Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,869 members, 7,798,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 12:09 PM

To Tithe or Not to Tithe? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (61123 Views)

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / Ten (10) Reasons To Tithe / Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by joftech(m): 6:28pm On Jul 29, 2005
I hope you don't claim other promises meant for them

Me as a person i don't claim promises meant for the Israelites simply because am not one. But i hold tenaciously to the promise of God to Abraham which says "through him (Abraham) all nations of the earth will be blessed".

And am blessed already through Jesus Christ.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by DEKING3(m): 9:22am On Aug 01, 2005
Good joftech. But let me ask you this. Are the Israelites in any way connected to Abraham?

Your answer determines what next I would say.

God bless you the more brother as you reply.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by joftech(m): 11:02am On Aug 01, 2005
Are the Israelites in any way connected to Abraham?

Yeah they are, the generation is this: Abraham > Isaac > Jacob(Israel).

God's promise:

Genesis 12:2. “And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless

thee, and make thy name great; and thou shalt be a blessing: and I will

bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in

thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.”

This promise is why the US of A is very prosperous today.

Promise of Israel:

In Genesis 15:18, the Lord said that Abraham’s descendants would have

their own country, and that this country would be between the river of

Egypt and the Euphrates River. (People sometimes call this the Promised

Land.)

And in the new testament:

Galatians 3:29 And if ye [be] Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and

heirs according to the promise.

Any other thing bro?
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by DEKING3(m): 11:56am On Aug 01, 2005
Well said bro. thank you soooo much for that reply and biblical quotes. Without any further argument, you're also claiming the blessings of the great great grandfather of Israel. With reference to your quote below
joftech:

Are the Israelites in any way connected to Abraham?
Yeah they are, the generation is this: Abraham > Isaac > Jacob(Israel).

So kindly tell objibb to start paying tithes if you now agree it's a total command from God.

Thank you and God bless you real Good.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by hotangel2(f): 12:21pm On Aug 01, 2005
Tithe if you wanna tithe. Don't tithe if you don't wanna tithe. I tithe sometimes...but ehh not all times.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by objibb(m): 12:29pm On Aug 01, 2005
Tax paid to the government is enough tithe already. Nigerian pastors are feeding fat with people like u. Sit down and show me the place in the New Testament where Christ command us to pay such money apart from tax.

It is good to give than to receive, I can give to those that want.

From those that have not, the little they had shall be taken away from them, in form of 10% of their money.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by DEKING3(m): 1:43pm On Aug 01, 2005
Hot-angel, don't know think what is worth doing is worth doing well? I respect everyone's opinion and I'm not trying to persuade anyone but if you can claim promises in the bible, don't you think you shall as well obey it in it's entirety?

@ objibb,
objibb:
.. From those that have not, the little they had shall be taken away from them ... inform of 10% of thier money

Well, my own bible did not say what you quoted above. Anyhow sha, I wish you the best bro.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by makgod(m): 2:25pm On Aug 01, 2005
common hot-angel...won't u like u husby 2 pay tithes.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by DEKING3(m): 2:31pm On Aug 01, 2005
Question?
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by makgod(m): 2:33pm On Aug 01, 2005
Oops dat question was for objibb , and i doubt is she is male or female.
haha...

objibb, ur gender please...?
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by objibb(m): 3:20pm On Aug 01, 2005
Male Nigerian What did yr bible say
Jesus did not pay tithe why can I pay now he only pay Temple Tax at Capernaum Math. 17 24-27.
24 ¶ And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Peter, and said, Doth not your master pay tribute?
25 He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Jesus prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers?
26 Peter saith unto him, Of strangers. Jesus saith unto him, Then are the children free.
27 Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by makgod(m): 3:35pm On Aug 01, 2005
temple tax...........hmnnnnnn,
so , do u pay temple tax...?
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by objibb(m): 3:45pm On Aug 01, 2005
Luke 19
DE-KING:

@ objibb,
objibb link=topic=272.msg18414#msg18414 date=1122895770:
.. From those that have not, the little they had shall be taken away from them ... inform of 10% of thier money

Well, my own bible did not say what you quoted above. Anyhow sha, I wish you the best bro.
:26     For I say unto you, That unto every one which hath shall be given; and from him that hath not, even that he hath shall be taken away from him.

