Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,041 members, 7,807,124 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos (34433 Views)

Pictures From The Construction Of Lagos-Ibadan Rail Project / Lagos Blue Line Rail 95 % Completed, Says Commissioner / Abuja Metro Light Rail In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by ALISMILE(m): 5:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
While contracts are getting approval in d SW the SE is boiling! They shud continue! We ll rebuild there after the next war which I goin to be very brief!
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by chinchum(m): 5:49pm On Nov 09, 2015
anonimi:

How do you know that the statement from the Lagos state official is true?
How
Have you heard the saying that:

Why can't you ask the question of where the aloku scrap metal trains Fashola spent borrowed $1 billion on in Toronto since 2011 are?
Why is that so difficult for you to ask?
My first paragraph was that FG unexpectedly failed to guarantee one of the tranche of loan, that is not a one sided story.
That messed up Lasg effort /plan on the light rail.
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by vRendoh(m): 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
Jaideyone:
dunce if this kind of money was available under GEJ we wouldn't borrow to pay salary

You re such an idiot that flags lies all to stage a performing APC. How foolish you are to believe GEJ ruined the Treasury and the APC is borrowing to feed a mumu like you.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by joeanointing(m): 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2015
Dubai spent 3.5 billion dollars to construct 77 kilometer red rail line in that desert and you guys are here justifying 4.4 billion dollars on 22 kilometer red rail line.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by aresa: 6:10pm On Nov 09, 2015
lol @ biafra bitter and and angry losers over here wailing and displaying their usual portion in life hate and anger when in fact they should be out on the streets of their erosion ravaged village streets demonstrating for their biafra village..,. grin

Awon eternal losers and oponu buruku..grin
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by menxer: 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
Wailers would be like: it's a GEJ initiated project, PMB is taking the glory. grin
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by cecegorz(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
menix:
Mile 2 to Okoko will certainly get to 2050...

Guess the Red line will be high speed train abi nah the normal Donkey pace train..

I don't even think anybody needs high speed rail to go from mile2 to Marina. Cars can do it in 10mins on a free day. The most important thing is to complete and commission the project, and not wait for another 5years.
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by TimeManager(m): 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
I wouldnt bask in the euphoria of this news,whether the FG approves a project or approves the funding of a project,the constant fact remains that this govt will approve & inagurate lots of projects in its 4yrs.And when this govt starts commissioning various laudable projects across the country & the deliverables as promised,that would then be the final punch that would scatter the wailers' teeth and leave them toothless.wailers,i employ you to wail harder& louder as you watch an era of transparency &timeliness in execution of projects,a virtue which was visibly missing & alien to the last administration.WAILERS YOUR LAMENTATION IS OUR SATISFACTION!
Deal With It Or Die With It !
The Truth Has Spoken! No Lie Only Truth!
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by menxer: 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2015
joeanointing:
Dubai spent 3.5 billion dollars to construct 77 kilometer red rail line in that desert and you guys are here justifying 4.4 billion dollars on 22 kilometer red rail line.

It may be justified, considering the topographic conditions of the 2 locations you cited....all other things being equal.
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by marwanafrica: 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2015
tobtap:
ok... lipsrsealed
Ok, please sir
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by Jaideyone(m): 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
vRendoh:

You re such an idiot that flags lies all to stage a performing APC. How foolish you are to believe GEJ ruined the Treasury and the APC is borrowing to feed a mumu like you.
ret@rd read again. I said the PDP led FG borrowed to pay salary and it's the truth
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by aresa: 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2015
joeanointing:

There's a clear difference between a country and a state...

1. Dubai is a country while Lagos state is just a state in Nigeria

2. Dubai built it's metro rail with sovereign funds, meaning Dubai as a country built their metro rail while Lagos state is building theirs with borrowed funds and not National funds.

3. Dubai is building just metro rail while Lagos state is not only a metro rail project, but a 27 mile ten lane (27 x 10 = 270 miles) freeway system with BRT access, rail system with rail cars, overhead bridges, rail stations, rail bridge over the Marina/Lagos Lagoon and power plants to power the whole system.

