Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,539 members, 7,808,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Why We Must Support Biafra - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Must Support Biafra (6478 Views)

Why All Young Nigerians Must Support Ipob. / Why United States Must Support Okonjo-Iweala For World Bank Presidency - By Bade / USA To Support Biafra Freedom From Nigeria– Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by coogar: 6:52pm On Nov 11, 2015
EasternLion:

OK.
Allow us worry, OK?

there's nothing for you to worry about....

the oil fields belong to the federal republic of nigeria. if you are tired of the country, logic dictates you should walk away from nigeria & settle in cameroon & other neighbouring countries!

it's a marriage. when a wife is tired of her marriage to her husband, she walks away without hassles. you are not entitled to a single drop of oil once you secede! pack your bags and leave the country!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by VickJames(m): 6:56pm On Nov 11, 2015
what the people in the southsouth doesnt understand is that the world is fast changing and the rate at which it is changing, oil will soon be like something of more of a burden to its owners. the truth of the matter is that, the north understands the world more than we do. they will sit on this resources and call for one nigeria till the price of 1 barrel of petrol will be 10 dollars.

when that time comes, the people that will be shouting one nigeria will be different. the southerners will shout one nigeria but the north will shout arewa republic. in the 50's when they perceived that they could stay own their own within their pyramids of groundnut and other solid minerals discovered in their region then, they were shouting arewa republic before oloibiri calmed their nerves with the first commercial quantity of oil in that region.

this country will be difficult to grow. i just wish my brothers will listen and try to develop the east before thinking of secession. thats the way to go about it.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by warripekin(m): 6:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
coogar:
i cannot believe people still dream of biafra. it can never happen. you guys should channel your energy into something more productive rather than having lucid dreams.
Dreams do come through you know. If the will and believe is there, then its achievable. Nigeria as an entity has not worked, is not working and doesn't seem to want to work. So in other to get the change we desire, we must rise and do something about it.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by coogar: 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
warripekin:

Dreams do come through you know. If the will and believe is there, then its achievable. Nigeria as an entity has not worked, is not working and doesn't seem to want to work. So on other to get the change we desire, we must rise and do something about it.

so what makes you think biafra would work? nigeria as an entity isn't the problem, the people of nigeria are the problem.

even if nigeria splits into 20 countries, each of them would still have their own share of unscrupulous mörons determined to derail the progress of the country.

don't feed off the ramblings of a cretinous vermin like nnamdi kanu. his target audience is the large army of stark illiterates lurking around the east......not for someone like you!

think....please!

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by patrick89(m): 7:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
EasternLion:
Igbo dominance kwa?

An Igbo man cannot even dominate his grown up son, an igwe can't even dominate someone in his community talkless of Igbo dominating anyone.

You people make a mountain out of an anthill.

the truth is they're actually afraid! but the point is to make it very clear to them on what we stand for!
it's actually quite unfortunate to assume that igbos are domineering. The biafra I dream of will be jealously built by our sweat!!

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by EasternLion: 7:02pm On Nov 11, 2015
coogar:

the oil fields belong to the federal republic of nigeria. if you are tired of the country, logic dictates you should walk away from nigeria & settle in cameroon & other neighbouring countries!

it's a marriage. when a wife is tired of her marriage to her husband, she walks away without hassles. you are not entitled to a single drop of oil once you secede! pack your bags and leave the country!

Typical rant of a parasite, see ur head.

6 Likes

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Nobody: 7:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
coogar:
so what makes you think biafra would work? nigeria as an entity isn't the problem, the people of nigeria are the problem.

even if nigeria splits into 20 countries, each of them would still have their own share of unscrupulous mörons determined to derail the progress of the country.

don't feed off the ramblings of a cretinous vermin like nnamdi kanu. his target audience is the large army of stark illiterates lurking around the east......not for someone like you!

think....please!

Use your head...at least this once and stop being silly by advertising your folly online.

If you have half of the wits of NK I dare you to champion counter protests in those cities IPOB have held peaceful demonstrations.

If a world power like the Soviets Union (USSR) could emerge with 15 republics without firing a gun then Nigeria's case is a forgone conclusion no matter the propaganda from people like you.

Threatening IPOB with wars, death, violence and destruction to keep a fraudulent union going can't work and is no longer working.

