Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,416 members, 7,808,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:39 PM

Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) (37782 Views)

VIDEO: Muslim Imam Tells Truth About Islam / "MORGAN FREEMAN" Comment About ISLAM And Religion. / To All Nairalanders That Supported Trump On His View About Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by bytemeister(m): 8:28pm On Nov 13, 2015
Annunaki:

So people that are this daft still exist? cry

sure dey do and am a api one at dat
Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by parisbookaddict(f): 8:38pm On Nov 13, 2015
bytemeister:

and u forgetting Jesus ain't d only prophet in d xtian book as muh'd ain't d only in d Muslim's cos it seems u singling d dude out.... clearly sum1 aint reading deir bible wel.....
Make ready to slaughter the infidel’s sons for
the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and
possess the earth, and fill the breadth of the
world with tyrants. ( Isaiah 14:21 )
Then I heard God say to the other men,
"Follow him through the city and kill everyone
whose forehead is not marked. Show no mercy;
have no pity! Kill them all – old and young,
girls and women and little children.” ( Ezekiel
9:5 )
Now therefore kill every male among the little
ones, and kill every woman that hath known
man by lying with him. But all the women
children, that have not known a man by lying
with him, keep alive for yourselves. ( Numbers
31:17-18 )
If your own full brother, or your son or
daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate
friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods,
whom you and your fathers have not known,
gods of any other nations, near at hand or far
away, from one end of the earth to the other: do
not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with
pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill
him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay
him; the rest of the people shall join in with
you. (Deuteronomy 13:7-12

how is dis any beta dan d muslim's Koran??

First correction, Jesus is not a prophet.. and there is nothing like xian..

U are not reading my posts.... i agree that there is described violence in the OT... if u have a problem read the context and understand why it happened...

I am a Christian under the new law as taught by Jesus.

If u think that the bible teaches only acceptance of everything then u havent read it.... Gods judgement is as terrifying as his forgiveness is complete thru christ. ..

Islam/quran gives PRESCRIPTIVE brutal commands to kill rape molest that are not in OT...
Eg sex with slaves , sleeping with children, beating women, kidnapping captives for slavery, raping captives, extortion of tax from infidels, waging jihad, promises of sex in paradise ...etc all approved in the quran but not in the Old Testament talkless of the new testament....

Lets be honest, the quran is the antithesis of the Bible. .

2 Likes

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by parisbookaddict(f): 9:00pm On Nov 13, 2015
Annunaki:

The more you read the quoran the more ridiculous it gets grin what do you expect from a book authored by an illiterate? cheesy

Yeah i agree... i learn new stuff every day that convinces me he was a fraud..
By the way
Mohammed being an illiterate is most likely a lie invented by muslims who wanted to give credibility to the fraud mohammed.... they claim how can an illiterate present such a book, the quran.

Mohammed was a psychopath, very clever, a master manipulator and skilled warrior. . Its very hard to sell him as an illiterate but the muslims have tried it with some hadiths..

1 Like

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by plappville(f): 9:11pm On Nov 13, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Please create topics and ask muslims to come and explain. .. i didnt even know the quran claimed muslims think with their hearts...

They are blind and wicked. They care not no matter the errors. People who laugh at thier fellow human beheaded undecided what else is as evil as them? I hate Islam with passion. I hate Islam.

1 Like

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by plappville(f): 9:24pm On Nov 13, 2015
Quran 55:33 humans wont go into space without gods consent. Big false statement. Dozens of non-theists went into space without leave or permission from god.

Quran is filled with lies...
Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by plappville(f): 10:25pm On Nov 13, 2015

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by Annunaki(m): 7:44am On Nov 14, 2015
parisbookaddict:

By the way
Mohammed being an illiterate is most likely a lie invented by muslims who wanted to give credibility to the fraud mohammed.... they claim how can an illiterate present such a book, the quran.

Mohammed was a psychopath, very clever, a master manipulator and skilled warrior. . Its very hard to sell him as an illiterate but the muslims have tried it with some hadiths..

Naaa, it's more likely he was a stark illiterate as most people then were. He had scribes that took records whenever had his hallucinations. It was the collection of these disjointed records that came to be know as the quoran.
Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by parisbookaddict(f): 9:18am On Nov 14, 2015
Annunaki:

Naaa, it's more likely he was a stark illiterate as most people then were. He had scribes that took records whenever had his hallucinations. It was the collection of these disjointed records that came to be know as the quoran.

