Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,573 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:25 PM

Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... (17749 Views)

Vehicle: 2009 Honda Accord EX-L. THE REBUILD / Mercedes Benz S550 Armoured Sedan : The Official Car Of Prof. Yemi Osibanjo / Quick Meaning Of 'P','R','N','D','2','L' And 'OD' For Autogears (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Nobody: 8:01pm On Dec 05, 2015
elusive2:
Good day nairalanders. Kindly assist me as I'm in a dilemma as which to choose. I am a highway driver and i cover an average of 600km weekly. I love the benz class but i also like the looks of the accord. I enjoy driving a lot. Kindly advise which will serve my purpose on the average without frequent visits to the workshop. Thanks a lot in anticipation guys...

Get the Honda Accord 2007 Ex-L V6. I have one and I can confidently tell you that it's impressively fast, comfortable seats for long driving, well balanced (perhaps using a flat/wide tyres gave me better cornering and balance) and good handling ( handles better than 2008-2012 accord year cos I've driven them )for a FWD. The Honda is faster, luxurious, has more interior space and cheaper to maintain than the Benz you mentioned. I have attained a speed of 200-220km/hr (not anymore though) few times and I still feel in control although the MB handles better cos its RW driven.
The only cons in the accord 2007 is its turning radius.
Mind you, MB gets over-heated more frequently and other annoying electrical issues...never ever experience an over-heating with my accord and probably that's why northerners loves accord..
MB has better head lamps just in case you journey at night...
It all depends on you...Speed, maintenance, reliability, above average handling and stability get the accord...better handling and stability, good lamps, expensive repairs, electrical issues and average reliability, get the MB
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by elite(m): 12:38am On Dec 24, 2015
Thanx for ur response, hhmmmm...
marshall4:

Get the Honda Accord 2007 Ex-L V6. I have one and I can confidently tell you that it's impressively fast, comfortable seats for long driving, well balanced (perhaps using a flat/wide tyres gave me better cornering and balance) and good handling ( handles better than 2008-2012 accord year cos I've driven them )for a FWD. The Honda is faster, luxurious, has more interior space and cheaper to maintain than the Benz you mentioned. I have attained a speed of 200-220km/hr (not anymore though) few times and I still feel in control although the MB handles better cos its RW driven.
Mind you, MB gets over-heated more frequently and other annoying electrical issues...never ever experience an over-heating with my accord and probably that's why northerners loves accord..
It all depends on you...Speed, maintenance, reliability, above average handling and stability get the accord...better handling and stability, good lamps, expensive repairs, electrical issues and average reliability, get the MB
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by BTT(m): 10:33am On Dec 24, 2015
elusive2:
mb c230 sport sedan 2007. 2.5 ltr v6 (wdbrf52h47e027459). Thank you for asking.

Are you aware this was exactly what your dealer sold to you?

http://www.vininspect.com/en/check-vin-number-and-get-the-vehicle-history-report/checkout/WDBRF52H47E023248/?a_aid=53cfdb93c06a7&ch=code2
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by iamLeo(m): 10:48am On Dec 24, 2015
Op if ur talkin abt speed nd handling, try d MB C32 AMG V6, no accord comes close to it
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by refreshrate: 11:39am On Dec 24, 2015
FlyboyZee:

Not with an Acura TL Type S. At speeds in excess of 200km/hr, that's when you begin to see why you paid more for it over its Honda sibling, the Accord EX-L V6...

Guy, bone yarns jare. That Acura can go...

The taste in the pudding they say is in the eating. Assumptions aren't always right.

That's all.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by BTT(m): 1:16pm On Dec 24, 2015

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by elite(m): 12:24am On Dec 25, 2015
BTT:

Are you aware this was exactly what your dealer sold to you?
http://www.car-salvage.info/auto-inventory/lot-2007_MERCEDES-BENZ_C230_33029164/c-1/g-33029164/
http://www.vininspect.com/en/check-vin-number-and-get-the-vehicle-history-report/checkout/WDBRF52H47E023248/?a_aid=53cfdb93c06a7&ch=code2
Oga, Next time, endeavour to copy correctly before you advertise ur folly on an online forum. The vin you are posting is different from his vin. @Op, did you consider the 08 camry?
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by BTT(m): 2:27pm On Dec 26, 2015
elite:
Oga, Next time, endeavour to copy correctly before you advertise ur folly on an online forum. The vin you are posting is different from his vin. @Op, did you consider the 08 camry?

You expect me to bandy words with your uncouth and diabetic rash-infested trash of unsolicited response spewing from your empty 'coconut'.

Must you spill your delinquency at the least opportunity? Should you be bereft of manners to take your miscreant smell of Golgotha to claim I advertise folly at the lintels of your genealogy?

Why attack my personality when you have not proved beyond reasonable doubt that the link I pasted was wrong? Even so, how does it wrap around your warped mind that there's anything in it for me to post a misleading link.

Park. 'Abeg'.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 27, 2015
elite:
Some pics if my new car...

beautiful machine you bought there, I hope you treat her well. You could join the mercedes Benz group on watsapp in d car talk section. They will help you better with regards to your car. You made the right choice and I am really proud of u. By the way did you get it from Coutonu?
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 27, 2015
marshall4:

Just negodu! How will u say a 2007 honda accord is better than a Honda 2008 - 2012 model year. if it was that good then they would have skipped the 2008-2012 model year and jumped over to the 2015 model year.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by adanny01(m): 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2015
My personal issues with Benz.

