Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,880 members, 7,806,539 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York (7980 Views)

Nigerian Drug Smuggling Gang Busted In Pakistan / Nigerian Prostitution Ring Busted In Spain / Faces Of Nigerian Scammers In New York: Faces Of Nigerian New York Id Theft Ring (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by sosisi(f): 1:50am On May 15, 2009
. SHOLA ENTERPRISE CORRUPTION INDICTMENT (369 counts) (17 DEFENDANTS)

The defendants are all charged with enterprise corruption and are variously charged with second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, third- and fourth-degree grand larceny, third-degree attempted grand larceny, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, petit larceny, attempted petit larceny, and fifth-degree conspiracy. If convicted, they each face up to 25 years in prison.
* denotes defendant is presently being sought.

NAME/ADDRESS ALLEGED ROLE
1 * Wole Ogunwen, of 187-47 Ilion Avenue, St. Albans, Queens Supplier
2 Steven Trevor Jackson, 42, of 1271 Ocean Avenue in Brooklyn Forged Document Manufacturer
3 Jones Omoyemi Osinowo, 49, of 250 East 29th Street in Brooklyn Cell Manager
4 Adebayo A. Animashaun (age and address unavailable) Cell Manager
5 Ayanwale Ganiyu, 40, of 2020 East 41st Street in Brooklyn Cell Leader
6 Kola Falabake, 36, of 345 Montgomery Street in Brooklyn Cell Leader
7 Charles Femi Adoyele, 55, of 7 Trebor Road in Massapequa, LI Cell Leader
8 Anthony O. Johnson, 40, of 120 Beach 19th Street in Far Rockaway, Queens Cell Leader/Account Preparer
9 Idaya Molake, 43, of 341 10th Street in Brooklyn. Account Preparer
10 * Abiodun A. Shotonwa, 58, of 770 New York Avenue in Brooklyn Account Preparer
11 Hassan O. Anibaba, 32, of 950 Rutland Road in Brooklyn Account Preparer
12 Obimbola Lana, 45, of 1655 Undercliff Avenue in the Bronx. Account Preparer
13 Samuel A. Adeoba (age and address unavailable) Assistant Account Preparer
14 * John Doe (a/k/a Abe) (name, age and address unavailable) Foot Solider
15 Abidemi Olajide, 50, of 1396 Flatbush Avenue in Brooklyn Foot Solider
16 * Ike Nwabuoke, 41, of Canada Foot Soldier
17 Ronan Hassoun, 38, of 2614 Quentin Road in Brooklyn Fence (for electronics)

II. SHOLA IDENTITY THEFT INDICTMENT (309 counts) (27 DEFENDANTS)

Seventeen of the individuals are those named in the Shola Enterprise Corruption indictment. Below is information on the additional 10 defendants)
The defendants are variously charged with first-, second- and third-degree identity theft, first- and third-degree attempted identity theft, third-degree unlawful possession of personal identification, third- and fourth-degree grand larceny, second- degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, fifth-degree conspiracy, petit larceny and attempted petit larceny. If convicted, they each face up to seven years in prison.
* indicates that the defendant is presently being sought.

18 Denis Lenoid, 49, of 617 East 39th Street in Brooklyn Forged Document Manager
19 Roden Daniels Forged Document Manager
20 Fidelis Chukwuyem, 45, of 1037 East 99th Street in Brooklyn Forged Document Manager
21 Abdul Razack Yusuf, 48, of 380 Cozine Street in Brooklyn Cell Leader
22 Jide Salako, 35, of 518 West 41st Street in Los Angeles, California Cell Leader
23 Olanrewaju A. Shittu, 45, of 765 Lincoln Avenue in Brooklyn Cell Leader
24 Oladele Adeyemi, (age and address unavailable) Account Preparer
25 * Vivian Ike, 47, of 380 Cozine Street in Brooklyn Foot Soldier
26 Wole A. Lajide, 45, of Queens. Foot Soldier
27 Yetunde Peronel, 40, of 2501 Nostrand Avenue in Brooklyn Foot Soldier

