Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,997 members, 7,799,421 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra (43985 Views)

James Ibori Chased Econet Out Over $4.5M Bribe - Econet CEO / James Ibori Received By Bayelsans As He Arrives For Condolence Visit (Photos) / James Ibori At The Burial Of Johnbull Fatimiro In Delta (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by naijapips02: 7:34am On Nov 09, 2015
Former Delta State Governor, Chief James Onanefe Ibori, on Sunday disowned those canvassing the establishment of the state of Biafra, noting that he did not have a hand in the pro-Biafra agitation.

This came as pro-Biafra activists stormed the streets of Enugu State protesting against the detention of the leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu.

Business activities were grounded as a result of the protest within the metropolis of the Coal City state.

The former governor also decried the misuse of his photographs, which he said, were reportedly embossed on the banners held aloft by some of the Biafra agitators during demonstration on Saturday.

He dissociated himself from the pro-Biafran demonstration in a statement by his Media Assistant, Mr. Tony Eluemunor, while drawing attention to how his photographs were misused by some people involved in the demonstrations to drum up support for the establishment of the state of Biafra.

Ibori noted that his photograph, embossed on banners, had been reportedly held aloft by some of the demonstrators, as they marched through several cities in many states of South-east geo-political zone.

He noted that he “is absolutely, completely and entirely committed to the indissolubility of the Nigerian state, as spelt out unambiguously in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“He said all through his life, he had believed in a strong, united Nigeria where the rights of every citizen is held sacrosanct and where no region, state or even local government area, “is neglected or is made to feel alienated in whatever way, no matter how infinitesimal.”

The former governor therefore called on those who have been misusing his name and picture – indeed his personality – in furtherance of a project he never believed in at any time and in any way to desist forthwith from using his picture and/or name during their demonstrations.

Ibori said: “The world hailed Nigeria for the peaceful way the rather fierce Nigerian civil war ended in 1970. It is worrisome that 45 years after the end of that war, its residues are being dug up to further divide us and betray our efforts at national reconciliation and development.

“This must not be allowed to continue. Nigeria has lived in peace in the past 45 years, and whatever challenges, disagreements that may have re-surfaced, are not beyond our collective ability to resolve.

“I therefore call on all concerned, the demonstrators and the leaders of the different strata of government to identify the problems, determine the solutions, and turn the stumbling blocks into genuine building blocks for real nation building.”

Ibori said many other countries, including Canada, the United Kingdom and Spain, “have sections agitating for various kinds of autonomy. But if those countries have managed to keep such agitations at the level of peaceful discussions, Nigeria’s case should by no means lead to another national tragedy.

“Nigeria has split enough blood in internecine squabbles. Now is the time for genuine peace, national unity, and thorough-going, all-inclusive fast-paced development .”

Meanwhile, in Enugu State, the protesters, made up of the members of the IPOB and the Movement for the Actualisation of the Sovereign State of Biafra MASSOB, defied police order and marched round major streets in Enugu metropolis.

As at the time of filing this report, they were, however, peaceful as motorists were allowed to ply without any confrontation.

Some residents who were going to different churches for yesterday’s worship joined the crowd in the protest march holding their Bibles and chanting ‘Anyi amakwe,’ meaning ‘We will not agree.’

However, the protest was against an earlier order by the police in Enugu State, which had banned such activity.

In a letter entitled: ‘Alleged plan by groups to embark on violent protests,’ which was signed by the spokesman of the state Police Command, Ebere Amaraizu, he said: “The Enugu State Command of the Nigeria Police Force, wishes to inform members of the public that information available to her reveal that there are alleged plan by some group of people masquerading under the aegis of IPOB, MASSOB, among others to embark on violent protest using dangerous weapons within the state and its environs.

“In view of this, the command wishes to remind those fanning the ember of this unlawful act as well as their supporters to be law abiding and desist from such intended protest in the state as security operatives of the command have been directed to fish out those in this habit and bring them to book.

“The state command further wishes to inform members of the public particularly, good people of the state of its readiness to provide functional security to its citizenry in partnership with other sister security agencies in the state.

“To this end, members of the public are advised to be law abiding and go about their normal lawful businesses.”
Source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/ibori-i-didn-t-sponsor-biafra-agitation/225121/

5 Likes

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by chocolateme(f): 7:36am On Nov 09, 2015
Is that all he has to say?

FTC
Chocolate cream

7 Likes

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by naijapips02: 7:40am On Nov 09, 2015
chocolateme:

this is exactly what igbo leaders should be doing right now, and not keeping mute.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by mykemiley(f): 7:43am On Nov 09, 2015
chocolateme:
so tel us, wat else do u wnt him 2 say?

27 Likes

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by IlekeHD: 7:45am On Nov 09, 2015
Igbos won't like this? This is the thief Igbos want released. LWKMD grin

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by SamjohnnyB(m): 8:13am On Nov 09, 2015
ok na, I Dey watch in 3D
Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by QuotaSystem: 8:17am On Nov 09, 2015
OP kindly rephrase your title, I think lalasticlala and obinoscopy might like to spread this instruction to a wider audience.

