Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,395 members, 7,808,403 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:31 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (144) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (370940 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 1:09am On Dec 02, 2016
lie lie dolphinheart:

johnw74:

but you can find in Revelation 1:8 that
Jesus is called "the Almighty"

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

dolphinheart:

No I can't find it there, even from the wrong translation that you quoted.

see how you have been blinded,
and only an antichrist would call KJV a wrong translation.

dolphinheart:

That verse is referring to jehovah, who had said he is God almighty. I've told you to read rev 1:1-6 to understand better, but you refuse, you refuse cus it exposes your teachings as false. If you read verses 4-6 carefully you'll see that the one who was, who is and who is to come cannot be jesus, it was God who gave jesus the revelation!.

how great a blindness,
revelation is the testimony of the word-Jesus Christ, not the testimony of the Father, read verses 1-2 again

Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.

false accuser dolphinheart I have read rev 1:1-6, but to you lying and accusing is just speaking naturally
like your god satan does
and of course you cannot understand rev 1-6 you have been blinded, you think Revelation is the testimony of the Father cheesy

dolphinheart:

your forefathers know these , so they had to add some words to verse 8, the verse reads in other translations : "I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty."

my forefathers done a good job with the KJV
antichrists like you opposing it just show how good a job they done

I have no problem with your posted translation either
verse 8 refers of course to the Word-Jesus Christ who is Lord God, the Almighty as I showed you
and will show you again

The testimony of the Word-the Lord Jesus Christ,....not the testimony of the Father smiley

Rev_2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Jesus is the one "which was dead and is alive"
It is Jesus talking, saying: "these things saith the first and the last which was dead and is alive"
Jesus is "the first and the last"

Jesus-The first and the last is Alpha and Omega:

Rev_1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Again it is Jesus-the first and the last speaking:

Rev_1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Again it is Jesus-the first and the last, He is also "the beginning and the ending":

Rev_22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

It certinally is Jesus "Alpha and Omega", "the first and the last", "the beginning and the ending", that John called "the Almighty":

Rev 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty.

you lie lie dolphinheart deny the Son, and are antichrist

you lie lie dolphinheart deny God's inspired written word and are apostate

you lie lie dolphinheart have chosen the Lake of Fire.

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Rev_20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 1:27am On Dec 02, 2016
achorladey:

Perfect, ''there are things that a man can do that a woman cannot do''. There are many things God Almighty will do that Jesus Christ cannot. That is why Jesus christ said with God(Jesus Christ Father) all things are possible. jesus did not say ''with Jesus all things are possible'' rather he said ''with God''.
And paul said he can do all things through christ that strengthens him.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 1:30am On Dec 02, 2016
achorladey:

What is my concern with Jesus not rebuking him, you dont see the rebuke in Jesus' statement after the encounter? Be not faithless, but believing.......John 20:27, blessed are they that have not seen, and yet believed. John 20:29. Please who has ''authority'' between these two(Jesus Christ, Thomas) to tell us who truly Jesus Christ is.
did thomas believe or not.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 2:29am On Dec 02, 2016
dolphinheart:

John says the word was with God, the word cannot be with God and still be that same God he was with!,

of course one of the troubles with you lie lie dolphinheart is that you don't believe the Bible

the Word was with God and was God
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

God here is "elohiym" which is plural, referring to God and Wisdom-the Word
Gen 1:1  In the beginning God(elohiym) created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 
Gen 1:27  So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

verse 27, God created man = let us make man, verse 26

verse 27, in the image of God = in our image, verse 26

Rev 19:13  And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

How could the Word of God be anything but God, the Word could only be called "a god" if He came from "a god"
the Word became flesh
you lie lie call the word of God "a god", you have not the Son or the Father

LORD of LORDS, means there is no LORD above the Word-Jesus Christ
Rev 19:16  And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.
^^^ of course the Word is God. 

dolphinheart:

You quoted some scriptures but none of them said
jesus is God almighty

but in one of them John called Jesus "the Almighty"

Rev 1:8  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. 

