Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,667 members, 7,801,927 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:09 AM

Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them - Religion (167) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them (369824 Views)

Examining Talk That Jehovah's Witnesses Are The Only Ones Preaching Out There / Ghanaian Man Chases Jehovah's Witnesses Out Of His House By Stripping Unclad / What Is Your Reaction When Jehovah Witnesses Knock On Your Door? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (278) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 4:02am On Dec 07, 2017
Crysthaniel:
Moses warn the Israelites that their God is one God deutronomey6:4

Deu_6:4  Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
Joh_10:30  I and my Father are one.
Joh 1:1  In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Joh_14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

God and the Word is that one LORD-God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 4:14am On Dec 07, 2017
Stick around bro, there are plenty of JW's coming to play God..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 6:05am On Dec 07, 2017
Crysthaniel:
if Jesus now Is the God , why did he pray everytime he wanted to perform the miracles.. Especially the one of Lazarus?? Jesus truly say his motives for praying before he say words to Lazarus John 11:41-42 he wanted all to know that he is not the one doing the works that there is a father greater than him in the heaven who has sent him to the earth. John14:28.:john 17:3

yes Father(Spirit) is greater than Son(flesh), and both is God
and i know that you false jw neither believe or understand God's word.

as separate persons Jesus considers Father superior to Himself(Son),
Spirit is superior to flesh
and as God(the Word), Jesus considers Himself equal to Father:

Php_2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God

in the flesh Jesus is in the form of God, is an exact likeness of God,
of course in the Spirit Jesus is God, in the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

johnw74:
More facts people should know about the antichrist jehovahs witnesses sect.

false jw say the Word Jesus Christ is not God, the Holy Spirit is not God

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Psa 33:6 By the word of the LORD were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of his mouth.

Joh 1:3 All things were made by him(the Word); and without him(the Word) was not any thing made that was made.

God created = the Spirit of God moved = by the word of the LORD = by His breath(Spirit) = him(the Word)
The Word of God is the Spirit of God, He is the Holy Spirit

God(Father and Son) is a Spirit
Joh_4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

God and the Word is the Holy Spirit
Joh_14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

God and the Word is God
Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 9:02am On Dec 07, 2017

you are doing well by yourself
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:33pm On Dec 07, 2017
Maybe, but it's always good to have the helping hand.Plus the JW's are flocking in from all directions.
johnw74:

you are doing well by yourself

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 9:58pm On Dec 07, 2017
brocab:
Maybe, but it's always good to have the helping hand.Plus the JW's are flocking in from all directions.

Think about this.. JESUS died while on earth... Can God Almighty die?? And shortly before dying he said that the father should forgive his enemies means that only father can forgive sins... If Jesus is God now can this things happen?? Also remember that model prayer at Matt 6.. Jesus prayed that his father's name in the heaven be sanctified.. If Jesus is now God, will he pray at all

The verse John 1:1 note very well first said was with God.. Meaning there are 2 up there not 1.. Now coming to say that the word was God is not a fact but translators let their belief shadow their rendition...

Also I and my father are one.. Note THIS very well means that at least there are two.. The father and son.. And what do you think can you say that you and your father are the Same NO? but you are one in sense that you bear the same characters and always are in one team which yr father is the Head coach... And as an obedient child you always act in accordance with your father's instructions...
Note John 1:14 says that
So the Word became flesh and
resided among us, and we had a view of
his glory, a glory such as belongs to an
only-begotten son from a father; and
he was full of divine favor and truth. ... 2 things to consider here are 1 only begotten son. 2.full of divine favor.. What do you think about this verses in connection with John 1:1? Do you now see that there is translation error?
The bottom line is that Jehovah and his Son, Jesus, worked closely
together for billions of years before the heavens
and the earth were created. They must have
loved each other very much! ( John 3:35; 14:31 )
Jesus imitated his father’s qualities so well that
the Bible calls him “the image of the invisible
God.”​—Colossians 1:15 ....

