Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,603 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:08 PM

Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday (13982 Views)

Buhari Swears In Onnoghen As Acting Chief Justice Of Nigeria / Buhari Swears In Winifred Ekanem Oyo-Ita As Head Of Service / Buhari Swears In New Permanent Secretaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by DONSMITH123(m): 6:35am On Nov 09, 2015
There is still uncertainty about who is going to head which ministry as President Muhammadu Buhari officially inaugurates a new Federal Executive Council (FEC) on Wednesday.

A statement yesterday by the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, confirmed that the new ministers would be sworn in on Wednesday but was silent on portfolios or the number of ministries the president will have.

Adesina said before the commencement of the inaugural session of the Federal Executive Council, the ministers-designate would take their oaths of office at the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa in Abuja.

Sources however told Daily Trust that sharing of portfolios to the new ministers would be done immediately after the oath of office was administered on them Wednesday.

The president’s media aide said the swearing-in ceremony would begin promptly at 10:00am and the ministers-designate expected to be seated at the Council Chambers by 09:30am at the latest.
The presidential spokesman said each minister-designate could only be accompanied to the swearing-in ceremony by a maximum of two guests.

This was not the case during former President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration when ministers-designate were accompanied to swearing-in ceremonies with spouses, children and relations as well as friends, political associates, state governors and traditional rulers.

President Buhari is inaugurating the new Federal Executive Council more than five months after he assumed office.

The ministers-designate had on Friday completed a two-day presidential retreat aimed at getting them fully acquainted with the direction and priorities of Buhari’s government.

The theme of the retreat, which was organised by the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), was “Delivering Change: From Precepts to Practice”.

The ministers-designate include Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers), Chris Ngige (Anambra), Kayode Fayemi (Ekiti), Babatunde Fashola (Lagos), Abdulrahman Dambazau (Kano), Aisha Alhassan (Taraba), Ogbonnaya Onu (Ebonyi), Kemi Adeosun (Ogun), Abubakar Malami (Kebbi), Hadi Sirika (Katsina), Suleiman Adamu (Jigawa), Solomon Dalong (Plateau), Ibe Kachikwu (Delta), Osagie Ehanire (Edo), Audu Ogbeh (Benue), Udo Udo Udoma (Akwa Ibom), Lai Mohammed (Kwara), Amina Mohammed (Gombe), Ibrahim Usman Jibril (Nasarawa), Anthony Onwuka (Imo) and Muhammadu Bello (Adamawa).
Others are Adamu Adamu (Bauchi), Okechukwu Enelamah (Abia), Aisha Abubakar (Sokoto), Khadija Bukar Abba (Yobe), Claudius Daramola (Ondo), Geoffrey Onyeama (Enugu), M. Dan-Ali (Zamfara), James Ocholi (Kogi), Zainab Ahmed (Kaduna), Mustapha Shehuri (Borno), Heineken Lokpobiri (Bayelsa), Isaac Adewole Folorunsho (Osun), Usani Usani Uguru (Cross River), Abubakar Bwari Bawa (Niger) and Adebayo Shittu (Oyo).
Adesina was not readily available for comment last night but in an earlier statement he issued, the spokesman said the president would swear in ministers and assign portfolios to them accordingly.

A commentator on public affairs Muhammad Sani said it would be difficult to hazard a guess as to which portfolio will be given to which minister. “Take the issue of attorney general for instance, there are so many lawyers in the soon to be inaugurated cabinet and, as far as I am concerned, they seem capable. But the president has the final say,” he said.

Daily Trust reports that Malami, Ocholi, Fashola, Shittu, Dalong, Alhassan, Lai Mohammed, Onyeama, Udoma and Kachikwu are all lawyers. Kachikwu is however expected to go to the petroleum ministry.
Others associated with certain ministries include Chief Audu Ogbeh (agriculture), Adeosun (Finance), Amaechi (Niger Delta Affairs), among others.
...Swears in INEC chair, 5 commissioners today
Adesina also disclosed yesterday that President Buhari would today preside over the swearing-in of Professor Mahmood Yakubu as Chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and five others as National Commissioners of the INEC.
The presidential aide said this followed the confirmation of their nominations by the Senate.
He said the swearing-in of Prof. Yakubu, Mrs. Amina Zakari, Mr. Solomon Adedeji Soyebi, Prof. Antonia Taiye Okoosi-Simbine, Dr. Muhammed Mustafa Lecky and Alhaji Baba Shettima Arfo was scheduled for 11:00am at the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/anxiety-as-buhari-swears-in-cabinet-wednesday/118526.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by Nobody: 6:37am On Nov 09, 2015
grin
Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by OnankpaBa(m): 6:39am On Nov 09, 2015
so Amaechi is now a minister.

God, make my enemy mute at the point of my upliftment. May they walk away and remain silent just like Akpabio and PDP caucus. grin grin

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by SmithEnemona(m): 6:41am On Nov 09, 2015
The presidential spokesman said each minister-designate could only be accompanied to the swearing-in ceremony by a maximum of two guests.
This was not the case during former President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration when ministers-designate were accompanied to swearing-in ceremonies with spouses, children and relations as well as friends, political associates, state governors and traditional rulers.

That's nice. Instead of spending huge sum of money on celebration.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by oluwaSmith1(f): 6:43am On Nov 09, 2015
nice one..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by OnankpaBa(m): 6:44am On Nov 09, 2015
SmithEnemona:

grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by olumide81(m): 6:44am On Nov 09, 2015
Whats the anxiety for? No amount of anxiety will change the position of Buhari.....if not for constitutional provision that man no go choose ministers.