LUKE8:18 Take heed therefore how ye hear: for whosoever hath, to him shall be given; and whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he seemeth to have.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by DEKING3(m): 4:30pm On Aug 01, 2005
Objibb, I was actually referring to
objibb:
... inform of 10% of their money

Matt. 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's.

Could you pls analyse that and tell me what Jesus meant by that? I'd really appreciate.
By the way, could you do justice to the quote below? Hope I'm not asking for too much. Just curious to learn.
makgod:

so , do you pay temple tax...?
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by objibb(m): 4:41pm On Aug 01, 2005
Matt 22:18     But Jesus perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites?
They simply want to test Jesus Christ
What is the thing of God? Not Money, but simple Worship and adoration.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by joftech(m): 5:56pm On Aug 01, 2005

This why some pastors are cruizing Hummer when church members are dying in poverty.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by DEKING3(m): 8:51am On Aug 02, 2005
makgod:

objibb, do you mind giving answer to the above?

joftech so you are simply saying that bcoz some people misuse God's money then you won't give God his due. If that's so, then well.....
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by makgod(m): 8:54am On Aug 02, 2005
hahaha objibb is bizzy preaching and he forgot to answer the simple question.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by DEKING3(m): 9:10am On Aug 02, 2005
Shey? cheesy grin cheesy

Maybe him dey try dodge am grin
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by objibb(m): 9:53am On Aug 02, 2005
DE-KING:

makgod link=topic=272.msg18501#msg18501 date=1122906900:

joftech so you are simply saying that because some people misuse God's money then you won't give God his due. If that's so, then well.....

I can not pay temple tax because I am here in Nigeria not a visitor to Capernum. This is the tax payable by VISITOR ONLY. Is A TAX to the KING of the world.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by DEKING3(m): 9:55am On Aug 02, 2005
o.k oooo. anyhows sha. cool
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by joftech(m): 6:43pm On Aug 02, 2005
joftech so you are simply saying that because some people misuse God's money then you won't give God his due. If that's so, then well.....

@DE-KING, what stops me from paying it to God directly instead of going through a proxy.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by makgod(m): 5:27am On Aug 03, 2005
objibb:

DE-KING link=topic=272.msg18912#msg18912 date=1122969073:

[quote author=makgod link=topic=272.msg18501#msg18501 date=1122906900]

I can not pay temple tax because I am here in Nigeria not a visitor to Capernum. This is the tax payable by VISITOR ONLY. Is A TAX to the KING of the world.
[/quote]

OK.. now dat u are in naija which religious tax do u wanna pay..
or u no wan pay atall.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by DEKING3(m): 8:22am On Aug 03, 2005
joftech:

@DE-KING, what stops me from paying it to God directly instead of going through a proxy.
Can you tell me how you would do that?

Makgod, nice one. you see I already said this our guy no wan answer the question. But I wouldn't mind stressing your own point again.
makgod:

OK.. now that you are in Nigeria which religious tax do you want to pay..
or you no wan pay at all.
So objibb, do you mind considering the quote above? cheesy
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by joftech(m): 9:26am On Aug 03, 2005
Can you tell me how you would do that?

Simple, give the tithes to those that are poor. They are God personify.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by objibb(m): 9:42am On Aug 03, 2005
May be you need to know that a lot of the pastor obtained loan from banks and use thier church attendannce to calculate monthly income from tithe as returns from investiment...... I will never pay anything to any pastor I would feed and give to the needy... once you do all this it is done for God.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by DEKING3(m): 12:25pm On Aug 03, 2005
So, can I now safely conclude from you guys that you don't pay anything money in church but you attend services?
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by makgod(m): 4:36am On Aug 04, 2005
ojibb, but u just said jesus paid tax in the temple...right..?
so why wont u pay ...?
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by objibb(m): 10:21am On Aug 04, 2005
I also told you that , the temple tax is a vistors tax for the king. He only ask peter to collect the money from the mouth of fish. Ok
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by hotangel2(f): 12:38am On Aug 05, 2005
enough debates...tithe if u wanna tithe. Don't tithe if you don't wanna.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by DEKING3(m): 9:06am On Aug 05, 2005
It's not actually a debate. Everyone seems to be giving his own opinion about the issue and tends to get clearification where necessary.

But I still advice; not compelling anyone to tithe.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by hotangel2(f): 9:14am On Aug 05, 2005
mmkay oo..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (64) (Reply)

"I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says / Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? / Prophet Chukwuemeka "Odumeje" Ohanaemere's Wife And Children (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.