What happened was that Jehovah’s precious Son was willing to leave
heaven and be born on earth as a human. How
was that possible? Jehovah miraculously
transferred his Son’s life from heaven to the
womb of a virgin named Mary. In this way, Jesus
did not need to have a human father. So Mary
gave birth to a perfect son, and she called him
Jesus.​— Luke 1:30-35 ... Please read this verses Luke 4:1-11
1. Then Jesus was led by the spirit up
into the wilderness to be tempted by
the Devil. After he had fasted for
40 days and 40 nights, he felt hungry.
And the Tempter approached and
said to him: “If you are a son of God, tell
these stones to become loaves of bread.”
But he answered: “It is written: ‘Man
must live, not on bread alone, but on
every word that comes from Jehovah’s
mouth.’”
Then the Devil took him along into
the holy city, and he stationed him on
the battlement of the temple
and said to him: “If you are a son of
God, throw yourself down, for it is
written: ‘He will give his angels a
command concerning you,’ and, ‘They
will carry you on their hands, so that you
may not strike your foot against a
stone.’” Jesus said to him: “Again
it is written: ‘You must not put
Jehovah your God to the test.’”
Again the Devil took him along to
an unusually high mountain and showed
him all the kingdoms of the world and
their glory. And he said to him:
“All these things I will give you if you fall
down and do an act of worship to me.”
Then Jesus said to him: “Go away,
Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah
your God you must worship, and it is
to him alone you must render sacred
service.’” Then the Devil left
him, and look! angels came and began
to minister to him

Bottom line if Jesus is God can Satan EVEN DARE TO TEMPT Him?? Also note Jesus replies in obedience to jehovah his father...

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:25pm On Dec 07, 2017
Crysthaniel:

Think about this.. JESUS died while on earth... Can God Almighty die??

Jesus flesh body died, Jesus in Spirit(the Word) can not die, "and the Word was God"

Crysthaniel:
And shortly before dying he said that the father should forgive his enemies means that only father can forgive sins...

Mat 9:2  And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee

Mat 9:6  But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house. 

Crysthaniel:
The verse John 1:1 note very well first said was with God.. Meaning there are 2 up there not 1..Also I and my father are one..

yes Father and Son are two persons, duh, and they are one God,
try believing the verses i have already posted showing that God is one,
and that the Father and the son are one, of course you won't understand without God's Spirit
but that's the path you have chosen.

you don't believe the verses posted showing that Jesus is God,
but of course false jw don't believe God, and here is some more verses showing that Jesus is God:

Jehovah
Psa 102:25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.

Jesus
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Jehovah
Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Jesus
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jehovah
Deu 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Jesus
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Incidentally, see at Deut 17:14 God is referred to as a mighty God, and we know that God is also referred to as Almighty God, they are not two gods, a mighty god and an almighty God as false jw say.

Jehovah
Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Jesus
Rev 1:11  Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Rev 1:12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Jehovah
Psa 130:7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
Psa 130:8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Jesus
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Jehovah
Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Jesus
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Jehovah
Joe 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Jesus
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:31am On Dec 08, 2017
Good on you bro, these JW's love you dearly, and I am sure you are well and truly needed here.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 5:37am On Dec 08, 2017
What happened to you bro, are you searching for love, what made you disbelieve in the truth? If you are looking for answers read the bible.
I have written down the Word of God, and still you refuse it, do yourself a favor, test the spirit, do you know God speaks to us through the bible, did you know flesh wars against the Spirit, and you brother are warring against the Word of God, you are trying to work the scriptures out through your mind, the mind can only work so far, while the Spirit can work much further.
Brother you need to become a born again believer before you can understand the Spirit of the Lord, Jesus said< one must be born of water and the spirit before he can enter into the kingdom of God {John 3:5}
As a man Jesus can forgive sins against Him, Jesus asked the Father to forgive them, Just like we do, we forgive those who sinned against us, we pray to the Father as men.
If you were to read {Matthew 10:28} Do not be afraid of those who can kill the body, but cannot kill the soul. So your answer to this question is "No the Spirit can not die..
It shows you haven't any interest to learn the scriptures, Emmanuel was born to save the world.
This scripture>I and the Father are one, is taken out in a Spiritual term, it is impossible for two fleshly men to become one, but it isn't impossible for one man and one Spirit to become one. God said let Us make man in our image, We are all made, man and "soul..
{Leviticus 26:11-12} 'Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul will not reject you. I will also walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people.
Don't forget no-one has seen God at any time, because God is Spirit, and the Spirit of God walked among us.
{John 1:14} And Jesus was made flesh and walked among us.
Did you know Jesus never worked alone, He seed was God's seed, He relied upon the Father everything He said and done, "Jesus was given authority from the beginning, before Abraham was born I am, Jesus had all power to be God.
As a man He claimed God is His Father, and God said to Him, your throne O God is forever and forever {Hebrews 1:8} God called Jesus His God, And yet In {Isaiah 42:8} God won't give His glory to another.
This makes so much sense-if God doesn't share Himself with another, then God's glory belongs to Himself, and God Himself lived among men in the flesh? So Emmanuel became a man just to save us sinners.
Crysthaniel:

Bottom line if Jesus is God can Satan EVEN DARE TO TEMPT Him?? Also note Jesus replies in obedience to jehovah his father...