4. There are parts of the rail network in Lagos state Lagos state can not touch because of lawsuits by landowners which Dubai doesn't have to deal with

5. There are tons of many PCHN poles yet to be moved to allow construction in certain areas.

6. What Dubai spent on ordinary metro rail is more than Lagos state's entire yearly budget

7. Lagos metro rail and 10 lane Badagry express is the largest public works project in Africa

8. Nigeria and Dubai doesn't share the same material, manpower and labor cost environment...

I know many of you make ignorant and illogical comments because you are basically ignorant about the subject matter but at least get some education before opening your mouth..

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by Forwetinnah: 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
Tinubu choppings don land
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by Forwetinnah: 6:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
aresa:

There's a clear difference between a country and a state...

1. Dubai is a country while Lagos state is just a state in Nigeria

2. Dubai built it's metro rail with sovereign funds, meaning Dubai as a country built their metro rail while Lagos state is building theirs with borrowed funds and not National funds.

3. Dubai is building just metro rail while Lagos state is not only a metro rail project, but a 27 mile ten lane (27 x 10 = 270 miles) freeway system with BRT access, rail system with rail cars, overhead bridges, rail stations, rail bridge over the Marina/Lagos Lagoon and power plants to power the whole system.

4. There are parts of the rail network in Lagos state Lagos state can not touch because of lawsuits by landowners which Dubai doesn't have to deal with

5. There are tons of many PCHN poles yet to be moved to allow construction in certain areas.

6. What Dubai spent on ordinary metro rail is more than Lagos state's entire yearly budget

7. Lagos metro rail and 10 lane Badagry express is the largest public works project in Africa

8. Nigeria and Dubai doesn't share the same material, manpower and labor cost environment...

I know many of you make ignorant and illogical comments because you are basically ignorant about the subject matter but at least get some education before opening your mouth..

Did you consider some of these conditions in the past administration??

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by aresa: 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2015
Forwetinnah:

Did you consider some of these conditions in the past administration??

Sorry, I didn't know that past administrations constructed 10 lane 27 klm expressway and metro rail with BRT access.

Some of you come up with the most unintelligent, absurd and ridiculous comments..
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by Gbawe: 6:47pm On Nov 09, 2015
obailala:
This project is been done by the LASG.

The only reason why anyone would be silly enough to claim that their sophistication built Lagos is because someone else was silly to claim that his kinsmen are solely responsible for developing all of Lagos. Silly statements are usually prompted by another silly statement.

Thank you very much. If someone tells me insultingly that I cannot survive without him will I not tell him to move out of my house ASAP so we can test the validity of that silly boast?

@Topic.
This was why some of us jubiltated when APC retained Lagos and won at the centre. Lagos would finally get the chance to soar without a regressive and vengeful FG impeding her progress as was the case for many years under the PDP. Sai Baba. About time ojare.
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by Forwetinnah: 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2015
aresa:

Sorry, I didn't know that past administrations constructed 10 lane 27 klm expressway and metro rail with BRT access.

Some of you come up with the most unintelligent, absurd and ridiculous comments..

Really. .that's all you can say about an obviously inflated budget for a rail line? Same way your scam party came up with a ridiculous amount for a runway in Abuja. You lot are thieves!! You're the unintelligent one here..like I said, did you consider same excuses when PDP was in power?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by Gbawe: 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
My joy will be complete if Fashola becomes Minister of Power on Wednesday.
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by aresa: 7:04pm On Nov 09, 2015
[s]
Forwetinnah:

Really. .that's all you can say about an obviously inflated budget for a rail line? Same way your scam party came up with a ridiculous amount for a runway in Abuja. You lot are thieves!! You're the unintelligent one here..like I said, did you consider same excuses when PDP was in power?
[/s]

Not interested in your idiotic and unintelligent ramblings.

Village clowns and losers like you bore me.....
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by Forwetinnah: 7:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Awww...he's stuck right in Booooohari's corrupt diapers, i expected this since you're just as unintelligent to answer my question. That's your excuse for supporting a scam!! Block the drain in your head mister!!