Strange bedfellows are not meant to be together!

Mind you, believe it or not, even without a gun shot from NK many of your kind are jittery already about their future as their age-long lies are being exposed...

8 Likes

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
warripekin:
I may not necessarily want to form a republic with Igbos in the south east, but I believe the call for Biafra is coming at the right time for the following reasons:

Resource control: They call for resource control started at the height of the Niger delta struggle culminating in the death of ken sarowiwa in 1995 and later championed by the likes of James ibori and Alamesigha( may his soul rest in peace). At some point we believed we could get the derivation formula raised to 30% after the implementation of 13% but subsequent constitutional conferences as held by obasanjo and Jonathan the northern cabal at the conferences, vehemently opposed anything resource control and the conferences never saw the light of the day. Those of us in the Niger Delta must take a definitive stance on what we want and how to go about it but that's where my fears lies in that the Niger delta hardly ever speaks with one voice and in most cases do not even have a voice at all. Therefore, the quest for Biafra is the quest for the neglected, downtrodden, exploited, people in this carapace called Nigeria. We can work with the Biafran team to achieve our goal besides, I can hardly see the Niger Delta struggle coaxing into a force like the Biafran struggle. MEND and the likes tried but sold out at the end and likes of Tom polo became emergency billionaires while Oka languishes in jail in SA. Ogoni as a people made impact too but everything died down with the death of ken sarowiwa. I remember Sarowiwa approached Ojukwu in Enugu sometime in 1994 but thats by the way. But with Biafra, we have a large ethnic group with their grieviances who are determined as it were to make a head way. We can join forces with them to achieve our own goal and while doing that, i will not mind a Bendel repulblic or a restructured nigeria where equity and fair play is obtainable in addition, as a member of the lower Niger area and from what I have seen, most ethnic group from rivers, cross river and akwa ibom will most likely root for Biafra because of ethnic affinity than a core Niger delta republic with no compass or bearing

Lopsided Nigerian structure;
Those of us in the lower Niger area believe for Nigeria to survive, we need to restructure into a regional a government something close to what obtained in the first republic or a confederation where even the south east region can even adopt the name Biafra and the Niger delta will take up their name as well. Canada has this kind of autonomy, same as the UK with even Scotland agitating for secession but narrowly failed after a referendum. We are also planning for a referendum come 2017 in the lower Niger area and we hope to achieve our objective of either outright secession or a restructured Nigeria where equity and fairness obtains.

Which way Nigeria;
The truth is Nigeria can not continue in this present trajectory unless we become a Yugoslavia of Africa.

Flesh and blood couldn't have revealed the above vision to you. That's exactly why I'm supporting the Biafra movement. Very soon all the gimmicks by the cheaters to tag the Biafra struggle an IGBO thing will fail as more and more forward thinking people within the SS begin to see the bigger picture.

May God bless you real good.

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by coogar: 7:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
EasternLion:

Typical rant of a parasite, see ur head.

you are a consummate tröglodyte!

when pitiful fools like you with the intelligence quotient of a pubic louse get challenged intellectually, they resort to ad hominem sniping!

you've got a lot to learn.

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Cjrane2: 7:13pm On Nov 11, 2015
[size=18pt]After we rest for a week, we should come out again and continue the protest until the illegal detention of Mr nnamdi Kanu and violation of his rights are addressed.[/size]

11 Likes

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by VickJames(m): 7:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
Everyone should kindly listen:

In 20years time and the introduction of Iran into the oil market, the price of oil will further dwindle because Nigeria is not among the controllers of the market. we will start looking for buyers around the world. the chinese who are our best buyers have run to angola because they now prefer heavy oil to light sweet oil. the only country buying our oil on a large scale is the Indians. so the oil we are all celebrating will later be a burden if we dont play the politics well.

the population of nigeria in the next 20 years will cause more trouble on our resources which i think will not change from thesame oil. the population of nigeria will still skyrocket to 200 million. is it thesame 10 dollars per barrel that will feed the whole country? now, let us ask ourselves and tell ourselves the truth, what other resources do we have that can stay long and feed the whole country? your guess is as good as mine. the only resources that is capable of feeding the country is oil and it can not feed the country in the next 20years. the problem that the south south will face in the next 20years will so much that they might end up begging. this is because after the heavy environmental degradation that will have happened in the region in the next 20years, contaminating their water table and making aquatic life and agriculture difficult to grow, they will now be at the mercy of the region who said resource control is a sin.