Yes as a man we are tempted, if you bow down to me, I will give you all these kingdoms, and Jesus said: get behind Me Satan, you shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve..Jesus showed Satan, He has the authority in heaven and on earth.
Not Satan.

Satan picked on Jesus as a man alone in the desert, this is how Satan works, Satan test God's people everyday, how many of us actually walk on the highways, and not on the narrow, are we growing in Christ, by their fruit we will know them. Satan tempted Him and had failed.
Just in Jesus's name is full of power, no-one can cast out the demonic without Jesus's name. What other name is their that have greater strength then Jesus's name, the scriptures tells us we can't use Jehovah God's name to cast out demonic spirits?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 7:02am On Dec 08, 2017
brocab:
What happened to you bro, are you searching for love, what made you disbelieve in the truth? If you are looking for answers read the bible.
I have written down the Word of God, and still you refuse it, do yourself a favor, test the spirit, do you know God speaks to us through the bible, did you know flesh wars against the Spirit, and you brother are warring against the Word of God, you are trying to work the scriptures out through your mind, the mind can only work so far, while the Spirit can work much further.
Brother you need to become a born again believer before you can understand the Spirit of the Lord, Jesus said< one must be born of water and the spirit before he can enter into the kingdom of God {John 3:5}
As a man Jesus can forgive sins against Him, Jesus asked the Father to forgive them, Just like we do, we forgive those who sinned against us, we pray to the Father as men.
If you were to read {Matthew 10:28} Do not be afraid of those who can kill the body, but cannot kill the soul. So your answer to this question is "No the Spirit can not die..
It shows you haven't any interest to learn the scriptures, Emmanuel was born to save the world.
This scripture>I and the Father are one, is taken out in a Spiritual term, it is impossible for two fleshly men to become one, but it isn't impossible for one man and one Spirit to become one. God said let Us make man in our image, We are all made, man and "soul..
{Leviticus 26:11-12} 'Moreover, I will make My dwelling among you, and My soul will not reject you. I will also walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people.
Don't forget no-one has seen God at any time, because God is Spirit, and the Spirit of God walked among us.
{John 1:14} And Jesus was made flesh and walked among us.
Did you know Jesus never worked alone, He seed was God's seed, He relied upon the Father everything He said and done, "Jesus was given authority from the beginning, before Abraham was born I am, Jesus had all power to be God.
As a man He claimed God is His Father, and God said to Him, your throne O God is forever and forever {Hebrews 1:8} God called Jesus His God, And yet In {Isaiah 42:8} God won't give His glory to another.
This makes so much sense-if God doesn't share Himself with another, then God's glory belongs to Himself, and God Himself lived among men in the flesh? So Emmanuel became a man just to save us sinners.

Yes as a man we are tempted, if you bow down to me, I will give you all these kingdoms, and Jesus said: get behind Me Satan, you shall worship the Lord your God and Him only you shall serve..Jesus showed Satan, He has the authority in heaven and on earth.
Not Satan.

Satan picked on Jesus as a man alone in the desert, this is how Satan works, Satan test God's people everyday, how many of us actually walk on the highways, and not on the narrow, are we growing in Christ, by their fruit we will know them.
Just in Jesus's name is full of power, no-one can cast out the demonic without Jesus's name. Satan tempted Him and had failed..

All you do is abuse we jehovah's witnesses bro..

I hope that you finally come to know the truth about this... Ai cannot force you bro..

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:04am On Dec 08, 2017
Again without you reading the topic you call it abuse cool
Crysthaniel:

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:26am On Dec 08, 2017
I am glad you aren't forcing me, bro, you are not seeing the picture, because you don't have the Spirit to see it, No-one is insulting anybody, if you are expecting people to listen to you, then at least come up with facts not fiction.
I have travelled to the darkest side of the moon, and I found Kingdom hall is planted smack in the middle of it all;
I have witnessed the truth to the lost sheep around every corner, and there's no other truth that could be found, other then the written Word of God.
You brother need saving, you need to turn your ways, away from your self loved life, and turn for Christ, because your kingdom hall will keep you walking the highways blinded, and you will never find the narrow road, you will never see Christ, nor will you ever know Christ to be your Lord and savour.
Crysthaniel:

I hope that you finally come to know the truth about this... Ai cannot force you bro..
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 7:34am On Dec 08, 2017
brocab:
I am glad you aren't forcing me, bro, you are not seeing the picture, because you don't have the Spirit to see it, No-one is insulting anybody, if you are expecting people to listen to you, then at least come up with facts not fiction.
I have travelled to the darkest side of the moon, and I found Kingdom hall is planted smack in the middle of it all;
I have witnessed the truth to the lost sheep around every corner, and there's no other truth that could be found, other then the written Word of God.
You brother need saving, you need to turn your ways, away from your self loved life, and turn for Christ, because your kingdom hall will keep you walking the highways blinded, and you will never find the narrow road, you will never see Christ, nor will you ever know Christ to be your Lord and savour.

Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by johnw74: 11:08pm On Dec 08, 2017
www.nairaland.com/attachments/3715920_immanuel_gif1cf4afcd7cb4fdeb29bc4953da4603d6

Mat 1:22  Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, 
Mat 1:23  Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Mar 2:5  When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
(Mar 2:6  But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,
Mar 2:7  Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only?
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 12:47am On Dec 24, 2017
Tomorrow is a day the Catholic Church had made Christmas day as a day to worship the Sun, but the rest of the world see's the 25th is a day to celebrate the Son.
One day of the year, by law we celebrate the birth of Christ, some people celebrate Santa-it doesn't concern us what day Christ was born-it matters we recognise that Christ is alive in our hearts-now and forevermore.
This is a time the world had made Christmas to be, when we spend our time with Him, family and friends, some prefer to be alone, others have no choice, ask the Lord to open a door for you, so you won't be alone for His day and your day will be celebrated the way you decide it to be.
{Matthew 22:9-10} So go to the main highways that lead out of the city, and invite to the wedding feast as many as you find.’ Those servants went out into the streets and gathered together all the people they could find, both bad and good; so the wedding hall was filled with dinner guests [sitting at the banquet table].But go out unto the streets and find as many as you can find and bring them into my place
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Introverted1(m): 8:39am On Mar 08, 2018
Jehovah's witnesses can be very persistent when it comes to winning souls, and that can be annoying..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLinVfKU-XI
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Preskhalifa(m): 1:52pm On Aug 21, 2018
Nicolars:
Jw ar actually not bad

People just critisizes them bcus they preach d truth

And wat now surprises me is dat, no matter wat they say, they always back it up with d bible, hw come they ar false xtians
I agree Jehovah's witness might be true. I don't really like them but they are decent people

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Preskhalifa(m): 2:12pm On Aug 21, 2018
[url][/url][url][/url][url][/url][color=#990000][/color]
EVILFOREST:
I WITNESS JEHOVAH but am not a member.
I LOVE them so much because,
---Of all the CHRISTAIN denominations....
They are the MOST Enlightened, Educated, Exposed.
It is usually difficult to SPOT the Illiterates among them.

They train their KIDS to be resourceful in future
They are good at PUBLIC SPEAKING.
They dress modest.
They rarely give in, to the changes of the new age.

They study the BIBLE more than any other denomination.

Above all they have the BEST EVANGELISM network, involving both the rich and the poor. (youngest and oldest)
Their CLERGYMEN talk cautiously, unlike many others who talk back at the congregation carelessly.
Never MONEY driven nor conscious.

I always entertained them right from my CHILDHOOD and I have learnt a lot.
I just wish I can worship GOD, the way they do.
MOST times I feel ashamed as a christain when I see them.
I see them as CHRISTAIN EXTREMISTS.
I hope to pay them a visit soonest.

I Love them.

They are false teachers this cannot be argued they have preached the end will come soon and made lots of predictions but none of them came true.
You might think that the jw are actually good but I have known some jw who smoke.

They even say stuffs that make me laugh like they say only 144,000 will go to heaven. This is so funny because the watch tower statistics show that the number of "anointed ones" is rising and and increasing yearly so if this continues for some few decades, The number of people who claim to be anointed would be greater than 144,000. I'm sure by that time the jw's would know they have made a lot of mistakes.
No wonder their population growth is stagnant.

I too used to believe them and followed them like a puppet. I was this close to getting baptised but thanks to the grace of God I found a very good website which is www.jwfacts.com this website was an eye opener I regret ever believing the jw's.

pls click to be freed from the false teaching of the Jehovah's witnesses.

www.jwfacts.com
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Preskhalifa(m): 2:13pm On Aug 21, 2018
[url][/url][url][/url][url][/url][url][/url][color=#990000][/color]
EVILFOREST:
I WITNESS JEHOVAH but am not a member.
I LOVE them so much because,
---Of all the CHRISTAIN denominations....
They are the MOST Enlightened, Educated, Exposed.
It is usually difficult to SPOT the Illiterates among them.

They train their KIDS to be resourceful in future
They are good at PUBLIC SPEAKING.
They dress modest.
They rarely give in, to the changes of the new age.

They study the BIBLE more than any other denomination.

