Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,823 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:22 PM

Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k - NYSC (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k (68694 Views)

FG Set To Increase Allowance Of Corpers - NYSC DG / Corpse Of Corper Who Died From Laptop Explosion Taken To Home Town In Ogun State / Sokoto State Increases Allowance Of Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by dumodust(m): 4:39pm On Nov 08, 2015
pmann2:

For your information am not against your salary negotiation, i just hate the fact that you guys make it look as though medicine can only be studied by angels. I can tell you that, am doing better than most medical doctors because i have them as friends and i can even employ them and pay them. I respect all profession because no profession is actually as easy as some us of think and none is as difficult as we think. I will appreciate it if all profession gets a good pay, who doesn't like good thing?
I understand you and I respect all professions but you people greatly misunderstand medicine... the average Nigeria doctor is not actually well paid despite the public perception, that's why people are leaving the country in droves searching for better pay and better working conditions in countries that need them. Its our private hustle that sometimes help us break even so you can imagine being at work without a break even on weekends without a life outside the hospital in an area where healthcare facilities and manpower are virtually non-existent and someone is giving you 15k for working your ass off. And you dont have the time for additional hustle... if they said, '15k but work for 3 to 6 hrs daily'... fine, but this one is slavery... from 130k to 15k... stupid
forgive me for being emotional and sorry that i said hurtful things but I was in this kind of situation 7yrs ago, underpaid, broke, broken, the only doctor on duty in a thriving gen hospital, manning 4 depts, no stipend, no thank you not even yam and still being owed since I started work... very bad. It was a big lesson about humanity and I realised that this was being cheated because I couldn't let people die...
this will make doctors run from state employment which will worsen the already bad situation... fg pays much better.
And the funny thing us that there are not enough docs to go round, city life makes you feel so... nysc brings reality when u're the only doctor in your lga! Messed up

5 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Uncleodi(m): 5:13pm On Nov 08, 2015
How I wish that there is a way fresh Medical graduates will be made to do NYSC first before going for Housemanship...

The bloody outcome will make the society appreciate post house job doctors better.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 5:54pm On Nov 08, 2015
nnamdiokere45:
ur papa na dullard...until dey r given d discharge cert, dats wen nysc no gt power over dem.for nw anything dey c make dem take.oya kill urself. jew

I wish I could indulge u but some professions come with ethics while some don't

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by aadoiza: 6:36pm On Nov 08, 2015
Onyiridike:

My uncle is a surgeon but a cool-headed one.

He works at National Hospital Abuja but he earns less than my another uncle who studied Agric Economics.

The Agric Economist is an international Researcher. I bet you that the surgeon, even if he continues to work till thy kingdom come can not make 50% of the money that the later makes as a researcher and lecturer.

Right now, 3 Uk agencies have given him and colleague a research grant that worths millions of dollars.

No doctor in Kaduna State is richer and more recognized than Prof. Andrew Jonathan Nok, a renowed Biochemist.

I can give more examples if you want.

I know teachers who are richer than doctors i.e they earn more salaries than doctors.

Even the title doctor can be used by native doctors and illiterate rich business men.

STOP hyping yourself, nobody cares.
Frankly, I've got nothing against the ever-supercilious and condescending doctors, but for your comments thus far, I'm already falling for you. The conciseness, succinctness, subtlety and felicitous consciousness of every point you hammered home make me want to........ Oh! gosh.
Keep them coming.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by cbrass(m): 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2015
lebete3000:

Myopic people just shouting gadgets like gadget will just decide to work on it's own without the decision of a Doctor. before the advent of your gadgets lives were being saved, your gadget only came to make it easier and more effective. Doctors in resource-constrained setting work with crude tools and save lives, , you're here yapping about gadgets....

Gerrahere! you should be ashamed of yourself for not making any sense...one wonders d kind of Engineers we have in ds country....most of them are no different from bricklayers.

