Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,495 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) (85811 Views)

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: Poland 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup / Falconets Qualify For U-20 World Cup (Photos) / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: U-17 World Cup (India 2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:14pm On Nov 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
We Didn’t Pay Golden Eaglets 20,000 Naira – NFF Cries Out
[/size]

NFF General Secretary, Mohammed Sanusi, has come out to deny the rumours going around the sports circle that the Golden Eaglets were paid ₦20,000 match bonus for winning the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup.

Although the NFF General Secretary confirmed that the football body was cash strapped he stated that no official financial pledge has been made to the players.

‘It’s unfortunate that people can sell such stories to the public about a team that served this country and brought us such great honor. I wish to state clearly, that the Federation at no time paid ₦20,ooo to the victorious Eaglets.

‘ They’ve not been invited since the Honorable Minister hosted them on their arrival form Chile, plus the Federation is thin on funds now that we wouldn’t be able to stretch our commitments that far for now.’

The Nigerian Golden Eaglets defended the title Nigeria won in 2013 with 2-0 win over Mali in Chile earlier this month and i do hope they get more than a Presidential handshake for their impressive showing in the competition.
http://greennews.ng/we-didnt-pay-golden-eaglets-20000-naira-nff-cries-out/
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:16pm On Nov 21, 2015
Orkpekyandega:
[b][size=14pt]
We Didn’t Pay Golden Eaglets 20,000 Naira – NFF Cries Out
[/size]
[img]http://cms.dailytrust.com.ng/cms/gall_content/2015/11/2015_11$largeimg11_Nov_2015_191703880.jpg[/img]
NFF General Secretary, Mohammed Sanusi, has come out to deny the rumours going around the sports circle that the Golden Eaglets were paid ₦20,000 match bonus for winning the 2015 FIFA U-17 World Cup.

Although the NFF General Secretary confirmed that the football body was cash strapped he stated that no official financial pledge has been made to the players.

‘It’s unfortunate that people can sell such stories to the public about a team that served this country and brought us such great honor. I wish to state clearly, that the Federation at no time paid ₦20,ooo to the victorious Eaglets.

‘ They’ve not been invited since the Honorable Minister hosted them on their arrival form Chile, plus the Federation is thin on funds now that we wouldn’t be able to stretch our commitments that far for now.’

The Nigerian Golden Eaglets defended the title Nigeria won in 2013 with 2-0 win over Mali in Chile earlier this month and i do hope they get more than a Presidential handshake for their impressive showing in the competition.
http://greennews.ng/we-didnt-pay-golden-eaglets-20000-naira-nff-cries-out/
[/b]

WE DID NOT PAY THEM N20,000. WE PAID THEM... NOTHING...NFF.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

What about the prizes from FIFA? Did FIFA not give them cash prizes? Don't tell me that one also entered the pockets if the NFF.
My brother, the unthinkable is what happens at the NFF. They will just pocket the money and claim it entered the NFF account or that the money was used to settle debts. Better still, they may be waiting for the Presidency to host them and pay them the amount they are supposed to pay. Knowing fully well that, the government has never succeeded in probing the NFF finances, before or after major tournaments.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:25pm On Nov 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

WE DID NOT PAY THEM N20,000. WE PAID THEM... NOTHING...NFF.

Fast fingers, huh!!!
You didn't even allow me to modify my post.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Orkpekyandega(m): 1:31pm On Nov 21, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

So, no salary for Coach Amunike and his crew from Pre World Cup, to World Cup, to Post World Cup period. NFF, I clap for you.

And if you complain you did get loads of threats of sack, from the NFF. If you fail, NFF will challenge and heap mountains of blames on you and absolve themselves from any blame. The Nigerian fans won't spare you either.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Orkpekyandega(m): 3:15pm On Nov 21, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Amuneke: Golden Eaglets Will Appreciate Whatever President Buhari Gives Us
[/size]
Golden Eaglets coach, Emmanuel Amuneke, reflects on his team’s performance in Chile during the FIFA U-17 World Cup finals. The former Super Eagles and Barcelona of Spain winger whose goals helped Nigeria to win the AFCON in 1994 and the Atlanta 1996 Olympic Soccer gold medal tells SAB OSUJI in this interview that the Golden Eaglets surprised their detractors. He also reveals that President Muhammadu Buhari’s interaction with the players motivated them going into the final match with Mali…

Congratulations for leading the Golden Eaglets to retain the FIFA U-17 World Cup…

Thank you. I must also say congratulations to all Nigerians. It is not a victory for Emmanuel Amuneke as a person but all Nigerians and we’re grateful to God for making our dream come true.

