Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,981 members, 7,806,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:19 AM

Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) (85768 Views)

The Flying Eagles of Nigeria Thread: Poland 2019 FIFA U-20 World Cup / Falconets Qualify For U-20 World Cup (Photos) / The Golden Eaglets Of Nigeria Thread: U-17 World Cup (India 2017) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2016
On point Sir..... "Dani Alves" indeed comes to mind as regards John Lazarus.

So also does Cafu and a certain Chidi Ordiah(only when @ his peak) come to mind when watching John play.

Worry not for him, He still got the Flying Eagles (u-20s) to prove his mettle yet again and display his wares.

Hopefully he won't fade away. He's just too good.

#smiles

BascoVanVeli:
I hope these teams don't forget Lazarus. He reminds me of Dani Alvez.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 7:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
On point Sir..... "Dani Alves" indeed comes to mind as regards John Lazarus.

So also does Cafu and a certain Chidi Ordiah(only when @ his peak) come to mind when watching John play.

Worry not for him, He still got the Flying Eagles (u-20s) to prove his mettle yet again and display his wares.

Hopefully he won't fade away. He's just too good.

#smiles

He was a major reason Osimhen scored so many goals. They really reminded me of Suarez and Alvez the way the connected.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
Manu's Flying Eagles' Odyssey to South Korea begins.
.........................................................................................

U20 AFCON: DR CONGO, MALAWI DARE
CHAMPIONS FLYING EAGLES

Nigeria’s defence of the U20 AFCON will have the
likes of DR Congo, Kenya and Malawi standing
between them and qualification for the tournament
proper in Zambia next year.
The seven-time African U20 champions have drawn
bye to the second round of the qualifiers in May, when they will come up against the overall winners of the first round clash between Burundi and DR Congo.

The Flying Eagles will play the second round first leg
match away from home between 20-22 May, while the return match at home will be staged in the
weekend of June 10-12.
The overall winners of this second round clash will
then be drawn against the winners of the Sudan vs
Kenya against Malawi.
The third and final round will be played in July.
The U20 AFCON will be hosted by Zambia from
February 26 to March 12, 2017.

africanfootball.com//news/610733/U20-AFCON-DR-Congo-Malawi-dare-champions-Flying-Eagles

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:25pm On Feb 11, 2016
Joseph1013, where is the Golden Eaglets thread: 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup in India
The show has began ooooo Naija here we go again discovering the new Isaac Success, Kelechi Iheanacho, Osimhen, Nwankali, e.t.c....

[size=14pt]
U17 AFCON qualifiers: Eaglets draw Niger, Algeria, Gabon lurking
[/size]

U17 world champions Nigeria will begin another continental quest when they face next-door neigbours Niger in a second round qualifier in August, but their qualifying pool also has Algeria, Libya and Gabon.

Algeria and Libya will do battle in the first round between June and July, before they face Gabon in the second round in August.

The overall winners will then battle the winners of the clash between Nigeria and Niger in September to determine the qualifier for the tournament to be staged by Madagascar in April 2017.

The top four teams in Madagascar will represent Africa at the 2017 U17 World Cup in India.
http://africanfootball.com/news/610735/U17-AFCON-qualifiers-Eaglets-draw-Niger-Algeria-Gabon-lurking

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:30pm On Feb 11, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
Manu's Flying Eagles' Odyssey to South Korea begins.
.........................................................................................

U20 AFCON: DR CONGO, MALAWI DARE
CHAMPIONS FLYING EAGLES

Nigeria’s defence of the U20 AFCON will have the
likes of DR Congo, Kenya and Malawi standing
between them and qualification for the tournament
proper in Zambia next year.
The seven-time African U20 champions have drawn
bye to the second round of the qualifiers in May, when they will come up against the overall winners of the first round clash between Burundi and DR Congo.

The Flying Eagles will play the second round first leg
match away from home between 20-22 May, while the return match at home will be staged in the
weekend of June 10-12.
The overall winners of this second round clash will
then be drawn against the winners of the Sudan vs
Kenya against Malawi.
The third and final round will be played in July.
The U20 AFCON will be hosted by Zambia from
February 26 to March 12, 2017.

africanfootball.com//news/610733/U20-AFCON-DR-Congo-Malawi-dare-champions-Flying-Eagles

As if them go fit. Hahahaha

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:34pm On Feb 11, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Arsenal-bound Chukwueze processes visa to England
[/size]

Samuel Chukwueze is set to soon join fellow Nigeria U17 star Kelechi Nwakali at EPL club Arsenal as he is now processing his entry visa to England.