Mohammed compiled the quran from several apocryphal books that he plagiarized to produce his recitations of the quran. .eg

1. the Infancy gospel of Thomas : this is where mohammed got his stories about the childhood of "isa"

2. the life of Adam and eve: this is where he got the alternate creation story.

3. the gospel of James/the protovangelion of James: the purported biography of Mary which mohammed plagiarised.

4. the gnostic apocalypse of peter: the alleged body double crucifixion which muslims love to appeal to,

A stark illiterate would not have done this..

Again it takes a clever manipulator to motivate men to believe they will get 72 virgins when they die in jihad..

Mohammed had to be an intelligent guy..remember he was married to a rich woman early in his life..i dont see why a woman of influence will stoop low to marry an illiterate. .
Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by Annunaki(m): 9:40am On Nov 14, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Mohammed compiled the quran from several apocryphal books that he plagiarized to produce his recitations of the quran. .eg

1. the Infancy gospel of Thomas : this is where mohammed got his stories about the childhood of "isa"

2. the life of Adam and eve: this is where he got the alternate creation story.

3. the gospel of James/the protovangelion of James: the purported biography of Mary which mohammed plagiarised.

4. the gnostic apocalypse of peter: the alleged body double crucifixion which muslims love to appeal to,

A stark illiterate would not have done this..

Again it takes a clever manipulator to motivate men to believe they will get 72 virgins when they die in jihad..

Mohammed had to be an intelligent guy..remember he was married to a rich woman early in his life..i dont see why a woman of influence will stoop low to marry an illiterate. .

Mohamed probably learnt these apocryphal stories from his sugar mummy's uncle(waraqa) he the later recited them to scribes as if they were 'revelations'. On the issue of khadija marrying an illiterate, they were mostly illiterate in those days and she was probably illiterate herself. I will like to think she more likely married mohammed for his sexual prowess, remember mohamed was very randy and allah gave him the strength of thirty men in bed.

As per intelligence, there is no doubt at all that mohammed was intelligent, he certainly had to be an evil genius to pull through with all his glaring lies and it sustained till this very day.

2 Likes

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by bytemeister(m): 10:35am On Nov 14, 2015
parisbookaddict:

First correction, Jesus is not a prophet.. and there is nothing like xian..

U are not reading my posts.... i agree that there is described violence in the OT... if u have a problem read the context and understand why it happened...

I am a Christian under the new law as taught by Jesus.

If u think that the bible teaches only acceptance of everything then u havent read it.... Gods judgement is as terrifying as his forgiveness is complete thru christ. ..

Islam/quran gives PRESCRIPTIVE brutal commands to kill rape molest that are not in OT...
Eg sex with slaves , sleeping with children, beating women, kidnapping captives for slavery, raping captives, extortion of tax from infidels, waging jihad, promises of sex in paradise ...etc all approved in the quran but not in the Old Testament talkless of the new testament....

Lets be honest, the quran is the antithesis of the Bible. .

yeah yeah. it's the exact opposite I wont argue with you on dat but I know truth is not hard to kill, and a lie well told
is immortal and had d Abrahamic religion not existed to seize power
when it did (and assuming no horrid analog
arose in its place to do so), we would be
living now in a world 1500 years more
technologically and scientifically
advanced--and 1500 years more politically
and socially advanced. We would not be
struggling in every domain of our lives with
the wreckage of inhuman attitudes about
sexuality or social justice or liberty,
inhuman attitudes entrenched in our culture
and thus our psyches solely because of
it. All the battles we are fighting
today, against the abuse of the poor,
against war mongering, against hostility to
sexual freedom and enjoyment, against
oppression of women and gays, would have
been resolved centuries ago, in favor of
human liberty.the Abrahamic has been
holding us back. It holds us back still.

1 Like

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by ibnmonsur: 10:57am On Nov 14, 2015
plappville:

You cant hid from from it. The Satanic verse is part of the coran even if it has been deleted. Many people are not aware the coran used to contain a satanic verse. They deleted it as if other verses are godly. The coran itself is satanic till date.

The Surah 53 was given to Muhammad by Satan. Also vss. 19, 20. These two verses read:

Have ye thought upon al-Lat and al-Uzza
And Manat, the third, the other? (53:19,20)

Then, originally, the verses (known today as the satanic verses) followed:
These are the exalted cranes (intermediaries)
Whose intercession is to be hoped for.