You were an assistant coach when the Eaglets won the Cup two years ago in the United Arab Emirates, now you have retained the trophy for Nigeria. How are you savoring the victory?

It’s nice to feel the happy mood of Nigerians over the Golden Eaglets’ victory in Chile. You cannot be happier seeing smiles on the faces of fellow country men and women who stayed awake to watch and support the team during the championship. Personally, I remain a humble man, a very humble Emmanuel Amuneke. I remain humble in the Lord for what He has done for us as a team, as a nation and for the young players. I’m also grateful to Nigerians who gave me the opportunity. If they had not given me the opportunity, I don’t think we’d be where we are today. When one has a gift from God, he should use such gift to the benefit of Nigerians, the nation and its citizens. We’ll continue to do what is right. We live in a nation of 170 million citizens so you don’t expect everybody to think the way you do. But in all, what counts most is the joy of Nigerians.

Are you surprised the team won the Cup despite not winning the African Championship in Niger?

The irony of it is that Nigerians had the belief that this team was not good probably because we did not win the African championship in Niger. They forgot that our aim of going to Niger was to strive and qualify for the World Cup which we did. Unfortunately, people, including journalists who came around to watch our training sessions still held the opinion that we were not good as a team. But I must say I’m grateful to them, because without their criticism, negative or positive, probably we would not have doubled our efforts to do our very best. We thank them (our critics), we don’t see them as enemies but friends who helped us achieve our set objective. We served this country in the past as players so we are friends to the media who really made us what we are today. We cannot begin now to see them as enemies, not at all. In Chile, we would play at 8pm, which is 12midnight here in Nigeria and people would still remain awake to watch and support us. It shows the love they have for the team. I can only advise that anyone who finds himself in a position of authority should think first of the joy and happiness of Nigerians and carry out his functions with the fear of God.

Casting your mind back, which match do you remember was the toughest for your team at the championship?

Every game we played was tough. And of course you know that the important match in a championship like this is usually the opening match. So the match against USA, being the beginning of the journey was nervy. After that, I can say the match against Mexico in the semi-final was even tougher. The semi-final match is just a game to the final. It’s like getting to the Heaven’s Gate and you realize you don’t have the key. Thank God we later found the key in our pockets to open the gate. Otherwise, coming from a goal down to win 4-2 was something else and showed the resilience and fighting spirit of the players. Remember, before then, we never fell behind in our previous games. Mexico was a strong side. It was like a derby match. Two years ago in Dubai, we defeated them in our group game 6-1 and later met them again in the final which we also won 3-0. So this time around, they came for revenge. Then in the final, people wrote us off, that Mali was going to beat us because they are African champions. I read a lot of comments to this effect but man’s voice is not the will of God. In Niger, we didn’t win the Cup. We came fourth but we thank God who made it possible for us to qualify for the World Cup. If we had not qualified for the World Cup, we would not have had the opportunity to let people know we are good as a team. The good thing is that we successfully defended our World Cup trophy.

What changed in the team that finished fourth in the African Championship and the team that won the World Cup in Chile?

There was really not much that changed. The objective of going to Niger was to qualify for the World Cup. We consider the African Cup a bonus if we had won for as long as we achieved our primary objective which was to get the ticket for Chile 2015. There were lots of setbacks. Most of the players we used in the qualifying series were knocked out by the MRI test which was authorized by FIFA because we were very keen on doing what is right. We can’t stop growth; that was the positive we took from all of that. It’s all a process. Like the Israelites, not all of them that set out for the journey to the Promised Land got there. Even Moses who started the journey could not reach the Promised Land, but the objective is getting there. So when we came back from Niger, we had to embark on a fresh search for young players to strengthen the team and I’m happy the exercise paid off.

What makes you exceptionally happy that you won this World Cup?

It is the players, I used to call them ‘refugee Eaglets’. This is the truth because nobody believed in them. They lacked virtually everything going into the championship but I’m happy the players have brought joy and happiness to millions of Nigerians, I’m happy for them.

President Mohammadu Buhari has set November 29 as a date he will receive the Golden Eaglets at the Presidential Villa, Aso Rock, Abuja. What manner of reward are you expecting from Mr President on that day?

