Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,797 members, 7,802,542 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:09 PM

White Girl With A Nigerian Boyfriend But His Parents Won't Allow It: - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / White Girl With A Nigerian Boyfriend But His Parents Won't Allow It: (5936 Views)

I Love My Girlfriend/boyfriend... But .. (add Yours) / I'm Not Sure I Need A Boyfriend But I Miss Being In Love / I Love My Boyfriend, But He Is Too Fat... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: White Girl With A Nigerian Boyfriend But His Parents Won't Allow It: by davidif: 5:20am On Apr 24, 2017
tombola:
Galaxy

He is telling u lies. No adult man gets dictated to about who he marries in Nigeria, he is just finding a way to dump you.

and you know this how again?
Re: White Girl With A Nigerian Boyfriend But His Parents Won't Allow It: by davidif: 5:22am On Apr 24, 2017
Galaxy88:
I am a white girl and i have been seeing a Nigerian guy who is 3 years older than me for about a year now and things have been going well and we recently started talking about getting serious. Then he starting acting strange and when i confronted him he told me he had been holding something back which was causing him to act like that.

His parents were both born and raised in Nigeria and he is their only son and have always been very strict with him as he was growing up. He does not have a close relationship with him even though they live in the same house and they don't really speak to each other. A few weeks ago they sat him down and said that he cannot ever bring a white girl home and they would not even attend his wedding if his bride was white. His mother wants him to marry a black woman but his dad said only a Nigerian girl will do. His dad even said he cannot bring any white person into his home.

So now he feels totally torn and feels he has to choose as there is no point us continuing if he cannot stand up to his parents and tell them about me. He said he is scared to be disowned by his family which i understand. I have said that i will be there and support him what ever he decides but he does need to make a decision as there are feelings involved.

I personally feel that if if he doesn't stand up for himself he will be making a decision out of fear which is not what God tells us to do. I also think that God should be the first person he answers to and he should always respect his parents but the decision comes out of their racist view which is a sin. Finally if he allows them to make this decision for him now they will continue to play a part in his decision making forever and he wont learn to make hard decisions in the future and how can he run a home and a family.

I care about him deeply and i know it is ultimately his decision but i imagine being british i dont fully understand his culture and i doubt his family are willing to speak with me about it and i wanted to see if anyone else had any views or advice on the subject, ?

What tribe is he?

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Found These Two Gays Photos Disturbing / If You Urinate Just Before Sex, Stop It Now Or….read Terrible Reason / S£x Workers Twerk To Pay Their Last Respect To A Dead Colleague Beside Graveyard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.