Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,967 members, 7,799,285 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:29 PM

Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament (24897 Views)

World Cup 2018: Musa’s Goal Nominated For Goal Of The Tournament - details / Iheanacho Becomes Most Expensive Nigerian Player After Man City Accept £24m Bid / Victor Moses Becomes Highestpaid Nigerian Player In Europe With New Chelsea Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by safarigirl(f): 11:40am On Nov 11, 2015
First off, Congratulations to all Nigerians on the recent success of the Golden Eaglets....

Your support was greatly appreciated throughout the tournament, but one last thing is needed from you guys

Please you guys should go vote for Goal of the
Tournament:
http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/videos/goal-of-the-tournament/index.html

We have 2 players in contention, Osimhen and Orji Okonkwo. Abeg no need for us to split votes, Osimhen has already gotten Golden boot and Silver ball, so if you guys can help out Orji Okonkwo and vote
his goal, great!

cc: Mukina2, lalasticlala, Seun....please if you guys can move this to FP so more people can vote, it would be greatly appreciated

Voting ends on Monday, Nov. 16. Thank you

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Chanchit: 11:58am On Nov 11, 2015
Why do we even have to vote when its obvious we would be biased in our voting? Na so Madrid fans see Naymar goal finish say there's nothing spectacular in it, FIFA should just give it to whoever they like jare.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by king94(m): 12:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
I voted for Diego Cortes. His goal is my favourite.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
Casted my vote already... Okonkwo's bullet all the way.

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by safarigirl(f): 3:08pm On Nov 11, 2015
Chanchit:
Why do we even have to vote when its obvious we would be biased in our voting? Na so Madrid fans see Naymar goal finish say there's nothing spectacular in it, FIFA should just give it to whoever they like jare.
Mexico will be biased, Belgium and France too. Vote because you would have voted if the kid was your brother.

Vote to help a fellow Nigerian, and don't insult national football by comparing it to the yeye club jargons you guys do. You are closer to Okonkwo than you can ever be to a Neymar. A win for Okonkwo is a win for Nigeria, anything Neymar wins does nothing for nobody here

87 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheSuperNerd(m): 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
Na wa o! A thread for "Okwonkwo Orji's wonder goal"...........*smiles*

Well, Diego Cortes takes no.1 with me followed by Orji.

BUTTTTTT, I DID SOMETHING B4 COMING ON NAIRALAND AND SEEING "THIS",

I visited Fifa.com, and was excited that the goal of the tournament voting has started. I quickly went through them again (all 12 of them).

Though I really "gbadun" Cortes goal closely followed by Orji........ "I VOTED FOR ORJI"

WHY?? Mehn!!! That goal na wa...... And I also reasoned that other fans in south america and some around the world will vote Cortes, SO I "VOTED" ORJI...... AND I HOPE EVERY NIGERIAN FOLLOWS SUITE.

The worst that can happen is that Orji's goal makes the No.2 position in the official video of "FIFA'S CHILE 2015 TOP 10 GOALS" (in the last edition in UAE, Success' goal vs Sweden off that sweet Nacho assist was ranked no.7..... While Musa's freekick goal vs Mexico was ranked no.5...... The official video is available online..... Youtube na ur friend too). *smiles*

So please, Fellow Nigerians and Africans..... Vote for Orji's goal because even those Mexicans and latinos go vote only cortes..... Even the french will vote their goal wey no even dey that "WOOOOWW" sef.......

ORJI'S GOAL NA "35-YARD SCREAMER"........... ABEG, IF YOU UNDERSTAND THE TECHNIQUE NEEDED AND THE MATHEMATICS APPLIED TO HIT THE BALL IN SUCH A MANNER TO MAKE IT HIT THE ROOF OF THE NET AT "THAT ANGLE" IN THE VIDEO PLAYBACK......... KAIIII!!!!! Una no go waste time at all........ Coz Orji's goal na "real wonder"
. Even if u no understand.... STILL VOTE AM because anybody wey watch that match live go tell u say , "BROS, I NO KNOW HOW THAT BALL TAKE ENTER BUT E ENTER.... I COME SEE REPLAY AND I COME BE LIKE, WOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW...... NA WA O!!"

