Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,568 members, 7,801,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:31 PM

Letters From The Mods To The Members - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Letters From The Mods To The Members (5714 Views)

Niaraland Mods, Please Block The Somali Users That Post Hateful Things Here 24/7 / MODS In The Culture Section Destroyed The Most Important Section On NL / The Edo Alphabet: A Look At The Benin Letters And Sounds By Richmond (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Letters From The Mods To The Members by Nobody: 2:48pm On May 15, 2009
cheesy cheesy

Dear members,

I am really glad that we have been able to cooperate in perfect harmony although sometimes we have had some misunderstandings. I want you to know I personally appreciate the fact that you are making efforts to follow my guidelines, thus making this section a more pleasant place to be and my work much easier.

In particular I'd like to thank Ify who has been doing very well in the Translation Thread.

As usual I am open to any suggestions and complaints from any of you and if necessary to give explanations to certain measurements that were taken against particular threads. The link below will direct you to the Complaint Thread, where you can express your feelings in liberty.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-231979.0.html

I thank you all for your support and I hope that in future we'll keep on with this mutual help we are rendering each other.

Good day!
Re: Letters From The Mods To The Members by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 08, 2009
Dear members,

I am stressed. I'd like you to understand that outside nairaland I have a life. I have to go to school, meet up with friends and even face family dramas. So it gets really hard if in addition to these, I have to deal with people who can't understand that it takes a lot to look after a section.

I am forced to make decisions that you members may not like but that must be made for the benefit of the entire section. I can't satisfy each of you individually, but I can try at least to make sure the majority of you have a clean and peaceful place to read and contribute to topics.

So dear members, I am not pleading, but counting on your sense of judgement to be fair when passing comments and insults at the moderator because she locked down a thread or because she didn't lock down another one.

I wish you could be a mod for a day. You'd see it's not really roses and butterflies. It takes a lot of guts and passion. I have both and I am making use of them. My work has been commended and my ideas have been appreciated. If I was such a waste as a mod I don't think I'd be here because I am not a saint. I can compete with Jenny on my number of bans. The administrator despite this has recognized my value and the whole lot I can give to this forum even if it's just through a section.

So I hope that you all can see the effort I am putting into this duty.

Wishing you a good day in Culture.

With affection,

Michelin89
Re: Letters From The Mods To The Members by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 06, 2010
Dear Members,

a new year has arrived, so we must make sure we get the best of it. As usual I am going to keep this section clean, because you are entitled to a clean and stimulating environment to comment and contribute.

In addition I am planning to create more ways of easing your search of topics: those you are active in and those you are looking for. This is to avoid the section from being filled with duplicated threads. Nothing comes out from an untidy board because all contributions would be scattered here and there and I have made it a priority to gather all interests of the same nature under one thread. An example is the Official Translation Thread, which since its creating, has served the purpose it was created for wonderfully.

Then of course I am going to keep updating the Culture Library. More and more interesting topics have been created so far and they must be added to the Hall of Fame of this board. smiley

I wish you all a wonderful beginning of this year and as usual hope in your sincere collaboration to make sure this section shines all through this year.

Sincere regards,
Michelin89.
Re: Letters From The Mods To The Members by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 04, 2011
Dear members,

I'm sorry if I hadn't been active in this section any longer. Unfortunately my schedule has become tighter and browsing is no longer frequen during my days as before. Right now the administration is making efforts to get a help for me. Please don't be upset if I haven't replied your complaint or cleaned the section of spams!

Thank you for you support. You have helped to keep the section lively and interesting and I am highly grateful. Soon a new moderator will be joining me and I promise you you'll all love h** (I'm not revealing their sex grin)

Stay cool, y'all. Cheers!
Re: Letters From The Mods To The Members by odumchi: 10:27pm On Nov 12, 2011
Hello Members!

I'd like to formally introduce myself to you guys as your new co-Moderator. I look forward to a wonderful and interesting experience with you guys. Well since I am here to help my lovely co-Moderator Michelin, I want to ensure you guys that this section will be smoother, cleaner and more enjoyable than ever! Like I said, I look forward to to a smooth learning experience and I hope you guys will be able to cooperate fully with us.

If for any reason you need to contact me, my email is Odumchi.Culture@gmail.com.

Thanks again! cool
Re: Letters From The Mods To The Members by odumchi: 3:27am On Dec 25, 2011
Dear Nairalanders,

Merry Christmas everyone! I'd would like to wish a merry, safe, and wonderful Christmas to all Nairalanders. May God guide you all safely in your celebrations and deliver you safely into the upcomming new year! cool

Odumchi

Re: Letters From The Mods To The Members by odumchi: 7:11am On Jun 19, 2012
Dear Nairalanders,

I'd like to inform you guys that I will be traveling in a few days time and will be gone for a few weeks. In my absence, my co-mod Michelin will continue to make sure that things are the way they're supposed to be and that everything goes smoothly.

cool

stay classy,
Odumchi
Re: Letters From The Mods To The Members by odumchi: 7:32pm On Jul 18, 2012
Dear Nairalanders,

I've officialy returned from my absence and will be resuming full-time duty. Thanks for you guys' cooperation.

Odumchi
Re: Letters From The Mods To The Members by odumchi: 10:13pm On Oct 10, 2012
Dear members,

I will be offline for approximately two days due to some unexpected urgencies. I will respond to all emails and notices upon my return.

Thanks.
Re: Letters From The Mods To The Members by odumchi: 6:31am On Dec 23, 2012
Most-cultured Nairalanders,

I can hardly believe that it's already been a whole year since I began moderating. I must admit that it's been a most-exhilarating and interesting year. I've learned many things from our discussions this year and together we've worked to make the Culture Section better than it was last year, and God-willing, next year will be even better.

Andso, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish everyone a wonderful and safe Christmas and [to those who don't celebrate Christmas] a happy holiday season along with a successful new year.

Odumchi cool

(1)

Origin Of Ubulu-uku Kingdom / Why African Men Are So Weak? / Question To The Fulani Folks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.