Thank God am back from church, I ready for you this night. Its a pity how some people wants to be ungreatful, this is very typical of the likes like you. The ABS you see in your cars that saves lives was not invented by an engineer but a policeman, yea. You heard me right! So we in the technology world makes work easy for you lazy doctors and to save out own lives by making inventions a doctor can never think of, medicine has been practiced since the days of our fathers so there is no big deal about you guys. The big deal is the Pharmacists and the biologist that don't sleep trying to look for cure to ailments and still teach you doctors how to use it wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by donodion(m): 7:41pm On Nov 08, 2015
dumodust:

Yeah, they should pay everybody the same thing, even cleaners should earn the same as ceo's... abi what are the ceo's doing self apart from seating all day in air conditioned offices while the cleaners are exposed to all the hazard like toilet shit and urine... those ceo's are being paid millions for nothing, wetin those small boys know self abi...crude logic
the westerners that started paying people on different scales are not stupid... ebonyi that is even backward is paying 15k and you're all applauding... who will stay there? Is it by force to work? 15k woth of work is just 7am-11am chikena... no calls, so if you're sick at night... oyo
mr NDA, there's a reason your pay is low, putting it simply, you're an 'olodo' who couldnt compete and make the cut... sorry u're now part of the unskilled workforce, I sympathise with you but you have no other choice except farming... on a scale of importance, you suck... even boko will preserve a captured medic but as for you... utterly dispensible
sorry for being this blunt, hope the guns aint to heavy as you head out... cheers

grin grin grin you made me laff so hard I almost passed out. Bruv you bad no be small..haba u make d guy provoke grin grin grin.....

Never thought this thread would catch fire like this...like play like play...it became Drs Vs Engineers, lawyers join the mix, teachers rolled up sleeve, na only Police dey miss for the debate.... wait o...are soldiers and police officers not profrssionals? grin grin grin Nigeria have been bastardized by corrupt politicians and decision makers walai.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pmann2(m): 7:49pm On Nov 08, 2015
dumodust:

I understand you and I respect all professions but you people greatly misunderstand medicine... the average Nigeria doctor is not actually well paid despite the public perception, that's why people are leaving the country in droves searching for better pay and better working conditions in countries that need them. Its our private hustle that sometimes help us break even so you can imagine being at work without a break even on weekends without a life outside the hospital in an area where healthcare facilities and manpower are virtually non-existent and someone is giving you 15k for working your ass off. And you dont have the time for additional hustle... if they said, '15k but work for 3 to 6 hrs daily'... fine, but this one is slavery... from 130k to 15k... stupid
forgive me for being emotional and sorry that i said hurtful things but I was in this kind of situation 7yrs ago, underpaid, broke, broken, the only doctor on duty in a thriving gen hospital, manning 4 depts, no stipend, no thank you not even yam and still being owed since I started work... very bad. It was a big lesson about humanity and I realised that this was being cheated because I couldn't let people die...
this will make doctors run from state employment which will worsen the already bad situation... fg pays much better.
And the funny thing us that there are not enough docs to go round, city life makes you feel so... nysc brings reality when u're the only doctor in your lga! Messed up

Nice one... i understand

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by pabu(m): 7:59pm On Nov 08, 2015
abeg....I don tire to read comments. ...it has been fun to view this arguments. ..I've learnt alot...so good to witness this! keep it rolling. ...
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 8:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
4 DAY TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION ON IOSH MANAGING SAFELY

Nedselite Safety International wishes to inform all interested participants that there will be a 4 day training on IOSH managing safely in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Enugu.

The training is scheduled as follows:

Abuja- 15th - 18th February, 2016

Lagos- 22nd - 25th February, 2016

Port Harcourt- 29th Feb. - 3rd March, 2016

Enugu - 7th March - 10th March, 2016.

You can also contact us for in-house training for your organisation on the dates below:

Mon. 30th Nov. 2015 - 11th December, 2015.

14th of March - 1st April, 2016.

Special Price offer:

Individuals 90,000 Naira

A group of more than 4 will get a 10% discount on each participant
In-house training (08122603301)

All payments can be made in installments.

The payments cover the training, all training materials and refreshments.

Nedselite Safety International is a leading training provider with UK trained experts. Nedselite Safety International is IOSH (UK) accredited and all certificates will be issued by IOSH (UK)
For more inquiries and details, call: 08122603301
Email: nedselitesafety@outlook.com
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 9:01pm On Nov 08, 2015
Onyiridike:

My uncle is a surgeon but a cool-headed one.

He works at National Hospital Abuja but he earns less than my another uncle who studied Agric Economics.

The Agric Economist is an international Researcher. I bet you that the surgeon, even if he continues to work till thy kingdom come can not make 50% of the money that the later makes as a researcher and lecturer.

Right now, 3 Uk agencies have given him and colleague a research grant that worths millions of dollars.

No doctor in Kaduna State is richer and more recognized than Prof. Andrew Jonathan Nok, a renowed Biochemist.

