Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 AM

I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! (9998 Views)

Please Help Me Clear My Mind About This Issue / Do You Have Any Questions About God , The Bible Or Christianity? Bring Them Here / Comparison Grid: Roman Catholicism, Jehovah Witnesses, Mormon With Christianity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Leon2036(m): 11:56pm On Nov 08, 2015
ikes9:

Pleased to meet yhu too... Wah stake are yhu in
bein city nigeria ikpokpan stake
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by parisbookaddict(f): 11:58pm On Nov 08, 2015
Rilwayne001:

Through the biblical holy spirit of course undecided

Mr muslim..keep off.. i am discussing with a mormon..or have u turned to one....

1 Like

Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by parisbookaddict(f): 12:20am On Nov 09, 2015
Leon2036:
thru praying pondering and asking.

Nope..

If u dont know the answer to this simple question then u are indeed in need of learning a lot about joseph smith...

havent u ever heard about the copper plates he claimed he dug up??

Next question...did u know he had a criminal record?
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by ikes9(m): 12:28am On Nov 09, 2015
Leon2036:

that's nice...I'm in lekki ward Lagos south stake
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by johnydon22(m): 2:40am On Nov 09, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Nope..

If u dont know the answer to this simple question then u are indeed in need of learning a lot about joseph smith...

Bros it's Gold plates not Copper...
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by johnydon22(m): 2:42am On Nov 09, 2015
Leon2036:

So how come Jesus is allergic to africa that he never visited...but visited America.?

Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by johnydon22(m): 2:44am On Nov 09, 2015
Leon2036:
thanks sir, buh I can't give u a portrait, cos i don't have 1 and I knw none exist, he lives that I know of, but I can't categorically tell you where he lives cos I don't know, but I know of a place called the celestial kingdom where every righteous man on earth will attain some day, after our mortal earth, during our post mortal earth God dwells in the heavens that I know of and someday we will all answer to him... thanks

Is this another way of telling me you don't really know, you just believe it anyway even though you have not the slightest idea of the whole yarn..

Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Nobody: 3:36am On Nov 09, 2015
This is interesting, I grew up mormon though the black sheep in the family cheesy okay tell me the first 3 articles of faith, and why are there no crosses on LDS churches smiley
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Richirich713: 11:00am On Nov 09, 2015
Did Joseph Smith make any prophecies ?

And if so did they come true?
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Rilwayne001: 11:12am On Nov 09, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Mr muslim..keep off.. i am discussing with a mormon..or have u turned to one....

… Whatever undecided
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by parisbookaddict(f): 11:18am On Nov 09, 2015
johnydon22:

Bros it's Gold plates not Copper...

Lol..no its wasnt gold tablets.. he was a hustler..Definitely could not afford gold tablets.. initial plates was copper or brass or whatever. .. have no idea if he later upgraded to gold..
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by tartar9(m): 11:37am On Nov 09, 2015
reminds me of one paul
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Leon2036(m): 4:27pm On Nov 09, 2015
johnydon22:

Is this another way of telling me you don't really know, you just believe it anyway even though you have not the slightest idea of the whole yarn..

what I mean is that I would only tell you what I know and can defend, he lives and he dwells in the heavens..
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Leon2036(m): 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Nope..

my dear u want to ask questions? or u want 2 critize/ educate me?
the brass plate u means which contains God dealings with the ancient inhabitants of America, u heard he has a criminal record my dear don't speak wot u didn't comfirm, criticism brought about a lot of falsehood about him that he was even murdered cos he refused to deny what he knows, find out ur facts before u speak!!
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by trapQ: 4:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
According to your church doctrine, how did blacks come into existence??

why call yourself "Mormon" when you can just say you're a christian??

why don't you clap hands in your church?? or didn't Paul and Silas clap hands??

why do you forbid periwinkle??

why don't you take coke?? because of caffeine?? if so, isn't caffeine also found in bournvita, Lipton tea??

who exactly is prophet Joseph Smith and why isn't he biblical??

Also why did he give false prophecies??
Leon2036:
a lot of people has so many misconceptions about THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS popularly known as the MORMONS, I knw i'm not fit to answer all your questions, buh promise to answer to best of my knowledge just to clear some of your doubts about us!! so here I am as your questions as i'll gladly answer with scriptural references .