III. FEMI ENTERPRISE CORRUPTION INDICTMENT (326 counts) (11 DEFENDANTS)

The defendants are all charged with enterprise corruption and are variously charged with second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, third- and fourth-degree grand larceny, third- and fourth-degree attempted grand larceny, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, petit larceny, attempted petit larceny, and fifth-degree conspiracy. If convicted, they each face up to 25 years in prison. * indicates that the defendant is presently being sought ** indicates that the defendant is also named in either the Shola Enterprise Corruption or/and Identity Theft Indictments.

** Charles Femi Adoyele (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) Cell Leader
** Jones Omoyemi Osinowo (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) Cell Manager
** Adebayo A. Animashaun (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) Supplier
28 Gaberial Goodwin, 41, of 259-51 147th Drive in Rosedale, Queens Supplier
29 * Ajibola Williams, 38, of Toronto, Canada Supplier 30 Olatunde Ashaya, 28, of 6333 North Ridge Avenue in Chicago, Illinois Supplier
** Steven Trevor Jackson (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) Forged Document Manufacturer
** Abimbola Lana (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) Account Preparer
31 John Adewale, 49, of 905 Rutland Road in Brooklyn Foot Soldier
** Wole A. Lajide (named in Shola I.D. Indictment) Foot Soldier
** Abidemi Olajide (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) Foot Soldier

IV. FEMI IDENTITY THEFT INDICTMENT (297 counts) (25 DEFENDANTS)

Eleven of the defendants are those named in the Femi Enterprise Corruption indictment above. Below is information on the
additional 14 defendants.
The defendants are variously charged with first- second- and third-degree identity theft, first- and third-degree attempted identity theft, second- and third-degree unlawful possession of personal identification, third- and fourth-degree grand larceny, third-degree attempted grand larceny, second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, fifth-degree conspiracy, petit larceny and attempted petit larceny. If convicted, they each face up to seven years in prison.
* indicates that the defendant is presently being sought
** indicates that the defendant is also named in either the Shola Enterprise Corruption or/and Identity Theft Indictments

32 Taiwo Adekanbi, 51, of 1035 Clarkson Avenue in Brooklyn Supplier
33 * Olayiwola Adams, 49, of 2425 Nostrand Avenue in Brooklyn Supplier
34 Jason Doyle (age and address unavailable) Supplier
35 Taye Adewale, 41, of Brooklyn Supplier
36 Israel Adeyomi, 41, of 6544 Belmar Street/Terrace in Philadelphia, PA. Supplier
** Kola Falabake (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) Supplier
37 * Kazeem A. Atanda, 39, of 1438 Street Place in Brooklyn Supplier
38 Haffeez A. Odoffin, 31, of 8948 South Normal Avenue in Chicago, IL Supplier
39 * Tola Omotayo, 40, of 49 Crown Street in Brooklyn Supplier
40 Samuel A. Adeoba (age and address unavailable) Assistant Account Preparer
41 * Yele Kunle Akins (age and address unavailable) Foot Soldier
** Yetunde Peronel (named in Shola ID indictment) Foot Solider
42 Yussuf Amos Oladipo (age and address unavailable) works for others who used this cell to wash accounts
** Abiodun A. Shotonwa (named in Shola E.C. and I.D. Indictments) works for others who used this cell to wash accounts

V. GANIYU/RAZACK ENTERPRISE CORRUPTION INDICTMENT (92 counts) (7 DEFENDANTS)

The defendants are all charged with enterprise corruption and are variously charged with second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, third- and fourth-degree grand larceny, fourth- and third-degree attempted grand larceny, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, petit larceny, attempted petit larceny, and fifth-degree conspiracy. If convicted, they each face up to 25 years in prison.
** indicates that the defendant is also named in either the Shola Enterprise Corruption or/and Identity Theft Indictments