Above all they have the BEST EVANGELISM network, involving both the rich and the poor. (youngest and oldest)
Their CLERGYMEN talk cautiously, unlike many others who talk back at the congregation carelessly.
Never MONEY driven nor conscious.

I always entertained them right from my CHILDHOOD and I have learnt a lot.
I just wish I can worship GOD, the way they do.
MOST times I feel ashamed as a christain when I see them.
I see them as CHRISTAIN EXTREMISTS.
I hope to pay them a visit soonest.

I Love them.

They are false teachers this cannot be argued they have preached the end will come soon and made lots of predictions but none of them came true.
You might think that the jw are actually good but I have known some jw who smoke.

They even say stuffs that make me laugh like they say only 144,000 will go to heaven. This is so funny because the watch tower statistics show that the number of "anointed ones" is rising and and increasing yearly so if this continues for some few decades, The number of people who claim to be anointed would be greater than 144,000. I'm sure by that time the jw's would know they have made a lot of mistakes.
No wonder their population growth is stagnant.

I too used to believe them and followed them like a puppet. I was this close to getting baptised but thanks to the grace of God I found a very good website which is www.jwfacts.com this website was an eye opener I regret ever believing the jw's.

pls click to be freed from the false teaching of the Jehovah's witnesses.

www.jwfacts.com

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Crysthaniel(m): 1:04am On Oct 11, 2018
johnw74:

Jesus flesh body died, Jesus in Spirit(the Word) can not die, "and the Word was God"

Mat 9:2  And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee

Mat 9:6  But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (then saith he to the sick of the palsy,) Arise, take up thy bed, and go unto thine house. 

yes Father and Son are two persons, duh, and they are one God,
try believing the verses i have already posted showing that God is one,
and that the Father and the son are one, of course you won't understand without God's Spirit
but that's the path you have chosen.

you don't believe the verses posted showing that Jesus is God,
but of course false jw don't believe God, and here is some more verses showing that Jesus is God:

Jehovah
Psa 102:25 Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.

Jesus
Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

Jehovah
Isa 45:23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

Jesus
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Jehovah
Deu 10:17 For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Jesus
Rev 17:14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

Incidentally, see at Deut 17:14 God is referred to as a mighty God, and we know that God is also referred to as Almighty God, they are not two gods, a mighty god and an almighty God as false jw say.

Jehovah
Isa 44:6 Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

Jesus
Rev 1:11  Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
Rev 1:12  And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks;
Rev 1:13  And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

Jehovah
Psa 130:7 Let Israel hope in the LORD: for with the LORD there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption.
Psa 130:8 And he shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Jesus
Tit 2:14 Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.

Jehovah
Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.

Jesus
Rev 1:7 Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Jehovah
Joe 2:32 And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered: for in mount Zion and in Jerusalem shall be deliverance, as the LORD hath said, and in the remnant whom the LORD shall call.

Jesus
Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

long time friend
Please read 1corinthians15 verse 23-29
Also about the alpha and omega issue for Jehovah's case he is the only true the first and the last True God of all of us Psalms 90:2 from Everlasting to Everlasting also Isaiah 44:6 but for Jesus case Jesus can be also referred to as an alpha and omega at Revelation 1:​17, 18 and2:8. In these verses, the context shows that the one referred to died and later returned to life. Thus, these verses cannot refer to God because he has never died. (Habakkuk 1:​12) However, Jesus died and was resurrected. (Acts 3:​13-​15) He was the first human to be resurrected to immortal spirit life in heaven, where he now lives “forever and ever.” (Revelation 1:​18; Colossians 1:​18) Jesus is the one who performs all resurrections thereafter. (John 6:​40, 44) Therefore, he was the last one to be resurrected directly by Jehovah. (Acts 10:40) In this sense, Jesus can properly be called “the First and the Last.”

