Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) (55927 Views)

Africans That Won The World Cup With France. / Asisat Oshoala Wins FA Cup With Arsenal Ladies / Nigeria Wins U17 World Cup For Record 5th Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by ofofoCEO(f): 5:35am On Nov 09, 2015
Victor Osimhen and Nigeria the big winners
(FIFA.com) 09 Nov 2015

With an outstanding team packed with talented players, Nigeria successfully defended their crown at the FIFA U-17 World Cup Chile 2015. Furthermore, the west Africans took centre stage when it came to the individual honours too.

Top scorer Victor Osimhen and captain Kelechi Nwakali both made their mark on the competition, and after winning the adidas Golden Ball as the tournament’s best player, the latter followed in the footsteps of Cesc Fabregas and Toni Kroos, who are now key members of the senior sides with their respective national teams. Osimhen set a new U-17 World Cup goalscoring record, while Mali’s Samuel Diarra and Ecuador’s example of Fair Play were also recognised.

Adidas Golden Ball: Kelechi Nwakali (Nigeria)
After missing the 2013 party because he was not included in the list, however, the playmaker showed his worth as he shouldered responsibilities and kept a cool head in difficult moments. He scored three goals, including two penalties, and provided a further three assists, a haul that also brought him the adidas Bronze Boot.

Adidas Silver Ball: Victor Osimhen (Nigeria)
The striker, who names Didier Drogba as his role model, more than lived up to expectations in Chile after finding the net in all seven games at the competition. His effort in the final – his tenth goal overall – set a new tournament record, beating the previous best-mark set by Côte d’Ivoire’s Souleymane Coulibaly in 2011 and France’s Florent Sinama Pongolle in 2001. Osimhen duly finished as top scorer in South America.

Adidas Bronze Ball: Aly Malle (Mali)
Alongside Boubacar Traore, Sekou Koita and Sidiki Maiga, Malle formed part of an impressive attacking line-up that put opponents under pressure right from the off. Operating as a nominal striker, the No9 often dropped deep to pick up the ball and brought his team-mates into the game on countless occasions.

adidas Golden Boot: Victor Osimhen (Nigeria/10 goals, 2 assists)
Victor needs no further introduction, he is the man of the moment obviously. Am sure his dad will be in his house right now like ''Osimhen, I know say one day you go make us Proud''.

adidas Silver Boot: Johannes Eggestein (Germany/4 goals, 0 assists)
Eggestein’s best performances for Germany came in the group stage, where he found the target four times in three matches to go joint-top of the scorers’ chart alongside Osimhen after the first phase of the tournament. Although the striker, who plays for Bundesliga club Werder Bremen, was unable to add to his tally after Germany were eliminated by Croatia in the Round of 16, he still did enough to win the adidas Silver Boot.

Adidas Bronze Boot: Kelechi Nwakali (Nigeria/3 goals, 3 assists)
Captain Fantastic was alway in hand to expel opposition attack Gattuso style and also recycled fast as Cave would do. No doubt, Nwakali is Mr Capable.

Adidas Golden Glove: Samuel Diarra (Mali)
For the fourth time in tournament history, the best goalkeeper of the finals was presented with an award. this time the winner was Samuel Diarra, who reached the final with African champions Mali and routinely frustrated opposition strikers with some spectacular saves

Fair Play Award: Ecuador

In their five games at the tournament, the South Americans only committed 69 fouls, collected just four yellow cards and had one sending off for a second bookable offence, making coach Jose Rodriguez’s charges worthy winners of the FIFA Fair Play Award.

Source: http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/news/y=2015/m=11/news=osimhen-and-nigeria-the-big-winners-2731560.html

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by Ini22(f): 5:35am On Nov 09, 2015
Congrats

I dedicate dis to the world best husband. "MM"

6 Likes

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by HerexG(m): 5:39am On Nov 09, 2015
Hmm

1 Like

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by Ololanla: 5:55am On Nov 09, 2015
Good one

2 Likes

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by Babzrockman: 6:03am On Nov 09, 2015
This U-17 world cup victory and record breaking highlight the need to give youth the chance in this country. Winning the competition 5times and the super eagles yet to make it to Quarter final.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by ofofoCEO(f): 6:15am On Nov 09, 2015
Babzrockman:
This U-17 world cup victory and record breaking highlight the need to give youth the chance in this country. Winning the competition 5times and the super eagles yet to make it to Quarter final.

Those lads played with passion and hunger, they know what they want.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by Nobody: 6:17am On Nov 09, 2015
Well done boys

1 Like

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by Nobody: 6:19am On Nov 09, 2015
Our boys has made us pride #in kanu voice

1 Like

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by Nobody: 6:20am On Nov 09, 2015
Buhari hope this boys will get a building each @ abuja. #i miss my friend jona

4 Likes

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 09, 2015
Congratulations guys. This is testament to the fact that Nigerians are talented and just need the right platform to showcase their skills and become world champions.

10 Likes

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by MathsChic(f): 6:30am On Nov 09, 2015
They did pretty well. Only watched the last 20 minutes.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by yhemsy62(m): 7:08am On Nov 09, 2015
A job well done.
U deserve it.
U make us proud.
Kudos to guys

1 Like

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by rapthugx(m): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2015
I just hope we will replicate this form in the senior world cup soon.

1 Like

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by HenryG(m): 7:27am On Nov 09, 2015
Great guys.
First time having comment on the first page of a front page thread. pls shower me some likes as much as you like Victor Osimhen and Kelechi Nwakali cool

13 Likes

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by Malcolmx12: 7:39am On Nov 09, 2015
congrats to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by hulkhiharitoz(m): 7:45am On Nov 09, 2015

1 Like

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by Nobody: 7:47am On Nov 09, 2015
I should have been there na age cause am........ .....

2 Likes

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by SammyT95(m): 7:55am On Nov 09, 2015
ok

1 Like

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by gebest: 8:43am On Nov 09, 2015
Nigerians in the house hit LIKE for the golden eaglet.

10 Likes

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by onismate: 10:49am On Nov 09, 2015
Congrats to them. They really made us proud..
Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by hatux: 11:19am On Nov 09, 2015
Greatest Nigeria! I love my country, and I am proud to be a Nigerian.
Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by Samunique(m): 11:40am On Nov 09, 2015
atarapa:
Our boys has made us pride #in kanu voice
grin

who no know English between u and Kanu ?

9 Likes

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by Holywizard: 11:54am On Nov 09, 2015
God bless them.
I know 3 players out of the team but i must tell u our captain Nwakali who is frm Oziobodo in Owerri West LGA is 27yrs.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by DICKtator: 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2015
grin grin grin grin
Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by onosprince(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
I will comment when super eagles win's the world cup.

2 Likes

Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by bigv(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
The look on Oshimen's face tho when He was awarded Silver ball before Nwakali was awarded Golden ball. grin.

Great lads. They played as a team.

Oh How I wish Super Eagles would achieve this feat at the Senior Team. cry
Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
Congratulations..
Re: List Of Individual Award Winners For 2015 U17 World Cup (with Photos) by EngrAbiola: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
Infact tthese boyz really do the job. weldone

if you missed the match u can watch and download the official highlight @ http://www.musbizubeat.com/2015/11/download-highlights-mali-0-2-nigeria-u17wcfinal/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Mikel Obi Playing Argentina Despite Hearing His Dad's Kidnap / “I Don’t Have A Girlfriend" - Anthony Joshua Opens Up / Anthony Joshua Pictured With Floyd Mayweather And Crew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.