The first embarassing thing about Benz is the way our mechanics work the fan to sound like an approaching hovercraft even blowing dust from underneath the engine bay. Those cars can be loud ehn. When i buy Benz, the mechanic that does that to my car will certainly see a side of me most people have not seen.

Secondly, that very unpredictable moment that your Benz key will suddenly make you wonder if there was foul play. Every one i know who owns Benz with an infrared key has experienced this embarassing moment. My sister's boyfriend had his in front of our house when he came to drop her one day. The car slept right there. You drove your, parked and turned of the engine. Left for few minutes and back but the car wont start for no obvious reason. The ignorant mechanic will so mess with your car from the fuel pump to your fuse box but nothing will work untill a programmer is summoned. He will tell you you must buy a new key for 50k and pay for programming for another 50k. Thats one reason am scared of Benz.

Lastly, we learned the hard way when speed limiter caused us to sleep in Lokoja on our trip from Uyo to Kaduna one time using a Benz ML. Reason was there was one bad ABS which failed on the way. Because of inactive ABS, the car limited speed to less than 60km/hr. Thats how a 1 day trip became a 2 day frustrating trip. I think that there are more likely parts to break down and make one sleep over on a planned trip using Benz than a Jap in class of Honda or Toyota.

If 2 cars a Benz and a Toyota take off from Maiduguri to Lagos, a Toyota has a better percentage chance to get there as planned. When japs break down, they get to the next town fighting hard but Benz will crawl and curse if not stall.

Even with their big engines, Benz fall my hand when it comes to acceleration from 0. Every one knows that the 1st 10secs or a race is very critical. Exception is that Hussein Bolt was never good at starting.

Congratulations on the new ride op.

3 Likes

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Nobody: 3:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
dumo1:

Just negodu! How will u say a 2007 honda accord is better than a Honda 2008 - 2012 model year. if it was that good then they would have skipped the 2008-2012 model year and jumped over to the 2015 model year.

I never said 2007 accord is better than 2008-2012....I said 2007 handles better.....of course 2008--recent models are upgrades...mind you 2007 has least issues...2008 models Na wahala

1 Like

Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
marshall4:

I never said 2007 accord is better than 2008-2012....I said 2007 handles better.....of course 2008--recent models are upgrades...mind you 2007 has least issues...2008 models Na wahala

if a 2008 model honda accord has issues then the mechanic & d owner of the car is to blame not the car.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Kunlinha: 9:16am On May 11, 2016
I can deduce you live in Abuja from your comment & pix posted. Can you kindly recommend your Merc's auto mechanic to me. Thanks
king406:
you travel weekly just like me. I travel to kaduna every week, I suggest u go with the benz if u can really handle the maintenance. This is my 06 c230, tell me this is not tempting grin
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by king406(m): 11:26am On May 11, 2016
Kunlinha:
I can deduce you live in Abuja from your comment & pix posted. Can you kindly recommend your Merc's auto mechanic to me. Thanks
hello. I live in kaduna, I only work in Abuja. My mechanics are also in kaduna.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Kunlinha: 5:19pm On May 12, 2016
Thanks man.
king406:
hello. I live in kaduna, I only work in Abuja. My mechanics are also in kaduna.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by kingreign(m): 8:23am On May 13, 2016
Kunlinha:

contact mike on 07034581213.
He is based in abuja.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by haywhy2323: 12:15pm On May 13, 2016
Any good Benz mech in PH.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Nobody: 3:20pm On May 13, 2016
Both are amazing in their own rights,but here's what I think. As it is,I would choose the accord. Bigger engine,slightly roomier. But if it was the C350? I wouldn't care. I would certainly go for the star and own it. On the road,that rear wheel driven machine is elephantishly balanced and as agile as a hummingbird. You know what? Test drive the two if u get the chance,you'll know what u want once u've done that,and whichever u end up with,make sure to follow maintenance guide stated by those wizards shikana.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Kunlinha: 10:24pm On May 29, 2016
Thanks my Oga.
kingreign:

contact mike on 07034581213.
He is based in abuja.
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Kunlinha: 8:24am On May 30, 2016
My C230 sport 2007 just went into 'limp mode' I.e my gear transmission is stalling. Any suggestion on what to do?
elusive2:
Good day nairalanders. Kindly assist me as I'm in a dilemma as which to choose. I am a highway driver and i cover an average of 600km weekly. I love the benz class but i also like the looks of the accord. I enjoy driving a lot. Kindly advise which will serve my purpose on the average without frequent visits to the workshop. Thanks a lot in anticipation guys...
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Nobody: 11:57am On May 30, 2016
king406:
you travel weekly just like me. I travel to kaduna every week, I suggest u go with the benz if u can really handle the maintenance. This is my 06 c230, tell meu this is not tempting grin
see rims, blacked out windows, luxury and better still stability & confidence on the highway. what more can one ever wish for?
Re: Between Accord V6 EX-L And C230 2007 Model Sport Sedan: Pls Advise... by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 13, 2016
abatically:

First of all, I'm not the one doing 210 km/hr.

Now to answer ur question, first u have to answer mine. Between 10kg of gravel and 10kg of feather which one is heavier?

Look, a v12 engine running at 100km/hr IS NOT faster than a bicycle running at 100km/hr.

No mind am jare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Avoid Common Driving Errors / Who Has The Most Expensive Private Jet In Nigeria? / Car Smashed By A Tree In A Pay Park, Who Bears The Loss? Your Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.