Rev 2:8  And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive; 

Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

In 2:8 Jesus-which was dead, and is alive; is called the first and the last,

In 22:13 the first and the last, is the beginning and the end,

In 1:8 the beginning and the ending, who is Jesus, said He is Alpha and Omega,
John called Him "the Almighty"

Revelation is the testimony of the Word-Jesus Christ, not the testimony of the Father smiley 

Rev 1:1  The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: 
Rev 1:2  Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. 

lie lie dolphinheart, you are blinded all over the place
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 3:37am On Dec 02, 2016
solite3:

it does not make him a real God.

christians do not recognise satan as God only blind men do.

dolphinheart:

So the person who called satan "theos" of these world is a blind man , continue!

solite3 said referring to satan being called theos-God: "it does not make him a real God."
solite also said: "christians do not recognise satan as God"

you lie lie dolphinheart opposed what solite said,
meaning you lie lie dolphinheart does not agree with sol that satan is not a real God,
and you do not agree with sol that christians don't recognise satan as God

so obviously to you false jw dolphinheart, satan is God

and you call the Word "a god"

to us satan is "a god" and the Word "is God"

antichrist lie lie dolphinheart, such evil you spew

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 5:11am On Dec 02, 2016
dolphinheart:

We all know who jesus is,

you false jw definately don't know who Jesus is

dolphinheart:

jesus is not almighty God, he is the son of the almighty God,

there is only one Almighty God, and God and the Word is that Almighty God, John 1:1 and more
and you don't believe scripture that shows Father and Son is God,
you can only understand how things are in this your world, and you think the Holy Spirit is not God,
so how could you know any truth, and it's obvious that you don't smiley

dolphinheart:

a different person from the almighty God,

antichrist dolphinheart cannot stop lying against Christ,
Jesus is a diffrent persom from the Father, not a diffrent person from the Almighty God,
who is God and the Word

of course false jw believes in two gods
a mighty god and a almighty god

However the Christian mighty-almighty God is the one true God.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 5:53am On Dec 02, 2016
Barristter07:
Solite3

" And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name."

John 20:30-31

From the verse above was everything including Thomas statement written to belive Jesus is Almighty God ? Or to belive he is the Son of God ? Sincerely answer that.

lie lie barrisster

you believe verse 31 that says Jesus is the Son of God
and you reject verses 28-29 that shows Jesus is Lord and God

Christians believe all of God's word.

Joh 20:27  Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing. 
Joh 20:28  And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. 
Joh 20:29  Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. 
Joh 20:30  And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book: 
Joh 20:31  But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name. 

verse 28 Thomas said: My Lord and my God.
verse 29 but Jesus not only never rebuked Thomas but confirmed that He is Lord and God saying: Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed

Thomas said: My Lord and my God.
Jesus said: Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed
Jesus confirmed to Thomas that He is Lord and God

Barristter07:

Kindly read the bold , this was written to make a true Christian belive Christ is the SON of God , if Jesus is then the Almighty God , is Jesus the son of himself ?

duh, what confusion,
God, is God and the Word, Jesus is the son of the Father, duh again,
both are almighty God, there is only one true God
not two as false jw preach, a mighty and a almighty god
but you lie lie barrisster don't believe the Truth, but believe the changes
witchpower magazine has made to it's corrupted nwt book

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:54am On Dec 02, 2016
solite3:
Believe what?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:23am On Dec 02, 2016
solite3:
And paul said he can do all things through christ that strengthens him.
From where did Jesus get the power to strengthen? Why are we making request to God Almighty in Philippians 4:6 if Jesus can give such on his own? Is the need for strength not part of requests?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 11:47am On Dec 02, 2016
solite3:
Believe what!!!
According to Jesus:
John 20:17 Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God
According to Thomas:
John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.
What is the difference between the ''my God'' in John 20:17 and ''my God'' in John 20:28? Make good use of your contextual meaning before answering. If there are similarities, state them.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
solite3:
show me where Jesus said there is only one God Jehovah

John 17:3

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 7:47pm On Dec 02, 2016
johnw74:

lie lie sarang

Rev_2:8 And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

Jesus is the one "which was dead and is alive"
It is Jesus talking, saying: "these things saith the first and the last which was dead and is alive"
Jesus is "the first and the last"

Jesus-The first and the last is Alpha and Omega:

Rev_1:11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.