the sea is coming to the south south or have they stopped watching discovery world? the sea is coming and the map of the south south shows that they stretch on the sea, not that a particular part is on the sea, that means when the sea comes, majority of their lands will go underwater, another bad news for them.

the problem about the people in the south south is that they lack the necessary thinking of the future and whenever they become emotional about certain things, i just watch and laugh. The igbos might have this superiority complex and loudmouthedness but they remain the least violent people in this country. they can tell you that they will kill and maim everybody but have they tried any of that? the south south people have what they have to make the igbos partner with them and even support them but they keep shouting that the igbos want their oil.

now lets explain what is happening in the east, we might not have the quantity of oil of export and compete in the outside world. thats no problem, but can that oil fuel the cars and gas fuel the gas cookers of every igbo man in the region? yes we have the amount of oil that can keep us from buying oil outside the shores of our country.

Anambra, imo and abia states have oil. enugu has coal (probably one of the largest deposits in the world), ebonyi has been into agriculture for ages and has very deposit of solid minerals and limestone. do you think these states look like states that will end up begging? I've not talked about the anioma side where oil has just be discovered, neither have i talked about the ikwerre and obigbo people that have oil in very large quantities. the igbos are not your problem.

spare parts dealers, cd dealers and other businesses igbo people do doesnt relate to oil. I am just confused.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Themonster: 7:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
dearpreye:

Flesh and blood couldn't have revealed the above vision to you. That's exactly why I'm supporting the Biafra movement. Very soon all the gimmicks by the cheaters to tag the Biafra struggle an IGBO thing will fail as more and more forward thinking people within the SS begin to see the bigger picture.

May God bless you real good.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Themonster: 7:35pm On Nov 11, 2015
[s]
coogar:

you are a consummate tröglodyte!

when pitiful fools like you with the intelligence quotient of a pubic louse get challenged intellectually, they resort to ad hominem sniping!

you've got a lot to learn.
[/s]

trash trash trash

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Obiagu1(m): 7:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
warripekin:

Please you can tone down your insults. We asked for upwards of 30% or more at the constitutional conferences held by OBJ and GEJ but we found out it was not going to work. As someone privy to the last national conference, the little we achieved was ably supported by the south east then then south west but northerners were vehemently in opposition. I believe we should aline with the south east and fight for a just course but to achieve that, we must define the tenets of our struggle together besides, most of us in delta state will rather form an alliance with Edo, and illages in ondo state and get our own country. Let's say Bendel republic. From some of the meetings we attended in the port Harcourt on the lower Niger area, I got to find out that most ethnic groups especially the igboid once would rather be Biafra than Niger delta republic should the case arise. Infact, an Ogoja man says he understands and buds well with ebonyi and efik people than an Itskeri like my self and therefore he would rather be Biafran. But those of us here in delta south is afraid of Igbo dominance in a Biafran state. But I believe in building alliances for survival. The Niger delta as it were has no voice or direction yet. But we are watching

I insulted no one. I was being point blank.
It is as it is.

Let me address a few things and you actually stated it in your post.

There is nothing like Niger Delta. Like you said, an Ogoja man has no connection whatsoever with an Urhobo and would not be part of that mirage called NigerDelta.
Infact, like I said earlier, SS lack wisdom. If you guys are clever enough, you would realise that the Igbo is, in fact, the unifying ethnic group in the lower Niger. Igbo has border and relationship with almost every ethinic group in lower Niger. Without the Igbo, you have no connection with an Ogoja man. Think!

Secondly, almost every nation created recently in the world was created out of a known border. Nobody recognizes your NigerDelta nor your Benin Republic.
It's only Biafra that is recognised.
You CANNOT be created unless you break out with Biafra.
Another option you have is to remain in Nigeria.

Thirdly, how could the Igbo dominate when the whole Igboland would be a single province just much as Ogoni as a province? You have your 100% resource control. The population of the people in Nigerdelta is almost equal to that of the Igbo and cancels each other out.
So just tell me and be honest, where do you foresee domination?