We’re grateful that we have achieved this feat. The future is what matters most. We are not setting agenda for our President. I’m happy he was the Head of State in 1985, when Nigeria won the Cup for the first time. I’m also happy he is the President who is in office for this historic victory and as his children, you don’t need to tell your father what he should do or give to you. For us, it was a privilege to talk with President, that was something special. This is a President who is determined to effect changes.

We understand President Buhari spoke with the team on Skype before the final match against Mali.

Yes, that is true. It showed he was following our games, who knows, he could as well be keeping awake late into the night to watch our games.

So what impact do you think his interaction and singing of the Nigerian National Anthem with the players made on them before going into the game?

It was a great moment. It is not often that you are on international assignment and you get to speak directly with your president, the No. 1 citizen of your country. It was a big motivation; the players, officials were touched emotionally. The motivation was great. It was as if he was physically present with us there in the stadium at Santiago, Chile.

After winning the World Cup in Chile, what next?

We have to remain focused. Nigeria can even win the Cup six, seven times or more but it depends on how we plan. Let me say this, people may not know that the group of players who will participate in the next edition of the championship will be players born in 2000. But all you see is players always struggling to move to Europe. We must always do the right things. We must always be seen to be doing the proper thing. This fire brigade approach to issues we seem to have imbibed in our system must be changed. We must plan and match our plans with concrete action. This is the kind of positive changes we are looking forward to.

What was the players’ response to the President?

They assured the President that they were going to work hard and ensure they won the Cup and they did. So we thank him and continue to pray to God that gives wisdom to those in positions of power and authority to realize that our people are suffering, for God to guide him and even the people around him, for them to have the wisdom to do their jobs for the good of the Nigerian masses.
http://www.completesportsnigeria.com/amuneke-golden-eaglets-president-buhari/
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by terzurum5(m): 7:36pm On Nov 22, 2015
safarigirl:
Iheanacho has scored a goal like that against United U21, people score goals like that every time and Messi can't have something to say of everyone

You know, seeing that the guy's moves were similar to that of Messi, I felt it should get the attention of the football Wizard
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by terzurum5(m): 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Pinnick In Talks With Wenger Over Osimhen's Arsenal Move
Biyi Akangbe
[/size]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-9vpjwqx7ILA/Vj8JcvcrRPI/AAAAAAAAVBg/6KoX-4ITsuk/s1600/Victor_Osimhen2-1-761212.jpg[/img]
President of the Nigerian Football Federation NFF, Amaju Pinnick, has started negotiations with English Premier League club Arsenal over the signing of Victor Osimhen, that's according to a llnigeriasoccer.com.

As many as nine different agents have made contact with representatives of the Golden Boot winner of the 2015 Fifa Under 17 World Cup as regards to a transfer to the Emirates.

But Pinnick and his camp are in the driving seat as the NFF supremo is well connected within the corridors of power at the Gunners.

Indeed, the former Chairman of Delta State Football Association has opened a line of communication with his good pal and Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, instructing him that he should convince the club to acquire Osimhen.

But it is not done and dusted that the 16 - year - old will be heading to Arsenal as Stellar Football Ltd, who represent ex Tottenham Hotspur star Gareth Bale, are already in Nigeria for talks with Ultimate Strikers.

Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool are among the European powerhouses monitoring the transfer situation of Victor Osimhen with keen interest.
[/b]

www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/11/pinnick-in-talks-with-wenger-over.html

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 3:44pm On Nov 23, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Biyi Akangbe
[/size]
[img]http://3.bp..com/-9vpjwqx7ILA/Vj8JcvcrRPI/AAAAAAAAVBg/6KoX-4ITsuk/s1600/Victor_Osimhen2-1-761212.jpg[/img]
President of the Nigerian Football Federation NFF, Amaju Pinnick, has started negotiations with English Premier League club Arsenal over the signing of Victor Osimhen, that's according to a llnigeriasoccer.com.

As many as nine different agents have made contact with representatives of the Golden Boot winner of the 2015 Fifa Under 17 World Cup as regards to a transfer to the Emirates.

But Pinnick and his camp are in the driving seat as the NFF supremo is well connected within the corridors of power at the Gunners.

Indeed, the former Chairman of Delta State Football Association has opened a line of communication with his good pal and Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger, instructing him that he should convince the club to acquire Osimhen.

