Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,006 members, 7,806,922 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:02 AM

To Tithe or Not to Tithe? - Religion (64) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / To Tithe or Not to Tithe? (61160 Views)

To Tithe Or Not To Tithe: The Whole Truth From The Bible. / Ten (10) Reasons To Tithe / Jesus Is The Fulfillment Of The Law (tithing), Do I Still Need To Tithe? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Bolarge1(m): 9:31am On Sep 18, 2010
[The grouse I have with tithing is there is no where it is preached by Jesus or any of the apostles, it is all in the old testament, why the emphasis by preachers on it.If they want to follow the Old testament, let them do and if it is the New Testament let them follow it.]
[/quote]

Friends we love to claim Abraham's blessings are mine but this gentle man of God existed in the old testament. the law of God and our existence started in the old testament. you wouldn't have been existing now if your great great great great x 100 fathers had not started you. pls the old and the new testaments are the same words of God.

[Over 2000 year issue, ha pastor must chop. Most of the old practices has been drop why do u tithe your self again , because it has to do with NAIRA period, but God can not spend naira now. be wise men][quote]

The bible commanded that "bring all your tithe to my house [the church}' Brothers let's be franc money cannot spend itself it has to be used for church activites. Most of us will never go to a church where they are still using benches to sit or probably no fan to blow you where do you get this money from/

[seun now you are exhibiting a lot of humour, maybe you'll suggest that churches be taxed next.maybe like 10% too by the federal government

] Governtment is not God and nobody share with is Glory. Tx
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by shanda(m): 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2010
I came across this link, I hope you guys will take time to read through it. It addressed everything inside out with all the necessary bible verses that talked about tithing. I still don't know where the bible specifically say we should pay 10% as tithe.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by SanEmma: 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2010
For Christians, i Cor 16:1-2, 2cor. 8:12, 2 Cor 9:6-7 is enough. Tithe was meant for the old testament worshippers. The bible speaks of GIVING for the Christians and not tithe. Churches in the new testament contributed but this was not tithe. Those who capitalise on tithe refers to the old testament. Read II Cor. 3:14.Pls, visit 'Church of christ' nearest you.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Mayy: 6:55am On Mar 02, 2012
These young men are surely not trying to take your money
Please listen to them talk about non-tithers and hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSvkNFPWIoA
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by Enigma(m): 8:12am On Mar 02, 2012
shanda:

I came across this link, I hope you guys will take time to read through it. It addressed everything inside out with all the necessary bible verses that talked about tithing. I still don't know where the bible specifically say we should pay 10% as tithe.

@bolded: There is nowhere. smiley

cool
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by godlycounsel13: 10:24am On May 17, 2013
Tithing is not only for the old testament people. It is relevant to us today. God is never an impostor. God can not be eyeing what He gave you in the first place. All of God's blessings are conditional. Deut. 28:1 says if you do what God commands.......not when. For example, As free as Salvation is, you can not be saved until you believe in Jesus Christ, His Death and Resurrection. Tithing is like a "spiritual insurance cover". And for your information, everybody pays tithe. It is either you pay it to God willingly and get blessed for it or the devourer takes it from you by force and trust Satan, he takes more than 10%. It is a spiritual law. No one can't escape it. Jesus endorsed tithe - Matt. 23:23
It is only in Christendom that we argue about God's word. Although this is the work of Satan. He never wants us to know the truth that will set us free. So, he goes all the way to contest the integrity of God's word as he did in the Garden of Eden. Do you know that even Muslims pay tithe? They call it "saka"(am not sure of the spelling pls). Interestingly, God is no respecter of person. You don't have to know God to enjoy His blessing in any area you choose to obey His Word. He is very committed to His word irrespective of who is obeying it whether he's a Christian or not.
Dear reader, my humble counsel is for all to stay glued to God's word because therein lies our security and prosperity now that the global economy is upside down and mind you, worse is yet to come. Mal.4:1,2. TITHING IS OUR SECURITY NOW! PAYING TITHE MAY LOOK FOOLISH BUT The foolishness of God is wiser than men(1Cor. 1:25. You may not like your pastor or the way he talks about tithe but that will never render God's word ineffective. Let's go all out to obey God.Start paying your tithe today. I guarantee you will surely reap the blessings. God bless you.
Re: To Tithe or Not to Tithe? by PastorKun(m): 11:59am On May 17, 2013
This is probably the oldest and longest tithe thread on nairaland, though we have come a long way and several Nigerians have been liberated from this fraudulent doctrine reading what we have shared on this forum, a lot more work still needs to be done as evidenced by the falsehood posted by the previous poster to continually perpetuate this fraudulent doctrine.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (61) (62) (63) (64) (Reply)

"I Want To Marry A Rich Nigerian Man" - Black American Female Pastor Says / Bishop Oyedepo And Wife Arrive Benin City In Their Private Jet (Photos) / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.