Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? (2097 Views)

Nairalanders Please What Do You Make Of This Hairdo? / Ini Edo's New Hairdo - Hot Or Not? / Rapper Eva Alordiah New Hairdo - Cute Or Not? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by Ladytemi(f): 2:08am On May 15, 2009
Ok so I was watching Tyra yesterday, they were discussing whether or not black women should wear their hair natural(Afros, Dreads and Braids). I'm interested in what people think. If you wear your hair natural or processed please feel free to comment.
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by Nobody: 3:51am On May 15, 2009
I think that would be almost impossible.

Some women's hair are so used to perming/relaxing/ moisturizing chemicals that a few month without it, their hair would look worst that Lil Wayne's hair. undecided
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by mohawkchic(f): 4:31am On May 15, 2009
~Am all Natural Now!  grin I keep drifting inbetween having my hair natural for a couple of years or more then perm it,then go back to Natural! . . . . however I can only wear my Hair natural or be Natural if am Bald ~ have my hair Short & Curly ~Short Dreadlocks . . .if  i let my hair  grow any more than the length of the styles  mentioned,i tend to reach for the Kiddie perm  but will defo Shave/Cut/have Extensions put in within a couple of months of me doing so!!

I Want My Hair Turned Back To Natural. Urgent Advice On Procedure.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-246455.0.html#bot

Natural Hair Pics

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-45142.32.html#top

I Am Not My Hair

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-18631.0.html

How To Acheive A Black Afro Hairstyle

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-202334.0.html
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by ifyalways(f): 5:35am On May 15, 2009
Been on dreads for some years now,thinking of wearing a new look soon though seriously considering afro undecided
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by iice(f): 5:04pm On May 15, 2009
Been natural all my life. . .just recently had it straightened out - not a perm though. Love it. . . will still go natural anytime, but for the time being - i don't have to stress combing cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by Seun(m): 5:16pm On May 15, 2009
What's "natural" about Afros, Dreads and Braids?  Does you hair grow braids "naturally"?
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by Riskie(f): 6:43pm On May 15, 2009
Seun:

What's "natural" about Afros, Dreads and Braids? Does you hair grow braids "naturally"?

Natural as in relaxer/chemical-free ie., nappy.
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by dominique(f): 7:07pm On May 15, 2009
i would have loved to keep it natural but the stubborn nature of the hair drove me to relax it at once. there are times i wish i had left it like that .
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by savanaha: 7:15pm On May 15, 2009
My hair is natural and I can do it more styles than when it was permed. I had my hair in an afro yesterday when I went out with my friends and it was off the hook. Well my hair is too long to have it in full afro but it was so cool.
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by dominique(f): 8:18pm On May 15, 2009
i was beginning to have a nice fro too but when it started breaking combs, i knew i had to take drastic measures. every retouching session is torture . . . at times i just feel like shaving the whole thins sef cry undecided
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by mohawkchic(f): 10:34pm On May 15, 2009
dominique:

i was beginning to have a nice fro too but when it started breaking combs, i knew i had to take drastic measures. every retouching session is torture . . . at times i just feel like shaving the whole thins sef cry undecided

~ cheesy Breaking Combs!!? shocked You got me LOL here!

~Why dont you Shave it off? grin Scared? tongue Got to say tho. . . One thing about cutting or shaving hair,once you start,You get hooked on the Scissors & Clippers! Well i am! The big plus is it's Oh So Low Maintenance & Easy peaszy having little or no hair!
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by Nobody: 11:10pm On May 15, 2009
Lady temi:

Ok so I was watching Tyra yesterday, they were discussing whether or not black women should wear their hair natural(Afros, Dreads and Braids). I'm interested in what people think. If you wear your hair natural or processed please feel free to comment.

I'm really not into this collective ideology on how a black woman should wear her hair. If you want to wear your hair natural, go ahead, if you don't, no problem. Do what suits you.

P.S Dreads has got to be the most boring hairstyles ever to grace this world. Bite me!!!

1 Like

Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by Nobody: 1:09am On May 16, 2009
True about dreads @ Stillwater.

You can't braid it, can't comb it, can't put weave or attachment on it.