But it is not done and dusted that the 16 - year - old will be heading to Arsenal as Stellar Football Ltd, who represent ex Tottenham Hotspur star Gareth Bale, are already in Nigeria for talks with Ultimate Strikers.

Manchester United, Manchester City and Liverpool are among the European powerhouses monitoring the transfer situation of Victor Osimhen with keen interest.
[/b]

Campbell, Akpom, Iwobi, what will he gain by going to Arsenal? He should go were he is going to play and develope not to join a youth team.

As a barca fan i am biased but i do see positives in him joining us. He can get polished by some of the best football teachers and we also have a team B that plays in the second division so he would be guaranteed action, only problem i would have with that are the chances of him making the first team.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:00pm On Nov 23, 2015
BascoVanVeli:

Campbell, Akpom, Iwobi, what will he gain by going to Arsenal? He should go were he is going to play and develope not to join a youth team.

As a barca fan i am biased but i do see positives in him joining us. He can get polished by some of the best football teachers and we also have a team B that plays in the second division so he would be guaranteed action, only problem i would have with that are the chances of him making the first team.

I can not oppose Barca because in recent years, their Barca B team have developed some fantastic strikers like Araujo (Las Palmas), Nolito (Celta Vigo), Icardi (Inter Milan).
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:20pm On Nov 23, 2015
Barca B is not bad but I haven't heard of any interest on their part.

But wait o, I thought Barca B was relegated from Spain's la segunda B Group II to Spain's la segunda B Group III.

Hierachy in spain (in this order):
-La liga
-Liga Adelante (Segunda A)
-Segunda B Grp I
-Segunda B Grp II
-Segunda B Grp III
-Segunda B Grp IV

TheGoodJoe:

I can not oppose Barca because in recent years, their Barca B team have developed some fantastic strikers like Araujo (Las Palmas), Nolito (Celta Vigo), Icardi (Inter Milan).
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:22pm On Nov 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Ajax Join Man City, Liverpool In Chase For Nigerian Starlet
[/size]
By Biyi Akangbe
Ajax Amsterdam are the latest club to be linked with Nigerian youngster Funsho Bamgboye.

The Golden Eaglets forward has also attracted interest of top English sides like Manchester City, Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur.

A reliable source close to the Aspire Academy star told Complete Sports that the Dutch side are keen to secure the services of the player who was a key member of the Nigerian U-17 side that conquered the world earlier this month in Chile.

"Several clubs have indicated interest in signing Funsho, but we don't want to do things in a hurry,'' the source told Complete Sports.

"A lot of agents have also called him saying a lot of sweet things.

"Ajax are a good club, but we will be careful in determining the club he will join at the end of the day."

The Eredivisie side have a rich history of Nigerian players who made their names at the club.

Top on the list are the duo of Finidi George and Nwankwo Kanu who won the UEFA Champions League with the club in 1995.

The likes of Tijani Babangida and Pius Ikedia have also featured for the club.
http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/11/ajax-join-man-city-liverpool-in-chase.html
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:25pm On Nov 23, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Agent: Barcelona Never Offered Victor Osimhen a Deal
[/size]
Victor Osimhen’s intermediary, Shira Yussuf , has played down reports linking the Golden Boot winner at the 2015 FIFA Under 17 World Cup with a possible switch to European champions Barcelona.

Reports back in his homeland had claimed that the Azulgranas were keen on landing the signature of the Golden Eaglets sensation, with a certain Ryan Hartsfield expected in Lagos to thrash out a one million euros deal with representatives of the teenager.

But Yussuf has reiterated that Ultimate Strikers have not received a concrete approach from Barcelona but will not turn down the Spanish powerhouse if they come knocking on the door.

“Barcelona have not offered one million euros for Osimhen, It was funny reading the report because they have not made contact with us, ” Shira Yussuf told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“There is nothing official from Barcelona or their representatives. When the Tottenham Hotspur news came out, it wasn’t from us and nobody should be worried.

“We know the clubs talking to us and Barcelona is not one of them. If Barcelona are really interested and approach us, we will listen to them.”

Osimhen is currently in Gambia training with Nigeria’s Olympic National Team ahead of their participation at the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations.
http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/11/agent-barcelona-never-offered-victor.html
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:26pm On Nov 23, 2015
TheSuperNerd:
Barca B is not bad but I haven't heard of any interest on their part.

