Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,520 members, 7,801,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP (25222 Views)

I Can’t Chair Your Conference, IBB Tells PDP / Excuse Me From Your Conference, IBB Tells PDP. / Stop Whining, Rebrand Or Go Down - Apc Tells Pdp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by kahal29: 5:23am On Nov 11, 2015
FORMER military president, General Ibrahim Babangida, yesterday dismissed insinuations that the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, was wooing him for 2019 presidential election as its candidate, saying that he has no such intention as he would clock 78 by 2019.

Reacting to his appointment as Chairman of the proposed PDP National Conference slated for tomorrow, Babangida urged the PDP to count him out of the conference saying that he had quit partisan politics four years ago when he marked 70 years. He said he had friends in the PDP and the All Progressives Congress, APC and playing the expected role would amount to partisanship.

Meanwhile, PDP Acting National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, yesterday admitted that the party made mistakes in the past and begged Nigerians for forgiveness.

Secondus, who spoke yesterday when he met with leaders, stakeholders, elders of PDP, led by former Senate President Ken Nnamani, said that politics was about the people and election.

According to him, Nigerians should forgive the party for the many mistakes it made while in power, assuring that PDP was repositioning and restructuring for the youths to take over and deliver on the vision and mission of the founding fathers.

At the meeting yesterday, were former PDP governors, former ministers, special advisers and governorship candidates, among others.

General Babangida, in a statement he personally signed and tagged PDP Rebranding Conference: Count me out, said: “I wish to make some clarifications concerning the invitation extended to me on the scheduled PDP rebranding conference slated for November 12, 2015, aimed at repositioning the party after its poor outing at the last elections.

“While I welcome the invitation to the event as a mark of respect as one of the founding fathers, I want to be excused on the grounds that I have long bid bye to partisan politics.

Four years ago, at an elaborate event at the Transcorp Hilton Hotels Abuja, I announced my retirement from partisan politics after my failed attempt to contest for president and having attained the gracious age of 70, in a society where life expectancy stands at a ridiculous 47 years.

“In appreciating what Allah has done for me in life, seeing me through many challenges, stabilizing me during periods of tribulations, and safeguarding me through the thick and thin of political risks, I did state at that event that journalists would not push me around again.

“Attaining the age of 70 in 2011 was to me a great accomplishment for which I remain eternally grateful to Almighty Allah and my family who have shown tremendous support and encouragement throughout my political trajectory. Since 2011 till date, I have been playing my role as an elder statesman and “consultant-in-chief” to political office seekers and other like-minds who want my input in their aspirations.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/11/excuse-me-from-your-conference-ibb-tells-pdp/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by Tunami(m): 5:29am On Nov 11, 2015
he's tired of looting the nation's treasury.

42 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by egift(m): 5:31am On Nov 11, 2015
Soon some WailingClowns who did not know anything about how PDP was formed, ran or destroyed, will soon be here to bash IBB for staying away from PDP wreckage.

35 Likes

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by ORACLE1975(m): 5:32am On Nov 11, 2015
So u don't want to sink with PDP?

6 Likes

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by madridguy(m): 5:33am On Nov 11, 2015
PDP, Party of confused rogues. I trust IBB,the maradona himself, the day OBJ tore his membership card I knew truly the end is really near for the devils party. CHANGE is here to stay take it or you have it by force.

68 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by Nobody: 5:39am On Nov 11, 2015
Excuse you sir,after you ruined Nigeria and made us your slaves...

Yet to see any company listed you as even a board member ( shows the level of decay in corporate governance in Nigeria)

Wash wash...

You are excused oh!!!! After ruining the Pdp..

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by menix(m): 5:45am On Nov 11, 2015
Babaginda Ke, that old cargo

PDP need sense oo, of what use will maradona be to current Argentina squad.

Time we quit teaching kids they re the leaders of tomorrow.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by Nobody: 5:47am On Nov 11, 2015
Tunami:
he's tired of looting the nation's treasury.
that man has structures that'll ensure he keeps looting even in death. He cant stop, APC is the new point simple,

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by Opinedecandid(m): 5:48am On Nov 11, 2015
Ahhhhh.

See who de talk.

The evil genius himself.