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by obailala(m): 7:47pm On Nov 11, 2015
cocoduck:
what happened to the national conference reports? You are nothing. But an 1diot
Look boy, this is a serious matter and calling someone an 1diot in a simple argument only exposes your pitiable level of intelligence and poor upbringing.

If you read what I wrote, it would be clear to you that it is only the north, specifically the NW and NE that are opposed to the implementation of the national conference reports and there has to be some meaningful agitations for it to be implemented. It is not enough to just sit down at home and wail that the 'north' will never allow it to be implemented, and then the next thing you do is jump in the streets and start shouting secession. What efforts or pressure has ever been put to get the conference report implemented?

If only the sort of massive agitations we are seeing on the streets today were in favour of a call for the implementation of the national conference report, I can bet my life that the entire SS and also the entire SW would support and join in the streets; south westerners are always excited to jump in the streets for protests but would only do that when the cause is reasonable (and favourable to them). So I ask again, what efforts have been made to press for the implementation of the conference report?
Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by ikechu1278: 7:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
There shouldn't be any iteskiri, urhobo or isoko at biafra and I hope SE isn't thinking of adding them. It's stupidity to the fullest if Una ask me

8 Likes

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by coogar: 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
xtrorse:

Use your head...at least this once and stop being silly by advertising your folly online.

you are a consummate rëtard!

If you have half of the wits of NK I dare you to champion counter protests in those cities IPOB have held peaceful demonstrations.

half the cube root of my IQ is beyond NK. you think it's about going to a radio station to ptyalise baloney like a rabid dog? intellectuals go to a discussion table and beat their adversaries with facts & logic, not inciting violence driven by bigotry. your IQ must be lower than your shoe-size to even think NK is intelligent. he's a witless apprentice!

If a world power like the Soviets Union (USSR) could emerge with 15 republics without firing a gun then Nigeria's case is a forgone conclusion no matter the propaganda from people like you.

the soviet union was a world power when it disintegrated. they do not have the humongous army of stark illiterates loitering in eastern nigeria so stop comparing apples with oranges!

Threatening IPOB with wars, death, violence and destruction to keep a fraudulent union going can't work and is no longer working.
Strange bedfellows are not meant to be together!

no one is threatening you with war, death or violence. we are asking you to use your common sense and not become a part of the sheeple being brainwashed by the words of a street urchin.

Mind you, believe it or not, even without a gun shot from NK many of your kind are jittery already about their future as their age-long lies are being exposed...

jittery about what?
jittery about a nonentity like NK? even a more learned odumegwu ojukwu failed to scratch the surface, it's this homoerötic nuisance known as NK that will make me fret?

whoever brought you to this forum must be running a circus - you are a clown. grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by warripekin(m): 7:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
coogar:

think....please!
And what makes u think Biafra will not work. I laugh when I hear people say this. The truth is that is what will motivate Biafra to work is what is making Nigeria not to work. And that is nationalism and the pride of having something to call their own. But that is not exactly the same as Nigeria. Nigeria as it were, is still a made geographical expression( apologies awolowo). Theirs no cord that binds in Nigeria and if their is,its oil and u can agree with me that oil has brought more harm than good to Nigeria. Nigeria has not work because the different nationalities that make up Nigeria are undermining the progress of Nigeria. Each group wants to take advantage of the Nigerian space more than the order. Nigeria is being driven by selfish ambition and no country survives on that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by obailala(m): 7:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
warripekin:

My question is , why are those of in the south not doing anything about it?
If only the sort of massive agitations we are seeing on the streets today were in favour of a call for the implementation of the national conference report, in my opinion, that would be a more reasonable, a more honourable, a more sincere and a more feasible target which is worth agitating for and I can bet my life that the entire SS and also the entire SW would pour out in the streets in support until the report is implemented. But instead what do we have?... We have some confused people come up some ill-thought idea of secession (which if achieved would most likely end up a social and political disaster) and of course, they find it very easy to use the sweet words of a promised paradise to deceive and brainwash struggling artisans and street urchins to pour into the streets to constitute a nuisance.

How can any group succeed without building proper alliances or without cooperating with neighbours who seek similar goals?... Not a single effort has been made so far to press for the implementation of the conference report. Yet we jump into secession.
Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by warripekin(m): 8:06pm On Nov 11, 2015
Obiagu1:

I insulted no one. I was being point blank.
It is as it is.

