Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:46 AM

Job Of Hostess/ushers In Nigeria Weddings And Events - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Job Of Hostess/ushers In Nigeria Weddings And Events (7631 Views)

13 Pictures That Best Describe Nigerian Weddings / The Two Main Causes Of Expensive Nigeria Weddings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Of Hostess/ushers In Nigeria Weddings And Events by ebukaumeh(m): 6:10pm On Nov 07, 2015
Hostesses or Ushers work at a wide variety of venues and social functions, including Nigeria weddings, art gallery events, restaurants, wedding receptions, fund-raising efforts, conferences and trade shows.
[img]http://2.bp..com/-hnf18SfbU2g/Vj5DPb8n4TI/AAAAAAAAAIQ/RHed7XErEeY/s1600/IMG-20151102-WA0009.jpg[/img]

The main responsibilities of Hostesses or Ushers in an event most especially wedding in Nigeria is to greet and direct guests upon arrival, provide them with information they need and answer other questions as best they can. Other hostess responsibilities can include acting as a spokeswoman or emcee for the event, coordinating with organizers, other staff members or featured guests--such as managers, artists and caterers--and mingling among the crowd to make sure the event is on track and people are enjoying themselves.

When you go for Outdoor Events, you will find beautiful young ladies at the entrance of every function worth its name. Their job is to smile at guests, receive them and ensure they are sitted in the right places and to make sure they enjoy the function. They have nametags on their chests, like ‘call me,’ ‘At your service,’ among others. They dress smartly in uniform that complements the function and they will most likely be strutting on high heels. They are events ushers.
The strides of many people, nowadays, to spice up their events with colors and styles, propel them to thrust the coordination of their events to professionals. This continues to grow on a daily basis. And it makes events ushering service a worthwhile and profitable business.

Duties of Hostesses or Ushers in Event Planning
Welcomes and greets guests at a events and wedding, and manages seating capacity
Greet and welcome guests
Serve food
Answer guest questions
Transmit guest orders to kitchen

Qualities
• Friendly and courteous
• Knowledgeable
• Neatly dressed & well groomed
• Effective communicator

http://www.ebukaumeh.com/2015/10/job-of-hostessushers-in-nigeria.html

Re: Job Of Hostess/ushers In Nigeria Weddings And Events by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 6:47pm On Nov 07, 2015
Nice post. pls can you link me with any.
Re: Job Of Hostess/ushers In Nigeria Weddings And Events by ebukaumeh(m): 7:25pm On Nov 07, 2015
ADENIKETINA2015:
Nice post. pls can you link me with any.
Thanks.
We do not have openings for now but i will keep you updated
Re: Job Of Hostess/ushers In Nigeria Weddings And Events by ADENIKETINA2015(f): 8:03pm On Nov 07, 2015
ebukaumeh:
Thanks. We do not have openings for now but i will keep you updated
Thanks a lot in anticipation
Re: Job Of Hostess/ushers In Nigeria Weddings And Events by iceadonis20(f): 10:10pm On Nov 16, 2015
please I would like to serve as an usher in your outfit
Re: Job Of Hostess/ushers In Nigeria Weddings And Events by ebukaumeh(m): 10:19pm On Nov 20, 2015
iceadonis20:
please I would like to serve as an usher in your outfit
Ok. i will keep you posted
Re: Job Of Hostess/ushers In Nigeria Weddings And Events by Haryanphe(f): 8:59pm On Dec 05, 2015
I will appreciate if i can be link up with any ushering firm in ibadan. Thanks
Re: Job Of Hostess/ushers In Nigeria Weddings And Events by ebukaumeh(m): 3:54pm On Dec 09, 2015
Haryanphe:
I will appreciate if i can be link up with any ushering firm in ibadan. Thanks
I am based in Lagos but i will still check
Re: Job Of Hostess/ushers In Nigeria Weddings And Events by Narnah(f): 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2015
Don't mind also if you have any opening for me. Tnx
Re: Job Of Hostess/ushers In Nigeria Weddings And Events by gooddysocial: 11:44am On Dec 11, 2015
please i'll like to know if you still av any opening in lagos

(1) (Reply)

New Year Wedding Promo: Foto & Video Coverage @ 50% Discount! (See Pix) / The Grooms and Brides clothiers n Lagos State / Unveiling The 10 Hottest & Top Rated Night Clubs In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.