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by naijapips02: 8:35am On Nov 09, 2015
QuotaSystem:
OP kindly rephrase your title, I'm sure lalasticlala and obinoscopy would like to spread this instruction to a wider audience.

done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by oluspencer(m): 8:36am On Nov 09, 2015
Why will a true son of ijaw or urhobo will be happy to what this greedy igbo has done and still want to be under them?.......

We all know that Warri is the capital of delta but we are all aware of how Mariam babagida influnenced it.

We all know that rivers is our land and how those greedy self centered ekwere people want and only want 2 dominate us... 1) Odilli, 2) ameachi and Wike

We saw how patience and his igbo brother manipulated jonathan. That even jonathan said he didn't do anything for Rivers.

My father told me how this wicked igbo warriors killed our men.

Biafra is for the East and not for us Odilli has said it all we know how the Ekwere and igbo collided with jonathan to jail ibori. And same fate await Alison too

80 Likes 5 Shares

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by naijapips02: 9:11am On Nov 09, 2015
oluspencer:
Why will a true son of ijaw or urhobo will be happy to what this greedy igbo has done and still want to be under them?.......

We all know that Warri is the capital of delta but we are all aware of how Mariam babagida influnenced it.

We all know that rivers is our land and how those greedy self centered ekwere people want and only want 2 dominate us... 1) Odilli, 2) ameachi and Wike

We saw how patience and his igbo brother manipulated jonathan. That even jonathan said he didn't do anything for Rivers.

Biafra is for the East and not for us Odilli has said it all we know how the Ekwere and igbo collided with jonathan to jail ibori. And same fate await Alison too

word

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by DaBullIT(m): 9:11am On Nov 09, 2015
IlekeHD:
Igbos won't like this? This is the thief Igbos want released. LWKMD grin

No mind them

11 Likes

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 09, 2015
oluspencer:

So it's Igbos who have been plundering Niger-delta for over 50 years now and causing great environment pollution in the name of oil exploration such that the people have lost their primary means of income?

So it's Igbos who own over 85% of the oil wells in Niger-delta?

So it's Igbos that impoverished Niger-delta carting away the resources to develop Lagos and Abuja?

So it's the Igbos that bombed and almost levelled the whole of Odi in Bayelsa, killing its inhabitants and destroying the land? 

Is it the Igbos that bombed Calabar Creek recently? 
Is it Igbos who slaughtered Ken Saro Wiwa? 
Is it also the Igbos that killed Isaac Adaka Boro?

I look forward to reading your reply soonest.

Do well to present your facts and figures for the benefit of your readership.

If you cannot provide concrete evidence, I would serious advise you stop peddling wicked lies and propaganda because you dread Biaf...

IPOB quest for nationhood is not for the weak-minded fellows or lazy bigots. Therefore, you and your people are not needed in IPOB.

If you're alright you should be sensible enough to know as an adult that you cannot be forced into a union in this modern age of freedom of association.

However, I understand your plight, that at the mere mention of Biaf... cold shivers travel the spines of enemies and naysayers.

Desist from being a hypocritical bigot and simply face North or OduaArewanistan republic if you're still confused about your future.

BTW, who are you? Be bold enough to identify and be identified by your ethnic nationality.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
  “If anybody tells you as an Ijaw man that Yorubas or Hausas love you, it’s a lie.”

“We the elders will not allow foreign bedfellows take over this state. An Ijaw man has never been conquered, we would not allow it to happen. You can call it any name. Weather they come from the Southwest, whether they come from the North to conquer us.”
“If anybody tells you as an Ijaw man that these people love you, it’s a lie. I know them and they know me too.
The South-west and the North if they come together they will continue to produce the president of this country for life. We have no hope, so we must consolidate on what we have here.
We cannot afford to fall into that trap. We will perpetually be slaves. We should protect what belongs to us, we shall not allow our young men to be brainwashed.”
“This country must be restructured. We must practice true federalism, otherwise these people will continue to exploit us. We had a President from here. They just decided to take it back, and they took it. Is that the system the young people want to run into?
What will even the Federal Government do to you if you decide to stay where you are.”

Source:  http://naijapropa.com/you-wont-believe-what-alamsieyegha-warned-the-ijaw-race-of-before-his-untimely-death/

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Arrogance in display: https://www.nairaland.com/2639019/return-arabic-ajami-naira-notes

Must watch video of a Nigerian Lawmaker/ Congressman claiming that the crude oil in Bayelsa State belongs to Jigawa State.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6GGPu286U

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by sweatlana: 9:19am On Nov 09, 2015
Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 09, 2015
I HOPE MY IGBO BROTHERS WON'T CALL IBORI A YORUBA grin

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by Mutuwa(m): 9:19am On Nov 09, 2015
cheesy

From Ekpa Faith Pauline....