Let me address a few things and you actually stated it in your post.

There is nothing like Niger Delta. Like you said, an Ogoja man has no connection whatsoever with an Urhobo and would not be part of that mirage called NigerDelta.
Infact, like I said earlier, SS lack wisdom. If you guys are clever enough, you would realise that the Igbo is, in fact, the unifying ethnic group in the lower Niger. Igbo has border and relationship with almost every ethinic group in lower Niger. Without the Igbo, you have no connection with an Ogoja man. Think!

Secondly, almost every nation created recently in the world was created out of a known border. Nobody recognizes your NigerDelta nor your Benin Republic.
It's only Biafra that is recognised.
You CANNOT be created unless you break out with Biafra.
Another option you have is to remain in Nigeria.

Thirdly, how could the Igbo dominate when the whole Igboland would be a single province just much as Ogoni as a province? You have your 100% resource control. The population of the people in Nigerdelta is almost equal to that of the Igbo and cancels each other out.
So just tell me and be honest, where do you foresee domination?
U do have some points there but as to where I see domination. I will tell you they are legion in the sense that we see an average Igbo man as a die hard with a can do spirit who whether u like it or not, will take Ur space and tell u in Ur face that he did that because u are lazy. Like I said, we need to talk and look at the tenets our struggles together and Igbos should be more accomodating

3 Likes

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 11, 2015
I will read your op if you change the headline to "why Biafra agitation will kill you".

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
coogar:
you are a consummate rëtard!

half the cube root of my IQ is beyond NK. you think it's about going to a radio station to ptyalise baloney like a rabid dog? intellectuals go to a discussion table and beat their adversaries with facts & logic, not inciting violence driven by bigotry. your IQ must be lower than your shoe-size to even think NK is intelligent. he's a witless apprentice!

the soviet union was a world power when it disintegrated. they do not have the humongous army of stark illiterates loitering in eastern nigeria so stop comparing apples with oranges!

no one is threatening you with war, death or violence. we are asking you to use your common sense and not become a part of the sheeple being brainwashed by the words of a street urchin.

jittery about what?
jittery about a nonentity like NK? even a more learned odumegwu ojukwu failed to scratch the surface, it's this homoerötic nuisance known as NK that will make me fret?

whoever brought you to this forum must be running a circus - you are a clown. grin

Dimwit, stop blowing hot air as if you're worth your silly rants! Use your head...at least for once!

Have you and your people fought any modern war before, not to mention wining a battle?

Cowardly folks like you should learn to keep quiet and take the back seats when the likes of NK appear on the stage.

Does it take 6 months to establish a formidable outfit like RB, with contacts in 88 countries, that's making such impact currently driving many bigots like you insane?
Do you know anything? And yet you came here foaming in the mouth as if you know much about IPOB/NK/RB.

You're now feigning ignorance as if you and your disgruntled folks have not been running amok on almost every IPOB topic threatening fire and brimstone on the Igbos should they insist on seeking self-determination.

Hypocrites are known to live in a mythical world far from reality. Your likes are indeed the backbone of betrayals and evils that have ruined, crippled and reduced this entity to nothingness.
So you are free to continue in your delusion. It's your inalienable right as guaranteed under the UN Charter.

For clarity sake I'd repeat my assignment to you:
If you can't execute such a task you remain a piss in the wind!

On a serious note you need a mental check up asap to ascertain your fitness.

Good luck as you watch these video clips at your discretion.

Warning: Viewers are liable to have terrible nightmares, heartaches and madness. Viewers discretion strictly advised:

PH IPOB Demonstrating Despite Barrage of Gun Shots:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1DRG7j3FG0

IPOB Protest in Sweden Embassy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEuzI1QUtYg&index=11&list=PLMiDzhRf7E1ufEjF7QedXH6XiiyqywTER

IPOB Protest in Nigeria Embassy in New Delhi:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYXr1RWWcgQ

6 Likes

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by coogar: 8:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
warripekin:

And what makes u think Biafra will not work. I laugh when I hear people say this. The truth is that is what will motivate Biafra to work is what is making Nigeria not to work. And that is nationalism and the pride of having something to call their own. But that is not exactly the same as Nigeria.

and what makes you think some factions in biafra won't do the same when they secede. would the SE not wage wars with SS over the control of the resources? would imo & anambra not wage war over who is superior? would the ijaws & itshekiri not start their civil war again?

why are you making this look like that part of nigeria can be peaceful?