**smiles** Cheers y'all....... For the game, For the world........

P.S: Ehmm...... Lalasticlala, This is actually "front-page worthy"....... Please do the needful..... It's a global event.......

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Chanchit: 4:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
safarigirl:
Mexico will be biased, Belgium and France too. Vote because you would have voted if the kid was your brother.

Vote to help a fellow Nigerian, and don't insult national football by comparing it to the yeye club jargons you guys do. You are closer to Okonkwo than you can ever be to a Neymar. A win for Okonkwo is a win for Nigeria, anything Neymar wins does nothing for nobody here

Just get what I'm saying, they should give the award out at the own discretion, who did they consult before giving out MVP or best keeper? Why should they now ask us to vote for best goal,by the way I voted already.

4 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheSuperNerd(m): 4:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
The Fifa Technical Study Group are the highest experts consulted for determining the Golden ball awards (plus Silver and Bronze balls)...... I.e. Top 3 MVPs and the Golden Gloves award.

The Golden boot award category need no consultation as it's based on stats everyone understands....... "Who score pass? And who get assists pass?"

Fifa has made it "A fans choice" thing to determine the goal of the tournament.

This was the same way Oshoala emerged BBC world women's football player of the year.

Chanchit:

Just get what I'm saying, they should give the award out at the own discretion, who did they consult before giving out MVP or best keeper? Why should they now ask us to vote for best goal,by the way I voted already.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Icon4s(m): 5:04pm On Nov 11, 2015
king94:
I voted for Diego Cortes. His goal is my favourite.

Cortes ko.Abeg i voted Orji Okonkwo's goal.

That how some Nigerians went and voted Yaya Toure to win African player of d year ahead of Mikel.

U go tell me whether any Mexicano will vote for Okonkwo's or Osimhen's goal.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by oloriooko(m): 5:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
I will vote that mexican who scored the second goal in Nig vs Mex

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by safarigirl(f): 5:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
Icon4s:

That how some Nigerians went and voted Yaya Toure to win African player of d year ahead of Mikel.

no mind am. Maybe Cortes will later drop Mexico and come and play for Nigeria

The reason Nigeria doesn't progress is cuz of people like that fellow. No Latin American will even vote Okonkwo over Cortes, but Nigerians will be acting like FIFA dey dash Fair Play Award to countries

10 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by safarigirl(f): 5:32pm On Nov 11, 2015
oloriooko:
I will vote that mexican who scored the second goal in Nig vs Mex
abeg don't vote. If Okonkwo was your brother, you wouldn't vote the Mexican.

Just hold your vote, I didn't paste the link for people like you.

8 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Icon4s(m): 5:34pm On Nov 11, 2015
safarigirl:
no mind am. Maybe Cortes will later drop Mexico and come and play for Nigeria

The reason Nigeria doesn't progress is cuz of people like that fellow. No Latin American will even vote Okonkwo over Cortes, but Nigerians will be acting like FIFA dey dash Fair Play Award to countries

The thing tire me o. We are always our own enemies. That's how some jealous Ghanaians came and started acusing Nigeria of fielding over 30yrs olds as U17s and some olodo Nigerian were supporting them. angry

3 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by oloriooko(m): 5:53pm On Nov 11, 2015
safarigirl:
abeg don't vote. If Okonkwo was your brother, you wouldn't vote the Mexican.