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 9:00am On Oct 20, 2018
Start with reading a bible? It's pretty simple to work things out-if you had accepted Christ in the first place-but because of your refusal-than all you have left is the watchtower, not much to argue about..
The NWT bible agrees that Jesus is God-but verbally-you can't accept it, so if your can't accept the truth from your bible-then this argument isn't worth bible time.
{John 19:30} “It is finished!” And He bowed His head and gave up His spirit. Jesus’ body, not His spirit, died and was buried later in the tomb of Joseph of Arimathea {John 19:38-42}
It was His body the spear entered into His side.
It was His hands and feet that were nailed to the cross.
It was His back that was raw from the Roman's whip.
His head wore the thorns, It was His body that died-not His spirit. God is spirit!
The scripture reveals that we have a body and a spirit. It tells us that our bodies are dead without a spirit.
Crysthaniel:
long time friend
Please read 1corinthians15 verse 23-29
Also about the alpha and omega issue for Jehovah's case he is the only true the first and the last True God of all of us Psalms 90:2 from Everlasting to Everlasting also Isaiah 44:6 but for Jesus case Jesus can be also referred to as an alpha and omega at Revelation 1:​17, 18 and2:8. In these verses, the context shows that the one referred to died and later returned to life. Thus, these verses cannot refer to God because he has never died. (Habakkuk 1:​12) However, Jesus died and was resurrected. (Acts 3:​13-​15) He was the first human to be resurrected to immortal spirit life in heaven, where he now lives “forever and ever.” (Revelation 1:​18; Colossians 1:​18) Jesus is the one who performs all resurrections thereafter. (John 6:​40, 44) Therefore, he was the last one to be resurrected directly by Jehovah. (Acts 10:40) In this sense, Jesus can properly be called “the First and the Last.”

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 1:07pm On Oct 20, 2018
johnw74:

just some:

Joh 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Heb 1:8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom

Mat 1:23 Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Act 20:28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

"God is spirit" LIAR .
"God is a spirit" John 4:24.
God Almighty Yahweh no get blood. A spirit has no blood
"For God so loved the y world that HE gave His only begotten son" ," the blood of Jesus his son" to die for our sins John3:16. 1st Jn1:7.

The Almighty God, Yahweh , can NEVER die. 1 tim 6'16. Ps90:2.

Your God is not YAHWEH.

So, your God died ? Kpele... Take heart.

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 1:45am On Oct 21, 2018
When we need something from God we go straight to our bibles to receive our knowledge.
That's what normally happens.
It happens more with those who actually believe the Word of God is all truth, and nothing but the truth.
When I search the scriptures, I like to see-how the scriptures are written even if it means, I read from different bibles. So before you come at anybody with your disbelief's, check your bible first..
In word the JW's agree that Jesus is God coming back-but verbally they disagree? Obviously the Watchtower made a terrible mistake-because the Watchtower scholars had agreed 'and of course they believed, God became man in the flesh?
NWT bible {Revelation 1:8, Revelation 22:20} I am the Alpha and the Omega Says Jehovah" God' the One who is, and who was, and who is coming, the Almighty"..and then in Verse 22-20 The one bears witness of these things say's, "Yes. I am coming quickly."'
"Amen! Come, Lord Jesus...
NWT bible {1 John 5:20} But we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given us insight" so that we may gain the knowledge of the One who is true. And we are in union with the One who is true, by means of His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting!
OneJ:

"God is spirit" LIAR.
"God is a spirit" John 4:24.
God Almighty Yahweh no get blood. A spirit has no blood
"For God so loved the y world that HE gave His only begotten son" ," the blood of Jesus his son" to die for our sins John3:16. 1st Jn1:7.

The Almighty God, Yahweh , can NEVER die. 1 tim 6'16. Ps90:2.

Your God is not YAHWEH.

So, your God died ? Kpele... Take heart.
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Kolanist(m): 1:41pm On Oct 21, 2018
Johovah's witnesses compare in your own bible Isaiah40:3 & Matthew3:3.
Isaiah40:3 says that someone would come and prepare the way for Jehovah ,Matthew3:3 says that John the baptist is the one it was written to prepare the way for Jehovah and guess what -John came to prepare the way for Jesus Christ
for more browse
1- http://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/readtract.asp?stk=1090
2- http://www.chick.com/m/reading/tracts/readtract.asp?stk=0026

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 10:21pm On Oct 21, 2018
brocab:
When we need something from God we go straight to our bibles to receive our knowledge.
That's what normally happens.
It happens more with those who actually believe the Word of God is all truth, and nothing but the truth.
When I search the scriptures, I like to see-how the scriptures are written even if it means, I read from different bibles. So before you come at anybody with your disbelief's, check your bible first..
In word the JW's agree that Jesus is God coming back-but verbally they disagree? Obviously the Watchtower made a terrible mistake-because the Watchtower scholars had agreed 'and of course they believed, God became man in the flesh?
NWT bible {Revelation 1:8, Revelation 22:20} I am the Alpha and the Omega Says Jehovah" God' the One who is, and who was, and who is coming, the Almighty"..and then in Verse 22-20 The one bears witness of these things say's, "Yes. I am coming quickly."'
"Amen! Come, Lord Jesus...
NWT bible {1 John 5:20} But we know that the Son of God has come, and He has given us insight" so that we may gain the knowledge of the One who is true. And we are in union with the One who is true, by means of His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and life everlasting!

