Here I am, joining as a First Year student in the 'University of Building Construction Made Easy' where Dr. Spyder888 VC and Director, Practical Operations has over years been dymistifying the myths that building construction in Nigeria is only for the rich. Dr, kindly assign me into 'most beginners' Class. Student's Representative Fhemmmy, and Associate Lecturer Brabus, Ihebrooke etc abeg make una dey take care of junior students ooh.

Well done Spyder, you're threads are inspiring new generation of guys working their ass off yet thinking that the possibilities of owning a quality houses or indeed mansions' in Naij are virtually non existent even though their salary out here are on average equivalent to a million or more naira per month. The fear of starting a project is further excerbated by the many negative stories from colleagues who ventured to but ceases halfway due to disappointments from relations or Shylock contractors often entrusted with such projects. Again, scanning through houses for sale in major Nigeria cities, you will find that some advertised selling price of quality buildings on sale in Naij often run into hundreds of millions and in some cases billions. You rarely see good houses for 5,10,15million naira etc in these cities. Indeed guys are no longer afraid of quoting 100millon, 500million, a billion naira for houses as if they are talking of Somalia currency.

When some of us are here in Europe struggling to pay unending bills, student loans etc, how dare we dream of owning a quality home in Naij when chance of winning Euromillion lottery is around 1 in 575,000,000.

But Spyder! O'boy, you, and bunch of guys and offcourse ladies out there in nairaland through the info on property threads have dymistified house constructions in Naij. I am gearing up to join the bandwagon of mansion owners soon. With the info I have through you guys I now know I can dream. I now know I can own a mansion in Naij without winning Euromillion.

You guys didn't know the impact the info you disseminated here has on people psyche, especially those of us struggling to survive abroad. I can only say thank you.
I am happy that you guys are willing, and determined to continue sharing the info, facilitating, helping, and encouraging the masses even as it is now, a career opened.

Spyder on brov! as I get seated to continue learning.

4 Likes

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 6:25pm On Jan 30, 2016
Mayor78:
Here I am, joining as a First Year student in the 'University of Building Construction Made Easy' where Dr. Spyder888 VC and Director, Practical Operations has over years been dymistifying the myths that building construction in Nigeria is only for the rich. Dr, kindly assign me into 'most beginners' Class. Student's Representative Fhemmmy, and Associate Lecturer Brabus, Ihebrooke etc abeg make una dey take care of junior students ooh.

Well done Spyder, you're threads are inspiring new generation of guys working their ass off yet thinking that the possibilities of owning a quality houses or indeed mansions' in Naij are virtually non existent even though their salary out here are on average equivalent to a million or more naira per month. The fear of starting a project is further excerbated by the many negative stories from colleagues who ventured to but ceases halfway due to disappointments from relations or Shylock contractors often entrusted with such projects. Again, scanning through houses for sale in major Nigeria cities, you will find that some advertised selling price of quality buildings on sale in Naij often run into hundreds of millions and in some cases billions. You rarely see good houses for 5,10,15million naira etc in these cities. Indeed guys are no longer afraid of quoting 100millon, 500million, a billion naira for houses as if they are talking of Somalia currency.

When some of us are here in Europe struggling to pay unending bills, student loans etc, how dare we dream of owning a quality home in Naij when chance of winning Euromillion lottery is around 1 in 575,000,000.

But Spyder! O'boy, you, and bunch of guys and offcourse ladies out there in nairaland through the info on property threads have dymistified house constructions in Naij. I am gearing up to join the bandwagon of mansion owners soon. With the info I have through you guys I now know I can dream. I now know I can own a mansion in Naij without winning Euromillion.

You guys didn't know the impact the info you disseminated here has on people psyche, especially those of us struggling to survive abroad. I can only say thank you.
I am happy that you guys are willing, and determined to continue sharing the info, facilitating, helping, and encouraging the masses even as it is now, a career opened.

Spyder on brov! as I get seated to continue learning.

Welcome bro, we shall continue to do our best till every Nigerian will be well housed in affordable but comfortable homes.
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:03pm On Jan 30, 2016
Work continues here today............

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:07pm On Jan 30, 2016
Inside the rooms............

1 Share

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:15pm On Jan 30, 2016
more of the inside.........

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:28pm On Jan 30, 2016
Front.......

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:31pm On Jan 30, 2016
side.....

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:34pm On Jan 30, 2016
Top of the first decking...........

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2016
More of the decking..........

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 9:49pm On Jan 30, 2016
We keep buying and stocking materials..........

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 10:01pm On Jan 30, 2016
The compound...........

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by Mayor78: 4:42am On Feb 03, 2016
Prof. Spyder, what is this OCDA Stop Work sign for? If it was from the council, how would that affect the ongoing project?

1 Like

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 7:05am On Feb 03, 2016
Mayor78:
Prof. Spyder, what is this OCDA Stop Work sign for? If it was from the council, how would that affect the ongoing project?

That is some corrupt officials seeking to extort money from me from the back door. I have paid for the necessary permits needed at the same OCDA and I was asked to start this development but one task force agent wants me to "settle" him. I have receipts pasted on the fence and he chose to ignore it, walked in and made a marking on the wall. It will be hot between me and him if he visits again. I have also reported him to his superiors at OCDA.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by Mayor78: 2:20am On Feb 04, 2016
OK thanks for the info Prof.
Hang on!, does it mean they have no statutory record/archive of building sites within their jurisdiction that have proper approvals, or the guy have just chosen to ignore such records where it exist. In other words they operate as some kind of local government Omonile's. What kind of protection would you finally need to continue the project unperturbed? Assuming the particular guy is cautioned by the senior but another one surfaces to make some demands as well. How can the issue have lasting resolution?
Re: The Making Of "Owerri Block Of 6 Flats" by spyder880(m): 2:26am On Feb 04, 2016
Mayor78:
OK thanks for the info Prof.
Hang on!, does it mean they have no statutory record/archive of building sites within their jurisdiction that have proper approvals, or the guy have just chosen to ignore such records where it exist. In other words they operate as some kind of local government Omonile's. What kind of protection would you finally need to continue the project unperturbed? Assuming the particular guy is cautioned by the senior but another one surfaces to make some demands as well. How can the issue have lasting resolution?

I was made to understand that the guys who move about are not even local council staff, but a task force set up to make sure everyone pays. They are supposed to liaise with the officers or see the permits pasted and walk pass, but this one wants to fleece builders. I am waiting for him, when next he shows up, I have a surprise for him.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

How Can My Husband Solve This House Problem? / Is Lagos Island Going Bananas? / Landlady Breaks Into Tenant's Door To Force Eviction (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.