Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,873 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:26 AM

Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation (13578 Views)

Biafra: Why Nnamdi Kanu Has Not Been Re-arrested ā€“ IGP / Biafra: Why Iā€™m Flouting Bail Conditions ā€“ Nnamdi Kanu / Biafra: Why Are Obasanjo, IBB, Others Not Talking On Agitation? ā€“ Doyin Okupe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by ekafine(f): 9:08am On Nov 09, 2015
only on one basis shall we support biafra agitation. if the the capital of the new biafra is sited in akwa-ibom or cross-river then the possibility of achieving biafra is 85% done. we have the capacity to produce resources to build a biafra that will stand dubai and asian tigers. we have the resources to place the new biafra on the world map to sit side by side with the 8 most industrialized developed countries of the world. we have done it in akwa-ibom with our resources and we shall replicate it in the larger biafra territory. uyo shall be the capital of the new biafra republic.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Noneroone(m): 9:24am On Nov 09, 2015
yoloba man why dont you give up?

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by ekafine(f): 9:51am On Nov 09, 2015
^^who is yoruba boy?
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 9:52am On Nov 09, 2015
@OP, your suggestion is acceptable. If Nigeria breaks we will not mind having Akwa Ibom as the capital of our new country (The name will not be Biafra). The new name will be agreed by the Igbos and the good people of Akwa Ibom state. Don't forget that the last president of Biafra was from your region.

The Igbos will force no tribe to be part of us, we will accept those that want to stay with us and those that don't want to be with us will be free to stand on their own or join any other groups they so wish. I am saying this loud and clear so that some people will not come here and start shouting, "We are not part of your Biafra, leave us alone, leave our oil alone."

The Igbos can do very well without oil. There are many countries in the world without oil and are doing very fine. Germany is the most powerful economy in Europe today and they don't have a cup of crude oil there. Israel moved into a desert and converted it into a country very comfortable for habitation. The list is endless. Recent trends have also shown that oil is becoming worthless by the day. What really matters for a nation to be great is the quality of human resources available.

For the parts of the SS that would choose to be part of the new country, we can accept to run a regional system of government between the core Igbo states and parts of the Niger Delta. We can even accept a solution such that both regions would take 90% of revenue accrued within the regions and contribute 10% to the center. This the Niger Delta can never get in this present Nigeria.

For those people from the SS always shouting leave our oyel, I want to tell you that the Northerners are already drinking your oil and have even become drunk on it. You are shouting at Igbos to leave your oyel whereas Northerners are taking the same oil from under your nose and you can do nothing. How myopic and sentimental can some people be?

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by EternalTruths: 10:03am On Nov 09, 2015
ekafine:
only on one basis shall we support biafra agitation. if the the capital of the new biafra is sited in akwa-ibom or cross-river then the possibility of achieving biafra is 85% done. we have the capacity to produce resources to build a biafra that will stand dubai and asian tigers. we have the resources to place the new biafra on the world map to sit side by side with the 8 most industrialized developed countries of the world. we have done it in akwa-ibom with our resources and we shall replicate it in the larger biafra territory. uyo shall be the capital of the new biafra republic.

No problem

As I speak to you, If the minorities join Biafra, the capital of Biafra will be in their region and total resource control will be encouraged. cool

So don't be scared. cool

Ojukwu was a lover of Calabar in particular cool

14 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by speedyGonzales: 10:05am On Nov 09, 2015
whatever! I want direct democracy!
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by EasternLion: 10:19am On Nov 09, 2015
Ekafine, deal

You know Director Love Akwa/Cross people so much.

He even said if he can CE to this earth again, he will rather be an Ibibio person.

Me I love una so much too, my babe na from Uyo kiss kiss

Her family supports Biafra too, and that is just fine for me.

26 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 10:29am On Nov 09, 2015
EasternLion:
Ekafine, deal

You know Director Love Akwa/Cross people so much.

He even said if he can CE to this earth again, he will rather be an Ibibio person.

Me I love una so much too, my babe na from Uyo kiss kiss

Her family supports Biafra too, and that is just fine for me.

@ekafine, this is a deal!

We accept it 100%. besides, there will be resource control such that the Efik/Ibibio will take 90% of revenue generated from their resources and contribute 10% to the center.

15 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 09, 2015
EternalTruths:

No problem

As I speak to you, If the minorities join Biafra, the capital of Biafra will be in their region and total resource control will be encouraged. cool

So don't be scared. cool

Ojukwu was a lover of Calabar in particular cool

That is it.

The Niger Delta people will even be allowed to have up to 90% of their revenue!

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 09, 2015
Noneroone:
yoloba man why dont you give up?

Are you okay?

The guy is not Yoruba and he is making a lot of sense.

The Niger Delta can have the capital of the new country.

9 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:
@OP, you suggestion is acceptable. If Nigeria breaks we will not mind having Akwa Ibom as the capital of our new country (The name will not be Biafra). The new name will be agreed by the Igbos and the good people of Akwa Ibom state. Don't forget that the last president of Biafra was from your region.