I can give more examples if you want.

I know teachers who are richer than doctors i.e they earn more salaries than doctors.

Even the title doctor can be used by native doctors and illiterate rich business men.

STOP hyping yourself, nobody cares.

My Uncle is a ds, my Aunty is a dat...like a ds like a dat...o girl go and kill yourself...it will be nothing but good riddance. the likes I got here is enough. enjoy basking and revelling in your folly.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 9:12pm On Nov 08, 2015
donodion:

grin grin grin you made me laff so hard I almost passed out. Bruv you bad no be small..haba u make d guy provoke grin grin grin.....

Never thought this thread would catch fire like this...like play like play...it became Drs Vs Engineers, lawyers join the mix, teachers rolled up sleeve, na only Police dey miss for the debate.... wait o...are soldiers and police officers not profrssionals? grin grin grin Nigeria have been bastardized by corrupt politicians and decision makers walai.

Lmao @ bastardized Nigerians. Suffering has a way of running people mad....lols

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by symbianDON(m): 9:20pm On Nov 08, 2015
Onyiridike:
It is simple. ALL MBBS graduates studied medicine for MONEY and TITLE (DR.).

It baffles me tremendously that they insult and look down on teachers who trained them to become doctors.

There is nothing stressful about medicine because I studied some courses with them.

Apart from surgery, I can do virtually everything that a doctor does. I can't remember going for treatment in any hospital.

Do you know that Medical doctors believe that they are next to God. What arrogance! They also look down on Nurses, laboratorists, Physiologists, Anatomists and Biochemists who trained them in the medical school.

In developed countries where PREVENTION is a priority over CURE, Research scientists earn more respect than Doctors.

Industrial Pharmacists and Biochemists who design drugs, produce drugs and ascertain its toxicity and dosage are the life savers. The reason is that, it is actually drugs that cure diseases and not doctors.

It seems, I should go into lecturing and teach some of these MBBS guys some respect.
this post is the best i have read here. it deserves a million likes
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by sergioclaudio(m): 10:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by NiRfreak(m): 11:21pm On Nov 08, 2015
nnamdiokere45:
pls correct urself 'Corper medical doctor'
You are a fool if you dont know that a doctor must be certified before he/she is allowed to treat and practice.......doctors can never tak thesame pay as other discipline.....6years plus in school.....one year full time house manship with over night duties.....they are trained and skilled professional and shd be paid and regarded as one.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by homesteady(m): 1:23am On Nov 09, 2015
einsteino:

Nobody forced you guys to study the course wisest being. Also 400l to 600l isnt 4yrs except your school messed you up. For crying out loud I have friends who are docs.

All we are saying is, nysc is about service to nation not to your pockets. If after service you get paid 1million, not my business. The way I see it, the less the remuneration the better. That way those who go into medicine solely for greed and not for humanity sake would choose a mpre profittable venture.

My friend stop jumping from one point to another like a fly!
You said Medical students don't have experience and I corrected your ignorant thought, instead of you to debunk it you are telling me nobody forced us to study it. How does this correlate with my reply?

Some people can be so dumb, WTF is reading medicine for greed and not for humanity?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by rhymz(m): 1:28am On Nov 09, 2015
lebete3000:

oh another has one has come again IT professional or what do you call it....go on to show your stupidiity, you still haven't answered the question on how you'll manage your miserable life if you have no doctor to attend to you for a week.

Someone is here saying she can do EVERYTHING a doctor does, you're talking of brain tumor...you have a problem with comprehension due to a fault with your receptive signal.

foolish IT consultant.
To start with, I know you are not a medical doctor, it is very clear to me, possibly a wannabe. Secondly, I have no interest in measuring prick with you, I can tell you are kid living off parents and has never worked in real life and mouthing off angrily on a faceless forum.

Apparently you and I are not in the same league, medical doctor or no medical doctor, you are possibly a medical fresher hoping to make a killing from NYSC when it gets to your turn so I don't see how I will be bandying words with a student still getting pocket money from mom and dad.... Wait until you get to my level then we can argue about whose job is more important and deserving of a better pay but for now I won't give you the pleasure of my time again.