Nigeria as it were, is still a made geographical expression( apologies awolowo). Theirs no cord that binds in Nigeria and if their is,its oil and u can agree with me that oil has brought more harm than good to Nigeria.

oil has brought more harm than good to nigeria & it would continue to bring harm because of the people of nigeria. the greed, selfishness, priggishness will not stop even if you divide nigeria into 1,000 countries. the mentality is the problem, not the geography!

Nigeria has not work because the different nationalities that make up Nigeria are undermining the progress of Nigeria. Each group wants to take advantage of the Nigerian space more than the order. Nigeria is being driven by selfish ambition and no country survives on that.

and so shall it be if you continue to divide the country. the mentality of the people must change first before even looking at seceding.

as it is, you have 10,000 armed robbers in a hall. if you divide into 10 groups, you still have 1,000 robbers per group. the division will not stop robbery.

1 Like

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by carnegiefan: 8:22pm On Nov 11, 2015
Themonster:
@ op I have been reading your posts you're just on point but watch as your brothers especially barcanista tag you igbo grin

an average ND man knows that this resource control is impossible with the mild way they're pushing it. it's DOA if you think that Buhari will wake up one day and dash niger delta resource control at the detriments of his brothers.

your brother Gej was intimidated out of government because he poses the risk of implementing confab report or don't you know that Gej's lost was a gang up by Northerners and SW both pdp and apc in order to kill the confab report

how can you explain the quick trashing of confab report by Buhari.
all hope is lost for a common poor ND man because no body will speak for them again. the likes of tompolo don't have time for such again.

I said the other time that an average oil producing ND youth should be entitled to salary and a comfortable life in order to sustain his future because technically he's ruined because he has lost the basic future of mankind which is land and water, and that's what resource control will archive but as usual it's DOA instead the oil block owners keeps getting richer at the detriments of them.

the only thing and that will bring this government to his knees is this protest and to the Igbos anything that will end this Nigeria is always welcomed.

the chance of ND achieving their resource control under this struggle is high.

some of the shallow thinkers keeps saying that they have their own struggle and I say what are how are you struggling it? by sitting behind the keyboard ranting resource control while the people you're talking to keeps exploiting you and feeding fat to your own detriments.

it's action and not just words the realistic niger delta knows this that's why they are joining the protests because that's their best chance of running their own destiny.

trust me when this thing escalates Nigeria will be forced to negotiate because it will be disastrous.

only dearpreye understands this that's why both me and other meaningful igbos respects him because this the unclad truth but others are just being unrealistic.

Eziokwu Chineke!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Obiagu1(m): 8:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
warripekin:

U do have some points there but as to where I see domination. I will tell you they are legion in the sense that we see an average Igbo man as a die hard with a can do spirit who whether u like it or not, will take Ur space and tell u in Ur face that he did that because u are lazy. Like I said, we need to talk and look at the tenets our struggles together and Igbos should be more accomodating

Igbos can brag and that's just about it. It's one thing you can't take away from us.
We don't harm, we only like to compete.

It is this confidence and can do spirit we rely on. We don't have much oil like you guys but we believe we can industrialise Igboland. There's more money and real employment in industry than in oil. In fact, Igbo province will never be an oil base economy even if we discover much more oil in our land. We don’t want oil to corrupt our inherent drive because that's what oil does, easy money.

As for talking, there are avenues to reach out to IPOB.
Be assured that Biafra would practice federalism and have absolute resource control.
These are fundamental to Biafra.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by VickJames(m): 8:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
fear is a beautiful tool that makes people stick to slavery.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by warripekin(m): 9:01pm On Nov 11, 2015
VickJames:
Everyone should kindly listen:

In 20years time and the introduction of Iran into the oil market, the price of oil will further dwindle because Nigeria is not among the controllers of the market. we will start looking for buyers around the world. the chinese who are our best buyers have run to angola because they now prefer heavy oil to light sweet oil. the only country buying our oil on a large scale is the Indians. so the oil we are all celebrating will later be a burden if we dont play the politics well.