Pls you can't use lies the prrof or self why can't you be sincere for ones and open ur heart to the truth
Stop lieing to receive people.

Surah An-Najm, Verse 18:
لَقَدْ رَأَىٰ مِنْ آيَاتِ رَبِّهِ الْكُبْرَىٰ

Indeed he (Muhammad SAW) did see, of the Greatest Signs, of his Lord (Allah).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
Surah An-Najm, Verse 19:
أَفَرَأَيْتُمُ اللَّاتَ وَالْعُزَّىٰ

Have you then considered Al-Lat, and Al-'Uzza (two idols of the pagan Arabs).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
Surah An-Najm, Verse 20:
وَمَنَاةَ الثَّالِثَةَ الْأُخْرَىٰ

And Manat (another idol of the pagan Arabs), the other third?
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Najm, Verse 21:
أَلَكُمُ الذَّكَرُ وَلَهُ الْأُنثَىٰ

Is it for you the males and for Him the females?
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Najm, Verse 22:
تِلْكَ إِذًا قِسْمَةٌ ضِيزَىٰ

That indeed is a division most unfair!
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Najm, Verse 23:
إِنْ هِيَ إِلَّا أَسْمَاءٌ سَمَّيْتُمُوهَا أَنتُمْ وَآبَاؤُكُم مَّا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ بِهَا مِن سُلْطَانٍ إِن يَتَّبِعُونَ إِلَّا الظَّنَّ وَمَا تَهْوَى الْأَنفُسُ وَلَقَدْ جَاءَهُم مِّن رَّبِّهِمُ الْهُدَىٰ

They are but names which you have named, you and your fathers, for which Allah has sent down no authority. They follow but a guess and that which they themselves desire, whereas there has surely come to them the Guidance from their Lord!
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Najm, Verse 24:
أَمْ لِلْإِنسَانِ مَا تَمَنَّىٰ

Or shall man have what he wishes?
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Najm, Verse 25:
فَلِلَّهِ الْآخِرَةُ وَالْأُولَىٰ

But to Allah belongs the last (Hereafter) and the first (the world).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

1 Like

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by ibnmonsur: 11:04am On Nov 14, 2015
plappville:

Quran 55:33 humans wont go into space without gods consent. Big false statement. Dozens of non-theists went into space without leave or permission from god.

Quran is filled with lies...
lies
Surah Al-Rahman, Verse 33:
يَا مَعْشَرَ الْجِنِّ وَالْإِنسِ إِنِ اسْتَطَعْتُمْ أَن تَنفُذُوا مِنْ أَقْطَارِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ فَانفُذُوا لَا تَنفُذُونَ إِلَّا بِسُلْطَانٍ

O assembly of jinns and men! If you have power to pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, then pass (them)! But you will never be able to pass them, except with authority (from Allah)!
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

its not talking about space. do you know scientist who goes to space are suspended I.e not able to pass the boundary.
non of does going to space has ever reach the first heaven talk less of passing it.

1 Like

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by parisbookaddict(f): 11:07am On Nov 14, 2015
bytemeister:

yeah yeah. it's the exact opposite I wont argue with you on dat but I know truth is not hard to kill, and a lie well told
is immortal and had d Abrahamic religion not existed to seize power
when it did (and assuming no horrid analog
arose in its place to do so), we would be
living now in a world 1500 years more
technologically and scientifically
advanced--and 1500 years more politically
and socially advanced. We would not be
struggling in every domain of our lives with
the wreckage of inhuman attitudes about
sexuality or social justice or liberty,
inhuman attitudes entrenched in our culture
and thus our psyches solely because of
it. All the battles we are fighting
today, against the abuse of the poor,
against war mongering, against hostility to
sexual freedom and enjoyment, against
oppression of women and gays, would have
been resolved centuries ago, in favor of
human liberty.the Abrahamic has been
holding us back. It holds us back still.

Emm dude apparently u are not aware that the idea for university was founded and started by the catholics. .

Most of the worlds oldest univeristies or colleges were founded by christian churches. . Even havard university was started of as a Catholic seminary school before its expansion , Hospitals as we know it are a christian invention and the very First charity drive for the less privileged was started by St paul while in exile...the biggest charity donations in the US come from the american catholic church not liberal ngo or secular charity organisations

The world who have been a barbaric place if order was not brought in by Christianity. .

