Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,617 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:42 PM

Office Manager Needed! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Office Manager Needed! (810 Views)

URGENT VACANCY.... Office Manager And Sales Representatives NEEDED / Port Harcourt Office Manager Wanted For Construction Company (quantity Surveyor) / Us Embassy Needs Office Manager (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Office Manager Needed! by topseagirl(f): 4:36pm On May 14, 2009
i work in a consulting company and curently the position of office manager needs to be filled in a client company. The position reports to the Head, Human Resources as the chief admin officer. The Office Manager will be responsible for coordinating all administrative and support staff across a broad range of activities, including facility management, business transactions, document management, logistics and planning. Our CLIENT is a rapidly growing global institution and actively seeks applicants with strong professional and personal values.

The successful candidate will have the following duties:

FACILITIES MANAGEMENT
 Ensure proper tracking and maintenance of Corporate Office assets (A.C, Computers, Printers, Photo copier, Telephone etc)
 Liaise with landlord(s), facilities vendors, repairmen and service providers to ensure timely and effective repairs, maintenance or upgrade activities

LOGISTICS AND PLANNING
 Organize meetings and appointments: manage meeting facilities (scheduling/notices, attendance, location) and equipment (arrangements, rental/return) for all meetings holding in the corporate HQ
 Arranging Travel (Local and International): Handle all logistics for HQ personnel travel, as well as logistics for visits to HQ by personnel from the subsidiaries, business partners and invited guests
 Purchasing: manage the purchase process for assets, including sourcing, dealing with vendors, negotiations and product confirmation
 Order and purchase office equipment, stationary and supplies, based on appropriate approvals
 Develop, implement and manage secure filing systems (hardcopy and electronic) for the Corporate HQ. Manage redundancy and disaster recovery planning processes
 Logbook: Manage Logbook for Corporate HQ pool drivers and cars

ADMIN COORDINATION
 Ensure required facilities are put in place for the company’s new – hires (Printing of complimentary cards, purchase of phones, creation of Group email account etc
 Serve as a single point of contact (SPOC) for interfacing and communicating with the Support Team
 Ensure coverage of the Front desk and corporate phone lines from 7:30 am through 5:00 pm on weekdays (excluding holidays)
 Supervise and coordinate admin and support staff
 Filing: Develop, implement and manage secure filing systems (hardcopy and electronic) for the Corporate HQ
 On-boarding: Ensure required facilities are put in place for the company’s new – hires (Printing of complimentary cards, purchase of phones, creation of Company email account e.t.c.
 Reception: Ensure coverage of the Front desk and corporate phone lines during business hours
 Compile and/or distribute periodic management and status reports as appropriate
 Send out Staff attendance notification to all staff
 Send out meeting notifications to all staff as the need arises

CENTRAL PURCHASING
 Imprest: Track and manage imprest for the HQ
 Vouchers: Collate and compile vouchers for all office expense incurred
 Forecasting: Develop monthly forecast for HQ (non-department-specific) expenses and manage the Corporate HQ budget
 Disbursement: Disburse funds for paying of bills, purchase of items and other office related expense (below threshold)
 Purchasing: manage the purchase process for assets, including sourcing, dealing with vendors, negotiations and product confirmation
o Order and purchase office equipment, stationary and supplies, based on appropriate approvals
o Crediting of staff phone lines on a monthly basis

VENDOR MANAGEMENT (UTILITIES)
 Issue Resolution: Resolve all complaints, service issues and discrepancies with vendors
 Payments: Raising Memo’s for payments of utility bills and other bills from service providers.

EDUCATION QUALIFICATIONS
 Bachelor’s Degree in Public or Business Administration or other related discipline

EXPERIENCE:
 AT LEAST 3 - 5 YEARS EXPERIENCE IN AN ADMINISTRATIVE CAPACITY

KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
 Work requires professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
 Ability to participate in and contribute during group meetings.
 Ability to multitask efficiently

TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES:
 Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite– Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
 Exposure to Asset management / Admin package
 Competent in Logistics management and planning
 Competent in resource allocation and management
 Ability to manage artisans and vendors effectively

BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES:
 Strong interpersonal skills
 Effective team member
 Result-oriented
 Strong attention to detail
 Good analytical skills

Interested candidates should send in their CVs to the email address below on or before the stated date.

email: tope.olaleye@veglobal.org
Date: Tuesday 19th May 2009

Pls ONLY QUALIFIED candidates need apply. Only shortlised candidates will be contacted. Thank you
Re: Office Manager Needed! by bamboke(f): 5:28pm On May 14, 2009
Dear threader

Something seems wrong with your email address.

Please check again, or please send it to my box.

bimleah2001@yahoo.com

Thank you
Re: Office Manager Needed! by topseagirl(f): 8:24am On May 15, 2009
hey bambroke, thanks for the interest. i have sent the profile to your box as requested.

Thank you
Re: Office Manager Needed! by toksybee: 9:32am On May 15, 2009
dear,
pls am interested but cant get thru to your mail. pls send ur add to my mail box.
biolaohene@yahoo.com.
thanks
Re: Office Manager Needed! by segxy1: 1:35pm On May 15, 2009
pls topsgirl send it to my email as well because i'am interested olusegxy2002@yahoo.com
thank u very much i will appreciate a lot
Re: Office Manager Needed! by segxy1: 2:34pm On May 15, 2009
bambokee i understand u are online and i tried chat u up on the email address u received frm topseagirl but u no wan chat na waooooohh
Re: Office Manager Needed! by xoj231(m): 3:22pm On May 15, 2009
@topseagirl

I have sent my resume to the email you provided and it went through.

May I know what profile u send to @bamboke ?

Regards.
Re: Office Manager Needed! by Africaine(f): 4:18pm On May 15, 2009
Hi,am also interested , pls can u send the profile to my box too.Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy @ Kerildbert Logistics / It Firm Recruiting / 200 Vacancies For Undergraduates. Deadline 16th September

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.