Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,119 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 PM

Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP (24667 Views)

"Get Rid Of Executive Grasscutters": #IStandWithNASS Banner / "Buhari Is The Commander Of Executive Corruption" - Farooq Kperogi / The Real Facts Of Taraba's Judgment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by meforyou1(m): 7:31pm On Nov 07, 2015
Mogidi:
APC never asked the Tribunal to declare them winner on the grounds of improper primaries, why then did the tribunal declare them winners?
that's judicial rascality. Court is not supposed to grant a prayer you didn't ask for

1 Like

Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by diegwu01: 7:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
THE FUNNY THING IS,
if PDP heads to Appeal Court and lose again, they will blame Buhari, if they head to Supreme Court and same happens,
Buhari will get all the blame.

Buhari should also be blamed for the Decisions in Abia, Delta and Enugu

2 Likes

Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Goldencollins: 7:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
meforyou1:
My exact thought when I read about the judgement. How can a tribunal sitting in abuja rather than jalingo be complaining that the primaries didn't hold in jalingo. So what about all the Yobe, Borno and Adamawa primaries that held in abuja rather than their state capitals by APC?

this whole thing is quite confusing,I just hope we don't slip into war
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by bankylan: 7:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
divinehand2003:
PDP, stop crying cockroaches where they are none. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the fun of being at the back seat.

Do u think it is about pdp and apc....the country is going down the lane of destruction and u are celebrating......Buhari can be there for centuries, that does not mean the lives of his villagers will be better, not to talk but of every nigerian......I cry for this nation.....obvious many have been turned almajiris.

2 Likes

Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Gaskia: 7:34pm On Nov 07, 2015
Any tribunal ruling on saturday is a response to body language of tyrany.

1 Like

Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by ismailaoladayo: 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2015
Pdp are bunch of bad looser, they talk of Rivers,Akwa ibom, but refused to mention Delta which the judgement was in their favoure.anyone that does not favour them is executive interference by metueh, why are they worry themselves again? after all they have started sponsoring biafaud under neat
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by mindurword(m): 7:36pm On Nov 07, 2015
Call me the waiIer I don't care but one thing I know everything evil APC government is doing to bend the law to their favor will still come again to hurnt them in future All tribunal is in favour of rulling party APC when pdp was in power everything was free and fare God is watching you buhari boko haram Alias Baba go slow your days are number to the judiciary shame upon you,to the chief judge Who see white as black Accident await you.come to look @ it everything in life is vanity upon vanity good name is better than richies .Youth of this great country arise and carry your cross before babu destroy our Destiny .A PC Rat am waiting my fellow waillers click like.

1 Like

Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Don117: 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
I wonder why PDP has not condemned abia and Delta tribunal rulings. That rulling must have portrayed the judiciary as the last hope of the common Man. When it favours them, they praise the judiciary but when it goes the other way, interference from APC is alledged
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Eluwilussit(m): 7:41pm On Nov 07, 2015
Fucck Metuh and PDP. They are the reason we are in this shit. They couldn't even rig a simple election at any cost. Even with all the executive powers and apparatuses. Weaklings. I hope apc will exterminate them. Teach them how to use power of incumbency. Idiots. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by 4nobody4every1: 7:48pm On Nov 07, 2015
mazeltov:
Olisah Methu agian? You still dey talk? Make Lai catch you there. Back to the topic.
Scoffs- Honestly karma is truly a bitchy bitch. Aunty Karma is playing ludo game on Pdp. The party had once used the same judicial wing to supress the rise of other political parties in our country before. When they were in power, they had every opportunity to correct this judiacial anomaly and to equate every injustice rather, they chose to use it as a political weapons to clip the wings of other party. Obasanjo understood what I'm saying very well because he is architect of this set up and he enjoyed it very well, He was the one that assembled Efcc as his political bull dog to bully his political opponent either in party or individuals, now the chain of the same bull dog has been given to Apc.
Please tell Pdp should sit back-grab popcorn and enjoy cus this is an Indian movie produced by Pdp and it is their turn to watch it.
winksss, the film loooong oooo
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin cool
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by diegwu01: 7:53pm On Nov 07, 2015
these are troubling times for the Wailers..
..losing on all fronts..
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Charly68: 8:00pm On Nov 07, 2015
This indeed is a season of judgement for PDP ..they must go to God repentance first..governed a nation for 16 years and left the nation in bad state ..God is angry with the party
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Charly68: 8:01pm On Nov 07, 2015
This indeed is a season of judgement for PDP ..they must go to God repentance first..governed a nation for 16 years and left the nation in bad state ..God is angry with the party Because they show no sign of remorse for their errors in Govt
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Olufemiolaolu(m): 8:04pm On Nov 07, 2015
Barcanlsta:
If the Judiciary can be this "fair" in Lagos and Imo states, PDP will be ruling by now. It is clear that PDP won those states.
Mumu dey ur system. So supreme court was biased right? Pdp is a mumu party abeg. This is karma grin
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by biotechshola(m): 8:06pm On Nov 07, 2015
Seunaj05:
Why is it that APC is trying to impose governance on the people of Nigeria? APC just undermined the votes of the people of Taraba using the judiciary super power to steal the mandate of the people. This is very dubious of APC because there is no way that woman would have won in a contested election coz Darius of PDP have nothing less than 60% support in Taraba