2 Likes

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by Demmzy15(m): 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Emm dude apparently u are not aware that the idea for university was founded and started by the catholics. .

This I can't ignore! That's a lie, please proof me wrong!

Most of the worlds oldest univeristies or colleges were founded by christian churches. . Even havard university was started of as a Catholic seminary school before its expansion ,

Another lie, prove me wrong!

Hospitals as we know it are a christian invention and the very First charity drive for the less privileged was started by St paul while in exile...the biggest charity donations in the US come from the american catholic church not liberal ngo or secular charity organisations

Another lie, without Muslims work in Medicine I don't think the West would be able to survive. This a fact I'm willing to argue, I'm challenging you! Hospitals and medicine were Muslims initiatives, the brought it to you!

The world who have been a barbaric place if order was not brought in by Christianity. .

The world would have been a place of tyranny and sham if not for Muslims who fought against your evils. Remember Dracula, Crusaders, Byzantine Empire, etc! No doubt some Muslim rulers transgressed beyond limits, but they can't be compared with Christians.

1 Like

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by plappville(f): 6:47pm On Nov 14, 2015
ibnmonsur:

Pls you can't use lies the prrof or self why can't you be sincere for ones and open ur heart to the truth
Stop lieing to receive people.

Surah An-Najm, Verse 18:
لَقَدْ رَأَىٰ مِنْ آيَاتِ رَبِّهِ الْكُبْرَىٰ

Indeed he (Muhammad SAW) did see, of the Greatest Signs, of his Lord (Allah).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
Surah An-Najm, Verse 19:
أَفَرَأَيْتُمُ اللَّاتَ وَالْعُزَّىٰ

Have you then considered Al-Lat, and Al-'Uzza (two idols of the pagan Arabs).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran
Surah An-Najm, Verse 20:
وَمَنَاةَ الثَّالِثَةَ الْأُخْرَىٰ

And Manat (another idol of the pagan Arabs), the other third?
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Najm, Verse 21:
أَلَكُمُ الذَّكَرُ وَلَهُ الْأُنثَىٰ

Is it for you the males and for Him the females?
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Najm, Verse 22:
تِلْكَ إِذًا قِسْمَةٌ ضِيزَىٰ

That indeed is a division most unfair!
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Najm, Verse 23:
إِنْ هِيَ إِلَّا أَسْمَاءٌ سَمَّيْتُمُوهَا أَنتُمْ وَآبَاؤُكُم مَّا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ بِهَا مِن سُلْطَانٍ إِن يَتَّبِعُونَ إِلَّا الظَّنَّ وَمَا تَهْوَى الْأَنفُسُ وَلَقَدْ جَاءَهُم مِّن رَّبِّهِمُ الْهُدَىٰ

They are but names which you have named, you and your fathers, for which Allah has sent down no authority. They follow but a guess and that which they themselves desire, whereas there has surely come to them the Guidance from their Lord!
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Najm, Verse 24:
أَمْ لِلْإِنسَانِ مَا تَمَنَّىٰ

Or shall man have what he wishes?
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Surah An-Najm, Verse 25:
فَلِلَّهِ الْآخِرَةُ وَالْأُولَىٰ

But to Allah belongs the last (Hereafter) and the first (the world).
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

Waste of time...didn't you see where I said the verse has been deleted? The satanic verse has been changed in the Qur'an.. tongue
Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by plappville(f): 6:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
ibnmonsur:

lies
Surah Al-Rahman, Verse 33:
يَا مَعْشَرَ الْجِنِّ وَالْإِنسِ إِنِ اسْتَطَعْتُمْ أَن تَنفُذُوا مِنْ أَقْطَارِ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ فَانفُذُوا لَا تَنفُذُونَ إِلَّا بِسُلْطَانٍ

O assembly of jinns and men! If you have power to pass beyond the zones of the heavens and the earth, then pass (them)! But you will never be able to pass them, except with authority (from Allah)!
(English - Mohsin Khan)

via iQuran

its not talking about space. do you know scientist who goes to space are suspended I.e not able to pass the boundary.
non of does going to space has ever reach the first heaven talk less of passing it.

Non is Allah that lied, By being in space humans just passed the earth. During His time I'm sure this verse meant that man wouldn't be able to go past the sky but when that didn't turned out to be so, Islam frauds decided to take heavens to mean the universe or outer-space. The quran's is vague! it allows you to interpret it as you want to. u present day Muslims are giving heaven two meanings so that u can use either meaning depending on context to make it look like Allah isn't wrong... Islam fail at that.