The problem is U always read the Bible with a mindset to cherry pick specific verses that U can twist/misinterprete to justify what U want to believe, even when other Bible verses contradict your belief.
The holy scripture is harmonious from Genesis to Revelation
Your heart wont see the truth even if Jesus read it to U from the Bible.. Or Prove me wrong
Let's start.
1) "In word JWs agree that Jesus is God coming back..." FALSE.. U lied.

2) Is 1John 5:20 saying that Jesus is God?
v5 "Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the son of God"
v20" But We know that the son of God has come that.... we may gain the knowledge of the true one...."
Let Jesus speak: " Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent" John 17:3, corresponds to 1 John 5:20. Jesus did not call himself. "the only true God"
Jehovah (Yahweh) is the only true God. Ps83:18.
Make U no dey lie against Jesus.

Does Rev 1:8. 22:20 mean that Jesus himself is Jehovah?
Brief recess. I will be back)

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 11:25pm On Oct 21, 2018
OneJ:

The problem is U always read the Bible with a mindset to cherry pick specific verses that U can twist/misinterprete to justify what U want to believe, even when other Bible verses contradict your belief.
Your heart wont see the truth even if Jesus read it to U from the Bible.. Or Prove me wrong
Let's start.

v5 "Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the son of God"
v20" But We know that the son of God has come that.... we may gain the knowledge of the true one...."
Let Jesus speak: " Now this is eternal life: that they may know you, the ONLY TRUE GOD, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent" John 17:3, corresponds to 1 John 5:20. Jesus did not call himself. "the only true God"

Let Jesus speak for himself.
"The Father (Yahweh ) loves the son and has placed (given) EVERYTHING IN HIS HANDS" John 3:35.

"ALL AUTHORITY HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME in heaven and on earth" Matt 28:18.

"I am come in my Father's name" John 5:43 (KJV).

"I have come in my Father's authority "John 5:43 (GoodNews Translation)

https:www.merriam-webster.com
In someone's name ,definition.

"used to say something is done with the authority of a specified person "

"God (Yahweh) made Jesus both lord and Christ" Acts 2:36.

Any name /title that Jesus bears whether in heaven or on earth, Jesus himself has confirmed that it is by Yahweh's expressed permission.
Jesus is not YAHWEH, therefore, he testified that Yahweh gave him EVERY THING...

To suggest or imply that God Almighty was granted power & authority in heaven is very absurd & stupid.

Anybody who believes that rooster & bull trash must be high on something....

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 3:19am On Oct 22, 2018
Listen to OneJ he is arguing against his own bible? "why don't you admit someone in the Watchtower made a big mistake.
I just happened to see a door open for the picking-and if anybody would like to join, its a open page!
{Revelation 1:8, Revelation 22:20} I am the Alpha and the Omega Says Jehovah" God' the One who is, and who was, and who is coming, the Almighty"..and then in Verse 22-20 The one bears witness of these things say's, "Yes. I am coming quickly."' "Amen! Come, Lord Jesus...
So who's coming? Is God coming or is Jesus coming?
I suppose it makes life a little easier when searching the scriptures, I found the NWT bible contradicts itself in some sentences and others it spells it out clearly 'whom Jesus is.
I suppose the JW's don't use their bibles for this reason-because to them it contradicts their verbal teachings they retrieve from their Watchtower magazines, had anybody read them? I call them comic books 'with make believe cartoon pictures inside them, a remaking of the old movie called Dr Do Little living and talking with the animals.
Comic books are usually about superhero's, but the facts are, we already know the Watchtower, had never fully accepted Christ into their denomination, let alone accepting Christ into their hearts to be their personal super hero, sadly with their disbelief's, they may never experience the Holy Spirit..
But what I do know for sure-we all die-we will all experience our judgement day standing before Christ, He will Judge the living and the dead-He decides where we spend eternity.
In Christ the living have a choice-whom do we seek? It isn't rocket science, It just takes a little bible knowledge to believe the truth about Christ, Jesus was never about denominations-your denomination began with Charles Russell he separated himself from the Seven-day Adventist Church, both denominations were disqualified from where they left off, Michael the archangel came as Jesus in the flesh-how did Jesus die on the cross, if God only made angels in Spirit form?
I need to ask a question is the Watchtower selling drugs-I haven't produced any other bible, but OneJ seems to be confused-he is arguing against the NWT Watchtower bible.
So I would like to ask you a question "why are you arguing against your bible? It's as clear as it sounds."Amen! Come, Lord Jesus...
OneJ:

Let's start.