Again it is Jesus-the first and the last speaking:

Rev_1:17 And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last:

Again it is Jesus-the first and the last, He is also "the beginning and the ending":

Rev_22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.

It certinally is Jesus "Alpha and Omega", "the first and the last", "the beginning and the ending", that John called "the Almighty":

you lie lie sarang deny the Son, and are antichrist

you lie lie sarang deny God's inspired written word and are apostate

you lie lie sarang have chosen the Lake of Fire.

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also.

Rev_20:15  And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Your problem is just that you cannot bring your own reasoning and lay down just to be criticizing others.

Ataya for u

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2016
johnw74:

of course false jw sarang is truly blinded and cannot stop lying

2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

This seems to be the only scripture part you know grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 7:49pm On Dec 02, 2016
johnw74:

You like lie lie dolphinheart cannot help but lie
no where does scripture say God and the Word are gods
neither did I say God and the Word are god's
but you false jw say they are gods, you lie yet again

and you lie again saying that the Word is "a god" after I have shown from the Bible that Jesus is Alpha and Omega, the Almightry

you are antichrist denying the Son

Jesus is the christ we never deny him.
Jehovah is his father as well.

I don't just understand u. Abeg try reason like person nah

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
achorladey:

What is my concern with Jesus not rebuking him, you dont see the rebuke in Jesus' statement after the encounter? Be not faithless, but believing.......John 20:27, blessed are they that have not seen, and yet believed. John 20:29. Please who has ''authority'' between these two(Jesus Christ, Thomas) to tell us who truly Jesus Christ is.
what did Jesus rebuke him for , was it not because he didnt believe in Jesus on time?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 10:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
achorladey:

Good to know you appreciate contextual meaning, what is the contextual meaning in John 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God.
Why did Jesus not say after blasphemest; ''because I said, I am God'' but said ''because I said, I am the Son of God''? If indeed Jesus was Almighty God.
of course Jesus is the Son of God and that made him God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
solite3:
what did Jesus rebuke him for , was it not because he didnt believe in Jesus on time?
Is it on the time lapse alone?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
solite3:

A mighty one or the almighty? Be specific.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
solite3:
I thought you appreciate contextual meaning, but you are proving me wrong to believe so. Jesus saying ''I am the Son of God'' does not ring a bell to your hearing meaning he was ''categorical'' not mixing his words.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 12:52am On Dec 03, 2016
Sarang:

Your problem is just that you cannot bring your own reasoning and lay down just to be criticizing others.

Ataya for u

Sarang:

This seems to be the only scripture part you know grin

antichrist sarang

typical nonsense from you pharisee jw

and of course I can and have posted many more scriptures than those two that speak of false jw:

2Co_4:4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Joh_8:44  Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

but you false jw love to lie

Here is a few more that speaks of false jw:

2Co 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted,....

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

^^^
those in peters day are the same as today's false jw,
false prophets, false teachers, damnable heresies, denying the Lord,
I couldn't describe false jw any better than Peter did

Sarang:

Jesus is the christ we never deny him.
Jehovah is his father as well.

I don't just understand u. Abeg try reason like person nah

you false jw's cannot help but lie

you false jw sarang said it was not Jesus speaking in some of those Alpha Omega verses.

The testimony of revelation is the testimony of Jesus, no one else was speaking in those verses except John who called Jesus "the Almighty".

Rev 22:7  Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. 

Rev 22:12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 
Rev 22:13  I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. 

Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

^^^
It is Jesus talking to the Churches through His Angel
Revelation is the testimony of Christianity's Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
who antichrist false jw deny, you deny Christ and you deny the Bible,
you hate Jesus-Alpha and Omega, and love your false jesus- a god, a angel, you have not the Father also.

You say you never deny Jesus, but of course you false jw continue to lie,
you antichrist jw's constantly deny Christ, you yourself said in a previous post that one or more of the verses I posted is not Jesus talking, you deny that He is Alpha and Omega and you also deny the Bible that shows He is

Love Is as Strong as Death Is.

Your personal text is ridiculous

God is Love

you say Love is as strong as death

radical islam might agree with you
they say "we love death"

Pro_8:36  But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

lie lie dolphinheart got emotionally upset when I told him that he hates Jesus,
he of course falsely accused me of lying against him.
Truly if you deny Jesus, and lie lie dolphinheart does, as you false jw sarang do, and as all antichrist jw's do, then you hate Jesus,
just like your fore fathers the pharisees did,
you fool yourselves.

Love is as strong as death is, ha

Psa_22:15  My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

Love couldn't be cast into the Lake of Fire
but death and it's lovers will be

Rev_20:14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.....

death will cease to be
but Love endures forever

your pesonal text is typical of false jw rot

false jw sarang post the verses you claim are not Jesus speaking
and I will show you again that you are antichrist in denying the Lord Jesus Christ
and the Bible, and that lying is what you know best

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 6:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
solite3:

That made him a god.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 6:44pm On Dec 03, 2016
johnw74:

antichrist sarang

typical nonsense from you pharisee jw

and of course I can and have posted many more scriptures than those two that speak of false jw:

but you false jw love to lie

Here is a few more that speaks of false jw:

2Co 11:4  For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted,....

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 For such men are false apostles, deceitful workmen, disguising themselves as apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light. So it is no surprise if his servants, also, disguise themselves as servants of righteousness. Their end will correspond to their deeds.

2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

^^^
those in peters day are the same as today's false jw,
false prophets, false teachers, damnable heresies, denying the Lord,
I couldn't describe false jw any better than Peter did

you false jw's cannot help but lie

you false jw sarang said it was not Jesus speaking in some of those Alpha Omega verses.

The testimony of revelation is the testimony of Jesus, no one else was speaking in those verses except John who called Jesus "the Almighty".

Rev 22:7  Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book. 

Rev 22:12  And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 

Rev 22:16  I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.

^^^
It is Jesus talking to the Churches through His Angel
Revelation is the testimony of Christianity's Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ
who antichrist false jw deny, you deny Christ and you deny the Bible,
you hate Jesus-Alpha and Omega, and love your false jesus- a god, a angel, you have not the Father also.

You say you never deny Jesus, but of course you false jw continue to lie,
you antichrist jw's constantly deny Christ, you yourself said in a previous post that one or more of the verses I posted is not Jesus talking, you deny that He is Alpha and Omega and you also deny the Bible that shows He is

Love Is as Strong as Death Is.

Your personal text is ridiculous

God is Love

you say Love is as strong as death

radical islam might agree with you
they say "we love death"

Pro_8:36  But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

lie lie dolphinheart got emotionally upset when I told him that he hates Jesus,
he of course falsely accused me of lying against him.
Truly if you deny Jesus, and lie lie dolphinheart does, as you false jw sarang do, and as all antichrist jw's do, then you hate Jesus,
just like your fore fathers the pharisees did,
you fool yourselves.

Love is as strong as death is, ha

Psa_22:15  My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

Love couldn't be cast into the Lake of Fire
but death and it's lovers will be

Rev_20:14  And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire.....

death will cease to be
but Love endures forever

your pesonal text is typical of false jw rot

false jw sarang post the verses you claim are not Jesus speaking
and I will show you again that you are antichrist in denying the Lord Jesus Christ
and the Bible, and that lying is what you know best

Song of Solomon 8:6 Place me as a seal upon your heart,As a seal upon your arm,For love is as strong as death is,And exclusive devotion is as unyielding as the Grave. Its flames are a blazing fire, the flame of Jah.

