Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,895 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:20 AM

The Just Shall Live By Faith. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Just Shall Live By Faith. (4199 Views)

Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft / Faith Oyedepo's 60th Birthday: Adeboye, Enenche, Ibiyeomie Others Attend / The Just Shall Live By Faith (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
The just shall live by faith.

This is a very popular and common statement, but not many understand its true meaning.
Faith is not going to a car dealership and pointing to the biggest car and ‘claiming’ it, or pointing at Linda’s house in Banana Iceland and ‘owning’ it in faith, faith is not all that. Faith is also not blind belief, whether it makes sense or not, just believe it, just like many fake pastors preach today, are you a zombie? What did God give you brains for, abi you think He gave you a brain to decorate your cranium ni?
What is faith? Faith simply is living in the fear of the unseen God. You have not seen Him, yet you fear and reverence Him evidenced by the way you live your life and relate with other people.

A life of faith is a life of obedience to the Laws of God. And the Law is...

Matthew 22:36-40
Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

4 Likes

Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2015
TO HAVE FAITH IS TO LIVE IN THE FEAR OF THE UNSEEN GOD EXPRESSED IN YOUR RELATIONSHIP WITH YOUR NEIGHBOUR, THIS IS THE SOLE QUALIFICATION FOR MAKING HEAVEN. You have not seen God, but you express you faith that HE IS by showing kindness to your neighbour.

Matt 25:34-40
Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

1 Like

Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 6:17pm On Nov 09, 2015
THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH

Ezekiel 18:5
But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,
6 And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,
7 And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the naked with a garment;
8 He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,
9 Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord GOD.

Is there anything you are seeking from God? This is how you should ‘own’ and ‘claim’ your victory, salvation, progress, liberty, promotion, etc. by diligently seeking to please God.

To all the captives of the mighty out there, The Almighty God is with you, He sees you and knows all your pain, and all that you are going through, the wicked will never win, they will be blown away like chaff in the wind when the time comes.

Keep exercising faith by doing the right thing, God who is faithful will have mercy and intervene mightily and terribly on your behalf in only a very short time.

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

2 Likes

Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by HCpaul(m): 6:21pm On Nov 09, 2015
The unjust shall live by sight.

2 Likes

Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2015
Ezekiel 18:5
But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right,
6 And hath not eaten upon the mountains, neither hath lifted up his eyes to the idols of the house of Israel, neither hath defiled his neighbour's wife, neither hath come near to a menstruous woman,
7 And hath not oppressed any, but hath restored to the debtor his pledge, hath spoiled none by violence, hath given his bread to the hungry, and hath covered the Unclad with a garment;
8 He that hath not given forth upon usury, neither hath taken any increase, that hath withdrawn his hand from iniquity, hath executed true judgment between man and man,
9 Hath walked in my statutes, and hath kept my judgments, to deal truly; he is just, he shall surely live, saith the Lord GOD.

This is the summary of faith.

1 Like

Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by sonmvayina(m): 4:56pm On Nov 10, 2015
well, i have a little story for you...you talking about fearing the lord..
there was a certain man, he found favour with this lord you talk about, and for that reason the lord gave him the task of freeing ''his people '' from a certain Pharaoh of Egypt. this he did with the help of this lord or god. they journeyed for many years and came to a desert..then this god called his servant to come up to a mountain to collect the commandments which he has written on a stone tablets, for some reason he stayed 40 days, nobody knows what they where discussing for that long...well he collected the two tablets or 10 commandment as it is known and journey down to meet his people..he found them dancing round a statue of a golden calf...he got angry and destroyed what this god spent 40 days crafting..not only that he breaks two of the commandments...if that is not middle finger to this god i don't know what is?....the name of this servant is Moses...FYI
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 12:12pm On Nov 12, 2015
sonmvayina:
well, i have a little story for you...you talking about fearing the lord..
there was a certain man, he found favour with this lord you talk about, and for that reason the lord gave him the task of freeing ''his people '' from a certain Pharaoh of Egypt. this he did with the help of this lord or god. they journeyed for many years and came to a desert..then this god called his servant to come up to a mountain to collect the commandments which he has written on a stone tablets, for some reason he stayed 40 days, nobody knows what they where discussing for that long...well he collected the two tablets or 10 commandment as it is known and journey down to meet his people..he found them dancing round a statue of a golden calf...he got angry and destroyed what this god spent 40 days crafting..not only that he breaks two of the commandments...if that is not middle finger to this god i don't know what is?....the name of this servant is Moses...FYI

Cool story. You are the heir to the throne of uncle Jimi Solanke grin
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 9:45am On May 21, 2016
Omonnakoda, you are always at war with Eboes grin, oya big Daddy, come and learn something about faith > grin grin cheesy
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by omonnakoda: 9:53am On May 21, 2016
MrPresident1:
Omonnakoda, you are always at war with Eboes grin, oya big Daddy, come and learn something about faith > grin grin cheesy
How am I at war wit Eboes?
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 9:58am On May 21, 2016
omonnakoda:
How am I at war wit Eboes?