And to answer your dumb question, I go for years without seeing a doctor, doctors don't care shit, drugs do. Like I said earlier on, if it comes down to who saves lifes, I will tell you categorically it is the lab scientists, biochemists and industrial chemists in those big pharmaceuticals that everyone should be thankful to..... They are actually the real life savers, we all saw the real deal when Ebola wrecked it's havoc, it took the big P guyz efforts to stop it not doctors who were also stricken by the virus. So shut up and stop bragging.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by rhymz(m): 2:00am On Nov 09, 2015
You lot talk about medicine like it is atomic physics or some profession that only gods can do, sorry to burst your bubbles, there are way more difficult professions that require very high I.Q to keep pace with than medicine. The smartest people are not medical doctors neither are they the most hardworking or have the toughest course load.

The respect accorded to medicine is on the basis of its importance to life nit because it's the most tasking job to do on earth or the most difficult to understand. I am very sure if medicine was so damn difficult, the low I.Q responses I read here from supposed medical students won't be the case. It is like the majority of the doctor wannabes here are in it for bragging rights and exaggerating their importance.

Trust me, no professional job is easy to do as some of you like to make out like if you were a teacher, an Engineer, a banker and all you will pull the sky down with your rare knowledge. Like I told your other colleague, if you do half of what my job entails without proper training, you will develop a brain tumor trying to understand it, Yes.... How's that for a bragging right?

Many of you need to grow up..... Nobody is interested in your remuneration but when a corper medical student start exerting his importance based on the fact that he is a medical doctor and is deserving of more preferential treatment, he needs to be told in clear terms that he is not special, you gained a skill equally as an engineer, an I.T Professional, a Banker, a Lawyer and the likes got theirs, you are not special or have super brain neither are you more deserving than others, if you were special you will as well be able to have their own skills, you are only a doctor, you are not all-in-one so stop sounding like you are. NYSC is a call to service, serve or get out....

Many of you after service work in private hospitals owned by your own colleagues that pay far less, you do double jobs to keep up and then come on NL to brag about how you are the most paid.... I know most of the kids here mouthing off are not real medical doctors in practice anyway, the real medical doctors that are actually in practice know what I am talking about not these opportunists who are yet to pass the necessary medical exams but are quick to brag about being medical doctors... Scheeew.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Nobody: 7:34am On Nov 09, 2015
NiRfreak:
You are a fool if you dont know that a doctor must be certified before he/she is allowed to treat and practice.......doctors can never tak thesame pay as other discipline.....6years plus in school.....one year full time house manship with over night duties.....they are trained and skilled professional and shd be paid and regarded as one.
lolz...ur daddy is a fool my dear

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by lebete3000: 7:45am On Nov 09, 2015
rhymz:
To start with, I know you are not a medical doctor, it is very clear to me, possibly a wannabe. Secondly, I have no interest in measuring prick with you, I can tell you are kid living off parents and has never worked in real life and mouthing off angrily on a faceless forum.

Apparently you and I are not in the same league, medical doctor or no medical doctor, you are possibly a medical fresher hoping to make a killing from NYSC when it gets to your turn so I don't see how I will be bandying words with a student still getting pocket money from mom and dad.... Wait until you get to my level then we can argue about whose job is more important and deserving of a better pay but for now I won't give you the pleasure of my time again.

And to answer your dumb question, I go for years without seeing a doctor, doctors don't care shit, drugs do. Like I said earlier on, if it comes down to who saves lifes, I will tell you categorically it is the lab scientists, biochemists and industrial chemists in those big pharmaceuticals that everyone should be thankful to..... They are actually the real life savers, we all saw the real deal when Ebola wrecked it's havoc, it took the big P guyz efforts to stop it not doctors who were also stricken by the virus. So shut up and stop bragging.

You are too du.mb to be taken seriously.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by sergioclaudio(m): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2015
rhymz:

Bros, I'm just wondering what you mean by 'Big P guys', I hope u know dere ain't cure for ebola yet? It took the efforts of a lot of doctors, nurses and public health physicians (who mostly are doctors by the way) to contain the condition. This stuff is so easy, there is a salary scale and it should be followed. Shikena
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by rhymz(m): 3:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
sergioclaudio:

Bros, I'm just wondering what you mean by 'Big P guys', I hope u know dere ain't cure for ebola yet? It took the efforts of a lot of doctors, nurses and public health physicians (who mostly are doctors by the way) to contain the condition. This stuff is so easy, there is a salary scale and it should be followed. Shikena
I mean the big Pharmaceuticals who were able to develop drugs and methodologies taught to the doctors on how to effectively manage and cure people of the virus. Not to take away from the very important roles by real dedicated doctors and other medical practitioners but the real solution came from the drugs and lab research. Doctors would have been nowhere successful if those industrial lab scientists, biochemists and the likes didn't come in......my point is this, contrary to the egocentric and exaggerated misplaced beliefs of some of the disrespectful kids in Nigerian medical schools blabbing here about being the best thing since slice bread, Doctors do not work in the isolation of their knowledge, there has to be synergy with other professionals both in the medical field and outside of the field for there to be success, so the chest beating and childish bragging about reading in medical school till thy Kingdom come needs to stop.