1 Like

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by OKUCHI11(m): 5:52am On Nov 11, 2015
well .....the truth abt life is.......after you have been EF YOU SEE KAY EEEE DDDD f*cked no one helps you dress up
Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by RichDad1(m): 5:52am On Nov 11, 2015
PDP is like a drowning man, grabbing everything available to stay afloat.
How the mighty are fallen.

24 Likes

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by Artless360(m): 5:54am On Nov 11, 2015
tongue
Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by Yeske2(m): 5:58am On Nov 11, 2015
PDP had lost it forever.

3 Likes

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by handie(m): 6:00am On Nov 11, 2015
Kai! I pity PDP sha. Everybody doesn't wanna associate with them anymore. Well, PDP if una no see people invite for una conference, come Nairaland and invite Tonyebarcanista, Chukwudi44, firefire, temitemi and all the Biafra agitators

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by M4gunners: 6:10am On Nov 11, 2015
The last time i check, this Man was among the people that kept Nigeria in this situation they are today.
PDP make una no fall my hand oo.

2 Likes

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by LordMecuzy(m): 6:11am On Nov 11, 2015
LOL LOL LOL LOL

1 Like

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by neolboy(m): 6:15am On Nov 11, 2015
You have always been excused so no loud am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by BabaO2: 6:15am On Nov 11, 2015
Pdp don't know their members again. It is in their character to always claim what doesn't belong to them

2 Likes

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by hardywaltz(m): 6:16am On Nov 11, 2015
Politicians
So after telling Nigerians not to vote for Buhari that he is old PDP now wants to field IBB in 2019 when he will be 78 assuming he is still alive.

When I tell these children on Nairaland that politicians think only their stomach.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by Aufbauh(m): 6:22am On Nov 11, 2015
General Babangida, in a statement he personally signed and tagged PDP Rebranding Conference: Count me out, said: “I wish to make some clarifications concerning the invitation extended to me on the scheduled PDP rebranding conference slated for November 12, 2015, aimed at repositioning the party after its poor outing at the last elections.

“While I welcome the invitation to the event as a mark of respect as one of the founding fathers, I want to be excused on the grounds that I have long bid bye to partisan politics.

Be well guided!

Cc. Raymond Dokpesi, Uche Secundus, Olise Metuh, TonyeBarcanista, and other fallen angels.

15 Likes

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by bewla(m): 6:24am On Nov 11, 2015
We get new pdp only change some ( p) to deceive U .in apc
Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by greatiyk4u(m): 6:33am On Nov 11, 2015
Better for you cos u be bad market
Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by omenka(m): 6:37am On Nov 11, 2015
I pray this rogue party continue their descent into nothingness. Nigeria would be better for it.

APGA would make a better opposition.

18 Likes

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:45am On Nov 11, 2015
PDP is dead; it's a fact that saTANists must accept.

16 Likes

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by oluseyiforjesus(m): 6:52am On Nov 11, 2015
Lobatan

1 Like

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:43am On Nov 11, 2015
His exit is a good riddance. We shall bounce back

1 Like

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by sammyj: 7:56am On Nov 11, 2015
PDP is dead and buried. Even IBB rejected their rebranding!!!

7 Likes

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by free2ryhme: 8:04am On Nov 11, 2015
Shame on Metuh and Secondus.

The only person that could help you rebrand the PDP and change its status from a regional party to a National one for you is IBB aka Maradona right??

Useless party filled with useless people..

5 Likes

Re: Excuse Me From Your Conference - IBB Tells PDP by free2ryhme: 8:04am On Nov 11, 2015
Wow! It is now clear that PDP had no visionary leaders and good Hands before the general elections . PDP campaigned against PMB because of his age. They also campaigned that the south - south must complete their two terms, yet they zoned the president to the North in 2019. The same party that anchored their campaign on the issue of a Doctorate degree holder, yet begging IBB to fly their flag. Where is the strongest economy they talked about? Nigerians, be careful of these people.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Govorner Okorocha Bans Keke In Owerri; Residents React (Photos) / Buhari To Meet APC Presidential Aspirants, Reveal Preferred Candidate Sunday / President Buhari Participates At APC Presidential Campaign Flag-off In Jos PIX

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.