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by brocab: 7:51am On Oct 22, 2018
You are deafeningly barking up the wrong tree, even the Watchtower don't agree with you, you must be feeling alone at the moment.. Don't worry, you will try and turn the NWT bible against itself 'once again..
OneJ:

To suggest or imply that God Almighty was granted power & authority in heaven is very absurd & stupid.
So you may not believe it, but the JW's have their own point of view about the scriptures below, because it seems the JW's believe immanuel is God in the flesh!
{Matthew 1:23} NKJV "The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" (which means "God with us"wink.
{Matthew 1:23} NWT “Look! The virgin will become pregnant and will give birth to a son, and they will name him Im·manʹu·el,”which means, when translated, “With Us Is God.”
So it's not stupid after all, God is always in authority in Heaven and on Earth "Eternity..
OneJ:

Let Jesus speak for himself.
"The Father (Yahweh ) loves the son and has placed (given) EVERYTHING IN HIS HANDS" John 3:35.

"ALL AUTHORITY HAS BEEN GIVEN TO ME in heaven and on earth" Matt 28:18.

"I am come in my Father's name" John 5:43 (KJV).

"I have come in my Father's authority "John 5:43 (GoodNews Translation)

https:www.merriam-webster.com
In someone's name ,definition.

"used to say something is done with the authority of a specified person "

"God (Yahweh) made Jesus both lord and Christ" Acts 2:36.

Any name /title that Jesus bears whether in heaven or on earth, Jesus himself has confirmed that it is by Yahweh's expressed permission.
Jesus is not YAHWEH, therefore, he testified that Yahweh gave him EVERY THING...

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2018
brocab:
You are deafeningly barking up the wrong tree, even the Watchtower don't agree with you, you must be feeling alone at the moment.. Don't worry, you will try and turn the NWT bible against itself 'once again..

So you may not believe it, but the JW's have their own point of view about the scriptures below, because it seems the JW's believe immanuel is God in the flesh!
{Matthew 1:23} NKJV "The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" (which means "God with us"wink.
{Matthew 1:23} NWT “Look! The virgin will become pregnant and will give birth to a son, and they will name him Im·manʹu·el,”which means, when translated, “With Us Is God.”
So it's not stupid after all, God is always in authority in Heaven and on Earth "Eternity..

Who are U to adjudge what is acceptable to the Watchtower or not? U dey twist & misinterprete the Bible, yet dey claim wetin U no sabi.

Person wey reject the statements of Jesus himself & dey give him own contradictory interpretation, na Christian be that ?

Your last sentence above, is a crooked attempt to dodge the truth.
ALL AUTHORITY HAS BEEN GIVEN ME IN HEAVEN and on earth". Matt 28:18.

Who gave Jesus authority in heaven & earth? Who gave authority to Jehovah ? Pls respond.
"
i) "OneJ is arguing against his own Bible... someone in the Watchtower made a big mistake"
U will always throw shade. Na your way.

Mr Man, is it the Watchtower that wrote the scriptures (1John5:5,20, John 17:3. 3:35. 5:43. Ps83:18?)

ii) "Jesus is coming in the name of his Father and with His power (John 5:43).
" (Yahweh) has given him authority and granted him power to execute judgement"
John 5:26,27.

Yahweh gave Jesus authority in heaven & earth,( to bear titles like Alpha & Omega etc) but Christ is still under Yahweh, the Supreme Head. 1 Cor11:3, 15:24,27.

Yahweh beget Jesus. No twist am with lies.

iii) In Matt 1:23, Mr Man, did the virgin give birth to God or gave birth to a son ? Isa 7:14.
Luke 1:32-37.
"With us is God" refers to Christ's supernatural birth as a " holy child" whom Yahweh will give "the throne of his father,David" 2 Sam7:13-16. Dan 7:13,14.

David sat on God's throne as king of Israel.

Let us apply the prophecy of Isa7:14, & its fulfilment ,Matt 1:23, to U:
"Your wife will conceive and give birth to a son and you shall call him "Osadebamen" meaning "God is with me"

Your newborn child is the God with U. Yes or no ?

1 Like

Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by OneJ: 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2018
[quote
Re: Jehovah's Witnesses: 17 Facts People Should Know About Them by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 23, 2018
My brother, it's the most beautiful thing that has ever happened to me, i'm a member of the One and Only Organization of true Worshippers of the endtime! I just keep thanking JEHOVAH everyday for making me one of those HE is accepting as HIS coworkers. It was a long, rough and tough journey but at last i found PURE worship! Come and let's sing Jehovah's praise with Joy!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (164) (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) ... (278) (Reply)

Sincere Milk — "Righteousness Rises" / Nairaland Bible Quiz-you can join anytime... / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 203
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.