Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Welcome To Uturu - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Welcome To Uturu (6761 Views)

Welcome To Ibadan City (pictures) / Welcome To Akure City (pictures) / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Welcome To Uturu by 8oracle(m): 12:50pm On May 15, 2009
I have to write about this little urban town called Uturu in Isikwuato Local government of Abia State, located along Okigwe - Afikpo Road an autobahn built by Julius Berger.

Uturu is a citadel of learning, The Abia State University, Abia State University International Secondary School, Marist Brothers Secondary School a co-ed,Marist Brothers Juniorate College and other private schools that offers quality education.

Uturu is noted for been a home of Charity, thru the Catholic social service, a facility was built after the Nigeria Civil war to rehabilitate war casualties, widows, the displaced, orphans etc, Called Hopeville Rhabilitation Centre

Uturu town is a getway to Setraco crushed rock and Ishiagu Crushed rock facilities.

Uturu is IT powered thru internet centres, And you wont lost touch with your loved ones and business associates because the three major gsm networks services are accessed, MTN, Glo, Zain

Mostly Uturu is a holiday paradise, with its lush green rolling hills and caves, and its 3star hotels, in fact Uturu have the best hotels in Abia North Senatorial Zone, Non can beat Uturu Royal Country Club tucked away in a sleepy town Called Achara, time stood still.
Uturu Caves Hotels that lies along Owerri Village road off Afikpo Road, a village that has the purest spring water on earth.

There is a lake called Uta, and pristine stream called Igwii which abounds with goldfish, sardine etc with its mangrove forest, just go a fishing, These sites can be access through a farm settlement established in the 1960's its road flanks off ABSU to Isikwuato Road just about 15klm away

Dont go to Switzerland or Tahiti, Head to Uturu during your next holiday, nothing can compare, i went, i saw, i experienced its people hospitality, i declared it here

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Uturu by uzwu: 1:17pm On May 15, 2009
Thanks Poster! Atleast there is someone out there that appreciates nature. Uturu issure a place to visit.

Poster are you from Uturu and where precisely?

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Uturu by ifyalways(f): 9:20pm On May 15, 2009
Uturu the land of uncircumcised namas  cheesy shebi Orji Uzor chased those abokis with their cows dia? 
Nice place anyway.  kiss
Re: Welcome To Uturu by DisGuy: 10:02pm On May 15, 2009
Dont go to Switzerland or Tahiti, Head to Uturu during your next holiday, nothing can compare, i went, i saw, i experienced its people hospitality, i declared it here
Thanks
If only you can share what you saw with us

pictures pictures pictures??

2 Likes

Re: Welcome To Uturu by 8oracle(m): 3:37pm On May 16, 2009
@ifyalways. sorry politicians like Orji Uzor nd his likes only visit Uturu during campaign and that haven't dampen the spirit of its pple. the incident you mentioned took place at Okigwe soil. Thanks for calling it a nice place,it remains a city where strangers comes first

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Uturu by 8oracle(m): 3:50pm On May 16, 2009
@yakusk, there re other features that you can enjoy at Uturu, its lake called Uta and Igwii stream unpoluted abound with sardine and goldfish, and its mangrove forest,lush green savanna, about 15klm from ABSU seeing is believeing

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Uturu by bigblack1: 4:46am On Jun 10, 2010
this thread on uturu makes me really happy. It is really a lovely place to go, take it from me as my dad owns uturu royal country club. it used to be a dead spot but a lot is really happening there so if ur around check it out.

3 Likes

Re: Welcome To Uturu by Creamish(f): 10:06am On Jun 11, 2010
hmm undecided . . lotta things must'av changed . . . undecided
Re: Welcome To Uturu by nonslike: 2:11pm On Sep 23, 2011
Yes, Alot of things have changed and they are still changing!

The best part is the peace you experience with life. It is indeed a place to visit and be!

Up Uturu!

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Uturu by DisGuy: 1:10pm On Sep 25, 2011
No pictures?

Where are the must see place to visit when in Uturu?
Re: Welcome To Uturu by TIBLOSMITH(m): 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2015
How would one get to Uturu from Aba south?
Re: Welcome To Uturu by nonslike: 8:25am On Jun 08, 2015
TIBLOSMITH:
How would one get to Uturu from Aba south?

Its really easy .. find your way to a park . Get on a bus heading towards Enugu and alight at Okigwe. You may want to take a Direct bus from Aba to ABSU .
Its very easy to get to .

1 Like

Re: Welcome To Uturu by jom28gy(m): 4:32am On Dec 25, 2021
There is one notable deity in hopeville called ezemmiri,back then,I don't know whether they still exist?

(1) (Reply)

Route Map Of New Nigeria Coastal Rail (Lagos - Calabar) / Find A Travel Partner / Find A Travel Buddy / $20,000 Disappears From Passenger's Luggage At MMA2 Screening Point

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.