The Igbos will force no tribe to be part of us, we will accept those that want to stay with us and those that don't want to be with us will be free to stand on their own or join any other groups they so wish. I am saying this loud and clear so that some people will not come here and start shouting, "We are not part of your Biafra, leave us alone, leave our oil alone."

The Igbos can do very well without oil. There are many countries in the world without oil and are doing very fine. Germany is the most powerful economy in Europe today and they don't have a cup of crude oil there. Israel moved into a desert and converted it into a country very comfortable for habitation. The list is endless. Recent trends have also shown that oil is becoming worthless by the day. What really matters for a nation to be great is the quality of human resources available.

For the parts of the SS that would choose to be part of the new country, we can accept to run a regional system of government between the core Igbo states and parts of the Niger Delta. We can even accept a solution such that both regions would take 90% of revenue accrued within the regions and contribute 20% to the center. This the Niger Delta can never get in this present Nigeria.

For those people from the SS always shouting leave our oyel, I want to tell you that the Northerners are already drinking your oil and have even become drunk on it. You are shouting at Igbos to leave your oyel whereas Northerners are taking the same oil from under your nose and you can do nothing. How myopic and sentimental can some people be?

Brother is this sweet-talking or what?
Whoever doesn't want to join should get lost! Resource control is the main key here, how can we be dying in onitsha and enugu, and those who fold hands and pretend to not care take the capital?

Biafra is self sufficient, even as just 5 states. Whoever wants to join is welcome, we will not overwhelm you, but you cannot give such stupid condition.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Are you okay?

The guy is not Yoruba and he is making a lot of sense.

The Niger Delta can have the capital of the new country.

No they cannot! We are not begging them!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 09, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Whoever doesn't want to join should get lost! Resource control is the main key here, how can we be dying in onitsha and enugu, and those who fold hands and pretend to not care take the capital?

Biafra is self sufficient, even as ust 5 states. Whoever wants to join is welcome, we will not overwhelm you, but you cannot five such stupid condition.

And OP, grow up, get a job.

It is because of ridiculous arrogance and myopism of peeps like you that the Igbos are in this political quagmire in Nigeria.

You must learn to be diplomatic and bargain in life. You must be ready to give to get.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having Akwa Ibom as capital. Most of those guys fought along the Biafran lines during the war and it was a man from there that handed over the surrender letter to Nigeria when Ojukwu escaped.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by kingzizzy: 11:30am On Nov 09, 2015
ekafine:

I'm one of those Igbo who believes that should we get Biafra along with the minorities, the capital of Biafra should not be in Igbo land. Infact, the capital will be built from scratch just like Abija

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 09, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

No they cannot! We are not begging them!

You are already destroying the so-called Biafra even before it materialises.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You're very silly. It is because of ridiculous arrogance and myopism of fools like you that the Igbos are in this political quagmire in Nigeria.

You must learn to be diplomatic and bargain in life. You must be ready to give to get.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having Akwa Ibom as capital. Most of those guys fought along the Biafran lines during the war and it was a man from there to handed over the surrender letter to Nigeria when Ojukwu escaped.

Sweet talker! I am not like you.
The leaders will sit and negotiate, I will not be as lame or deceitful as you are, to lie online just to get the support of one or some more persons.
I have been in aba since yesterday, going to Enugu soon, everyone has been protesting, what have we heard from our BIAFRAN cells in akwa-ibom? From calabar?
And you say what? Are you a true BIAFRAN? Your signature doesn't say so!
I am a realist, the OP should tell their leaders to come with their own recommendations, unlike you, I will not paint the possibility of giving the capital to anyone. When we get there, we will cross it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 09, 2015
Sweet Setaje, na here I dey now oo.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

You guys are so foolish, you are already destroying the so-called Biafra even before it materialises.

You are much more foolish. Shame on you for trying to be deceitful! You are not a biafran...

Look at all we did for the SS and how they have turned their backs and called us land grabbers.
Many of them have been hoping that the news of a SS/SE clash was real.
Biafra will be true and transparent from the start, no shady deals.
Go live in your Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by iconize(m): 11:42am On Nov 09, 2015
So many vacuous and infantile folks with no iota of self-worth on here.

Getting super fussed over some online rants that could pass as noise pollution.

6 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:43am On Nov 09, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

The leaders will sit and negotiate, I will not be as lame or deceitful as you are, to lie online just to get the support of one or some more persons.
I have been in aba since yesterday, going to Enugu soon, everyone has been protesting, what have we heard from our BIAFRAN cells in akwa-ibom? From calabar?
I am a realist, the OP should tell their leaders to come with their own recommendations, unlike you, I will not paint the possibility of giving the capital to anyone. When we get there, we will cross it.

This is where you guys get it wrong.