But wait o, I thought Barca B was relegated from la segunda (spain's 2nd division) to Spain's 3rd division (la segunda Group II).

Yes they were but you have to know that the Barca B always lose their stars due to other clubs coming for their top players. That is why they are always unstable. Enrique also promoted some of their players.

That does not stop the academy for being a good choice for youngsters because they play competitively in the leagues.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 4:28pm On Nov 23, 2015
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
Agent: Barcelona Never Offered Victor Osimhen a Deal
[/size]
Victor Osimhen’s intermediary, Shira Yussuf , has played down reports linking the Golden Boot winner at the 2015 FIFA Under 17 World Cup with a possible switch to European champions Barcelona.

Reports back in his homeland had claimed that the Azulgranas were keen on landing the signature of the Golden Eaglets sensation, with a certain Ryan Hartsfield expected in Lagos to thrash out a one million euros deal with representatives of the teenager.

But Yussuf has reiterated that Ultimate Strikers have not received a concrete approach from Barcelona but will not turn down the Spanish powerhouse if they come knocking on the door.

“Barcelona have not offered one million euros for Osimhen, It was funny reading the report because they have not made contact with us, ” Shira Yussuf told allnigeriasoccer.com.

“There is nothing official from Barcelona or their representatives. When the Tottenham Hotspur news came out, it wasn’t from us and nobody should be worried.

“We know the clubs talking to us and Barcelona is not one of them. If Barcelona are really interested and approach us, we will listen to them.”

Osimhen is currently in Gambia training with Nigeria’s Olympic National Team ahead of their participation at the Africa U-23 Cup of Nations.
http://www.soccernet.com.ng/2015/11/agent-barcelona-never-offered-victor.html
[/b]

These agents and managers should make their choice quickly and stop waiting for the highest bidder so the young man can start his club career.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:24pm On Nov 23, 2015
Yeah..... I know that. Anyway, I modified my post earlier but my gadget's battery went low. They're actually in La Segunda B Grp III now (even lower than I thought).

But still, they got great youth coaches over there, no doubt about that.

*smiles*

TheGoodJoe:

Yes they were but you have to know that the Barca B always lose their stars due to other clubs coming for their top players. That is why they are always unstable. Enrique also promoted some of their players.

That does not stop the academy for being a good choice for youngsters because they play competitively in the leagues.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 6:36am On Nov 24, 2015
Countdown to Korea 2017
begins
(FIFA.com) 23 Nov 2015

The tournament that helped launch the careers of
Maradona, Messi and countless others is coming to
Korea Republic, and the Match Schedule has just
been unveiled.

The FIFA U-20 World Cup Korea Republic 2017 will be
played from 20 May – 11 June in Cheonan, Daejeon,
Incheon, Jeju, Jeonju and Suwon. The Official Draw
will take place on 11 March 2017 by which stage all
qualified teams will be known.

The FIFA U-20 World Cup features 24 nations from
across the world and will last 23 days. The
tournament Final will be played on Sunday 11
June 2017 in Suwon at the Suwon World Cup
Stadium.

Korea Republic 2017 will be the 21st edition of the
U-20 World Cup, with Serbia the current holders
having beaten Brazil after extra time in the final of
the last edition in New Zealand, which took place
earlier this year.

www.fifa.com/news/y=2015/m=11/news=countdown-to-korea-2017-begins-2732306.html?intcmp=fifacom_hp_module_news

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 24, 2015
Following in ghost mode!
grin
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:26am On Nov 25, 2015
Tomtoxic: Quote Post
BlackAlbino6:
I hereby move the motion "once more", for the discontinuation of this thread and any further news item concerning these lads (hence all of them can graduate to the next U-20 team) be posted on the Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) http://www.nairaland.com /2721056/flying-eagles- nigeria-thread- u-20/1#39892327
cc: linked, TheSuperNerd, terzurum5, TheGoodJoe, AIG07, BascoVanVeli, Icon4s, tbaba1234, confun, safarigirl, lakesidepapa, lexyman, enomakos, Generals03, Orkpekyandega, Danycrusoe, Horus, adeyemi2015, Greenbuoy, dabossman, femi9naija, P0intBlank, bishop88, robosky02, watchindelta, mikron, Emmzyst, casket, Justiz, naturalwaves, ajf, samueld0, oloriooko, successinlife, jotey, Fribery, CFCfan, chaberry, phreakabit, leecodeman, all protocols duly observed.
Thanks for your cooperation.
Regards.
didn't u think it wise that we should have continued with the other u-20 thread.as u dn make the thread sha no p we are all moving there.

