Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,954 members, 7,806,762 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

The 2years Old Original Apple In My Dad Compound - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The 2years Old Original Apple In My Dad Compound (10256 Views)

The Plants And Animals I Saw In My Uncle's Compound (Photos) / My Pineapple Plantation In Our Compound / See The Big Fish A Nairalander Reared In His Compound. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2years Old Original Apple In My Dad Compound by Munzy14(m): 11:05pm On Jul 19, 2017
UrennaNkoli:

Thats not the conventional apple we all know. Its a sub specie of apple. I cant really remember the name.
It's not far from a bigger specie of bell apple. the common variety we all know.
the green apple, only sprouts in cold region like mangu in jos, plateau state. and it takes 5-7yrs to fruit.
before fruiting, it is first of all pollinated with a swam of bees. which is the reason why it fruits in excess,from few inches above the ground down to all branches. its height is similar to that of a good fruiting orange tree.
for u to break the dormancy of the seed u need a temperature similar to that of a refrigerator.

1 Like

Re: The 2years Old Original Apple In My Dad Compound by pat077: 1:15pm On Jul 25, 2017
@op, where are you...... Come update us
Re: The 2years Old Original Apple In My Dad Compound by pat077: 9:22pm On Jul 25, 2017
Lstar4real:
It getting bigger. ...I will update more pics Tomorrow
what is the update on this your apple

1 Like

Re: The 2years Old Original Apple In My Dad Compound by pat077: 2:07am On Jul 29, 2017
Munzy14:

It's not far from a bigger specie of bell apple. the common variety we all know.
the green apple, only sprouts in cold region like mangu in jos, plateau state. and it takes 5-7yrs to fruit.
before fruiting, it is first of all pollinated with a swam of bees. which is the reason why it fruits in excess,from few inches above the ground down to all branches. its height is similar to that of a good fruiting orange tree.
for u to break the dormancy of the seed u need a temperature similar to that of a refrigerator.
do u know where one can get this particular specie?
Re: The 2years Old Original Apple In My Dad Compound by doubtingthomas(m): 1:20pm On Jun 26, 2019
Please, I would like to experiment on this in Akwa Ibom. Can we connect on WhatsApp?
Re: The 2years Old Original Apple In My Dad Compound by wilsonuwakaiyeme: 5:55pm On Jun 26, 2019
Can this apple grow in our soil. And how much do you sell the seed
Re: The 2years Old Original Apple In My Dad Compound by Evolution12: 6:30pm On Jun 27, 2019
It is very sweet, especially when kept in refrigerator. It has just one big seed in the middle, unlike the popular green apple with many tiny seeds. The fact that it has just one big seed in it makes me prefer it to the popular green one.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Automatic And Manual Palm Oil Machines For Palm Processing In Aba Abia Nigeria. / How To Be A Successful Tomatoes And Plantain Farmer. / My NIAS (Nigeria Institute Of Animal Science) Exam Comes Up This Saturday.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.