the population of nigeria in the next 20 years will cause more trouble on our resources which i think will not change from thesame oil. the population of nigeria will still skyrocket to 200 million. is it thesame 10 dollars per barrel that will feed the whole country? now, let us ask ourselves and tell ourselves the truth, what other resources do we have that can stay long and feed the whole country? your guess is as good as mine. the only resources that is capable of feeding the country is oil and it can not feed the country in the next 20years. the problem that the south south will face in the next 20years will so much that they might end up begging. this is because after the heavy environmental degradation that will have happened in the region in the next 20years, contaminating their water table and making aquatic life and agriculture difficult to grow, they will now be at the mercy of the region who said resource control is a sin.

the sea is coming to the south south or have they stopped watching discovery world? the sea is coming and the map of the south south shows that they stretch on the sea, not that a particular part is on the sea, that means when the sea comes, majority of their lands will go underwater, another bad news for them.

the problem about the people in the south south is that they lack the necessary thinking of the future and whenever they become emotional about certain things, i just watch and laugh. The igbos might have this superiority complex and loudmouthedness but they remain the least violent people in this country. they can tell you that they will kill and maim everybody but have they tried any of that? the south south people have what they have to make the igbos partner with them and even support them but they keep shouting that the igbos want their oil.

now lets explain what is happening in the east, we might not have the quantity of oil of export and compete in the outside world. thats no problem, but can that oil fuel the cars and gas fuel the gas cookers of every igbo man in the region? yes we have the amount of oil that can keep us from buying oil outside the shores of our country.

Anambra, imo and abia states have oil. enugu has coal (probably one of the largest deposits in the world), ebonyi has been into agriculture for ages and has very deposit of solid minerals and limestone. do you think these states look like states that will end up begging? I've not talked about the anioma side where oil has just be discovered, neither have i talked about the ikwerre and obigbo people that have oil in very large quantities. the igbos are not your problem.

spare parts dealers, cd dealers and other businesses igbo people do doesnt relate to oil. I am just confused.
Nigeria as presently constituted is gradually grinding to a halt.

5 Likes

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by obailala(m): 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
Duru1:

Ordinary ministries are dysfunctional in Nigeria. State is a practical joke when state governors are impostors of head of state. Nigeria is a dumbass practical joke that will never work. The call of false or true federalism via regional structure is a dishonest hogwash. Best thing that will ever happen to inhabitants of the crap called Nigeria which was created by jackass British imperialists is total disintegration. I do not care if Nigeria disintegrates into 250 nation states. Anybody who lives outside the zoo called Nigeria can only begin to see the filth of the country.
The way some of you guys believe in some fairy tales is really baffling. That Nigerian ministries are dysfunctional, is it not humans that have made them dysfunctional?.... Are Igbos not fully involved in this dysfunctional process?.... So please tell me why you so think that these dysfunctionalities will automatically be reversed when we change our name from Nigeria to Biafra?... Where would the miracle come from?.... We presently have state ministries in the SE which are also as dysfunctional and these ministries are manned 100% by Igbos. How on earth you guys all think that these things will change miraculously when we change our name is one mystery no one has been able to answer.

When we are not able to clean our house, we put the blame on our neighbours who dont even step into our compound. I really cannot fathom this mystery.
Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by warripekin(m): 9:20pm On Nov 11, 2015
coogar:

and what makes you think some factions in biafra won't do the same when they secede. would the SE not wage wars with SS over the control of the resources? would imo & anambra not wage war over who is superior? would the ijaws & itshekiri not start their civil war again?

why are you making this look like that part of nigeria can be peaceful?

oil has brought more harm than good to nigeria & it would continue to bring harm because of the people of nigeria. the greed, selfishness, priggishness will not stop even if you divide nigeria into 1,000 countries. the mentality is the problem, not the geography!

and so shall it be if you continue to divide the country. the mentality of the people must change first before even looking at seceding.