1 Like

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by plappville(f): 6:57pm On Nov 14, 2015

“‘To me it has been revealed, when naught has been revealed to him’ refers to 'Abdallah Ibn Sa'd Ibn Abi Sarh, who used to write for God's messenger. The verse (23:12) that says, ‘We created man of an extraction of clay’ was revealed, and when Muhammad reached the part that says, ‘… thereafter We produced him as another creature’ (23:14), ‘Abdallah said, ‘ So blessed be God the fairest of creators!’ in amazement at the details of man's creation. The prophet said, ‘Write it down; for thus it has been revealed.’ ‘Abdallah doubted and said, ‘If Muhammad is truthful then I receive the revelation as much as he does, and if he is a liar, what I said is a good as what he said.’” (Anwar al-Tanzil wa Asrar al-Ta‘wil by 'Abdallah Ibn 'Umar al-Baidawi;

Ibn al-Athîr said regarding Ibn Abi Sarh that:

He converted to Islam before the conquest of Mecca and immigrated to the Prophet [i.e. in Medina]. He used to record the revelation for the Prophet before he apostatized and went back to Mecca. Then he told Quraysh: ‘ I used to orient Muhammad wherever I willed, he dictated to me “All-Powerful All-Wise” and I suggest “All Knowing All-Wise” so he would say: “Yes, it is all the same.” (Usûd Ulghâbah fî Ma'rifat Is-Sahâbah, [Dâr al-Fikr, Beirut (Lebanon), 1995], Volume 3, p. 154
Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by plappville(f): 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2015
Allah word was changed several witnesses stated this. Why not now? Why not remove the killing of infidels, Jews and Christians from the so-called Quran?? undecided

1 Like

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by plappville(f): 7:04pm On Nov 14, 2015
Islam is darkness...

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 14, 2015
plappville:

[s]Non is Allah that lied, By being in space humans just passed the earth. During His time I'm sure this verse meant that man wouldn't be able to go past the sky but when that didn't turned out to be so, Islam frauds decided to take heavens to mean the universe or outer-space. The quran's is vague! it allows you to interpret it as you want to. u present day Muslims are giving heaven two meanings so that u can use either meaning depending on context to make it look like Allah isn't wrong... Islam fail at that.[/s]
you seem to have nothing to say, after a manifest proof has exposed you, your problem is you like showing yourself too much, [size=18pt]you are yet to tell me if rabbits are ruminant or not[/size], maybe i should also ask you this, [size=18pt]do insects have four or six legs?![/size] i'm sure the confused suya loving yahweh did not know!

1 Like

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Nov 14, 2015
plappville:

The hate should be deleted from the false quran. Like the Satanic verse was removed. Am not a brainwashed muslim. I see errors in the Qur'an.I wonder if muslims are physically blind just because they were brainwashed.

I will continue to expose and talk about false statments in the quran which prove that the quran is not a book of God. Even science consider the quran a total false book.

False statments in quran......

quran 71;15/16 "moon in the midst of 7 heavens". grin grin

Quran 37;6 "stars in the lower/nearest heaven"......, grin grin

Let me test your I.Q please dont embarrass yourself ooo, now, where is the moon? in the sky? at the atmosphere? or outside outside our planet earth?

and secondly you seem to confine your knowledge of first heaven to the sky you see when you look up, right? even scientists have not discovered heaven yet, neither can they disprove it, now I dont know why you are laughing clueslessly, when no human has ever discovered any of the 7 seven heavens yet, not to talk of the first one.

1 Like

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by Nobody: 8:02pm On Nov 14, 2015
Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2015
plappville:
Lies... tongue
The Arabic word "Masjid", which means Mosque or Temple, is derived from the root word "Sujood", which means Prostration. A Masjid does not have to be a building decorated with arts and standing on strong pillars. It can be an area of worship where it is surrounded by boundaries; whether it is small walls or stones gathered by men. So it is quite possible that since the area where the modern "Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa" is located in is believed to be the place where the Temple of Solomon was built in, that the Jews used to gather together and do their Prayers and prostrations to GOD Almighty there. That area can be technically called a Temple or Mosque; a place of Prostration.

