Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,149 members, 7,807,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger (23765 Views)

13 Political Parties Plan Merger / 2019: Aggrieved APC, PDP Leaders Begin Merger Talks / President Buhari Meets Aviation Ministry At State House Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by DONSMITH123(m): 3:15pm On Nov 11, 2015
The National Union of Air Transport Employees (NUATE) on Wednesday faulted the scrapping of the Ministry of Aviation by the Federal Government.

The Assistant General-Secretary of NUATE, Mr. Olayinka Abioye, made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

The Federal Government had on Tuesday merged the ministry with the ministry of transport as part of the restructuring of the public service.

Abioye argued that the merger did not make economic sense and might cost the nation a lot of money in future.

“Our position has always been that it doesn’t make economic sense for these ministries to be merged.

“Our argument is that it makes no difference because the structure of the ministry of aviation will still remain.

“The only difference that we see is that there will be one minister and may be a minister of state.’’

He recalled that on two occasions, the ministries were merged under former President Olusegun Obasanjo but were reversed to the status quo in order not to destroy the sector.

The unionist said it would have been better to restructure various agencies in the ministry to cut cost and improve efficiency.

“We will make our position known to government but we are not going to attack government.

“We believe that we will work together to ensure that the sustainability and turnaround that everybody is wishing for the industry comes to pass,’’ Abioye added

Cc: lalasticlala

http://thenationonlineng.net/union-faults-aviation-ministry-merger/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by kodded(m): 3:16pm On Nov 11, 2015
G
Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by OnankpaBa(m): 3:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
as if they get choice

14 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by OnankpaBa(m): 3:17pm On Nov 11, 2015
kodded:
G

for goat

4 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by oluwaSmith1(f): 3:18pm On Nov 11, 2015
lalasticlala, i hope its not the fear of Amaechi o

5 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by DONSMITH123(m): 3:19pm On Nov 11, 2015
If Aviation is really merged with Transport. I think Amaechi has a good ministry as well. Why all the insults?

22 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by OnankpaBa(m): 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
DONSMITH123:
If Aviation is really merged with Transport. I think Amaechi has a good ministry as well. Why all the insults?

Sir Don. wailers will always wail...

42 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by Nobody: 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
Useless Union want to embark on strike angry

7 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by OnankpaBa(m): 3:21pm On Nov 11, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

grin grin grin
Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by Kyase(m): 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
Of course and amaechi never start work be that ooo

4 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by dayo23(f): 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2015
DONSMITH123:
The National Union of Air Transport Employees (NUATE) on Wednesday faulted the scrapping of the Ministry of Aviation by the Federal Government.

The Assistant General-Secretary of NUATE, Mr. Olayinka Abioye, made the disclosure in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos.

The Federal Government had on Tuesday merged the ministry with the ministry of transport as part of the restructuring of the public service.

Abioye argued that the merger did not make economic sense and might cost the nation a lot of money in future.

“Our position has always been that it doesn’t make economic sense for these ministries to be merged.

“Our argument is that it makes no difference because the structure of the ministry of aviation will still remain.

“The only difference that we see is that there will be one minister and may be a minister of state.’’

He recalled that on two occasions, the ministries were merged under former President Olusegun Obasanjo but were reversed to the status quo in order not to destroy the sector.

The unionist said it would have been better to restructure various agencies in the ministry to cut cost and improve efficiency.

“We will make our position known to government but we are not going to attack government.

“We believe that we will work together to ensure that the sustainability and turnaround that everybody is wishing for the industry comes to pass,’’ Abioye added

Cc: lalasticlala

http://thenationonlineng.net/union-faults-aviation-ministry-merger/
Era of change...no more useless strikes and side bribery, Union people make una face una work and leave the Government alone to do there work

18 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by oluwaSmith1(f): 3:24pm On Nov 11, 2015
Kyase:

Of course and amaechi never start work be that ooo

chai....Amaechi, may all my enemies have that kind fear for me...