What have our people done to reach out to them and bargain? Nothing!! All we have been doing is to sit down, draw maps and start to circulate, lol.

I am not a Biafran, I am a Nigerian.

let me also add that if Nigeria splits the name of our new country will not be Biafra, it will be something else after due consultations with the smaller tribes that would be willing to stay with us.

Truckpusher
Sweetlemon
NDVPF

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:47am On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

[s]
This is where you guys get it wrong.

What have our people done to reach out to them and bargain? Nothing!! All we have been doing is to sit down, draw maps and start to circulate, lol.

I am not a Biafran, I am a Nigerian.

let me also add that if Nigeria splits the name of our new country will not be Biafra, it will be something else after due consultations with the smaller tribes that would be willing to stay with us.

Truckpusher
Sweetlemon
NDVPF[/s]

Look at those you are quoting? To speak for you?

You failed at first by calling me silly when I called you brother..I didn't bother reading you post, please don't quote me anymore.

8 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:49am On Nov 09, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Here again is the problem. I agree that I do not like the comments from most of them here and I have dealt with that decisively as well but we must tell ourselves the truth. Have we gone to sit down with the leaders of this people to negotiate? No! All we do is to shout and cry of how they have betrayed us forgetting that Igbos held very sensitive offices under Jonathan even the COAS which was the first time for us since after the civil war since Nigeria sees us a rebels.

We must as a matter of necessity negotiate with some of the Niger Delta tribes for a new country and the name will be decided there; certainly not Biafra. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 09, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

You failed at first by calling me silly when I called you brother..I didn't bother reading you post, please don't quote me anymore.

Ok, sorry for the word silly, I will go and edit my post.

We have to negotiate with the Niger Delta and come up with a win-win solution.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 09, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

I am calling those guys because I believe we can negotiate, that is the key.

Abagworo,

Pazienza.
Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Iykopee(m): 11:54am On Nov 09, 2015
ekafine:

Anoda yorubastard. Una no dey tire?

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 09, 2015
Iykopee:

Anoda yorubastard. Una no dey tire?

Pls what makes you think he is Yoruba?

What is wrong in what he suggested?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Iykopee(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Pls what makes you think he is Yoruba?

What is wrong in what he suggested?

He shud suggest they move Nigeria's capital to his village. Is that difficult aswell? Only on biafra's matter u see all sorts of impulsive comments.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2015
Iykopee:

He shud suggest they move Nigeria's capital to his village. Is that difficult aswell? Only on biafra's matter u see all sorts of impulsive comments.

We all know that is impossible in Nigeria and there is so much injustice, is that why you guys have been shouting Biafra if I may ask?

What is wrong in have Akwa Ibom as a capital?

Was it not Philip Effiong that stood for the Biafra when Ojukwu fled to Ivory Coast?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

Ok, sorry for the word silly, I will go and edit my post.

We have to negotiate with the Niger Delta and come up with a win-win solution.

Have you read the reports of their elders? How they deny us and call us miscreants? Well, we hold nothing against anyone.

Biafra's negotiations will be true from the mind, no one comes to the table with selfish agenda, we will talk of what is best for everyone, all cards on the table.

And for the SS, we would even encourage them and assist them if they want their own republic, it would be easier to work with them than to work and be allies with Nigeria.

No one should just pop-up and make demands for joining us, we aren't that desperate. Such demands are like blackmails.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by EternalTruths: 12:10pm On Nov 09, 2015
FREEDOM4BIAFRA:

Biafra is self sufficient, even as just 5 states. Whoever wants to join is welcome, we will not overwhelm you, but you cannot give such stupid condition.

You are not more Biafran than us

Listen

In life, you must make some sacrifices to achieve greatness

One mistake we won't repeat in Biafra is to create another Zoo where people feel oppressed.

So two things will bind Biafra

1) Resource Control

2) Respect for minority views by allowing them have their way at times eg placing the capital in their region , respecting their land and culture cool

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by EternalTruths: 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2015
EUROBOMBER:

It is because of ridiculous arrogance and myopism of peeps like you that the Igbos are in this political quagmire in Nigeria.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having Akwa Ibom as capital. Most of those guys fought along the Biafran lines during the war and it was a man from there that handed over the surrender letter to Nigeria when Ojukwu escaped.

Forgive him

He is yet to understand the Biafra we fight for.

With time he will thank you. cool

3 Likes

Re: Biafra: Why Akwa-Ibom And Cross-River Shall Support Biafra Agitation by Coolabbie: 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2015
ekafine:
Mma, speak for yourself and your ikot.
Let them unengen kip their fraud in their red soil enclaves.
We dont want dem 2 turn our clean Uyo or Calabar into Aba.
Sosongo

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ado Adamu Bomboy To Leave PDP For APC / Adams Oshiomhole Appoints Goodswill Akpabio As APC Leader In Akwa Ibom State / Fuel Price, Electricity Tariff: Textile Union Joins Strike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.