Same hairstyle undecided And Jamaicans are so crazy about it, for God knows what reason

@post

Can I go natural?

Well, my hair can go unpermed for 5 months without attachment or braids, just gotz to wrap it every night. But after that, all hell break lose lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by mohawkchic(f): 1:30am On May 16, 2009
FL Gators:

True about dreads @ Stillwater.

You can't braid it, can't comb it, can't put weave or attachment on it.

Same hairstyle undecided And Jamaicans are so crazy about it, for God knows what reason

@post

Can I go natural?

Well, my hair can go unpermed for 5 months without attachment or braids, just gotz to wrap it every night. But after that, all hell break lose lipsrsealed lipsrsealed grin grin

~For Bob Marley Reasons prolly . .Jah Rastafari grin

~Long Dreads are versatile tho,they can be wrapped/styled differently,the short ones however. . .no options on style. . . . sad thats the reason why i shaved mine off . . .i cudnt Braid,fix Extensions . . it was kwel having it the first term while i was preggy b/c i cudnt be bothered but half way thro term time,i just got my hubby's clippers & shaved it off! I do wonder tho how long it would have grown had i not shaved it off . .i'll never know i suppose undecided
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by Nobody: 1:51am On May 16, 2009
lol, WHY DID YOU SHAVE IT OFF? cheesy cheesy
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by mohawkchic(f): 1:54am On May 16, 2009
~One of those spur of the moment kind of thingy,am dam sure tho my hormones had a lot to do w/ it! grin . . . I dont regret it tho,i figured i wud have cut it off eventually!
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by dominique(f): 9:48am On May 16, 2009
mohawkchic:

~ cheesy Breaking Combs!!? shocked You got me LOL here!

~Why dont you Shave it off? grin Scared? tongue Got to say tho. . . One thing about cutting or shaving hair,once you start,You get hooked on the Scissors & Clippers! Well i am! The big plus is it's Oh So Low Maintenance & Easy peaszy having little or no hair!

come to think of it. . . i was on lowcut for over six years and it felt soooo good pouring water freely down the hair and not thinking about what product to use or not use. the thought of shaving it off comes to mind almost everytime i retouch. it hurts my scalp alot cry
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by Nobody: 2:18pm On May 16, 2009
I've been retouchin, braiding, fixin for awhile and it was not helping my natural hair so i went back to a low cut, starting over. I like it and it's gr8 for the weather.
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by Pepeye(f): 10:04pm On May 16, 2009
stillwater:

Dreads has got to be the most boring hairstyles ever to grace this world. Bite me!!!

I feel you

Dreads actually Yucks
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by mohawkchic(f): 10:14pm On May 16, 2009
dominique:

come to think of it. . . i was on lowcut for over six years and it felt soooo good pouring water freely down the hair and not thinking about what product to use or not use. the thought of shaving it off comes to mind almost everytime i retouch. it hurts my scalp alot cry

~Oh Okies! Try using kiddie perm/texturizer,it doesnt hurt your scalp! Works for me!

~Washing my head/hair everyday is the best part of having little or no hair! Love it!

Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by ifyalways(f): 11:07am On May 17, 2009
Pepeye:

I feel you

Dreads actually Yucks
angry
Not if it is long.It can be styled,tied,left loose and even used for weave-ons.I loff my long dreads. tongue
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by Pepeye(f): 2:36pm On May 17, 2009
ifyalways:

angry
Not if it is long.It can be styled,tied,left loose and even used for weave-ons.I loff my long dreads. tongue

Why not let us have a peep tongue grin
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by Nobody: 5:29pm On May 17, 2009
ifyalways:

angry

Weave ons? That I got to see. tongue
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by ifyalways(f): 4:15pm On May 20, 2009
@still and Pepeye,Perfect example. . . .Dakore Egbuson tongue
Re: Women: Would You Consider A Natural Hairdo? by Pepeye(f): 9:18pm On May 20, 2009
Her’s isn’t that perfect

Too monotonous even if it’s hot

(1) (Reply)

Cheeky, Sexy Glamorous Ankara Styles For Beautiful Ladies / Why You Need To Always Use Facial Toner / Trendy Outfits For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.