u nid to see how tarabans are celebrating this.
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by LastProphet: 8:12pm On Nov 07, 2015
RedCapChief:
Anybody who criticizes the short-comings of this government risks being labelled a wailer. Thus, people are turning a blind eye to what is slowly happening to our country. This judgement was delivered on a faulty premise. But people don't care. They are just happy seeing PDP lose. For the record, I don't dispute the fact that PDP ran a terrible government but this is something else

Whether the PDP is being paid back in its own coin is not the point, the fact that the judiciary is seen to be biased does not bode well for any democracy. Case in point: the same point that was used to disqualify Agbaje's petition is the same point that formed part of Dakuku's successful petition to sack Wike. This is not saying that Wike did not rig the election but the judiciary is now seen to be dancing to a higher tune

Anyway, I'm not worried because Nigerians are very simple people. The same voices that chant 'Say Barber; Say Booohari!!' may change tune in the blink of an eye. The same people are in governance coming under the togas of different political parties.

When change comes, we will know it. There will be no need to announce it. You can't hide the aroma of indomie and egg grin

If you like label me a wailer? It doesn't change your salary or lift our economy from recession

and does pdp have a record of accepting the result even a true one?
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Seunaj05(m): 8:24pm On Nov 07, 2015
biotechshola:

u nid to see how tarabans are celebrating this.

it's APC card carrying members that are celebrating, not Tarabans. Don't be fooled biotechshola

1 Like

Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by JaaizTech: 8:43pm On Nov 07, 2015
L[b]awyers help us out here!, this judgement sounds wrong and ridiculous. Pls. lets allow qualified lawyers to educate us.[/b]
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by bolivnnaija: 9:14pm On Nov 07, 2015
RedCapChief:
Anybody who criticizes the short-comings of this government risks being labelled a wailer. Thus, people are turning a blind eye to what is slowly happening to our country. This judgement was delivered on a faulty premise. But people don't care. They are just happy seeing PDP lose. For the record, I don't dispute the fact that PDP ran a terrible government but this is something else

Whether the PDP is being paid back in its own coin is not the point, the fact that the judiciary is seen to be biased does not bode well for any democracy. Case in point: the same point that was used to disqualify Agbaje's petition is the same point that formed part of Dakuku's successful petition to sack Wike. This is not saying that Wike did not rig the election but the judiciary is now seen to be dancing to a higher tune

Anyway, I'm not worried because Nigerians are very simple people. The same voices that chant 'Say Barber; Say Booohari!!' may change tune in the blink of an eye. The same people are in governance coming under the togas of different political parties.

When change comes, we will know it. There will be no need to announce it. You can't hide the aroma of indomie and egg grin

If you like label me a wailer? It doesn't change your salary or lift our economy from recession

Is so unfortunate that people have seized to understand that this government does not mean well for us. We thought at the inception, we would have a turn around in the economy by continuing(some of the policies of the previous administration) and bringing fresh ideas to better the lot of the people. What this government is all about is political- vendetta, going after perceived enemies at the expense of the poor and down trodden. The Judiciary that is suppose to be the last hope of the common man is compromised. Justice is bought and sacrificed on the alter of nepotism. Hard work is discouraged as you can be taking from anywhere to head a ministry or agency without a single knowledge of your task. This portends grave dangers and breeds discontent. The President has to see himself as representing the whole country and not part. His actions must reflect such, so as to give everyone will feel part of the country and want to give his/her all in promoting and protecting her indivisibility.
This country is a great one only if all parties are brought onboard.
Have a lovely weekend everyone!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Horlufemi(m): 9:22pm On Nov 07, 2015
fritiyo:
It is very bad sign to our democracy. Judges are becoming so poor in delivering their judgement this days all in the name of change.

