Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,754 members, 7,802,311 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:19 PM

James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience - Literature (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (87798 Views)

A Thread For "James Hadley Chase" Readers. / All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / Shear Your James Hadley Chase With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by devanandrk: 11:03pm On Jan 18, 2011
Hello James Hadley Chase Fans,

Like you all, I am a die hard fan of James Hadley Chase and started reading his books when I was young. Now I want to read them again. Is there anyone on this Forum that has the following eBooks of the maestro himself. I need these books in either word doc or pdf file format.If you have any or all of the eBooks listed below, then I would be really grateful to you all. Please email them to: gafoor111@yahoo.com

Here is the list of the books I need:

A Can of Worms
An Ear to the Ground
Believe this and You will Believe Anything
Blonde's Requiem
But a Short Time to Live
Cade
Consider Yourself Dead
Do me a Favour - Drop Dead
Gold Fish Have No Hiding Place
Have a Change of Scene
Have This one On Me
Hit Them Where it Hurts
I Hold Four Aces
I Will Bury My Dead
In a Vain Shadow
Make the Corps Walk
My Laugh Comes Last
One Bright Summer Morning
Safer Dead
So What Happens to Me
The Sucker Punch
The Dead Stay Dumb
The Double Shuffle
The Flash of the Orchid
The Joker in the pack
The Paw in the Bottle
The Things men Do The way the Cookie Crumbles
There's a Hippie on the Highway
There's Always a Price Tag
This is For Real
Tiger by the tail
Try This One for Size
Why Pick on Me?
You can Say that Again
You have Yourself A Deal
You Will Never Know with Women
You Are Dead without Money

Thanks a lot.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by BrianHA: 10:42am On Jan 19, 2011
What is the Hadley Chase novel in which, I think the protagonist is hanging out at his home or a cabin or something, in some desert sort of place, and carrying on quite normally until he finds his dog missing, and I think he later locates the dog, which was dead, and thus began the story I think, Can anyone remember what I am going on about? I would love to get this book, and pretty much all the others if I can find them. I also read them when I was too young to process such adult realities, but I loved his books, and enjoyed them immensely. English is not my native tongue. But reading Hadley Chase through all my formative years, I learned a lot. If anyone wishes to answer my question via my direct e-mail, please feel free to do so. It is; brianha@shaw.ca.

Many thanks ladies and gents.

Brian.

1 Like

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jan 19, 2011
jhc is simply the best when i read these responses i knew nigerians can actually appreciate a good thing.
its the only novel that plays like a film in ur minds eye when reading it and u will never predict the end of a chase novel until the very end, read 76 but my uncle who read like 80 b4 me can still recite the titles and there main characters
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by dunnitara: 10:33am On Jan 25, 2011
BrianHA:

What is the Hadley Chase novel in which, I think the protagonist is hanging out at his home or a cabin or something, in some desert sort of place, and carrying on quite normally until he finds his dog missing, and I think he later locates the dog, which was dead, and thus began the story I think, Can anyone remember what I am going on about? I would love to get this book, and pretty much all the others if I can find them. I also read them when I was too young to process such adult realities, but I loved his books, and enjoyed them immensely. English is not my native tongue. But reading Hadley Chase through all my formative years, I learned a lot. If anyone wishes to answer my question via my direct e-mail, please feel free to do so. It is; brianha@shaw.ca.

Many thanks ladies and gents.

Brian.

That Hadley Chase must be "One bright Summer Morning"

1 Like

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by BrianHA: 3:42pm On Jan 25, 2011
Many thanks dunni.tara. I believe you might be correct. Thanks again.

Brian.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by ellagold(m): 4:37pm On Jan 27, 2011
James is the man anytime,anyday,
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by devanandrk: 6:10pm On Feb 20, 2011
Hi,

I am a die hard fan of James Hadley Chase and have a lot of his books.

I have them in eBook format and novels. I would like to exchange the books with you. Please email me at gafoor111@yahoo.com and let me know the ones you have in eBook format - either word or pdf format and would like to exchange the ones I do not have with you.