If you think you are the only one that reads, try interacting with other professionals and see how much you as a doctor does nit know.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by rhymz(m): 3:23pm On Nov 09, 2015
And talking about the salary scale, I understand your point but you should also know that the salary structure does not include the remuneration of copper doctors, CONMESS from my understanding defines the salary structure for Doctors and not corper Doctors so it is not binding on any state government that they must use the CONMESS structure if it comes down to it. That states decide to be reasonable and use the CONMESS structure does not mean it is binding on them by labour laws that corper doctors must get the same remuneration with properly employed medical doctors..... Again, it is service and not a job.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by drsibz66(m): 11:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
SamOgasco:

And how come you now mentioned the name 'Aso Rock' here now? More so where on earth was the nam 'Aso Rock' also mentioned in the post as well?

Abeg keep that of Eboyin to Eboyin, and keep that of Aso Rock to Aso Rock as well.

Thanks.

Sometimes in life we all have to put jealousy aside and think rationally. We youths and leaders of tomorrow must use our heads. The truth is 130k isn't too big for a corper doctor. But its the 5 to 10 paid to other corps that is damn too small.
I refused to be decieved or fooled. The goverment is trying to fool us. Why didn't they slash their allowances ? Why didn't they say docs are receiving 130k , the gap is too much let's bridge the gap by increasing that of other corps.
The medicals are the only corps with exp before service they deserve their pay, it only a fool that will say some pple are being paid well , so its better for us to be underpaid and poor.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by rhymz(m): 5:40am On Nov 10, 2015
drsibz66:

Sometimes in life we all have to put jealousy aside and think rationally. We youths and leaders of tomorrow must use our heads. The truth is 130k isn't too big for a corper doctor. But its the 5 to 10 paid to other corps that is damn too small.
I refused to be decieved or fooled. The goverment is trying to fool us. Why didn't they slash their allowances ? Why didn't they say docs are receiving 130k , the gap is too much let's bridge the gap by increasing that of other corps.
The medicals are the only corps with exp before service they deserve their pay, it only a fool that will say some pple are being paid well , so its better for us to be underpaid and poor.
Like seriously, how much experience to warrant the amount you are talking about here.....the last time I checked, they still work under supervision.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by drsibz66(m): 8:12am On Nov 10, 2015
They all did one year internship. But that's not the arguement. My anger is why slash the pay drastically instead of increasing other corps pay. Its just jealousy that people will be happy that other peoples salaries are being slashed. That's the gospel truth.
We youths of today should change our mindset. The clamour should be increase other people pay to bridge the gap not the other way round. At the end of the its a loose loose situation for us all while the politicians become richer.
By allowing this to happen you all also limited the chances of other corp members pay being increased. Fact .

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by homesteady(m): 8:43am On Nov 10, 2015
rhymz:
Like seriously, how much experience to warrant the amount you are talking about here.....the last time I checked, they still work under supervision.
Supervision by who? Once a doctor is through with his internship, he is fit to practice general medicine, some doctors don't even go further for Residency.

If you read through this thread diligently, you would see doctors talking about how they were even in charge of hospitals during their NYSC.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Feraz(m): 1:59pm On Nov 10, 2015
donodion:

The bolded has always been an issue! grin And to think I lived in peace with a medical student back then in University of Benin. . . grin

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Dimaya: 11:36pm On Nov 10, 2015
People need to understand Simple economics

A doctor has more options than several other professions. :

I served in cross river state and was paid 15 per month. By the end of service year, i had depleted my savings and cross river state owed me 5months salary. If they pay, it will be tomorrow. My professions exams for that year cost me 100k. So, i spent all my nysc money to pay for professional exams. For one year, i was broke, despite knowing that a single cs i did in lagos would pay all i earlier during one year of service.

My parents advised me to reported. My fiancee almost broke up with me be cause of the low income and i was constantly told to use the economic options i had.