That is why "Qubbat Al-Sakhra", which is the building with the golden dome top, was built. It is strongly believed that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him had set his foot on that land before he was taken up to heaven and sent back. It was an open land. So to preserve that holy site, the Muslims decided to build Qubbat Al-Sakhra near the Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa. This should prove my theory that the area where the Temple of Solomon was believed to be built in was really an open area that was dedicated for worship. That area was called Al-Masjid Al-Aqsa, which means the Farthest Mosque. So technically, there is no error in the Noble Qu'ran's claims regarding this matter.
Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by parisbookaddict(f): 8:36pm On Nov 14, 2015
Demmzy15:

This I can't ignore! That's a lie, please proof me wrong!
The university is generally regarded as a formal institution that has its origin in the Medieval Christian setting.[4][5] Prior to the establishment of universities, European higher education took place for hundreds of years in Christian cathedral schools or monastic schools (Scholae monasticae), in which monks and nuns taught classes; evidence of these immediate forerunners of the later university at many places dates back to the 6th century AD.

[4] Rüegg, Walter: "Foreword. The University as a European Institution", in: A History of the University in Europe. Vol. 1: Universities in the Middle Ages, Cambridge University Press,

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_university

Another lie, prove me wrong!

See source at bottom..

Most of the colleges in the United States that started over 300 years ago were Bible-proclaiming schools originally. Harvard and Yale (originally Puritan) and Princeton (originally Presbyterian) once had rich Christian histories.

Harvard was named after a Christian minister. Yale was started by clergymen, and Princeton’s first year of class was taught by Reverend Jonathan Dickinson. Princeton’s crest still says “Dei sub numine viget,” which is Latin for “Under God she flourishes.”

In the United Kingdom, the earliest university-type establishment was probably the College, established by the Celtic preacher St. Illtyd in about AD 500. Oxford University was established by various religious orders. Likewise, Cambridge University was established in 1209 by Christian leaders. Saint Andrews, Scotland’s oldest university, was founded principally for the teaching and study of theology.

https://answersingenesis.org/christianity/harvard-yale-princeton-oxford-once-christian/

Another lie, without Muslims work in Medicine I don't think the West would be able to survive. This a fact I'm willing to argue, I'm challenging you! Hospitals and medicine were Muslims initiatives, the brought it to you!

U keep screaming lies but you are yet to provided any source that suggests i lied..

Read up history of hospitals..i never said muslims didnt contribute..for a very small time in history they did with the help of christians and jews in territories they conquered. . hospitals as we know it today is as a result of the efforts of the catholics and protestant christians. .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_hospitals

Be sure to also read up about the redcross which provides millions in hospital aid and medicine to starving muslims..

The world would have been a place of tyranny and sham if not for Muslims who fought against your evils. Remember Dracula, Crusaders, Byzantine Empire, etc! No doubt some Muslim rulers transgressed beyond limits, but they can't be compared with Christians.

Dracula.. the vampire?? Please tell me more

Crusaders fought jihadist muslims who invaded Byzantine, Spain and Turkey etc beheading people who did not convert to islam.. we now understand why the crusades was neccessary more than ever..look at bh and isis, the taliban, al nusra al shabab etc..

The crusaders fought muslim tyranny not the other way round. .

Ur muslim brothers just killed 153 innocent people in france yesterday. .. everyday people realize how evil islam is.. france opened its hands to muslims and u guys kill them in return. . Disgusting. .

1 Like

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by parisbookaddict(f): 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2015
lexiconkabir:

Let me test your I.Q please dont embarrass yourself ooo, now, where is the moon? in the sky? at the atmosphere? or outside outside our planet earth?

and secondly you seem to confine your knowledge of first heaven to the sky you see when you look up, right? even scientists have not discovered heaven yet, neither can they disprove it, now I dont know why you are laughing clueslessly, when no human has ever discovered any of the 7 seven heavens yet, not to talk of the first one.

7 heavens? ?? Please tell me more
Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by Nobody: 8:54pm On Nov 14, 2015
plappville:

quran 4;11-12 hereditary laws dont add up
wife 1/8 = 3/24
daughters 2/3 = 16/24
father 1/6 = 4/24
mother 1/6 = 4/24
total = 27/24 allah doing mathematics. ... grin .

your problem is you copy and paste too much, now let me give an example of what the author of the site which you copied and pasted from did.

2+4=2x if and only if x is 3 and 2+8=5x if and only if x is 2, then an hypocrite come here and lie that I said x is 3 and later I said its 2 without giving the conditions, then he concludes that I am inconsistent, unknown to the people who were not there when I stated the condition of when the value of x should be 2 or 3, the ignorant people will also criticise me following the hypocrite.

having given that illustration, let the open minded people read this verse(I Dont know if you are one of them).