** Abdul Razack Yusuf (named in Shola I.D. Indictment) cell manager
** Ayanwale Ganiyu (named in Shola E.C. Indictment) cell manager
43 Richard Nwabuisi, 40, of 525 Ellrose Court, Frederick, MD supplier
44 Hakeem B. Olokodana (age and address unavailable) supplier
** Fidelis Chukwuyem (named in Shola I.D. Indictment) forged document manufacturer
** Denis Lenoid (named in Shola I.D. Indictment) forged document manufacturer
45 Abimbola Akinrindae, 51, of 188-02 64th Avenue in Queens account preparer

VI. GANIYU/RAZACK IDENTITY THEFT INDICTMENT (105 counts) (9 DEFENDANTS)

Seven of the individuals are those named in the Ganiyu/Razack Enterprise Corruption indictment above. Below is information on the additional 2 defendants, who are also named in the Shola Identity Theft Indictment.
The defendants are variously charged with first- and second-degree identity theft, first- and third-degree attempted identity theft, third-degree unlawful possession of personal identification, third- and fourth-degree grand larceny, second-degree
criminal possession of a forged instrument, fourth-degree criminal possession of stolen property, fifth-degree conspiracy and petit larceny. If convicted, they each face up to seven years in prison.

** Roden Daniels (named in Shola I.D. Indictment) forged document manufacturer
** Vivian Ike (named in Shola I.D. Indictment) foot soldier
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by sosisi(f): 1:51am On May 15, 2009
http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2749%3Ainternational-credit-card-and-identity-theft-ring-of-nigerians-in-new-york-dismantled&catid=1%3Alatest-news&Itemid=18

Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by Busybody2(f): 1:54am On May 15, 2009
shocked shocked shocked JESUS IS LORD shocked shocked shocked
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by sosisi(f): 1:55am On May 15, 2009
The same thing I shouted when I saw it.
People should look through those names.Some of them could be suitors asking for people's hands in marriage.
This is a shame.
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by Busybody2(f): 1:56am On May 15, 2009
Check out their ages too shocked shocked shocked
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by sosisi(f): 2:00am On May 15, 2009
There's no way someone on this site won't know at least one of the people there.
The names are too many.
Even 51 year olds doing akpuruka
when do they retire?
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by agabaI23(m): 2:01am On May 15, 2009
News of the century

The already bad image gets 'badder'
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by sosisi(f): 2:02am On May 15, 2009
look at the woman in the Ganiyu enterprise that tied her scarf like a deeper lifer
Lord have mercy
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by OgidiBoy(m): 2:02am On May 15, 2009
They the same folks that go to Nigerian and show off riches, drive expensive cars and build mansions, and ppl in Nigeria would wonder if you in the same America with these criminals.
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by agabaI23(m): 2:03am On May 15, 2009
when you remember that some of those ages are visa ages, you will keep wondering.
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by AloyEmeka9: 2:09am On May 15, 2009
These guys should come home if there are no more jobs in America.  tpiah can house and feed any of them if they agree to marry her.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/146885_Credit_Idring5_jpga5fee77118271bf05b0c2840be2070a5
E be like say this mama Tokunboh is one of us here that is the chief tribalist. I remember her saying once her son's name is Tokunboh.
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by AloyEmeka9: 2:12am On May 15, 2009
They the same folks that go to Nigerian and show off riches, drive expensive cars and build mansions, and ppl in Nigeria would wonder if you in the same America with these criminals.
They are assumed innocent until proven guilty. May be they are just ordinary sales men.
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by sosisi(f): 2:14am On May 15, 2009
The District Attorney said that the investigation – dubbed “Operation Plastic Pipe Line” – leading to this week’s indictments and arrests began in September 2007 when police officers assigned to the Police Department’s Identity Theft Squad commenced a joint investigation with the District Attorney’s Economic Crimes Bureau into the large scale theft of Citibank credit cards and the subsequent use of the credit cards in Queens County and elsewhere. The investigation involved physical surveillance, intelligence gathering and court-authorized electronic eavesdropping on approximately one hundred different telephones and e- mail accounts in which thousands of conversations were intercepted – many of which required translation from Yoruba and Pidgin English to English.