as it is, you have 10,000 armed robbers in a hall. if you divide into 10 groups, you still have 1,000 robbers per group. the division will not stop robbery.
If u read me well, u will understand the sense I am trying to make. I appreciate the fact u still hope in this conundrum cal. d Nigeria. But if u must know, the biggest problem in Nigeria is ethnocentrism and not even corruption. We have corruption in the system because some people believe that Nigeria as is presently constituted favours them more and their fore no need to change the status quo. I will give u an example, in 1976, at the creation of Lagos state, Lagos state had the same number of LGAs as sokoto state(20). Today, sokoto state has been created into kebbi and jigawa states and in total has close to 60 states combined while Lagos is still at 20 LGAs in the same vane, Lagos with its 20 LGAs, generates more igr than the whole of north west combined.theirs too much injustice in the nigeria system and thats why people want out. Again, when nigeria ran a regional government, the region made much progress than what we presently have .so when people, are agitating for their right of self survival, they are simply asking for equity and fairness and they believe , if they can't get it in a lopsided Nigeria then they should form their own country hence Biafra!

3 Likes

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
obailala:
The way some of you guys believe in some fairy tales is really baffling. That Nigerian ministries are dysfunctional, is it not humans that have made them dysfunctional?.... Are Igbos not fully involved in this dysfunctional process?.... So please tell me why you so think that these dysfunctionalities will automatically be reversed when we change our name from Nigeria to Biafra?... Where would the miracle come from?.... We presently have state ministries in the SE which are also as dysfunctional and these ministries are manned 100% by Igbos. How on earth you guys all think that these things will change miraculously when we change our name is one mystery no one has been able to answer.

When we are not able to clean our house, we put the blame on our neighbours who dont even step into our compound. I really cannot fathom this mystery.

vicenzo:
That was and remain the policy upon which one Nigeria was built, economic and political strangulation of Igboland was the agenda of the "victors".

[b]Whenever you see an Igbo man shouting one Nigeria, 3 things are involved:

1. He is mentally retarded and should in that case be forgiven.

2. He has selfish interests to protect in Nigeria, it doesn't matter if the rest of his people burns and are denigrated, as one Nigeria must be preserved to serve his selfish interests, which might range from political, emotional( love) , economic and other senseless interests

3. He has no knowledge of his Igbo history. You know they don't teach history in Nigerian schools. His Nigerian education system failed him, and worst still, his parents failed him, for not teaching him about the history of his people. He ultimately gets to learn the  history of his people through outsiders and detractors, and of course the version of history they give him is a false one albeit anti- Igbo, so he develops self hate for himself and his group. We have many of them on NL. This happens more to Igbos born and raised in Lagos and other non Igbo parts of Nigeria.

Any mentally stable, unselfish Igbo man who knows the history of Igbo people in Nigeria, is innately Biafran to the core.

He might disagree with methods used by Igbo groups to achieve Biafra, but he is never pro Nigerian, Never! [/b]

2 Likes

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by DMerciful(m): 10:03pm On Nov 11, 2015
You are not being reasonable! Look at precedence all over d world if you cannot think. FYI since 1967 when Biafra was first declared, there has been 48 new nations. That means Biafra would have been older than 48 nations. Now I ask you where did this 48 natiions come from? Yeye dey smell
coogar:

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Must Support Biafra by DMerciful(m): 10:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
If SW really care about the implementation of the confab why can't they jump to d street like they did with subsidy removal? Abi dem need Igbo permission? This just tells you SW are pretenders....they don't want the implementation of d confab undecided
obailala:
Look boy, this is a serious matter and calling someone an 1diot in a simple argument only exposes your pitiable level of intelligence and poor upbringing.

If you read what I wrote, it would be clear to you that it is only the north, specifically the NW and NE that are opposed to the implementation of the national conference reports and there has to be some meaningful agitations for it to be implemented. It is not enough to just sit down at home and wail that the 'north' will never allow it to be implemented, and then the next thing you do is jump in the streets and start shouting secession. What efforts or pressure has ever been put to get the conference report implemented?

If only the sort of massive agitations we are seeing on the streets today were in favour of a call for the implementation of the national conference report, I can bet my life that the entire SS and also the entire SW would support and join in the streets; south westerners are always excited to jump in the streets for protests but would only do that when the cause is reasonable (and favourable to them). So I ask again, what efforts have been made to press for the implementation of the conference report?

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nobody Will Vote For You In The Next Election" Fr Mbaka To Buhari. / 2023: Dethroned Emir Sanusi, Abba Kyari Campaign Materials Surfaces (Photos) / Nigeria Exported $4.47bn Crude, FAAC Got N1.83tn —NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 165
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.