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by coleon(m): 7:15pm On Nov 09, 2015
obailala:
Building a rail line inside a densely populated city like Lagos is not beans. It would actually be cheaper to build a rail line from Lagos to Ibadan than to build same line 'inside' Lagos.
U re a very intelligent fellow and wit people lyk u on Nairaland a lot of illiterates that pride themselves as graduates on Nairaland will get more educated.
It is actually more expensive to build a rail line frm ikorodu to lekki than to do same from lagos to ilorin.
The reason is simple and even an illiterate should be able to reason this out: A rail line built within a city would be constructed on air over so many pillars and overhead bridges while the one inter state to ilorin will just have a smooth ride on a path in the bush.
Hw anyone cannot think this through baffles me.
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by ibedun: 7:26pm On Nov 09, 2015
Jaideyone:
it has been awarded to JB at an outrageous cost. the biafrans will pay toll for many years. if bubu tries revoke the contract the biafrans will cry foul so let's leave them to enjoy the transformation

Dem go enjoy am well well. So tey transformation go reach Biafra.
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by ibedun: 7:29pm On Nov 09, 2015
pazienza:
Nigerian commonwealth spent specifically to build up Lagos and Abuja, tomorrow peeps will start bragging about how their sophistication built Lagos.

Craze dey worry dem for your village. The FG has not and will not fund this project, however the FG has approved the right of way a mere legality. Our sophistication is the cause of this project we are urban people.
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by IbokUtoroh(m): 7:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
nickxtra:
The benefits of aligning with a ruling government at the centre. Lagos people did not make a mistake. Ambo o, Ambo.......... I beg, some one should help me finish the song,

iya uwoh
ambo o ambo....... iya uwoh
ambo nkedi diongo ufan fo ... iya uwoh
ambo atongo afid ayoho ofon....... iya uwoh
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by tunnypop(m): 7:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
Let the change begin...shai Baba
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by aresa: 7:43pm On Nov 09, 2015
[s]
Forwetinnah:

Awww...he's stuck right in Booooohari's corrupt diapers, i expected this since you're just as unintelligent to answer my question. That's your excuse for supporting a scam!! Block the drain in your head mister!!
[/s]

Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by Forwetinnah: 7:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
aresa:
[s][/s]

Now he's stuck on replay.... grin Egbere!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by aresa: 7:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
coleon:

U re a very intelligent fellow and wit people lyk u on Nairaland a lot of illiterates that pride themselves as graduates on Nairaland will get more educated.
It is actually more expensive to build a rail line frm ikorodu to lekki than to do same from lagos to ilorin.
The reason is simple and even an illiterate should be able to reason this out: A rail line built within a city would be constructed on air over so many pillars and overhead bridges while the one inter state to ilorin will just have a smooth ride on a path in the bush.
Hw anyone cannot think this through baffles me.

Unfortunately for you and luckily for Lagosians, Lagosians don't have a can't do spirit and if I might add, cities all over the world build metro rails inside their cities next to busy city streets with ease and zero worries.

Millions of Lagosians navigate that general mile 12, festac, iponri and so to work on the island everyday and metro remains remains the best and the most effective transportation.
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by aresa: 7:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
[s]
Forwetinnah:

Now he's stuck on replay.... ; Egbere!
[/s]

Replay is what I reserve for idiotic and unintelligent clowns like you..
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by ibedun: 8:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
bapullow:
To many foreigners here (biafra) don't u guys have issue to discuss or in your bless country

Penzance and Anomini please face your urgent issue - Biafra, Abeg!!
Re: Buhari Approves $2.4bn For Construction Of Red Line Rail In Lagos by kpolli(m): 8:19pm On Nov 09, 2015
Now waiting for those who brought those fake pictures of trains in Mexico during GEJ's tenure to come and compare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Three Men Die In Benue Accident (PHOTOS) / 4-Year-Old Boy That Died In The Kaduna Plane Crash (Photos) / Gberefu Island Point Of No Return, Badagry – The Original Slave Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.