Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,847 members, 7,802,709 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / . (1092 Views)

Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / Is Bible The Word Of God? The Bible And Paedophilia. / The Christian God The HOLY SPIRIT Is An " IT" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Superstar007(m): 12:25pm On Nov 08, 2015
Re: . by samuelezekiel(m): 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2015
The will of the LORD must be done...its a must. He created Satan and Satan choose to go bad, like a failed experiment, the decided to dethrone God...but you can not have two kings in a kingdom...so God threw him down to earth. He is the prince of principality, of Powers too, He is also the Prince of peace.
The darkness was created for those who go against the will of God.
I put b4 you good and evil, but choose good.
Re: . by samuelezekiel(m): 1:15pm On Nov 08, 2015
Superstar007:
Growing as a Christian, I was made to believe that God is perfect, God is good and all of that, while on the other hand, Satan is the absolute opposite of God, He is terrible, wicked, in fact he perfectly fits the description of evil and I'm sure that's what we were all taught.
But reading the Bible, this claim doesn't seem to be actually true. The Bible has made mention of various stances in which God happens to be the progenitor of the evil himself. I will mentioned 4 of such portions in the Bible.
1. Exodus 9v12, Exodus 20v1, 11v10, 14v4
These verses talks about Pharoah and the Israelites, In each of the verses it mentioned God hardening the heart of Pharoah so he won't let the Israelites leave Egypt, so he could prove himself to him, in the course of trying to prove himself to him, he sent 10 plagues upon the Egyptians even when Pharoah had let the Israelites to go, God wasn't satisfied, he further went on to make Pharoah pursue them so he could drown him. This begs the question, if God was able to harden Pharaoh's heart, why didn't he just soften his heart so the Israelites could leave without hassles.
2. 1 Samuel 16v14-16
This verse is self explanatory, God sent an evil spirit to Saul after he had chosen David to be King. In 1 Samuel 18v10, the evil spirit nearly led Saul to kill David, same happened in 19v9-10.
3. 2nd Samuel 24v1.
Here God caused David to go against Israel to count the people of Israel and Judah but then God later punished Israel for this by "smitting" them but in 1st Chronicles 21v1, it mentions that Satan caused David to do that. So, the interpretation most people give here is that God gave room for Satan to lead David. Why would God do that knowing fully that David will obey the directive only for him to later punish the Israelites for same?
This is the last one, here God affirms to the fact that he created evil.
4. Isaiah 4v7
"I form the light, and create the darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things" KJV
Amos 3 v 6:
"...shall there be evil in a city, and the Lord hath not done it? "
So, there is it. Is God the Originator Of Evil or is Satan actually the bad guy?

Brethren I think the question you shld ask is WHY?

why did God harden pheroah's heart, send an evil spirit to saul, e.t.c

They must have done something wrong...The Lord is just in all his ways....as the heaven is far from the earth so is His ways from our ways.
Re: . by Superstar007(m): 1:24pm On Nov 08, 2015
samuelezekiel:
The will of the LORD must be done...its a must. He created Satan and Satan choose to go bad, like a failed experiment, the decided to dethrone God...but you can not have two kings in a kingdom...so God threw him down to earth. He is the prince of principality, of Powers too, He is also the Prince of peace.
The darkness was created for those who go against the will of God.
I put b4 you good and evil, but choose good.

Satan is the prince of peace? How?
But these verses I quoted showed God perpetuating the evil himself not Satan.
Why should God do evil but requires us to choose good? Remember God is perfect which means he should be without evil as can be seen in Psalm 5v4
Re: . by Superstar007(m): 1:27pm On Nov 08, 2015
samuelezekiel:

Brethren I think the question you shld ask is WHY?

why did God harden pheroah's heart, send an evil spirit to saul, e.t.c

They must have done something wrong...The Lord is just in all his ways....as the heaven is far from the earth so is His ways from our ways.

Tell me, Why?
Re: . by Richirich713: 6:32am On Nov 09, 2015
Should we only consider the KJV views about the hebrew word ra?

The One forming light and creating darkness, causing well-being and creating calamity; I am the Lord who does all these. (NASB)

I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things. (NIV)

I form light and create darkness, I make weal and create woe; I the Lord do all these things. (NRSV)

I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace and create evil; I the Lord do all these things"

I make prosperity and I create disaster"

Former of light, creator of darkness; Maker of peace, creator of violence"
Re: . by samuelezekiel(m): 9:10pm On Feb 02, 2016
Superstar007:

Satan is the prince of peace? How?
But these verses I quoted showed God perpetuating the evil himself not Satan.
Why should God do evil but requires us to choose good? Remember God is perfect which means he should be without evil as can be seen in Psalm 5v4

Not satan, Jesus is the prince of peace, of power, principality...God is not dead.

(1) (Reply)

The Dangers Of Committing Illegal Sex (zina, Adultery & Fornication) / Corruption Among Believers In Our Churches Today / Photo: Husband Of Murdered Abuja RCCG Evangelist, Eunice Olawale, Weeps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.