1 Like

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by devanandrk: 9:47pm On Mar 06, 2011
I am sorry that I had to post this here. But the situation is such that I needed to do this. As the saying goes – One Bad Apple Spoils the Bunch. And the worst part is that this person whom I trusted turned out to be – what James Hadley Chase said himself – Trusted Like a Fox. The story is as follows:-

I had posted on this forum that I have a lot of books of James Hadley Chase in eBook format and postes a list of the books I need and we can exchange book for a book. So this man who calls himself  Paul Ola ( I am posting his email address and the last email he sent me about a week ago) sent me the following email:

"paul ola" falorepaul1@yahoo.com

Sorry for my late response,i have been a lil bit busy lately. Yes they are all in e-Book format.Please send all the ones you have on your list,and i give you my word, i would send you the ones you listed

As you can read from the email – Please send all the ones you have on your list,and i give you my word, i would send you the ones you listed  and his promise -He copied the list of the book I needed and emailed me names of the some of the books and said that he had these in word document.

He wanted me to send him all my books – So I sent him 2 books in word document and requested him to send me 4 books and in turn I will send him 4 books and that way we can exchange all the books and in the end I promised him a bonus of 2 more books. He got my 2 books last week and has not responded to my 4 follow up emails. This means that this man does not have any James Hadley Chase books to exchange.

This Paul Ola is nothing but a THIEF, Liar, Cheater, Crook and Embezzler. Do not trust him. Do not deal with him. Paul is forgetting that I am a reader of James Hadley Chase and after reading about 60 of his books – I have learnt the art of negotiation. And that’s why I sent him 2 books – to see if I can trust this man – well I do trust him now but like - TRUSTED LIKE A FOX. Beware of this man. He is a FOX. Please email him and tell him how wrong he has done for others.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by aribisala0(m): 8:41pm On Apr 01, 2011
when i was fifteen i had a collection of JHC novels more than 60. one day my parents came into my room early momo took all of them and destroyed them because of the covers,till today i have not forgiven them
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by ekoree: 3:22pm On Apr 03, 2011
Copies of James Hardley Chase novels available for sale @ Ikeja bookshops, Suite 12, Rodeo mall, opposite Airport hotel, 146/148, Obafemi Awolowo way, Ikeja, Lagos.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by nolongtin(m): 12:52am On May 05, 2011
you find him ild fix him,
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by sexylogan(m): 7:17am On Nov 17, 2011
I think I should have read close to 100 Chase novels. Most of them dont end well, but

they are all excellently written. You cant beat the dialogues. There are 3 constants in

98% of Hadley Chases;

-Quick money to be made

-A gullible man

-And A beautiful woman that fukx everything up. tongue

My favourites are "Have this one on Me " and " Miss Shumway waves a Wand".
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Akanniade(m): 4:20pm On Nov 17, 2011
Does anyone have JHC novels in epub format?
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by 2blunt: 3:23am On Nov 24, 2011
i am an addicted fan of chase, i am called the hadley chaser, pls if u wan to sell ur ur chase, send me a mail-ukemethompson@gmail.com
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by timpaker(m): 5:10pm On Dec 16, 2011
please can anyone help me, i wanna read one of Hadley Chase book titled ''want to stay alive?''
any clue on how i can get this book?
thanks.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by jidebl(m): 12:46pm On Jan 07, 2012
Pls where can I download jhc novel to be read on s40 phone
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by jidebl(m): 12:56pm On Jan 07, 2012
Pls where can I download jhc novel to be read on s40 phone
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by mabdalk: 2:40am On May 05, 2012
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD COMPLETE JAMES HADLEY CHASE COLLECTION HERE:
http:///7vsvA (skip aad)
or direct link
http://jhchase..com

1 Like

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by mabdalk: 2:41am On May 05, 2012
FREE ALL JAMES HADLEY CHASE NOVELS :
or direct link
http://jhchase..com
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by mabdalk: 8:58pm On May 05, 2012
YOU CAN DOWNLOAD COMPLETE JAMES HADLEY CHASE COLLECTION HERE:
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by yusufbaba(m): 6:25pm On May 09, 2012
james hadley chase took crime detectn 2 anothr level,his novels are very entertning if u want suspence,charactr creatn and imaginatn