Big Daddy, U are always heavy handed, se eyan o le bayin sere ni? cheesy

Are you not always shelling Eboe people on the forum? grin
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by omonnakoda: 10:02am On May 21, 2016
MrPresident1:

Big Daddy, U are always heavy handed, se eyan o le bayin sere ni? cheesy

Are you not always shelling Eboe people on the forum? grin
Shelling ke? So I am now General Shelleng?
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 10:05am On May 21, 2016
omonnakoda:
Sheling ke? So I am now Geneal Shelleng?

You are the artillery nightmare of the Eboe people on this forum grin
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by omonnakoda: 10:09am On May 21, 2016
MrPresident1:

You are the artillery nightmare of the Eboe people on this forum grin
I consider my humble contribution to be more of a didactic one
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 10:17am On May 21, 2016
omonnakoda:
I consider my humble contribution to be more of a didactic one

Humble shellacking.

Humble didactic shellacking with heavy artillery, hahaha. cheesy
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by omonnakoda: 10:21am On May 21, 2016
MrPresident1:

Humble shellacking.

Humble didactic shellacking with heavy artillery, hahaha. cheesy
I think it is more an enterprise of intellectual commerce than anything else.You know my Eboe friends are very good at buying and selling so I try to sell those things for which they have shortages............. Many of them profit immensely from our interaction
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 10:26am On May 21, 2016
omonnakoda:
I think it is more an enterprise of intellectual commerce than anything else.You know my Eboe friends are very good at buying and selling so I try to sell those things for which they have shortages.............

Hehehe, sometimes what you are trying to sell to them is very expensive, so the haggling draws on for long and is accompanied with heavy concentrated humble didactic shellacking cheesy
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by omonnakoda: 10:31am On May 21, 2016
MrPresident1:

Hehehe, sometimes what you are trying to sell to them is very expensive, so the haggling draws on for long and is accompanied with heavy concentrated humble didactic shellacking cheesy
Indeed they are formidable TRADERS so negotiation can be protracted and challenging but everyone gets a good deal in the end. Most Eboes love me so much. They are very fascinating people
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 10:41am On May 21, 2016
omonnakoda:
Indeed they are formidable TRADERS so negotiation can be protracted and challenging but everyone gets a good deal in the end

Everyone gets a good deal in the end truly, ignorance, falsehood and sentiments are discarded in favour of the more worthy goods of facts and sacred truths.

Eku Agba cool
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 6:27am On May 22, 2016
The just shall live by faith grin
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by dragunov: 5:15pm On May 22, 2016
MrPresident1:
The just shall live by faith grin
it is that 'menstrual woman' part that I need clarity on. Can you please educate me on that?
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 6:04pm On May 22, 2016
dragunov:
it is that 'menstrual woman' part that I need clarity on. Can you please educate me on that?

Ezekiel by inspiration lists the things that YAH hates, one of the things the book lists is coming near a menstrous woman (having sex with a menstrous) woman, YAH considers her seperated until her flow ends.

But I wouldn't want you to see the law in absolutes, all the law boils down to love, you cannot use this as an excuse not to help a woman who may need your help whilst her visitor is around.
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 1:44pm On Jul 06, 2016
Read
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 10:58am On Aug 07, 2016
Read grin
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 9:17am On Oct 23, 2016
Seun, come and see if you can make a head of this angry
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by veekid(m): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2016
I'll comment when I'm back from church
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by emmabest2000(m): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2016
veekid:
I'll comment when I'm back from church

On the way to church rightaway ..... grin

1 Like

Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by kwaso2: 1:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
Op, thanks for sharing this truth. If there's no faith, then Christ died for nothing! Kindly continue.... Righteousness still exalts a nation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by Goshen360(m): 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2016
Always promoting LAW, obedience to the law and now, just shall live by faith. Promitting law and faith, both don't mix...the law is not of faith and faith doesn't require law to be effective... wink
Re: The Just Shall Live By Faith. by MrPresident1: 4:57pm On Oct 23, 2016
Goshen360:
Always promoting LAW, obedience to the law and now, just shall live by faith. Promitting law and faith, both don't mix...the law is not of faith and faith doesn't require law to be effective... wink

Whether you like it or not you will still obey that LAW, you cannot escape it, for everyone who makes the kingdom of God the LAW will be inherent in them. The LAW is coming back no matter what is said against it.

He will put His laws in our hearts!

Hebrews 10:16
This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

(1) (Reply)

The Great Challenge For Christians / Download Free Gospel Music: James Fortune & FIYA - I Trust You / What We Lost Because Of Christianity In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.