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by DONSMITH123(m): 6:45am On Nov 09, 2015
olumide81:
Whats the anxiety for? No amount of anxiety will change the position of Buhari.....if not for constitutional provision that man no go choose ministers.

but bros, has they been a government without Ministers? just asking o

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by DONSMITH123(m): 6:46am On Nov 09, 2015
OnankpaBa:
so Amaechi is now a minister.

God, make my enemy mute at the point of my upliftment. May they walk away and remain silent just like Akpabio and PDP caucus. grin grin

you are not serious grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by Firefire(m): 6:47am On Nov 09, 2015
I sincerely pray that Nigeria will recover quickly after all the wasted months choosing, selecting and appointing "Noise Makers" while the economy nose-dive and goes into coma.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by OnankpaBa(m): 6:47am On Nov 09, 2015
DONSMITH123:

you are not serious grin grin grin grin

over serious Sir Don grin
Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by DONSMITH123(m): 6:49am On Nov 09, 2015
Firefire:
I sincerely pray that Nigeria will recover quickly after all the wasted months choosing, selecting and appointing "Noise Makers" while the economy nose-dive and goes into coma.

Nigeria will recover, what the government need is our support.

4 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by Threedots(m): 6:50am On Nov 09, 2015
Anxiety indeed,,,,,,, we've waited for so long
Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by OnankpaBa(m): 6:50am On Nov 09, 2015
DONSMITH123:

i tell you. and not criticism
Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:50am On Nov 09, 2015
Son- My father is a Minister of the FRN
Friend- Wow, What Ministry
Son- Ministry of 'No portfolio'
Friend- Iyen Na daaaaaaa

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by Firefire(m): 6:54am On Nov 09, 2015
DONSMITH123:

tongue okay!

Like the support given by Buhary, Lie Mohammed & APC to the last administration ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by OnankpaBa(m): 6:58am On Nov 09, 2015
Firefire:

tongue okay!

Like the support given by Buhary, Lie Mohammed & APC to the last administration ?

Last administrations put us to where we are now.

Money stollen by DIEZANI, GEJ MINISTERS and PDP alone is enough to build a nation

2 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by lorbah001(m): 6:59am On Nov 09, 2015
Firefire:

The heavens has jus granted you request sir
Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by DONSMITH123(m): 6:59am On Nov 09, 2015
Firefire:

tongue okay!

whatever, all they need is our support
Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by lorbah001(m): 7:00am On Nov 09, 2015
SmithEnemona:

Baba I dey tell you ..... Buhari is winning the wailers on a daily basis
Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by Firefire(m): 7:01am On Nov 09, 2015
OnankpaBa:

Money stollen by DIEZANI, GEJ MINISTERS and PDP alone is enough to build a nation

What APC and Lie Mohammed told you right ?

And that is what is responsible for the lack of direction since May 29th and the denial of all the campaign promises by the lying party ?

I laugh you in Ijaw dialect. grin cheesy grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by SmithEnemona(m): 7:03am On Nov 09, 2015
lorbah001:

Baba I dey tell you ..... Buhari is winning the wailers on a daily basis

yesoooooo
Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by OnankpaBa(m): 7:06am On Nov 09, 2015
Firefire:

What APC and Lie Mohammed told you right ?

And that is what is responsible for the lack of direction since May 29th and the denial of all the campaign promises by the lying party ?

I laugh you in Ijaw dialect. grin cheesy grin

who is talking about Lie mohammed here...are you in naija or on planet earth at all?

So you dont know Diezani steals and PDP rule for 16 years is a crap?

Well, i laugh you in swahili grin grin grin wake up

4 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by Firefire(m): 7:10am On Nov 09, 2015
OnankpaBa:

who is talking about Lie mohammed here...are you in naija or on planet earth at all?

So you dont know Diezani steals and PDP rule for 16 years is a crap?

Well, i laugh you in swahili grin grin grin wake up

Do not be deceived.

APC is a party full of professional liars and career propagandist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by oluwaSmith1(f): 7:10am On Nov 09, 2015
OnankpaBa:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by OnankpaBa(m): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2015
Firefire:

Do not be deceived.

APC is a party full of professional liars and career propagandist.

i hear you....that's my party and you cant change the facts that Buhari is already your president.

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by onatisi(m): 7:14am On Nov 09, 2015
7months to pick 36 ministers and the government is still not ashamed ,they are celebrating it as if it is a milestone achievement for the government. Belize had their elections last week Wednesday and the president is swearing in his cabinet on Monday,the new Canadian pm has already forwarded names of his cabinet members to the house. Our own president is using 7 months to inaugurate his own cabinet!!!!!!! Ok ooooooooo

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by Firefire(m): 7:17am On Nov 09, 2015
onatisi:
7months to pick 36 ministers and the government is still not ashamed ,they are celebrating it as if it is a milestone achievement for the government. Belize had their elections last week Wednesday and the president is swearing in his cabinet on Monday,the new Canadian pm has already forwarded names of his cabinet members to the house. Our own president is using 7 months to inaugurate his own cabinet!!!!!!! Ok ooooooooo

And they promised CHANGE ?

I laugh at the kwashiorkor change... grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by OnankpaBa(m): 7:31am On Nov 09, 2015
Firefire:

And they promised CHANGE ?

I laugh at the kwashiorkor change... grin cheesy

do not wail....the change is here..
Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by DONSMITH123(m): 7:34am On Nov 09, 2015
OnankpaBa:

do not wail....the change is here..

grin grin grin
Re: Anxiety As Buhari Swears In Cabinet Wednesday by OnankpaBa(m): 7:36am On Nov 09, 2015
DONSMITH123:

grin grin grin

yesooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Lagos Is Immune To Recession — Rotimi Agunsoye / Igbo Leaders To Meet In Ebonyi Over 2023 Presidency / Kings Of The Oyo Empire(1300-2015)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.