2 Likes

Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Leon2036(m): 5:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
trapQ:
According to your church doctrine, how did blacks come into existence??

why call yourself "Mormon" when you can just say you're a christian??

why don't you clap hands in your church?? or didn't Paul and Silas clap hands??

why do you forbid periwinkle??

why don't you take coke?? because of caffeine?? if so, isn't caffeine also found in bournvita, Lipton tea??

who exactly is prophet Joseph Smith and why isn't he biblical??

Also why did he give false prophecies??
1, black came into existence same way every human came into existence or did the bible say sumtin different?
2, some are called, catholics, some pentecostal, some so hence Mormon, it's a means of identification, in the United state cos of the book of mormon..
3, we sing hymns n play n play organs cos the spirit does not dwell in a noisy environment, so we do not clap cos we do not want the spirit of the Lord to depart..
4, I haven't heard that before bro! cos as a matter of fact I eat it, we both knw men will always form thier own laws, i'm sure that was formed in ur part of Nigeria, please that's a wrong impression.
5, there is no law in the church that refrains any member from drinking cola or any substance that contain caffeine and cola, it was simply stated that they re not good for our body n people decided 2 see it as a law, nobody would chastise u for drinking coke....thanks
Joseph smith was a prophet of the church, who, under the authority of the holy Ghost founded the church...
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by trapQ: 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
you're probably new to the church then, my uncle and his family all go to that church and three of his children have done their missionary work...

I'd have you know that my cousin told me and proved to me from your bible that blacks came as a result of a scar which GOD gave to someone for being disobedient to him. that's means blacks came as result of a curse.

calling yourself Mormon is wrong. if you're a Christian just say so. whether or not the catholics or Pentecostals or Anglicans do that doesn't make it justifiable.

you probably don't know it but your church forbids its members drinking coke.

you didn't reply me concerning prophet Joseph smith
Leon2036:
1, black came into existence same way every human came into existence or did the bible say sumtin different?
2, some are called, catholics, some pentecostal, some so hence Mormon, it's a means of identification, in the United state cos of the book of mormon..
3, we sing hymns n play n play organs cos the spirit does not dwell in a noisy environment, so we do not clap cos we do not want the spirit of the Lord to depart..
4, I haven't heard that before bro! cos as a matter of fact I eat it, we both knw men will always form thier own laws, i'm sure that was formed in ur part of Nigeria, please that's a wrong impression.
5, there is no law in the church that refrains any member from drinking cola or any substance that contain caffeine and cola, it was simply stated that they re not good for our body n people decided 2 see it as a law, nobody would chastise u for drinking coke....thanks

1 Like

Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Leon2036(m): 5:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
trapQ:
you're probably new to the church then, my uncle and his family all go to that church and three of his children have done their missionary work...

I'd have you know that my cousin told me and proved to me from your bible that blacks came as a result of a scar which GOD gave to someone for being disobedient to him. that's means blacks came as result of a curse.

calling yourself Mormon is wrong. if you're a Christian just say so. whether or not the catholics or Pentecostals or Anglicans do that doesn't make it justifiable.

hmmm, it's either they didn't explain to u well enough or u mis quoted them he was actually referring to the lamanites whom God cursed with a scar buh promised that if they repent they will be as with as a snow!! and not the blacks, blacks already existed even before that time, yes u re right i'm a christian and not a mornon buh if I told u now that I was a christian u would need 2 ask 2many questions before identifying where I worship....n I think been upto 15yrs in the church n a returned missionary is enough to say i'm new, buh let it be known to u that the church does not forbid anybody frm drinking coke u re only taught the harmful effect of it and adviced to abstain thanks
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Leon2036(m): 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2015
trapQ:

the church official statement on the coke issue is this, they didn't mention any company like coca cola, they only said the substances contained in sum beverages are dengerous and harmful to our system and as such are adviced to try and abstain from it, on the joseph smith issue I believe I answered u, about the fake prophecies none that I know of please tell me.
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Leon2036(m): 5:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
ikes9:

that's nice...I'm in lekki ward Lagos south stake
nice
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Leon2036(m): 5:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
Adanna28:
This is interesting, I grew up mormon though the black sheep in the family cheesy okay tell me the first 3 articles of faith, and why are there no crosses on LDS churches smiley
1, we believe in God the eternal father and his son Jesus christ and in the Holy Ghost.
2, we believe that men will be punished for thier own sin not for Adams transgression
3.we believe that through the atonement of christ all man kind may may saved , by obedience to the laws and ordinances of the gospel., my dear sister is it a cross u worship?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Leon2036(m): 6:02pm On Nov 09, 2015
Richirich713:
Did Joseph Smith make any prophecies ?