In the largest of the criminal enterprise indictments, it is alleged that Wole “Shola” Ogunwen was the leader of the Shola Enterprise and supplied the various accounts to his cell leaders – Ayanwale Ganiyu, Anthony O. Johnson, Kola Falidaya Molake, Adebayo A. Animashaun and Charles Femi Adoyele and his manager Jones Omoyemi Osinowo – who managed the local cells and managed the compromising of the supplied accounts.  The accounts were allegedly prepared for usage by the defendants Idaya Molake, Hassan O. Anibaba, Abiodun A. Shotonwa, Anthony O. Johnson, Abimbola Lana and Samuel A. Adeoba. Steven Trevor Jackson was alleged to have been the forged document manufacturer who provided the “Shola” Enterprise with the forged identification and credit cards. John Doe (a.k.a. Abe), Ike Nwabuoke and Abidemi Olajide allegedly were the foot soldiers who went to the banks to make the withdrawals or to stores to make purchases with the compromised accounts.  According to the charges, when purchases were made with these accounts, the items, usually expensive electronics, would then allegedly be fenced to Ronan Hassoun, who operates Five Brothers Audio and Video Electronics at 43 Graham Avenue in Brooklyn.  

Oyibo people are smart and patient.
They took 2 full years to gather all their evidence.
Some of these men are already servicing their fellow men in prison
them go see fire
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by sosisi(f): 2:16am On May 15, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

They are assumed innocent until proven guilty. May be they are just ordinary sales men.

Abia! grin
I hope you don't know that Ike Nwabuoke man
You better produce him before the long arms of the law catch you
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by sosisi(f): 2:19am On May 15, 2009
Aloy.Emeka:

. May be they are just ordinary sales men.

Isn't that what one Abiriba man whose son was caught drug pushing in the 80's said.
He told people his son was not a thief, he didn't kill anyone
na market e carry go London,they catch am,jail am
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by AloyEmeka9: 2:36am On May 15, 2009
Isn't that what one Abiriba man whose son was caught drug pushing in the 80's said.
He told people his son was not a thief, he didn't kill anyone
na market e carry go London,they catch am,jail am
Lol, no be market?
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by Ndipe(m): 3:09am On May 15, 2009
Pathetic.
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by blackspade(m): 5:55am On May 15, 2009
I don't know what to say. . . . .damn. undecided
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by ikeyman00(m): 9:00am On May 15, 2009
most of them  y^^^^^^ lipsrsealed

sorri just jokin

these pppl are in hot water o
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by blacksta(m): 9:09am On May 15, 2009
bastards

Please U.S serve them declious justice.
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by Nobody: 12:55pm On May 15, 2009
see life.
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by agabaI23(m): 12:59pm On May 15, 2009
na wa for this guys oo.

It is good to have an organised system jare
2 years!
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by blackspade(m): 4:12pm On May 15, 2009
$osisi:

22 Jide Salako, 35, of 518 West 41st Street in Los Angeles, California Cell Leader
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

I think I may have seen this guy before, I live really close to this address!

Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by jaybee3(m): 4:15pm On May 15, 2009
My oh My.
Am i shocked? Most def No.
Let them rot in jail
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by AloyEmeka9: 4:50pm On May 15, 2009
Check your soc security number and credit recordss. They may have gotten you before you know it.
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by sosisi(f): 4:58pm On May 15, 2009
blackspade:

Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by spoilt(f): 6:17pm On May 17, 2009
Please! they are consultants! grin
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by Lamidiobi1: 10:20am On May 26, 2009
yoruba has finish 9ja. what can we do about yoruba and thiefry
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by Orilee9ice(m): 11:36am On Jun 26, 2009
angry angry angry angry angry see their life in public now, that Taiwo Adekanbi and his MANSION IN LAGOS, NOW WE KNOW HOW HE BUILT IT, the other Taye, did u see his b4 and after photo, the one he took probably b4 he got to Yankee, and the one he took after he helped himself to other peoples money, all pumpped up, Lets see if he will kepp that pumpped up face in JAIL, and that Woman in Green at Party, see her Gele, like sky srapper, now we know how she bought it, like they say Everyday is 4 di thief, but one day is for the owner, Little did they know that they weere being watched and photgraphed at their various Parties, spraying KWAM1 and all that, Birds of the same feathers , flock togeda. thats what i say, let them be doing all that in Jail now tongue tongue tongue :Pi am soooo angry. God dey sha! there is no way u will not know one of them, can u imagine, Giving us Yoruba pple a bad name!!
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by Orilee9ice(m): 12:00pm On Jun 26, 2009
Friday, July 11, 2008
TAIWO ADEKANBI NMULTIMILLION HOME NEARS COMPLETION
The Egbe/Ejigbo located Nmultimillion home of New York, America based socialite is fast nearing completion. Sources disclosed that the edifice, which has started causing stir in the neighbourhood is scheduled for completion in few months time. It was also gathered that the reason for the speedy rate of work on the edifice is not unconnected with the insinuations that Taiwo is planning to relocate to Nigeria after spending 15years in New York, America. Birds hinted that Taiwo feels its high time he began his business here in Nigeria in other to help contribute his own quota into the Nigeria economy.

Now we know, God Help us o
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by tpiah: 4:16pm On Jun 26, 2009
Orilee9ice:

and that Woman in Green at Party, see her Gele, like sky srapper, now we know how she bought it, like they say Everyday is 4 di thief, but one day is for the owner, Little did they know that they weere being watched and photgraphed at their various Parties, spraying KWAM1 and all that,

see now.

if them talk say make people reduce the spraying at parties, na so so fight them go dey fight.

If I remember correctly, there was a huge war of words on nairaland when someone made a law banning spraying money.

Orilee9ice:

Friday, July 11, 2008
TAIWO ADEKANBI NMULTIMILLION HOME NEARS COMPLETION
The Egbe/Ejigbo located Nmultimillion home of New York, America based socialite is fast nearing completion. Sources disclosed that the edifice, which has started causing stir in the neighbourhood is scheduled for completion in few months time. It was also gathered that the reason for the speedy rate of work on the edifice is not unconnected with the insinuations that Taiwo is planning to relocate to Nigeria after spending 15years in New York, America. Birds hinted that Taiwo feels its high time he began his business here in Nigeria in other to help contribute his own quota into the Nigeria economy.

Now we know, God Help us o

was this posted on nairaland?

anyway, I think its common knowledge that a lot of people who "get rich quick" do so through dubious means. But in a culture that worships money regardless of the source there's little that can be done besides siddon look.
Re: Largest Nigerian Id Theft Enterprise Busted In New York by Orilee9ice(m): 4:26pm On Jun 26, 2009
TIPAH MY BRODA.
i disagree make we siddon dey llok, thse are pple who make us who do a decent living both here and in the US look like fools, and letting our mates in 9ja compare us with them, but if you work for your money .u will not be spending it yafun yafun like no 2moro sha!!

see how the oyibo pple dey look them since 2007, dey make a fool of themselves, come bust them in 2009,, i just hope that that " Shola" is caught soon he must be in 9ja somehwer or prob in jand, hiding, if anyone knows where he is, fish am out o b4 one time sad angry he "kobalises" u, u see now, make the money but cannot spend it in peace, but how can he, the same goes for the others on the run as well, so they know what they did is not good and are now running away, they can run but cannot hide, one day they will be caught, and we shall read it again,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ibrahim 'asalailul' Small Japron Is Not Dead - Cyberng / Lifeless Body Of A Beautiful Lady Dumped By The Roadside In Lagos (pic) / Anambra Police Recover Arms, Vehicle From Suspected Kidnappers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.