Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,713 members, 7,805,943 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? (7919 Views)

Canadian Immigration Scam Alert.(swiftravelsolution.com) / Canadian Immigration News / New Canadian Immigration Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? by Ejadamen(f): 3:46pm On May 15, 2009
Hi,I am would like Nigerians who are processing Canadian immigration visa (Federal skilled worker, temporary work visa, etc) to please share their experiences and views. I am paticularly interested in experiences regarding interviews, medicals and the Accra visa office.

I am about to apply for Federal skilled worker. Also nigerians living in Canada, how that place be?
Re: Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? by DisGuy: 9:59pm On May 15, 2009
You might be able to get advice on the other thread-General Canadian Visa enquiry
Re: Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? by DisGuy: 10:28am On May 16, 2009
unlocked
Re: Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? by debosky(m): 11:39am On May 16, 2009
There are threads covering this info already - see https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-272024.0.html for some more reference.

The process is lengthy, but worth it if you're interested.

You will forward your initial application to the Accra office, with the basic forms filled out, but without all of the supplementary documents. Once your application is received, you will go on a waiting list for a period of 2-3 years, before the actual processing of your application will commence. At this point your supporting documents will be requested and then assessed. If you require an interview (not necessary for many applicants) you will need to attend one to clear up any issues with your documents and then if that is successful you will be sent forms to carry out the medical examination. This will be done at hospitals mostly in Lagos, with one at Yaba being a preferred one among a number of people I know. Once you have done that, the medical results will be forwarded to the processing centre and if all is well, you will receive a notification to send your passport for the Immigrant Visa to be inserted, which will enable you go to Canada to land.

The Accra visa office is like any other as far as I know - just send in your application and the processing will begin

The medicals are extensive - blood and urine tests, x-ray and a basic physical exam checking weight, height and inquiring about your medical history. You will not receive the results of the medical examination - they are sent directly to the processing centre. So in that regard, if you 'fail' (God forbid) you might not even be told why you fail. In my own experience, I remember doing my medicals (in Canada) but I had some question mark on my urine sample. The doctor called me back because they found a trace of protein so I had to give a second sample which was clear.

Regarding life in Canada, see the other threads for comments, particularly the thread linked by Dis Guy.

Life in Canada is generally ok. It is often cheaper than life in the US and is an interesting place to live in. Most immigrants end up in the major cities - Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. In recent years, more immigrants are ending up in Calgary/Edmonton in Alberta because of the oil boom there. Often times, it might be easier to get a job in some other smaller population provinces - Saskatchewan especially, which has many jobs at the moment. It all depends on what you want.

Right, I think I've written enough information - let me know what you need.
Re: Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? by Delta007(m): 12:48pm On May 16, 2009
debosky:

There are threads covering this info already - see https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-272024.0.html for some more reference.

The process is lengthy, but worth it if you're interested.

You will forward your initial application to the Accra office, with the basic forms filled out, but without all of the supplementary documents. Once your application is received, you will go on a waiting list for a period of 2-3 years, before the actual processing of your application will commence. At this point your supporting documents will be requested and then assessed. If you require an interview (not necessary for many applicants) you will need to attend one to clear up any issues with your documents and then if that is successful you will be sent forms to carry out the medical examination. This will be done at hospitals mostly in Lagos, with one at Yaba being a preferred one among a number of people I know. Once you have done that, the medical results will be forwarded to the processing centre and if all is well, you will receive a notification to send your passport for the Immigrant Visa to be inserted, which will enable you go to Canada to land.

The Accra visa office is like any other as far as I know - just send in your application and the processing will begin

The medicals are extensive - blood and urine tests, x-ray and a basic physical exam checking weight, height and inquiring about your medical history. You will not receive the results of the medical examination - they are sent directly to the processing centre. So in that regard, if you 'fail' (God forbid) you might not even be told why you fail. In my own experience, I remember doing my medicals (in Canada) but I had some question mark on my urine sample. The doctor called me back because they found a trace of protein so I had to give a second sample which was clear.

Regarding life in Canada, see the other threads for comments, particularly the thread linked by Dis Guy.

Life in Canada is generally ok. It is often cheaper than life in the US and is an interesting place to live in. Most immigrants end up in the major cities - Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver. In recent years, more immigrants are ending up in Calgary/Edmonton in Alberta because of the oil boom there. Often times, it might be easier to get a job in some other smaller population provinces - Saskatchewan especially, which has many jobs at the moment. It all depends on what you want.

Right, I think I've written enough information - let me know what you need.
Debosky, the process has been overhauled and instead of the applicant submitting applications to Accra for the SW program, they are now required to send it to Sydney, NS for pre-screening. If they fall into the "required professions" category, then, the process is somewhat fast tracked.

BTW, I replied your mail with digits.
Re: Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? by Ejadamen(f): 2:27pm On May 16, 2009
@ debosky thanks for the thread you recommended, i find it more useful. You did your medicals in Canada. I am curious to get info from a Nigerian that has done medicals in Nigeria. I would like to know how much it costs approximately.

@ Delta007, you are right the process has changed. I am applying under the fast track.

Wish I had chosen Sasketchewan sad but i chose Edmonton grin not cos of the oil boom but cos of the name. grin
Re: Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? by debosky(m): 6:15pm On May 17, 2009
@ Delta thanks for the correction bro - I'll give you a buzz soon wink
Re: Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? by mmo1: 12:54pm On May 18, 2009
people in house pls i'm interested in processing Canadian immigration visa (Federal skilled worker, temporary work visa, etc) tell me how to go about it, i mean how,where to start from. i 'm particularly interested in it you can send an e-mail to henribolajson@yahoo.com
Re: Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? by mmo1: 12:57pm On May 18, 2009
people in house pls i'm interested in processing Canadian immigration visa (Federal skilled worker, temporary work visa, etc) tell me how to go about it, i mean how,where to start from. i 'm particularly interested in it you can send an e-mail to henribolajson@yahoo.com
ejadama
deta007
debosity help
Re: Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? by Ejadamen(f): 1:28pm On May 18, 2009
@ mmo1, check out this website www.cic.gc.ca. It's very good. Take your time to read it, it's self explanatory but if you have any questions then holla at me. I am just beginning the process myself but wanted info from people who've gone through the process.
mmo1:

Choose which visa you are interested in. Federal skilled worker and temporary work visa are 2 very different things with different requirements but read through the website. Good luck.
Re: Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? by Coolbabe09: 1:40pm On Sep 27, 2010
I applied under the skilled worker category in June 2010. I'm still waiting the 120 days grace given to gather all my documents. All applications are now sent to the centralised intake office in Nova scotia ,sydney canada. I have taken the IELTS test and all i'm waiting now is for my file number.
They have authorised hospitals in lagos which is used for the medical exams. Check out the official canadian immigration website www.cic.gc.ca all the information you need is there.
Re: Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? by Ca08abe(f): 11:30am On Sep 12, 2013
Please is the IELST test compulsory even when one has a bachelors degree plus a masters degree from a UK university?

I mean considering the fact that one schooled in an English speaking country.
Re: Anyone Processing Canadian Immigration Visa Here? by justwise(m): 11:48am On Sep 12, 2013

(1)

How Good And Motorable Are Roads In Your Locality? / Description From Oshodi To KATANGUA MARKET In Abule Egba / Can I Get Europe VISA With 200K

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.