Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,819 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:37 PM

Gear Selection Issue On Golf 3 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Gear Selection Issue On Golf 3 (1560 Views)

My Car Drags And Makes A High Sound Before Gear Selection / Converting Auto Transmission To Manual On Golf 3 Your Opinion Please? / Toyota Camry 2000 Model Gear Selection Issue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Gear Selection Issue On Golf 3 by Digriz(m): 11:23am On Nov 09, 2015
My golf 3 auto started having a gear issue after draining the water in the gearbox that entered thru the coolant.It was moving and selecting well when d water was still inside d gear box.
The drive couldn't engage neither d reverse after flushing it wt fresh ATF. The mechanic discovered that one of the IC in the ECU has burnt,I bought another ECU and it started engaging bt hard select from first to second and stalls from second to third bt move smoothly to other gears.
I scan it and it show these fault codes.

00518(throttle position sensor-sporadic signal outside tolerance.)
00638(engine/transmission electrical connection 2-sporadic - no signal)
Re: Gear Selection Issue On Golf 3 by mayor2013: 4:22pm On Nov 09, 2015
Digriz:
My golf 3 auto started having a gear issue after draining the water in the gearbox that entered thru the coolant.It was moving and selecting well when d water was still inside d gear box.
The drive couldn't engage neither d reverse after flushing it wt fresh ATF. The mechanic discovered that one of the IC in the ECU has burnt,I bought another ECU and it started engaging bt hard select from first to second and stalls from second to third bt move smoothly to other gears.
I scan it and it show these fault codes.

00518(throttle position sensor-sporadic signal outside tolerance.)
00638(engine/transmission electrical connection 2-sporadic - no signal)

Are you sure it was only the gear box water was able to penetrate?
Water must have affected a lot especially the CAN

I fear this problem is a mighty one. Water a total destroyer of electronics, the first fault error code can very much make the car stall. Is yours a drive by wire or cable?

You need a very competent technician to help you out. If you are in lagos call 08156087872 or 08165520837, bb pin is 7BE1C522
Re: Gear Selection Issue On Golf 3 by Digriz(m): 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2015
mayor2013:

Are you sure it was only the gear box water was able to penetrate?
Water must have affected a lot especially the CAN

I fear this problem is a mighty one. Water a total destroyer of electronics, the first fault error code can very much make the car stall. Is yours a drive by wire or cable?

You need a very competent technician to help you out. If you are in lagos call 08156087872 or 08165520837, bb pin is 7BE1C522
thanks for ur attention, it is drive by wire, am not in Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Fuel Consumption In Camry 1996 Canadian Built / Should I Give My Car Key To The Policeman Or Not??? / How Reliable Is The Repaired Gearbox Of 2007 Camry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.