1 Like

Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by BillyRubin: 1:06pm On May 10, 2012
Yeah, read JHC. Started with A Lotus for Miss Quon, then You Got It Coming, Just Another Sucker, Tell It To The Birds, The Way The Cookie Crumbles, Lay Her Among the Lilies. ETC.
I loved d guy, bt d last one I read (name 4gtn) didn't impress me. It brought me 2 terms with d fact dat JHC is historical glory, qualified 4 antiques. Ppl write faaaaaaaarr beta nw.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by BillyRubin: 1:08pm On May 10, 2012
And then what was with him n blonde women, who were hardly gud n usualy dumb? Lol!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by spacyzuma(m): 12:34am On Jul 17, 2012
mabdalk: YOU CAN DOWNLOAD COMPLETE JAMES HADLEY CHASE COLLECTION HERE:

Thank you VERY VERY MUCH for this link!!
I just downloaded and finished "There's always a price tag". I didn't finish it the last time I read it, which was almost 10 years ago.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by omoba4real: 2:38pm On Dec 13, 2012
You can get almost all of James Hadley Chase's novels at http://www.sunshinebookseller.com
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by omalichanwando: 5:10pm On Feb 24, 2013
Aww..u guys are making me have nostagic feelings..I read lotsa JHC novels as a teenager..once u start it,it's gonna be hard to drop the book till u finish it..my first was "the way the cookie crumbles"..then "you must bury your dead"..then "no blemish for something"..I've forgotten their names..OMG!!
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by kraftyiyk: 10:17pm On Mar 28, 2013
chase is d best writer that ever graced the face of planet earth.
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Darey00(m): 11:12pm On Oct 05, 2013
pls who has d link to download Wary transgressor please... or if u av d pdf dis is my email oludare.badguy@gmail.com Tanks
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by domics: 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2013
Hi Guys,
I have all the 90 books of James Hadley Chase in Epub format.
If you need any, just send a request mail to my email with the title of the book.
I will not give you more than 2 at a time.
Cheers.

Domic.
kingdomics@gmail.com
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by Bunchersstab(m): 12:23pm On Jul 20, 2014
nicetohave: Straight from the desk of the greatest James Hadley chase fan of all times....ME!!!! grin the answer is MY LAUGH COMES LAST...any more questions? as long as it is about chase...i am the Q-bank grin grin cheesy
My laugh comes last - Larry Lucas
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by zoe123: 9:59am On Aug 28, 2014
darlingbas: Share Your James Hadley Chase Experience

I have read 86 different James Hadley Chase novels. They are all very good, you can't stop reading it. In fact, I became addicted after reading the first one which was Believe This. You'll believe anything.

Which of Hadley Chase novels have you read?

Hippies on the high way
Guilties are always afraid
like a hole in the heart
the way cookie crumbles
the dead stay dumb
An Ear to the Ground
Believe this and You will Believe Anything
Blonde's Requiem
But a Short Time to Live
Cade
Consider Yourself Dead
Do me a Favour - Drop Dead
Gold Fish Have No Hiding Place
Have a Change of Scene
Have This one On Me
Hit Them Where it Hurts
I Hold Four Aces
I Will Bury My Dead
In a Vain Shadow
Make the Corps Walk
My Laugh Comes Last
One Bright Summer Morning
Safer Dead
So What Happens to Me
The Sucker Punch
The Dead Stay Dumb
The Double Shuffle
The Flash of the Orchid
There's Always a Price Tag
This is For Real
Tiger by the tail
Try This One for Size
Why Pick on Me?
You can Say that Again
You have Yourself A Deal
You Will Never Know with Women
You Are Dead without Money
The Joker in the pack
The Paw in the Bottlemb
want to stay alive

They were my J.S.S3 passion read loads of them way back then grin
Re: James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience by eybraheem: 12:09am On Sep 04, 2014
Ladies and gentlemen try reading 'Mickey Spillane books'. His style is very similar to James Hadley Chase and you will find it very interesting.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette / Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Three Paths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.