7 Surging waters cannot extinguish love,Nor can rivers wash it away.

Read your bible

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Sarang(f): 6:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
brocab:
I want you to know that all scriptures are written in the bible
{1 Corinthians 11:3}I want you to realise that the head of every man is Christ, and the the head of a woman is man, and the Head of Christ is God.

Maybe they are not seeing this.The head of the Christ is God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Joradjohn1(m): 7:07pm On Dec 03, 2016
Sadly for you Jehovahs Witnesses have been caught telling public lies over and over again, so what lies did they tell oh wait that's right THEY PREDICTED the coming of Jesus countless times yet were ALWAYS WRONG! They use to celebrate Christmas but suddenly claim they NEVER DID! They are actually a cult why? Because they only make REAL friends between THEMSELVES and they ONLY marry between THEMSELVES, I mean seriously how sick are these guys? Look, just because a wolf looks like a sheep doesn't make the wolf a sheep #FACT!

2 Likes

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:14pm On Dec 03, 2016
achorladey:

Is it on the time lapse alone?
what other thing did Jesus rebuke him for? Did he rebuke him for calling him God? Yes or no.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 03, 2016
achorladey:

A mighty one or the almighty? Be specific.
God is God nothing like mighty God and another Almighty God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
achorladey:

I thought you appreciate contextual meaning, but you are proving me wrong to believe so. Jesus saying ''I am the Son of God'' does not ring a bell to your hearing meaning he was ''categorical'' not mixing his words.
Jesus did not mince words when he said he and his father are one and the jews understood Jesus well. Jews understood what Jesus meant when he said he was the son of God they know Jesus was equating himself with God thats why they wanted to kill him.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
Sarang:

That made him a god.
how many gods do you now have?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
Joradjohn1:
Sadly for you Jehovahs Witnesses have been caught telling public lies over and over again, so what lies did they tell oh wait that's right THEY PREDICTED the coming of Jesus countless times yet were ALWAYS WRONG! They use to celebrate Christmas but suddenly claim they NEVER DID! They are actually a cult why? Because they only make REAL friends between THEMSELVES and they ONLY marry between THEMSELVES, I mean seriously how sick are these guys? Look, just because a wolf looks like a sheep doesn't make the wolf a sheep #FACT!
one thing you should know about jw org is that they are liars

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 9:59pm On Dec 03, 2016
solite3:
Jesus did not mince words when he said he and his father are one and the jews understood Jesus well. Jews understood what Jesus meant when he said he was the son of God they know Jesus was equating himself with God thats why they wanted to kill him.
Your repeating what you ve said earlier. Give me something new. When Jesus said am son of God how does that equate to been the Almighty God?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:23pm On Dec 03, 2016
solite3:
God is God nothing like mighty God and another Almighty God.
The supreme being of the universe is addressed as '' God Almighty''
Exodus 6:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name JEHOVAH was I not known to them.
The child given/born to mankind is called ''mighty God''.
Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Please is your statement above correct? A. YES B. NO. C. Deny(the easiest escape route)
Note: When responding to questions don't act like someone frustrated. I see frustration written all over the response to my last comment. Expecting your answers on this one though.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by achorladey: 10:38pm On Dec 03, 2016
solite3:
what other thing did Jesus rebuke him for? Did he rebuke him for calling him God? Yes or no.
That Jesus discern enough that Thomas still has 'doubt' despite many powerful works Jesus must have done in his presence as ''son of God'' is enough rebuke for me. It is not until Jesus say ''I am not your God''. Just like you think Jesus silence consent to Jesus been God, same way Jesus silence consent to mean '' I am not your God''. Please since when did Sarah calling Abraham ''his Lord'' made Abraham a God to Sarah? What day/month/year?

(1) (2) (3) ... (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) (147) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "The Most Essential Task" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.