Dear biafrans I support ur struggle 100% but my problem is ur approach. I would want to suggest the following procedures and i can assure u its going to work out successfully. if u can unite and follow the following steps then i can tell, welcome to the Republic of Biafra in advance.

STEP 1
withdraw all ur services from Nigeria and render the Nigerians as u are the backbone of the country

STEP 2
Withdraw your kinsmen who are public office holders e.g Ike Ekweremadu, deputy senate president, Peter Obi the D.G of S.E.C

STEP 3
Reject all the ministerial nomination from the so called Nigeria.

STEP 4
Endeavour to reject Federal Allocation. u re very industrious people u will be better off without it

STEP 5
Stop all form of importation through the Nigerian sea port so that Nigeria will crumble without ur Tax

STEP 6
Recall all your sons and daughters from all parts of Nigeria to relocate to home untill this fight is over then Nigeria can beg them to come back as expatriate

STEP 7
Lock up all ur shops in idumota, Alaba international, Kano main market, and every other market even in the remote villages accross the country.

STEP 8
Go beyond closing of the Niger bridge stop all Nigerians from buying or selling in Onitsha Main market or Ariaria market in Aba.

STEP 9
Make sure u make ur Visa very hard for Nigerians.

STEP 10
This fight can be achieved without Violence just like south Sudan. Finally, make sure u dont fight it with weapons.
Igbo kwenu!!! hee! .

144 Likes 13 Shares

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by Mogidi: 9:20am On Nov 09, 2015
“I therefore call on all concerned, the demonstrators and the leaders of the different strata of government to identify the problems, determine the solutions, and turn the stumbling blocks into genuine building blocks for real nation building.”

Ibori said many other countries, including Canada, the United Kingdom and Spain, “have sections agitating for various kinds of autonomy. But if those countries have managed to keep such agitations at the level of peaceful discussions, Nigeria’s case should by no means lead to another national tragedy.

5 Likes

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by Sijo01(f): 9:20am On Nov 09, 2015
Speaking from prison. undecided

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by macaranta(m): 9:20am On Nov 09, 2015
Sue them

1 Like

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by ragiluhivo(m): 9:20am On Nov 09, 2015
Buhari should release Nnamdi Kalu, set up a referendum on South East and South South Sates and let the people decide their fate. This is the 21st century for crying out loud.

11 Likes

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by Richie0974: 9:20am On Nov 09, 2015
Ok

1 Like

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by dearsly(m): 9:21am On Nov 09, 2015
I suspect propaganda from this story!
What Ibori really said might have been twisted because of lately,MODS only forward threads that blacklist the so called BIAFRA to front-page

It seems this Biafra of a thing might get serious ooo...C as newspapers d rush to counter em....

But as 4 me and my household, we will serve the Lord only!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by kindnyce(m): 9:21am On Nov 09, 2015
THESE TROUBLE-MAKERS AFRE SIMPLY TRYING TO GRASP AT ANYTHING TO JUSTIFY THEIR ACTIONS

5 Likes

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 09, 2015
Ok
Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 09, 2015
Either he support biafra or not.....All I just know is that Nigeria can survive without them.
When Goodluck Jonathan is still the president, we didn't heard about this so called stupid biafra. Sai Baba!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by meforyou1(m): 9:22am On Nov 09, 2015
Ibori said that from UK prison?

2 Likes

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by ipledge10(m): 9:22am On Nov 09, 2015
K
Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by olaola003: 9:23am On Nov 09, 2015
Ok
Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by M4gunners: 9:23am On Nov 09, 2015
How can this stop us from agitating for biafra?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by Nobody: 9:23am On Nov 09, 2015
Don't tell me that they've ran short of idea so soon.
grin grin grin
Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by missKiffy(f): 9:23am On Nov 09, 2015
You want Biafra but Igbos (from Imo) are sacked from the civil service of another Igbo State (Abia).

You propose to raise 1 Million Protesters but not 1 Civil Servant to bail your Leader

Think twice.

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by estherdim: 9:24am On Nov 09, 2015
spacebookers of naija

Get All type of Timberland Boot, Nike, Adidas, Emporio Armani, Casio Edifice, Smart watches Et all, visit link at signature below
Re: James Ibori: I am not In Support of Biafra by Nobody: 9:24am On Nov 09, 2015
" I HAVE COME TO SEE THAT, IN A DANGEROUS AND LARGELY HOSTILE WORLD, IT IS ESSENTIAL TO JEWS (BIAFRANS) TO HAVE SOME COUNTRY WHICH IS THEIRS, SOME RELIGION WHERE THEY ARE NOT SUSPECTED ALIENS, SOME STATE WHICH EMBODIES WHAT IS DISTINCTIVE TO THEIR CULTURE" ===BERTRAND ARTHUR WILLIAMS RUSSELL

THIS ZOO IS GRADUALLY COMING TO AN END

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pressure Mounts On Tinubu To Back Osinbajo For 2023 Presidency / Pictures Of Civilian Presidents Of Nigeria In Military Uniforms / Obiano Inspects Ongoing Work At The 2nd Niger Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.