And if so did they come true?
the American war, world war1, world war2
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Leon2036(m): 6:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Lol..no its wasnt gold tablets.. he was a hustler..Definitely could not afford gold tablets.. initial plates was copper or brass or whatever. .. have no idea if he later upgraded to gold..

i'm sure you've not gotten to the part were he was offered money, n were he was tempted by friends to sell the Gold plate? people like u are kind of people I like to sit down n lecture, don't critisize wo u don't know!!
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by parisbookaddict(f): 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
Leon2036:
i'm sure you've not gotten to the part were he was offered money, n were he was tempted by friends to sell the Gold plate? people like u are kind of people I like to sit down n lecture, don't critisize wo u don't know!!

Look.. sorry if i sound judgemental. . I have studied a little abour joseph smith.. he seemed to be a fraud.. especially owning to the fact that none of his claims of events in north america have been backed up by any shred of historical evidence. ..

So please tell me about his allegedly criminal record.. was it the work of his enemies.. was it lies.
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by parisbookaddict(f): 6:28pm On Nov 09, 2015
Leon2036:
the American war, world war1, world war2

Oh really.. can u quote them.. any references? ?
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Leon2036(m): 7:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Look.. sorry if i sound judgemental. . I have studied a little abour joseph smith.. he seemed to be a fraud.. especially owning to the fact that none of his claims of events in north america have been backed up by any shred of historical evidence. ..

So please tell me about his allegedly criminal record.. was it the work of his enemies.. was it lies.
give me proof of his criminal records n back them with evidence then we can continue from there.
and just just just know u re actually bringing bringing pass one of hi prophecies right now!!
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Leon2036(m): 7:10pm On Nov 09, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Oh really.. can u quote them.. any references? ?
Verily, thus saith the Lord concerning the wars that will shortly come to pass, beginning at the rebellion of South Carolina, which will eventually terminate in the death and misery of many souls;
2 And the time will come that war will be poured out upon all nations, beginning at this place.
3 For behold, the Southern States shall be divided against the Northern States, and the Southern States will call on other nations, even the nation of Great Britain, as it is called, and they shall also call upon other nations, in order to defend themselves against other nations; and then war shall be poured out upon all nations.
4 And it shall come to pass, after many days, slaves shall rise up against their masters, who shall be marshaled and disciplined for war.
5 And it shall come to pass also that the remnants who are left of the land will marshal themselves, and shall become exceedingly angry, and shall vex the Gentiles with a sore vexation.
6 And thus, with the sword and by bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightning also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full end of all nations;
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by parisbookaddict(f): 8:06pm On Nov 09, 2015
Leon2036:
Verily, thus saith the Lord concerning the wars that will shortly come to pass, beginning at the rebellion of South Carolina, which will eventually terminate in the death and misery of many souls;
2 And the time will come that war will be poured out upon all nations, beginning at this place.
3 For behold, the Southern States shall be divided against the Northern States, and the Southern States will call on other nations, even the nation of Great Britain, as it is called, and they shall also call upon other nations, in order to defend themselves against other nations; and then war shall be poured out upon all nations.
4 And it shall come to pass, after many days, slaves shall rise up against their masters, who shall be marshaled and disciplined for war.
5 And it shall come to pass also that the remnants who are left of the land will marshal themselves, and shall become exceedingly angry, and shall vex the Gentiles with a sore vexation.
6 And thus, with the sword and by bloodshed the inhabitants of the earth shall mourn; and with famine, and plague, and earthquake, and the thunder of heaven, and the fierce and vivid lightning also, shall the inhabitants of the earth be made to feel the wrath, and indignation, and chastening hand of an Almighty God, until the consumption decreed hath made a full end of all nations;

Lol... so this is the american war, war 1 and 2 prophesies. .as u claimed

I hope u know that after the next world war (ww3) people like u will come out and produce these verses and claim smith prophesied world war 3..

Right now u are puzzled. . Who says their will be world war 3... of course there will be... humans have waged war on each other for millennia. . Iran may be the next trigger or maybe north korea or USA or saudi whalabis or germany after the muslims take over.. its inevitable. .there will always be wars as long as humans are in charge. ... Thoses verses u produced are not prophesies. . Smith was just stating the obvious..