Just hold your vote, I didn't paste the link for people like you.

you cannot stop me from voting for whoever I choose
stop being sentimental rather have an open mind and open ur brain grin

7 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by king94(m): 5:55pm On Nov 11, 2015
Icon4s:

I don't care if Mexicans vote for Okonkwo or not. They asked us to vote for d best goal and that's what I did. Why should I vote for Okonkwo wen I prefer/enjoyed Cortes' own more. I didn't vote based on nationality but on which I feel is better. If u tink Okonkwo's goal is better dan Cortes', u shouldn't have any worries den.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by TheGoodJoe(m): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
lalasticlala help our Nigerian Youngster.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Chrisx1x(m): 6:56am On Nov 12, 2015
The moderators are asleep

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by jamesD247: 7:04am On Nov 12, 2015
Okay o
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 12, 2015
done it... just voted.

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Wisdytech(m): 7:06am On Nov 12, 2015
safarigirl:
First off, Congratulations to all Nigerians on the recent success of the Golden Eaglets....

Your support was greatly appreciated throughout the tournament, but one last thing is needed from you guys

Please you guys should go vote for Goal of the
Tournament:
http://www.fifa.com/u17worldcup/videos/goal-of-the-tournament/index.html

We have 2 players in contention, Osimhen and Orji Okonkwo. Abeg no need for us to split votes, Osimhen has already gotten Golden boot and Silver ball, so if you guys can help out Orji Okonkwo and vote
his goal, great!

cc: Mukina2, lalasticlala, Seun....please if you guys can move this to FP so more people can vote, it would be greatly appreciated

Voting ends on Monday, Nov. 16. Thank you

sure we will

1 Like

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by efilefun(m): 7:06am On Nov 12, 2015
When it comes to helping a common man who is trying to make it in life you wont hear them say na our brother but when it comes to helping some thieves siphon the economy they start screaming na our brother make una vote am. A white man will always lookout for his fellow countryman before any other person thats why the whites will always take the blacks as slave.

To those spewing gibberish can any of them tell me the reason why Okocha never won Player of the year when this same dude kept Ronaldhino on the bench in PSG or when he single handedly saved bolton from relegation.... Abegiii make una park well and vote the dude

PS: To those who reason with their head and not those who worship everything from the whites, you can vote more than once if you got different browsers. #Shalom

7 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by darasmite222(m): 7:07am On Nov 12, 2015
I love that Osimien. Against Mexico

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by eunisam: 7:07am On Nov 12, 2015
VOTING IN PROGRESS>>>>>>>>>>>

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Nobody: 7:07am On Nov 12, 2015
OP, OKONKWO NA UQ BF OR UR FAMILY MEMBER. ANYWAY. I'VE VOTED FOR HIM. SEEMS ONE CANNOT VOTE MORE THAN ONCE

2 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Pascal181: 7:07am On Nov 12, 2015
koice:
Casted my vote already... Okonkwo's bullet all the way.
Oboi, e be like say casted no dey English dictionary o. Aniway ur message is passed

3 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by modath(f): 7:08am On Nov 12, 2015
Chanchit:

Do you also worship at the altar of NEYMESUR? wink
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by phayvoursky(m): 7:09am On Nov 12, 2015
THIS IS THE UNITY WE ARE TALKING ABOUT.

FOR A MOMENT WE'VE PUT ASIDE OUR ETHNIC AND TRIBAL BACKGROUND TO VOTE FOR A FELLOW NIGERIAN.

CORTES's GOAL IS BETTER BUT MY BROTHER NEEDS MY VOTE TO STAND TALL ; I'LL DEFINITELY GIVE IT TO ORJI.

5 Likes

Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by chichriso: 7:10am On Nov 12, 2015
Good one
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by Chanchit: 7:11am On Nov 12, 2015
modath:

Do you also worship at the altar of NEYMESUR? wink

I watch Barca only when Messi is playing, was just fortunate to see that goal.
There's no denying, I worship at Messi's Altar.
Re: Help A Nigerian Player Win U17 Goal Of The Tournament by tiswell(m): 7:12am On Nov 12, 2015
Orji (mighty tree) okonkwo all the way

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Utd Top Spending Chart With £148m In 2019 Summer Transfer / I Hope To Return To Madrid Soon - Ronaldo After Receiving MARCA Legend Award / What EVERY Premier League Club Wants Before January Transfer Window Closes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.