The dashing forward is believed to have attended a visa interview in Abuja today in this respect.

Arsenal have agreed to sign Chukwueze and Nwakali from Diamond Academy of Umuahia.

But while Nwakali has since arrived London, Chukwueze is only sorting out his travel papers after a plan to ship him out to Red Bull Salzburg of Austria crashed.

“The boy’s trip to Austria to discuss with Red Bull was what has delayed his moving to England now,” said a top source.

The thinking then was that he stood a better chance at Red Bull than Arsenal, but he eventually turned his back on the Austrian club’s offer because it fell far short of expectations.

Chukwueze was the third highest scorer at last year’s FIFA U17 World Cup in Chile, which Nigeria won.
http://africanfootball.com/news/610728/Arsenal-bound-Chukwueze-processes-visa-to-England
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by joseph1013: 5:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
Joseph1013, where is the Golden Eaglets thread: 2017 FIFA U17 World Cup in India
The show has began ooooo Naija here we go again discovering the new Isaac Success, Kelechi Iheanacho, Osimhen, Nwankali, e.t.c....

[size=14pt]
U17 AFCON qualifiers: Eaglets draw Niger, Algeria, Gabon lurking
[/size]

U17 world champions Nigeria will begin another continental quest when they face next-door neigbours Niger in a second round qualifier in August, but their qualifying pool also has Algeria, Libya and Gabon.

Algeria and Libya will do battle in the first round between June and July, before they face Gabon in the second round in August.

The overall winners will then battle the winners of the clash between Nigeria and Niger in September to determine the qualifier for the tournament to be staged by Madagascar in April 2017.

The top four teams in Madagascar will represent Africa at the 2017 U17 World Cup in India.
http://africanfootball.com/news/610735/U17-AFCON-qualifiers-Eaglets-draw-Niger-Algeria-Gabon-lurking

https://www.nairaland.com/2723782/golden-eaglets-nigeria-thread-u-17

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 6:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 4:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Exclusive : Monaco Officials In Tunis For Contract Talks With CS Sfaxien Target Lukman Zakari
[/size]

Monaco are hoping to snatch Nigeria U17 international Lukman Zakari from under the noses of CS Sfaxien, allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report.

The Ligue 1 moneybags have firmed up their interest in the highly-rated stopper by submitting an offer to his Tunisian representative, Mahmoud Ouaddeni, and officials of the Principality club are on their way to Tunisia to formalize the deal.

Lukman Zakari and his entourage are expected to land in Tunis on Saturday for contract talks with CS Sfaxien, having departed the shores of the country early this morning.

The Tunisian club have offered the central defender a five-year deal with effect from December 2016, but the teenager is set to pen a preliminary contract this coming week, subject to a successful medical.

The Unity Academy starlet also attracted interest from Boavista , who were impressed with his display at the Fifa Under 17 World Cup hosted by Chile.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17896
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 5:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
BlackAlbino6:
[b][size=14pt]
Exclusive : Monaco Officials In Tunis For Contract Talks With CS Sfaxien Target Lukman Zakari
[/size]

Monaco are hoping to snatch Nigeria U17 international Lukman Zakari from under the noses of CS Sfaxien, allnigeriasoccer.com can exclusively report.

The Ligue 1 moneybags have firmed up their interest in the highly-rated stopper by submitting an offer to his Tunisian representative, Mahmoud Ouaddeni, and officials of the Principality club are on their way to Tunisia to formalize the deal.

Lukman Zakari and his entourage are expected to land in Tunis on Saturday for contract talks with CS Sfaxien, having departed the shores of the country early this morning.

The Tunisian club have offered the central defender a five-year deal with effect from December 2016, but the teenager is set to pen a preliminary contract this coming week, subject to a successful medical.

The Unity Academy starlet also attracted interest from Boavista , who were impressed with his display at the Fifa Under 17 World Cup hosted by Chile.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17896
[/b]

This is false news. According to his cousin @mrmowiz.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:23pm On Feb 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

This is false news. According to his cousin @mrmowiz.