Smith claiming that there will be an american civil war is not a prophecy. . The north and south of america didnt get along at his time... war was inevitable. . till today the south and north of america are at peace because of the union arrangement which did not exist during smiths time....they have very different values..

Look... mormons are nice people.. i like ur churches, very nice and organized but ur believes as created by smith are very blasphemous. ..

Please can u remind me who Jesus is according to mormons .. and who is lucifer according to ur doctrine..

Again my apologies if i am being judgemental. .
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by parisbookaddict(f): 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2015
Leon2036:
give me proof of his criminal records n back them with evidence then we can continue from there.
and just just just know u re actually bringing bringing pass one of hi prophecies right now!!

Oh really.. pls do share..

Im the meantime
go to the Internet ..its all there..
U dont have to believe it by the way. Anybody can post anything on the internet..

Please when u have the time u need to do something..
Look up Russell taze, elron hubbert (scientology) and lastly the Gold standard for false prophets, mohammed .. compare these men and joseph smith and see the striking similarities of their alleged revelations , doctrine and life style..
Then read this

1 John 2:22, 'Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that
Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son.
1 John 4:2-3 "By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world." Several times this term is used in the plural, and can be applied to almost anyone who is opposed to Christ. Those who deny that Jesus came in the flesh are anti-Christ or of the spirit of antichrist.

1 John 4:1
beloved,believe not every spirit,but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets has gone into the world.

When u are done, tell me what u think..
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Leon2036(m): 9:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Oh really.. pls do share..

Im the meantime
go to the Internet ..its all there..
U dont have to believe it by the way. Anybody can post anything on the internet..

Please when u have the time u need to do something..
Look up Russell taze, elron hubbert (scientology) and lastly the Gold standard for false prophets, mohammed .. compare these men and joseph smith and see the striking similarities of their alleged revelations , doctrine and life style..
Then read this

1 John 2:22, 'Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that
Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--denying the Father and the Son.
1 John 4:2-3 "By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; and this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world." Several times this term is used in the plural, and can be applied to almost anyone who is opposed to Christ. Those who deny that Jesus came in the flesh are anti-Christ or of the spirit of antichrist.

1 John 4:1
beloved,believe not every spirit,but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets has gone into the world.

When u are done, tell me what u think..
you have proving proving think u re 2 enlightened, my dear lemme tell tell sumtin, thousands scholars has done exactly wot u re tryin 2 do muslim scholars et Al and a lot of them have come to find truth in all they critize that dey now come in harmony with the church, have u Nd anywhere he was quoted as denying Christ on whoms foundation church was built? u knw what I would want to really talk more cos i'd i'd to educate u, buh if the privacy o my younger brother who opened this acct, i'd keep it straight with u if u really want to talk though let me know
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by parisbookaddict(f): 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
Leon2036:
you have proving proving think u re 2 enlightened, my dear lemme tell tell sumtin, thousands scholars has done exactly wot u re tryin 2 do muslim scholars et Al and a lot of them have come to find truth in all they critize that dey now come in harmony with the church, have u Nd anywhere he was quoted as denying Christ on whoms foundation church was built? u knw what I would want to really talk more cos i'd i'd to educate u, buh if the privacy o my younger brother who opened this acct, i'd keep it straight with u if u really want to talk though let me know

Please u have to type more consciously. .
Its very difficult reading your post

Yes i would like to know more about your doctrine

According to Mormon doctrine
who is Jesus

Who is lucifer

Do u agree with muslims view on who jesus is..
Re: I'm A “MORMON" Ask Me Any Questions Let Me Clear You Doubt!! by Leon2036(m): 10:55pm On Nov 09, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Please u have to type more consciously. .
Its very difficult reading your post

Yes i would like to know more about your doctrine

According to Mormon doctrine
who is Jesus

Who is lucifer

Do u agree with muslims view on who jesus is..

sorry I was typing in a hurry as I was inside a bus,
Jesus christ is the only begotten of the father in flesh, the saviour and redeemer of the world
Lucifer, is the bright morning star the shinning one an angel of God who rebelled against God!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Fell The Soldiers That Came To Arrest Jesus? / Have You Ever Fallen Under Anointing? / Next Time You See Someone Speaking In Tongues In Church, Slap Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 131
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.