[quoteBlackAlbino6:
I didn't get you Sir[/quote]

TheSuperNerd:
Ok... Lemme help out. *smiles*

He meant the U-20 thread that covered the Senegal 2015 AYC (Caf U-20 Afcon) and New Zealand 2015 Fifa U-20 World Cup. The thread was created by Op-extraordinaire, Sir Joseph1013 early last year (long before I joined NL and "shortly" before the "virus/hackers attack" on NL---- NL's darkest hours) and ended with the NZ 2015 tournament.

It was quite a glorious and super ride......... *smiles*

I recall that if you went offline for just 6-12 hours, mehn!!!! You'll be about 10 pages behind...... #nokidding..... Hahaha.... Boyyy!!!!! It was fun and cool too.
**this happened when the NZ tournament was fast approaching**

Note: I forsee same (lightening thread speed) happening ahead of Rio 2016 should we qualify (which I strongly believe we'll
achieve) *smiles*

That was the thread that saw me make my "NL debut" earlier this year in May. *smiles*

Do you get it now?? *smiles*

I understand you weren't registered on NL at that time hence your difficulty in grabbing Sir Tomtoxic's statements.

Maybe you should check it out. It's about 231+ pages worth..... I think?

You're welcome. Glad to help........*smiles*

[b]
I don't really know what Sir Tomtoxic had in mind before that reply. If you had read my motion carefully, you did understand the 'once more' in it. Meaning Sir Joseph1013 had moved that motion before. I had just noticed that the U17 Tournament had come to an end, but the thread was still gaining more popularity, so had to become somehow gealous as to why the U20 Thread which is the next real deal was some kind of scanty. That was what made me to second the motion earlier moved.

And on the U20 thread that covered the 2015 U20 events, I was there Sir. I followed it bomber to bomber. I used to sleep on it. Wake on it. Eat while on it, hahahahahahahahaha. Even though I was yet to join Nairaland by then.

I can still recall the good moments we shared on the thread, even the bad once. The serious bashing that became the order of the day at some point. Who and who said what, ha!!!

I can recall very well picture quality posts by ops here. What about the 'Picture boy' that went to the tournament just to take pictures Hahahahaha

Ok let. There was a day a particular op got bashed by another op for posting news that were either stale or were already on the thread. Taaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa come seee bashing!!!!!

TheSuperNerd, Tomtoxic are you there

No harm intended.
[/b]

I brought it here because, I don't want to continue being there.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 8:07am On Nov 25, 2015
^^^^^
@BlackAlbino6

**yeah, I know Sir Joseph had moved the motion before you seconded........ I wasn't addressing that.
I was addressing what Sir Tom meant by "the other U-20 thread"** Tu comprends?

Cool!!! You were a guest back then. Wow!

**Sweet Memories** #winks

So there you have it........... *smiles*

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 9:30am On Nov 25, 2015
Hmmm . This thread is already on page 2 even before the team is formed. Na Page 1000 we dey go be dat o. shocked

Mennn can't wait to see the next Flying Eagles. I expect the 2017 Team to be better than that of the 2015.

I Expect to see an Awoniyi and Osimhen strike partnership. Likely attacking midfielders/supporting strikers: Musa Yahaya, Ifeanyi Mathew, Chinedu Obasi, Samuel Chukwueze, Chidera Ezeh, Funsho Bamgboye, Kingsley Michael, Orji Okonkwo, Ebere Osinachi. Likely central/defensive midfielders: Akinjide Idowu, David Enogela, Kelechi Nwakali, Habeeb Makanjuola,. Likely defenders: Musa Mohamed, John Lazarus, Udochukwu Anumudu, Ejike Ikwu, Zakari(forgotten his first name) and the fantabulous Goalie: Akpan Udo.
I also expect players from the NPFL that fall withing the age bracket to be in the team.

The difference between the 2017 and 2015 U20 would be that the 2017 set will be more matured and experienced as a good number of them have already signed professional contracts and would have played at professional levels for atleast 1 1/2 to 2 yrs before playing at the U20 WC. The last time we went with mostly academy players and believe me or not that played a major role in our outing.