I may begin to query the authority of these guys. They can be difficult to trust a times.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

I may begin to query the authority of these guys. They can be difficult to trust a times.

Allnigeriasoccer is not always reliable

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2016
[b][size=14pt]
Nigeria U17 star close to joining debt-ridden Sfaxien
[/size]

Junior Ajayi (left) with Sokari (right) - Both are owed by Tunisian club Sfaxien

by Samm Audu

Nigeria U17 defender Lukman Zakari is close to joining Tunisian club CS Sfaxien, who are neck-deep in debts according to top sources.

Zakari, from Unity Academy of Kaduna, was an ever-present as Nigeria clinched a record fifth U17 World Cup in Chile in November.

However, the youngster could face some hard times financially at the Tunisian club as compatriots Junior Ajayi and Kingsley Sokari are both to be paid sign-on fees and other obligations to their clubs and agents.

“Junior Ajayi has not been paid his sign-on fee by Sfaxien since he joined them in September. His club and agent have also not been paid,” disclosed the source.

“Sokari’s agent has also not been paid and you begin to wonder why the club keep accumulating more debts and responsibilities.”

It was further understood that players and officials of Sfaxien second team recently staged a lock-out to protest the non-payment of their entitlements.
http://africanfootball.com//news/612055/Nigeria-U17-star-close-to-joining-debt-ridden-Sfaxien

[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

Allnigeriasoccer is not always reliable

It's very unfortunate.

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 10:46pm On Feb 16, 2016
Now I think this is far better...... The Manu-Amuneke Rotation begins.
Amuneke up to U-20s with the core of the 2015 U-17 class plus other top U-20 talents.
Manu returns to do what he did between late 2011 and 2013. He stepped up to U-20 and struck Gold @AYC and would have repeated such @WYC (Fifa U-20 WC) but "Self-sabotage" struck.... I know both coaches are ready to right some wrongs. Let's go there!!!!!!!! #smiles

AMUNEKE LEADS FLYING EAGLES, MANU DROPS
TO U17S

Emmanuel Amuneke has been rewarded for leading
Nigeria to a fifth U17 World Cup with promotion as
coach of the country’s U20 team, the Flying Eagles,
while Manu Garba now takes over the U17s.
This was one of the decisions taken when the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF)executive committee met in Abuja Tuesday.
It was a dramatic reversal of an earlier decision for
Manu to retain his post as coach of the Flying Eagles, while Amuneke stays put with the Golden Eaglets.
Former Barcelona winger Amuneke assisted Manu,
when Nigeria won a fourth U17 World Cup in 2013 in
Abu Dhabi.
It was further gathered that Manu will lead his
coaching staff to the Eaglets, while Amuneke does
same to the Flying Eagles.

There were also changes on the backroom staff of
both teams.
Both teams will soon begin their qualifying
tournaments.
The Eaglets have been drawn against Niger in the
second round, while the Flying Eagles face the first
round winners between Burundi and DR Congo in
May.

africanfootball.com//news/612146/Amuneke-leads-Flying-Eagles-Manu-drops-to-U17s

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:15pm On Feb 16, 2016
Impressive decision. I can not wait to see Coach Amunike battle it out on a higher level. Great decision by the NFF.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by cue64: 2:42am On Feb 17, 2016
please when are they going to hold an open trial?
i'd like my younger brother to attend, anybody who knows please notify me
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 12:50am On Feb 18, 2016
According to certain latest, it seems Manu Garba may turn down or has turned down the U-17 job.

Great thing Amuneke moved up to U-20. But there are no confirmed reports that Manu has taken the U-17 job.

TheGoodJoe:
Impressive decision. I can not wait to see Coach Amunike battle it out on a higher level. Great decision by the NFF.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:45am On Feb 18, 2016
TheSuperNerd:
According to certain latest, it seems Manu Garba may turn down or has turned down the U-17 job.

Great thing Amuneke moved up to U-20. But there are no confirmed reports that Manu has taken the U-17 job.

I hope Coach Manu Garba takes the job and help us build another great set. After this, the NFF can work towards the pair, Coach Amunike and Coach Garba taking over the Olympics team.