Allah instructs you concerning your
children: for the male, what is equal to
the share of two females. But if there
are [only] daughters, two or more, for
them is two thirds of one's estate. And
if there is only one, for her is half.
And for one's parents, to each one of
them is a sixth of his estate if he left
children. But if he had no children
and the parents [alone] inherit from
him, then for his mother is one third.
And if he had brothers [or sisters], for
his mother is a sixth, after any bequest
he [may have] made or debt. Your
parents or your children - you know
not which of them are nearest to you
in benefit. [These shares are] an
obligation [imposed] by Allah . Indeed,
Allah is ever Knowing and Wise.

And for you is half of what your wives
leave if they have no child. But if they
have a child, for you is one fourth of
what they leave, after any bequest
they [may have] made or debt. And for
the wives is one fourth if you leave no
child. But if you leave a child, then for
them is an eighth of what you leave,
after any bequest you [may have]
made or debt. And if a man or woman
leaves neither ascendants nor
descendants but has a brother or a
sister, then for each one of them is a
sixth. But if they are more than two,
they share a third, after any bequest
which was made or debt, as long as
there is no detriment [caused]. [This
is] an ordinance from Allah , and Allah
is Knowing and Forbearing.

for the honest people, do the maths accordingly.

1 Like

Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 14, 2015
parisbookaddict:

7 heavens? ?? Please tell me more
you are also having a myopic thinking like plappville, apart from belief about the concept of heaven, what empirical proof do you have for the concept of heaven? then why can't I believe in 7 heavens? come to think of it even the bible use plural for heaven, the Hebrew word always translated to heavens in the bible is shamayim, meaning HEAVENS implying more than one heaven, infact it can be expounded in the bible that there are seven heavens, read this article.

http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?30-Seven-Heavens

mind you, it is not a an Islamic site oooo, even the domain of the site can testify to it.
Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by parisbookaddict(f): 9:45pm On Nov 14, 2015
lexiconkabir:
you are also having a myopic thinking like plappville, apart from belief about the concept of heaven, what empirical proof do you have for the concept of heaven? then why can't I believe in 7 heavens? come to think of it even the bible use plural for heaven, the Hebrew word always translated to heavens in the bible is shamayim, meaning HEAVENS implying more than one heaven, infact it can be expounded in the bible that there are seven heavens, read this article.

http://www.biblewheel.com/forum/showthread.php?30-Seven-Heavens

mind you, it is not a an Islamic site oooo, even the domain of the site can testify to it.

Dude why are u always aggressive. . I just asked u to tell me more. .

Can't u muslims ever be civil. .

I have another question for u..

What is your honesty view on the attacks on Paris yesterday. . Have u seen the isis video justifying the attack??
Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 14, 2015
parisbookaddict:

Dude why are u always aggressive. . I just asked u to tell me more. .

Can't u muslims ever be civil. .
pls show me the part, where i was being aggressive you asked me to tell you more "lies" which i did.

I have another question for u..

What is your honesty view on the attacks on Paris yesterday. . Have u seen the isis video justifying the attack??
Nothing!
Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by parisbookaddict(f): 10:12pm On Nov 14, 2015
lexiconkabir:
pls show me the part, where i was being aggressive you asked me to tell you more "lies" which i did.

Nothing!

U feel nothing?? U have nothing to say?

U can't even condemn the attacks. .

I am not surprised
Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 14, 2015
parisbookaddict:

U feel nothing?? U have nothing to say?

U can't even condemn the attacks. .

I am not surprised
if i condemn the attack, what difference would it make to you? you will always attach it islam, so its better i keep mute. i'm still waiting for where i was being aggressive.
Re: Speaking My Mind, Its About (islam) by true2god: 7:22am On Nov 15, 2015
parisbookaddict:

By the way

Islamic liars have forgotten than Khadija (later mohammed's wife) employed mohammed, as her salesman and a book-keeper, during the caravan trade period along the desert route. How can someone employ a stark illiterate as a salesman and a book-keeper? I have forgetten that lying is perfectly islamic, as long as it is for the promotion of islam.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

‘LOL’ Really Mean ‘lucifer Our Lord’? / Apostle Joshua Selman To Get Married In 2020 / Should We Start Taking TB Joshua Seriously?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.