Most of The following players hu were part of the last U20 and are eligible for the next U20 have signed professional contracts and are integral parts of their team's league campaigns:
Musa Mohamed
Taiwo Awoniyi
Chidera Ezeh
Akinjide Idowu
Ifeanyi Mathew
Musa Yahaya (to sign contract with Spurs once he clocks 18)

This is already half of a starting 11 and the experience of the above listed players will come to fore if they feature in another WYC. Some stand-out players from the 2015 U17 would also have penned down contracts with European clubs and then with d inclusion of some stand out youth players in the NPFL what we would have is an U20 that is ready to challenge for the tittle.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by joseph1013: 10:36am On Nov 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]SPURS TO RELEASE MUSA YAHAYA IN JANUARY[/size]

English Premiership side Tottenham Hotspurs won't be offering Nigeria youth international,Musa Yahaya professional contract after a breakdown in talks.

Investigations by Mowizsoccer has it that the 17 year old who is presently in Kaduna was a victim of disagreements between his nursery team Mutunchi Academy and his agent Babawo Mohammed.

The Mutunchi Academy prospect who was expected to be offered professional contract when he turns 18 next year will now be released as controversies continue to trail his move to Tottenham Hotspurs.

Tottenham Hotspurs who were neck deep in talks with his agent Babawo Mohammed but were forced to pull the plug on the deal after his nursery team Mutunchi alleged the agent was trying to dupe them.

An Under-17 World cup winner with Nigeria in 2013,Yahaya have been training with Spurs reserve team the last one year but have been in Kaduna,Nigeria since Nigeria elimination from the Under-20 World cup this year.

The Kaduna born forward is now reportedly drumming interest from Spanish La-Liga side Celta Vigo as Spurs have made it clear he won't be retained.

However his nursery team Muntunchi are still going to be paid the balance of the fee they are owed by Spurs which was supposed to be paid when he turns 18 next year.

http://mowizsoccer..nl/2015/11/spurs-to-release-musa-yahaya-in-january.html?m=1[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 10:45am On Nov 25, 2015
joseph1013:

English Premiership side Tottenham Hotspurs won't be offering Nigeria youth international,Musa Yahaya professional contract after a breakdown in talks.

Investigations by Mowizsoccer has it that the 17 year old who is presently in Kaduna was a victim of disagreements between his nursery team Mutunchi Academy and his agent Babawo Mohammed.

The Mutunchi Academy prospect who was expected to be offered professional contract when he turns 18 next year will now be released as controversies continue to trail his move to Tottenham Hotspurs.

Tottenham Hotspurs who were neck deep in talks with his agent Babawo Mohammed but were forced to pull the plug on the deal after his nursery team Mutunchi alleged the agent was trying to dupe them.

An Under-17 World cup winner with Nigeria in 2013,Yahaya have been training with Spurs reserve team the last one year but have been in Kaduna,Nigeria since Nigeria elimination from the Under-20 World cup this year.

The Kaduna born forward is now reportedly drumming interest from Spanish La-Liga side Celta Vigo as Spurs have made it clear he won't be retained.

However his nursery team Muntunchi are still going to be paid the balance of the fee they are owed by Spurs which was supposed to be paid when he turns 18 next year.

http://mowizsoccer..nl/2015/11/spurs-to-release-musa-yahaya-in-january.html?m=1[/b]

Hmmm I hope the career of this our young Iniesta will not be jeopardized by all these shady contract issues. If Tottenham doesn't want this kid let Celta Vigo or any other top club in Europe have him.And I hope they woun't end up regretting jst like how Manchester United is regretting not keeping Paul Pogba.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:23am On Nov 25, 2015
[b][size=14pt]
Eaglets skipper Nwakali heads to Standard Liege
[/size]

Eaglets skipper Nwakali (middle)

It has been scooped that the four World Cup-winning Eaglets led by skipper Kelechi Nwakali will stop over at Belgian club Standard Liege before they are farmed out to various top European clubs.

Nwakali, Samuel Chukwueze, David Enogela and Joel Osikel have been signed by foremost players’ agents Stellar Group, who manage several top stars including Gareth Bale.

A top source informed: “The players have been invited to Europe by Standard Liege and it is from there that the players will be moved to other clubs in other leagues.”

Midfielder Nwakali was the MVP of the 2015 FIFA U17 World Cup and he has been variously linked with several top English Premier League.

Despite the tightening of restrictions on foreign youngsters moving to England, Nwakali is expected to be granted a work permit when he turns 18 using the special talent clause.