It is right for Coach Amunike to continue with the boys he built.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by joseph1013: 8:37am On Feb 18, 2016
[b]With what has been happening for a while now with NFF, if I will hazard a guess, I will say that one of the reasons Manu may not take up this appointment is because he knows he will be owed a substantial amount of money in salaries and allowances. It's a terrible thing when an organization like NFF boasts that Oliseh should have kept quiet because Amuneke was owed...because Siasia was owed.

There is a controversial proposal I have to combat this...a proposal I fought against in the past but which I think offers the best way forward. Here is it:

Let there be an agreement between NFF and the youth coaches that they have a certain percentage in the transfer fees of the players they select who eventually go on to be successful in the Youth tournament and get signed by overseas clubs. With this, they are incentivized not just to select the best players who will deliver, but also know that they have definite greater rewards if they sacrifice their time, labour and resources to make Nigeria great.

The only snag is that after the tournament the coaches might want the players to move to the best clubs offering the most money and not necessarily the one that would provide the greatest opportunities for development. But to my mind, this is a small issue. The NFF, in the agreement, would have barred them from taking part in the transfer negotiations. Only their agents and the kids' parents, together with the guidance of NFF would be involved.

At the end of the day, the coaches win no matter what happens, as long as they put in their best.

This is my submission! No one likes to work in a place where salaries and allowances are not guaranteed
[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:08am On Feb 18, 2016
joseph1013:
[b]With what has been happening for a while now with NFF, if I will hazard a guess, I will say that one of the reasons Manu may not take up this appointment is because he knows he will be owed a substantial amount of money in salaries and allowances. It's a terrible thing when an organization like NFF boasts that Oliseh should have kept quiet because Amuneke was owed...because Siasia was owed.

There is a controversial proposal I have to combat this...a proposal I fought against in the past but which I think offers the best way forward. Here is it:

Let there be an agreement between NFF and the youth coaches that they have a certain percentage in the transfer fees of the players they select who eventually go on to be successful in the Youth tournament and get signed by overseas clubs. With this, they are incentivized not just to select the best players who will deliver, but also know that they have definite greater rewards if they sacrifice their time, labour and resources to make Nigeria great.

The only snag is that after the tournament the coaches might want the players to move to the best clubs offering the most money and not necessarily the one that would provide the greatest opportunities for development. But to my mind, this is a small issue. The NFF, in the agreement, would have barred them from taking part in the transfer negotiations. Only their agents and the kids' parents, together with the guidance of NFF would be involved.

At the end of the day, the coaches win no matter what happens, as long as they put in their best.

This is my submission! No one likes to work in a place where salaries and allowances are not guaranteed
[/b]

I think the best suggestion is for Amaju Pinnick to search for Sponsors. Our football is growing and we have stars that will attract lot of eyes which sponsors like.

If the League management company can secure billions from sponsors, I think if Amaju makes more strides, he can get sponsors that can handle the salaries of our coaches.

On your idea of the coaches having a percentage in transfers, I think this will hinder our process of using a lot of players from our local academies. These academy players already have agents and managers. Unless the agents and managers enter an agreement with the coaches.

This can also lead to agents and managers bribing the coaches to field their players. Leaving much better talents on the bench.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by joseph1013: 11:36am On Feb 18, 2016
TheGoodJoe:

I think the best suggestion is for Amaju Pinnick to search for Sponsors. Our football is growing and we have stars that will attract lot of eyes which sponsors like.

If the League management company can secure billions from sponsors, I think if Amaju makes more strides, he can get sponsors that can handle the salaries of our coaches.

On your idea of the coaches having a percentage in transfers, I think this will hinder our process of using a lot of players from our local academies. These academy players already have agents and managers. Unless the agents and managers enter an agreement with the coaches.

This can also lead to agents and managers bribing the coaches to field their players. Leaving much better talents on the bench.
[b]
Amaju no longer strikes me as someone who can get things done as far as Sponsorship is concerned. It seems to me that with him, as soon as we go one step forward, it's 3 steps backwards. I'm not holding my breath for these set of officials to make things happen.

On your reservation, the issue of bribing coaches to field players is something that has been happening and continues to happen. While it has reduced, it still happens. With my suggestion, I think they will not have a reason to make the bribes have a great impact on their selections. Take for instance, an agent of a player called Abdul Musa comes with a bribe of 200k to field him over Yakubu Shehu. You know that Yakubu is a better player than Abdul, but you know you can still manage Abdul. You are not being paid and so you need the 200k. Therefore you go with Abdul who can not pay at the top level.