I feel we are not being rational here. If your brother had to choose between an offer of performing a surgery in lagos and earning 100k at once, and serving in ebonyi for 11months and not earning up to that in the entire 11months, what would you advice?

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by rhymz(m): 6:18am On Nov 11, 2015
homesteady:

Supervision by who? Once a doctor is through with his internship, he is fit to practice general medicine, some doctors don't even go further for Residency.

If you read through this thread diligently, you would see doctors talking about how they were even in charge of hospitals during their NYSC.
Are you serious? Corper Doctors in charge of hospitals? Abeg can you please name the hospital? The one in NYSC camp I guess. And yes, don't kid yourself, they work under serious supervision, that you interned for a year does not give you the experience to manage people's lives unsupervised? I don't know the kind of doctors you are referring to but when I go to Hospitals, I am very particular about the kind of doctors that treat me, I will be the last person to let an interning doctor handle my case unless it is just to diagnose and maybe offer drugs, for serious cases I won't dare, that's how much experience that I see in them.
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by rhymz(m): 6:27am On Nov 11, 2015
Dimaya:
People need to understand Simple economics

A doctor has more options than several other professions. :

I served in cross river state and was paid 15 per month. By the end of service year, i had depleted my savings and cross river state owed me 5months salary. If they pay, it will be tomorrow. My professions exams for that year cost me 100k. So, i spent all my nysc money to pay for professional exams. For one year, i was broke, despite knowing that a single cs i did in lagos would pay all i earlier during one year of service.

My parents advised me to reported. My fiancee almost broke up with me be cause of the low income and i was constantly told to use the economic options i had.

I feel we are not being rational here. If your brother had to choose between an offer of performing a surgery in lagos and earning 100k at once, and serving in ebonyi for 11months and not earning up to that in the entire 11months, what would you advice?
So what will corpers that are not in the medical field do or say? I served in sokoto myself, besides the federal government stipend from NYSC I didn't get a dime anywhere but I survived even though I was far away in sokoto. NYSC is a service not an employment, many of you complaining always forget that fact.....wait until you get a job then you can talk about remuneration, that's my point... You can't be serving and expecting that you must earn like a gainfully employed Doctor, them no hire you and are not in any position to negotiate salary with you except for the one they can afford to pay you. Ebonyi state government obviously does not have the finance to pay you that much and you have two options either take it as part of service or you redeploy to states that can pay you that much....
Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by Dimaya: 7:29am On Nov 11, 2015
Bros, i was in charge of a general hospital. Even the indigenes of the town knew that. Out of 27 doctors who were posted to cross river state, only 4 of us stayed and we were owed 5months wages. For almost 3months during service year , i was the only doctor in the hospital, attend ing to almost 100villagers monthly and i was doing caesaerian sections successfully. Unlike most other corpers, we already had jobs. I had a job in a private hospital paying me 150k before going to serve.
rhymz:
Are you serious? Corper Doctors in charge of hospitals? Abeg can you please name the hospital? The one in NYSC camp I guess. And yes, don't kid yourself, they work under serious supervision, that you interned for a year does not give you the experience to manage people's lives unsupervised? I don't know the kind of doctors you are referring to but when I go to Hospitals, I am very particular about the kind of doctors that treat me, I will be the last person to let an interning doctor handle my case unless it is just to diagnose and maybe offer drugs, for serious cases I won't dare, that's how much experience that I see in them.

2 Likes

Re: Ebonyi State Slashes Monthly Allowance Of Corper Doctors From N130k To N15k by rhymz(m): 7:35am On Nov 11, 2015
Dimaya:
Bros, i was in charge of a general hospital. Even the indigenes of the town knew that. Out of 27 doctors who were posted to cross river state, only 4 of us stayed and we were owed 5months wages. For almost 3months during service year , i was the only doctor in the hospital, attend ing to almost 100villagers monthly and i was doing caesaerian sections successfully. Unlike most other corpers, we already had jobs. I had a job in a private hospital paying me 150k before going to serve.
Which General Hospital in cross River were you in charge of, I am very curious not that I doubt you but it is very interesting to know that a corper doctor can head a whole general Hospital and be allowed to perform CS operation on pregnant women, it is either there is no standard and ethics in the way medicine is practised in Nigeria or someone is telling a terrible lie here.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Dwarf Corper Leads Parade, Wows Other Corpers (Video) / Is There Any Implication Of Not Going To Youth Service? / A thread for corpers posted to Katsina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.