GEJ left a wonderful democratic system for all parties to survive, but the reverse is the case of APC led govt.t

Really?
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by barcaboi(m): 9:22pm On Nov 07, 2015
Seunaj05:
Why is it that APC is trying to impose governance on the people of Nigeria? APC just undermined the votes of the people of Taraba using the judiciary super power to steal the mandate of the people. This is very dubious of APC because there is no way that woman would have won in a contested election coz Darius of PDP have nothing less than 60% support in Taraba
bad belle...u don see people protesting in taraba? or u be Taraba citizen....let Tarabans judge
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by saint047(m): 9:32pm On Nov 07, 2015
7th Defeat of the Season.
I think We need to relocate our matter to Abuja immediately.
Let me even contact APC.
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Legitbaba(m): 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2015
Nigerian Judiciary and Chelsea...i don't know which one is a more joke
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by shegra58: 9:54pm On Nov 07, 2015
omolami:
buhari fed govt led party tying to steal party victory through backdoor . Its unfortunate that Judiciary has been compromised through presidential rascality Buhari not fit to rule in a semocratic setting
if he no fit rule in a semocratic him go fit rule in a fufucratic...Chai opposition no sweet @ all grin grin
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Ikiriye(m): 11:46pm On Nov 07, 2015
chronique:
Nigeria can never be great until we change our ways of doing things. The same thing the apc accused pdp of doing,is what they are doing now. What this means is that,the next party at the center,will just continue with this trend. Unfortunately,the biggest losers are the ,Nigerian youths who keep on supporting this nonsense.
Apc is pdp rebranding,take it or leave it.nothing has changed.
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by datribune: 12:34am On Nov 08, 2015
UMAR GARBA HAS BEEN VINDICATED. I remember when d then Acting Governor, Umar Garba was schemed out by d party big-wigs who shifted d primaries to Abuja because they knew if they held d primaries in Taraba state d delegates would vote 4 him. He warned them dat dis could happen but they were blinded by their usual impunity.
dis is indeed a big blow to impunity & a giant stride by d Nigerian Judiciary.

Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by BushidoBlue(m): 12:56am On Nov 08, 2015
RedCapChief:

1 Like

Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Eziachi: 1:25am On Nov 08, 2015
With Metuh and Fayose as PDP mouthpiece, they stand absolutely no chance. Do they often read facts before coming out with their usual nonsense?
APC based their case on two grounds of which the tribunal chose the easiest of the two because the law governing primaries is as clear as anything.

If going by the tenents of the law, I think this woman from Taraba has a solid case at appeal than those from Akwa Ibom or Rivers. It's easy to prove breaking a simple rule than proving evidentiary crime like rigging. APC has a solid case based on the infringement of how primary should be conducted. A future lesson for all the parties.
This is how judicial process looks like, fact base and letters of the law judgement, not sentiment.

Whether the tribunal sits in Abuja or not is highly irrelevant as the rules that constituted them allowed that.
Fayose and Metuh reactions mirrors a convicted speeding driver, asking why F1 drivers are allowed to do 275kph while he was being punished for doing the same mileage?
Stupid reasoning.
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Eziachi: 1:32am On Nov 08, 2015
mindurword:
Call me the waiIer I don't care but one thing I know everything evil APC government is doing to bend the law to their favor will still come again to hurnt them in future All tribunal is in favour of rulling party APC when pdp was in power everything was free and fare God is watching you buhari boko haram Alias Baba go slow your days are number to the judiciary shame upon you,to the chief judge Who see white as black Accident await you.come to look @ it everything in life is vanity upon vanity good name is better than richies .Youth of this great country arise and carry your cross before babu destroy our Destiny .A PC Rat am waiting my fellow waillers click like.
Many of you are misguided and blinded by political party affiliation. If not, the reason given by the tribunal is quite a solid one and the easiest to reach. Any competent legal person can decide this case in an hour if it was strictly based on the fact of their decision.
Did you have your primary in Abuja? Yes
Is the law against it? Yes
Does that invalidate your candidacy as result according the the law? Yes
So simple.
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Nobody: 1:58am On Nov 08, 2015
APC is busy stealing PDPs mandate left right and center, with all sorts flimsy excuses.

Let me ask everybody a question,

If no primaries were conducted by PDP, how come INEC allowed the election to hold?

Also if PDP's candidate was no qualified to contest and as a result, had he victory cancelled,

then, what is Buhari still doing at Aso Rock as President?

He should also step down after all he does not have a certificate and is not qualified to run.

APC and their supporters are a bunch of unrepentant hypocrites.
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by bashydemy(m): 4:47am On Nov 08, 2015
Seunaj05:
Sorry did you follow the election at all? the woman have 70% chance of winning, She is in early lead before PDP do their mago mago then.. google is your friends you will find links to what am saying.
Re: Taraba Judgment, Another Evidence Of Executive Interference -PDP by Akiika: 4:59am On Nov 08, 2015
Of course you guys will only see this through prism of party sentiment.
"The tribunal held that the defence by the PDP that the primaries were shifted to Abuja because of security challenges in the state was rejected by the tribunal. It sustained the evidence of the INEC official that there was no primaries election in the state and the emergence of Ishaku through the purported election in Abuja was after the statutory stipulated time for party primaries had elapsed."
So, in reality, PDP had no candidate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Military Training At International Conference Centre Abuja, Not Bomb Blast / VAT Amendments: NBA, SANs Caution NASS, Fault FIRS Planned Revenue Court / Army Arrests Two Boko Haram LG Bosses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.