However, if there is an agreement with NFF for a percentage of the transfer fees of your players, you want to select the best players because you know that if you win a tournament like the U17 and U20, the best clubs in the world will come for your players. Who would take 200k over 2% of $500,000? That's already 2.5m naira using $ = 250! Calculate having 5 of such players. Now tell me the incentives you have to take 500k from agents of players to select their average players.

This suggestion is the way forward if NFF continues to be broke and starve these coaches.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by joseph1013: 3:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
[b][size=14pt]CONFUSION OVER FLYING EAGLES JOB[/size]

The Nigeria Football Federation recent announcement of Emmanuel Amunike as new coach of the Nigeria U-20 team have thrown the football house into confusion.

After the announcement Manu Garba who was demoted to the U-17 from his U-20 role decline the offer of returning as coach of the U-17 as directed by the NFF.

On his part Amunike spoke to owngoalnigeria.com from his base in Spain to deny the appointment insisting he is yet to be informed and he wasn’t contacted before the announcement was made.

“I am not aware of my recent appointment as the coach of the U-20 and I dare say that is not how to employ a coach as negotiations were not done before the announcement” He told owngoalnigeria.com.

He however didn’t sound like he was going to reject the offer but if he does then the NFF will starting looking for coaches to handle the U-20 and U-17 national team.

http://owngoalnigeria.com/2016/02/18/confusion-over-flying-eagles-job/[/b]
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 4:13pm On Feb 18, 2016
NFF and incompetence.. How can you announce a coach without discussing with him?

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BascoVanVeli(m): 4:53pm On Feb 18, 2016
tbaba1234:
NFF and incompetence.. How can you announce a coach without discussing with him?

This i must agree was very unprofessional.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheSuperNerd(m): 7:58pm On Feb 18, 2016
The NFF did same when they initially said Manu will handle U-20s and Amuneke, the U-17s. None of them were contacted before such announcement.

Anyway, I saw reports that despite all the ruckus somehow, Manu Garba have recinded his decision to reject the U-17 job offer and have been accepted by the NFF "again" to coach the side. He will have new assistants.

Meanwhile, Amuneke also will no doubt handle the U-20s.

The NFF have organisational issues BUT I gotta commend them for listening to the good voice of reason in reinstating Manu Garba with the U-17s after initial rejection. And in moving Amuneke up to the U-20s.

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 8:46pm On Feb 18, 2016

Zakari signs for Tunisian side CSfaxien

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:48am On Feb 19, 2016
tbaba1234:

Zakari signs for Tunisian side CSfaxien

I saw this earlier yesterday or late day before yesterday, but was a kind of careful not to post any thing on it since you now allnigeriansoccer.com can be misleading at times.

Pls confirm........

[b][size=14pt]
Drama In Tunisia As Golden Eaglets Star Zakari Refuses To Undergo CS Sfaxien Medical
[/size]

Nigeria Under 17 international Lukman Zakari has rejected a move to Tunisian Ligue 1 team CS Sfaxien.

Zakari and his representatives have been in Tunisia since Saturday for contract talks withThe Juventus of the Arabsbut the proposed move is on the brink of collapse after the central defender rejected having a medical with the club.

“Lukman Zakari said he does not want the deal again. For reasons best known to him, he said he is not going for any medical,” a source privy to negotiations informeda llnigeriasoccer.com.

“His club (Unity Academy),parents and family want him to sign and they have said someone is telling him a different thing.”

CS Sfaxien have given their visitors from Nigeria a royal treatment, paying for their flight tickets and lodging them at the five-star hotel, El Mouradi Hotel but those expenses will never be recovered if the Golden Eaglets star does not sign a pre-contract.

The 17-year-old Zakari was on the radar of Boavista and Monaco prior to his trip to Tunisia.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17941
[/b]
Also today...
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Cs Sfaxien
Nigeria U17 star rejects Sfaxien millions as he claims Euro interest
http://africanfootball.com/news/612565/Nigeria-U17-star-rejects-Sfaxien-millions-as-he-claims-Euro-interest[/size]
[img][/img]
Nigeria's Eaglets won a fifth U17 World Cup

It can be revealed by AfricanFootball.com that Nigeria U17 defender Lukman Zakari turned down a lucrative offer from CS Sfaxien because the player claims he has offers in Europe.