8 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by dayo23(f): 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
oluwaSmith1:
no mind them, them don dey fear Ameachi
Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by DONSMITH123(m): 3:25pm On Nov 11, 2015
dayo23:
Era of change...no more useless strikes and side bribery, Union people make una face una work and leave the Government alone to do there work

Strike? not any more my guy grin

4 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by oluwaSmith1(f): 3:26pm On Nov 11, 2015
dayo23:
no mind them, them don dey fear Ameachi

grin grin grin grin
Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by Kyase(m): 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

chai....Amaechi, may all my enemies have that kind fear for me...
Amin oo

2 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by SmithEnemona(m): 3:27pm On Nov 11, 2015
make dem no even start.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by OnankpaBa(m): 3:29pm On Nov 11, 2015
SmithEnemona:
make dem no even start.

grin grin Amaechi is their fear not the merger grin grin

11 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by OnankpaBa(m): 3:30pm On Nov 11, 2015
TonyeBacarnister will be writing his full page now....Tonye where are you oooooooooooooooooo

21 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by DONSMITH123(m): 3:31pm On Nov 11, 2015
OnankpaBa:
TonyeBacarnister will be writing his full page now....Tonye where are you oooooooooooooooooo

grin grin grin am just happy for my man, Fashola

4 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by OnankpaBa(m): 3:33pm On Nov 11, 2015
DONSMITH123:

grin grin grin am just happy for my man, Fashola

Sir Don, walahi i go throw party for both fashola and Amaechi....Wike where are you?

15 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by SmithEnemona(m): 3:36pm On Nov 11, 2015
OnankpaBa:
cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by OnankpaBa(m): 3:42pm On Nov 11, 2015
SmithEnemona:

cheesy

yes na.... uncle lalasticlala give wailers food jor
Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by Super1Star: 3:46pm On Nov 11, 2015
If they do not like it, they can go on strike.

If the FG that gave them appointment says it is restructuring and changing the nomenclature of its ministries, how is that their headache? How will that reduce their salaries?

That was the same ministry where Stealer oduah sat down and was buying Odeshi-proof cars with millions of tax payers money!!!!!

8 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by malton: 3:47pm On Nov 11, 2015
grin. Those people too dey fear. They couldn't make just one valid point. So status quo should remain owing to fears that things might remain the same after all, how do you bring about change then?
Most nations got it right off trials and error. Not like this is an experimentation of any sort.

5 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by OnankpaBa(m): 3:48pm On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

If the FG that gave them appointment says it is restructuring and changing the nomenclature of its ministries, how is that their headache? How will that reduce their salaries?

That was the same ministry where Stealer oduah sat down and was buying Odeshi-proof cars with millions of tax payers money!!!!!

my brother, wailers seems to have forgotten that so soon...

6 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by EdCure: 3:53pm On Nov 11, 2015
Wike people grin
They can't stop the Lion.

4 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by oluwaSmith1(f): 3:54pm On Nov 11, 2015
EdCure:
Wike people grin
They can't stop the Lion.

7 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by sandraokosun1: 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2015
I thought the morons are trying hard to tell us they knw buhari composition of ministries more than him. I thought they claim aviation is not under transport again.
The same powerful aviation that made oduah one of the 5 president of nigeria.
I think pmb just have left it at aviation alone for ameachi, since some mofos like that white collar term AVIATION.
Ameachi has aviation, nimasa, all mighty N.P.A, shipper council etc. Added, if only fashola had only 1 min, amaechi could have been the best earner.

9 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by oluwaSmith1(f): 3:55pm On Nov 11, 2015
Super1Star:

wao....i hope stella Odua is serving her jail term

3 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by OnankpaBa(m): 3:57pm On Nov 11, 2015
oluwaSmith1:

wao....i hope stella Odua is serving her jail term

which jail? her man friend GEJ let her walk free...

4 Likes

Re: Union Faults Aviation Ministry Merger by oluwaSmith1(f): 4:07pm On Nov 11, 2015
OnankpaBa:

which jail? her man friend GEJ let her walk free...

Na wao

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Governors In Closed Door Meeting, Parallel Convention In Abuja [PHOTOS] / Zahra Buhari's Cultural Henna Pre-wedding Party (Photos) / Oyo Lawmaker, Olusegun Popoola Dies At 46

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.