Manchester City starlet Kelechi Iheanacho was MVP of the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup and used this clause to get a work permit this year.
http://mtnfootball.com/news/588171/Eaglets-skipper-Nwakali-heads-to-Standard-Liege
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 11:28am On Nov 25, 2015
[size=14pt]
Eaglets Imo reception called off
[/size]

Amuneke (right) showing off the U17 World Cup on arrival at the Abuja airport

Victorious Golden Eaglets from Imo State will be hosted by Governor Rochas Okorocha on a later date after the Governor had to leave to Abuja on an emergency.

The Eaglets who hail from Imo State are Ikwu Ejike, Udochukwu Anumudu, Kelechi Nwakali and Christian Ebere.

This month, Nigeria won a fifth U17 World Cup in Chile when they defeated fellow Africans Mali 2-0 in the final.

Skipper Nwakali was named the MVP of the World Cup.

Amuneke then assistant coach was also received by Governor Rochas when the Eaglets won the 2013 U17 World Cup in Abu Dhabi and he rewarded them with plots of land and cash.
http://mtnfootball.com/news/587859/Eaglets-Imo-reception-called-off
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:49pm On Nov 25, 2015
Seems AllNigeriaSoccer.com (ANS.com) have similar but detailed angles to Yahaya's Tottenham situation and his possible move to Celta de Vigo in the Spanish Primera Division (La Liga).

They even report he's in Kaduna to obtain a Spanish visa as he can't do that from the U.K. #hmmm....

**hey! I hardly take ANS news seriously but maybe they got something here..... Still subject to verification though**

www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17056

joseph1013:

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:20pm On Nov 25, 2015
joseph1013:

Nigerian agents and managers. Ball, they can not play but if it is young footballers career, they play with them more than Maradona.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2015
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
Eaglets skipper Nwakali heads to Standard Liege
[/size]

Eaglets skipper Nwakali (middle)

It has been scooped that the four World Cup-winning Eaglets led by skipper Kelechi Nwakali will stop over at Belgian club Standard Liege before they are farmed out to various top European clubs.

Nwakali, Samuel Chukwueze, David Enogela and Joel Osikel have been signed by foremost players’ agents Stellar Group, who manage several top stars including Gareth Bale.

A top source informed: “The players have been invited to Europe by Standard Liege and it is from there that the players will be moved to other clubs in other leagues.”

Midfielder Nwakali was the MVP of the 2015 FIFA U17 World Cup and he has been variously linked with several top English Premier League.

Despite the tightening of restrictions on foreign youngsters moving to England, Nwakali is expected to be granted a work permit when he turns 18 using the special talent clause.

Manchester City starlet Kelechi Iheanacho was MVP of the 2013 FIFA U17 World Cup and used this clause to get a work permit this year.
http://mtnfootball.com/news/588171/Eaglets-skipper-Nwakali-heads-to-Standard-Liege
[/b]

One thing is sure, these young men are in good hands. They are with managers who know the business of nurturing young talents. The only problem is that these men treat football as business, they will not sell until they see the right value for the player.

That was why Bale's move to Real Madrid took a very long time and landed at an astronomical fee. Apart from that, good deal. I wonder why Stellar group did not get Osimhen. He would have been a good investment.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Icon4s(m): 2:59pm On Nov 25, 2015
terzurum5:
[b][size=14pt]
Biyi Akangbe
[/size]

[/b]

I swear this guy better pass Olivier Giroud. tongue
Just kidding.

He is a good prospect. Bring him to the Emirates boss.

3 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by Tomtoxic: 3:07pm On Nov 25, 2015
they should sort out the Tottenham yahaya deal the club really feels like a good place for him then maybe loan him to Celts vigo

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 3:45pm On Nov 25, 2015
TheGoodJoe:

One thing is sure, these young men are in good hands. They are with managers who know the business of nurturing young talents. The only problem is that these men treat football as business, they will not sell until they see the right value for the player.

That was why Bale's move to Real Madrid took a very long time and landed at an astronomical fee. Apart from that, good deal. I wonder why Stellar group did not get Osimhen. He would have been a good investment.

Don't mind them, they want to get expensive young talents at give away prices.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Caught Fingering Marcelo As They Celebrate Against Valencia / Kanu Nwankwo's Son Flaunts His Father's Ferrari / Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.