Eaglets star set for Tunisia switch
A source, who is familiar with the botched transfer of the promising central defender to Tunisia, reeled out the details of the Sfaxien offer.

- $200,000 to player’s Unity Academy in Kaduna
- $50,000 to the player’s family
- $50,000 sign-on fee for the player

- $8,500 monthly salary
The source further said that the player will receive an initial payment of $5,000 from his sign-on fee with the balance of $45,000 paid when his ITC has been received.

The family will get $10,000 for starters and once the ITC has been sent through, they will get the balance of $40,000.

However, the player, who was ever-present as Nigeria won a record fifth U17 World Cup in November, refused to sign the deal, claiming he has better offers in England and Spain.

He and his agent are now due back in Nigeria this week.
africanfootball.com/news/612565/Nigeria-U17-star-rejects-Sfaxien-millions-as-he-claims-Euro-interest
[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by BlackAlbino6(m): 7:52am On Feb 19, 2016
If this news is true, then where is the NFF and the sports minister's stands?
[b][size=14pt]
CS Sfaxien Might Be Sanctioned By Fifa After Forcing Minor Lukman Zakari To Sign Contract
[/size]

Tunisian Ligue 1 club CS Sfaxiencould face the wrath of football’s governing body, FIFA, overtheir illegal acquisition of Nigeria Under 17 international Lukman Zakari.

Article19 of the Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players states that the international transfers of players are only permitted if the player is over the age of 18.

But pictures, which have been confirmed bya llnigeriasoccer.com, have surfaced showing Lukman Zakari being forced to sign an illegal five-year contract by Tunisian intermediary Mahmoud Ouaddeni.

In addition, the Golden Eaglets star traveled to Tunisia without being accompanied by his parents or blood relatives.

As at Wednesday, February 17, the central defender had put his foot down, declaring that he was not interested in a move to CS Sfaxien.

This website has contacted the family members of the Unity Academy starlet to hear their version of events.
www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=17960
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:27pm On Feb 19, 2016
The Nigerian footballing authorities should sort this out before it turns into something else. Tunisian clubs lack professionalism. If the boy has better offers, let him go and hunt for young talents to fill the void.
Re: Flying Eagles Of Nigeria Thread: U-20 World Cup (South Korea 2017) by tbaba1234: 4:55pm On Feb 19, 2016
BlackAlbino6:

I saw this earlier yesterday or late day before yesterday, but was a kind of careful not to post any thing on it since you now allnigeriansoccer.com can be misleading at times.

Pls confirm........

Also today...
[b][size=14pt]
AF Nigeria Cs Sfaxien
Nigeria U17 star rejects Sfaxien millions as he claims Euro interest
http://africanfootball.com/news/612565/Nigeria-U17-star-rejects-Sfaxien-millions-as-he-claims-Euro-interest[/size]
[img][/img]
Nigeria's Eaglets won a fifth U17 World Cup

It can be revealed by AfricanFootball.com that Nigeria U17 defender Lukman Zakari turned down a lucrative offer from CS Sfaxien because the player claims he has offers in Europe.

Eaglets star set for Tunisia switch
A source, who is familiar with the botched transfer of the promising central defender to Tunisia, reeled out the details of the Sfaxien offer.

- $200,000 to player’s Unity Academy in Kaduna
- $50,000 to the player’s family
- $50,000 sign-on fee for the player

- $8,500 monthly salary
The source further said that the player will receive an initial payment of $5,000 from his sign-on fee with the balance of $45,000 paid when his ITC has been received.

The family will get $10,000 for starters and once the ITC has been sent through, they will get the balance of $40,000.

However, the player, who was ever-present as Nigeria won a record fifth U17 World Cup in November, refused to sign the deal, claiming he has better offers in England and Spain.

He and his agent are now due back in Nigeria this week.
africanfootball.com/news/612565/Nigeria-U17-star-rejects-Sfaxien-millions-as-he-claims-Euro-interest
[/b]

According to @mrmowiz, He has signed for Cfaxien. He even has a shirt number.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (38) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Caught Fingering Marcelo As They Celebrate Against Valencia / Kanu Nwankwo's Son Flaunts His Father's Ferrari / Lionel Messi Gets A Drive From President Of Gabon (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.